Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Sexism goes both ways. Feminism can help.

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 3:03:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I really like this set of illustrations. In case anyone _still_ feels like feminism leaves men out. It's short.

http://m.imgur.com...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 7:29:44 PM
The Fool: Part of feminist is radical feminism, therefore men can"t trust feminist with their issues. Secondly men's issues have only been mentioned in Feminism because of the pressure and work done by Mens Rights Advocates. They have been fighting against feminism to have men's issues even be taken seriously. Now why would we all of a sudden want to be represented by those who have been downplaying the very importance, compassion and humanity of men, until they have been forced to recognize it? That doesn't make any sense.

This is beside the point that men generally want their own voice about their own issues. Why can"t they accept that? The very fact that feminist can't accept that is reason to not Trust them. The Feminist monopoly on gender issues is coming to an end.

Against The Ideologist

Don't give up the fight.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 7:36:41 PM
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 9:17:13 PM
At 10/10/2014 3:03:06 PM, kbub wrote:
I really like this set of illustrations. In case anyone _still_ feels like feminism leaves men out. It's short.

1 and 2: They're both desperate and all four are shallow. I fail to see the problem here.

3: Anybody who thinks rejection works like that needs to pull their head of their terrible Mary-Sue fan fictions and go talk to some people.

4: Ladies, if you're being annoyed in this manner, go up to somebody (preferably the bouncer) and say, "Excuse me, this guy's harassing me." Boom, tables are turned in your favour.

5: Refer to point 3.

6 and 7: Sadly, both happen, but not as often as people think.

8: Refer to 3.

9: That one's actually true.

10: Only if your parents are conservative.

11: Refer to 9.

12, 13, 14 and 15: So another person has judged your appearance? Repeat this mantra: NMFP.

16 to 18: Refer to 9.

19: Refer to 3.

20 to 29: Refer to 9.

30: This wasn't a problem before Feminism came along.*

31: No, belittling is just something people do anyway.

32: See 30.

33 and 34: Refer to 3.

* This does not mean that Feminism is to blame for men being diicks. We do that all by ourselves.
Garbanza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 10:08:37 PM

I like all that a lot, but I think that men really do lose out to feminism in some ways. Too bad for them, because it was unfair to start with, and it's a bitch eat dog world, etc., but I think we need to acknowledge it.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 10:10:53 PM
At 10/10/2014 9:56:41 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 10/10/2014 9:17:13 PM, apb4y wrote:

Awwwwwwwwwwww cute panda!!

Pandas are for trolling.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2014 11:42:10 PM

1 and 2: They're both desperate and all four are shallow. I fail to see the problem here.

3: Anybody who thinks rejection works like that needs to pull their head of their terrible Mary-Sue fan fictions and go talk to some people.

4: Ladies, if you're being annoyed in this manner, go up to somebody (preferably the bouncer) and say, "Excuse me, this guy's harassing me." Boom, tables are turned in your favour.

That's right. If women are in trouble, look for the nearest man.

5: Refer to point 3.

6 and 7: Sadly, both happen, but not as often as people think.

8: Refer to 3.

9: That one's actually true.

10: Only if your parents are conservative.

11: Refer to 9.

12, 13, 14 and 15: So another person has judged your appearance? Repeat this mantra: NMFP.

16 to 18: Refer to 9.

19: Refer to 3.

20 to 29: Refer to 9.

30: This wasn't a problem before Feminism came along.*

31: No, belittling is just something people do anyway.

32: See 30.

33 and 34: Refer to 3.

* This does not mean that Feminism is to blame for men being diicks. We do that all by ourselves.
apb4y
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 12:41:06 AM
At 10/10/2014 11:42:10 PM, kbub wrote:

That's right. If women are in trouble, look for the nearest man.

I know you're being sarcastic, but you've also hit the nail on the head. Women are physically weaker than men, and should therefore take precautions to even the odds. This could include:

- Having a male chaperone.

- Being in a group.

- Having a dog on a leash.

- Carrying a visible gun.

- Wearing a police uniform.

- Carrying around the head of the last guy who attacked her.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 10:11:55 PM

I think trying to prove that feminism is in it (in some way) for men is giving away too much. It's not for men. It's for women and saying otherwise merely gives up theoretical terrain. It shifts the ground from the proper question of identifying practices and discourses which adversely affect women to one which is forced to subject the claims of feminism to non-feminist analysis of where and when feminists are adversely affecting men (which shifts the centre of feminism from 'women' to 'weak men's feelings'). Stop giving two sh'ts about how nerdy white dudebros feel about feminism and keep on fighting the good fight.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2014 11:41:24 PM
At 10/11/2014 10:11:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I think trying to prove that feminism is in it (in some way) for men is giving away too much. It's not for men. It's for women and saying otherwise merely gives up theoretical terrain. It shifts the ground from the proper question of identifying practices and discourses which adversely affect women to one which is forced to subject the claims of feminism to non-feminist analysis of where and when feminists are adversely affecting men (which shifts the centre of feminism from 'women' to 'weak men's feelings'). Stop giving two sh'ts about how nerdy white dudebros feel about feminism and keep on fighting the good fight.

The Fool: That Propaganda is targeting guys like you. Do you not think the high suicide rates and lower life expectancy men in society is due to the lack of compassion, social resources , and stress of stigmatization caused by feminism,?

Why do you hate us so much?

Against The Ideologist
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 12:37:31 AM
The Fool: Feminism is for everybody??
<(8D)

)
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 4:54:47 PM

This is good and all. I just have a few critiques.
1. I'm not dating a fat girl
2. I'm not dating a fat guy
3. I'm not dating an ugly girl
4. I'm not dating an ugly guy

I don't care how much someone thinks they're a good person, if they don't have the common decency to fix their appearance, they're not worth my time.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:04:39 PM
5. I see anyone who let's themselves be pushed around by another as pathetic, be they male or female.

Note: Due to how I was raised, I might be biased.

6. I crossdress all the time. I've never been insulted for it.
7. If how you look affects how you think about yourself, fix it! There is no sexism here, only common sense.
8. Those with dietary related issues such as obesity and anorexia are simply ill. I and every other physician worth their degree will prescribe getting them therapeutic help. It's like arguing that Psychopathy can be caused by environmental factors. The sad truth is that the issue was there before environment came into play. The environment only worsens the symptoms... fixing it will not remove the problem. Fixing the broken person will.
9. If a woman acts like a ho before feminism changes things, I can assure you she will be a ho after.
10. 9.99/10 Just walking up to a random person and saying date me will not work. It's like asking random people to f**k you. As seen in the video, it does not work.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2014 5:44:52 PM
At 10/11/2014 10:11:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:

This isn't true. Feminism has focused on the female side of gender issues because historically that's where the political battle lay. But feminism has always been more broadly about studying gender, sexuality, and society. This the close ties to queer theorists and broader social critiques like Marxism. I really don't see how it's possible for feminists to write about these issues without making substantive claims about males; difference feminists certainly make claims about men.

I don't think feminism is *for* men, I think it's a field of critical theory concerned with gender. Historically this meant it focused on the glaring political injustices of sexism. Now there is more room to talk about attitudes towards men, which is something most plenty of modern feminists do.
Gump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 10:06:44 PM

HA! Stupid feminists