Jump to topic:

Male stereotypes

Truth_seeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2014 7:43:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What are some stereotypes that you have or had with men? I'll address some stereotypes i caught in the media.

* Men always want sex - I'm a guy and i don't always want sex. My main focus in a relationship is to give love above all and that comes in various ways and involves alot of trust, emotion, and security.

* Men are concerned about physical strength - I don't care about strong muscles unless it serves a purpose to benefit others. I believe true strength lies within yourself. It comes from your own will to survive. It doesn't matter if pain comes your way, if there are obstacles in your way, how stronger your nemesis in life is, etc. if you can get rid of negative barriers in your mind, i define that as "strength."

* Men love to prove themselves - I already know i am a man, i don't need another person to tell me who i am. I see the need to prove yourself to others is insecurity.

* Men don't cry and have emotions - So wrong, i have plenty of emotions and i do cry at times. Everyone cries and those who say they don't are lying. Emotions is apart of being human and it's inevitable.

That's pretty much all i can think of, your welcome to share more.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2014 8:35:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
* Men always want sex - I'm a guy and i don't always want sex. My main focus in a relationship is to give love above all and that comes in various ways and involves alot of trust, emotion, and security.

I do, 24/7. I crave the physical intimacy and the sense of accomplishment. I couldn't give a damn about getting off though.

* Men are concerned about physical strength - I don't care about strong muscles unless it serves a purpose to benefit others. I believe true strength lies within yourself. It comes from your own will to survive. It doesn't matter if pain comes your way, if there are obstacles in your way, how stronger your nemesis in life is, etc. if you can get rid of negative barriers in your mind, i define that as "strength."

If I'm not strong, I'm weak. My only caveat is that I must still be able to fit through tight gaps and balance on branches.

* Men love to prove themselves - I already know i am a man, i don't need another person to tell me who i am. I see the need to prove yourself to others is insecurity.

It's nothing to do with insecurity and everything to do with status. The one with the biggest dick wins.

* Men don't cry and have emotions - So wrong, i have plenty of emotions and i do cry at times. Everyone cries and those who say they don't are lying. Emotions is apart of being human and it's inevitable.

I don't have emotions. I'm dead inside.