Total Posts:135|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I don't like my neighbors. Am I racist?

Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?
My work here is, finally, done.
PotBelliedGeek
Posts: 4,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 8:55:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?

No. You dislike certain inconsiderate and disrespectful actions taken on their part. Those things are completely and entirely independent of race.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
apb4y
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 10:52:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?

Because you've been brainwashed into thinking that way by the PC crowd.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 11:31:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 9:12:51 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Yes, you are an extremely racist and hateful bigot.

Is this genuine or sarcasm?
My work here is, finally, done.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:12:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 11:31:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:12:51 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Yes, you are an extremely racist and hateful bigot.

Is this genuine or sarcasm?

Genuine as fool's gold
Nolite Timere
paininthenuts
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 4:17:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?

====================

Your entitled to like and dislike who you want, and for what ever reason. If you don't like someone from a certain place because of their appearance, that's your choice. I live in a country full of Pakistanis, and believe me they are pretty horrible. That said, we have lot's of Indian people who on the whole are quite nice. I live in a Cul De Sac with 16 houses. A year ago it was 100% white and indigenous, and now it is 15% foreign. The price of my house is now plummeting by the day.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 8:40:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think everyone is missing the point.

In a nutshell, I don't like my neighbors because they act Mexican, and, they are Mexican, so it's no surprise. It just seems wrong to say, "I don't like them because they act like Mexicans".
My work here is, finally, done.
paininthenuts
Posts: 161
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 11:02:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 8:40:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think everyone is missing the point.

In a nutshell, I don't like my neighbors because they act Mexican, and, they are Mexican, so it's no surprise. It just seems wrong to say, "I don't like them because they act like Mexicans".

On the bright side, Mexican food is really good, is there any chance they may ask you round for dinner ?
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 11:50:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?

I think not liking someone for acting like "stereotypical Mexicans" is racist yes. This isn't about other races. It's about you generalizing a entire race of people with traits you don't like because your neighbors are Mexican.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 12:17:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 12:12:50 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 10/17/2014 11:31:08 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/17/2014 9:12:51 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Yes, you are an extremely racist and hateful bigot.

Is this genuine or sarcasm?

Genuine as fool's gold
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 1:06:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?

Considering the fact that they have trash that litters your yard stereotypically Mexican is pretty racist, yes.

Otherwise, I think it's safe to say that you're pretty stuck up and need a colostomy.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 2:49:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/17/2014 8:35:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
A thought occurred to me, and I am curious what people think.

I have neighbors who are of a Latin decent.
They have a large family (or, at least, many people appear to live there).
They have parties most weekends.
They have trash that litters my yard.
Their parties are loud enough to bother me while I am indoors, but this is during daytime hours, and it's more I like the quiet.

So, basically, they are acting like Mexicans stereotypically do, and I don't like it, therefore, I don't like them.
Is that racist?

I mean, I don't not like them because their are Mexican, and I would dislike any other race who does the same, so, why does this realization that I don't like the Mexicans next door for "being Mexican" feel dirty?

The Fool: Honestly? The inference from "stereotypical Mexican" to simply "being Mexican" does sound a little dirty, since well, "stereotypical Mexicans" is an inductive generalized characteristic, while race is a deductive inherent property.

In other words, not all Mexicans are "Stereotypical Mexican" but all Mexicans are indubitably Mexicans.

According to what it means to be Racist, to remain Non-racist, you are only entitled to "dislike", or "be annoyed" by Stereotypical Mexican habits" not by more than one individual and/or the groups..

Why?

Because a set of individuals, is a group, and a group can be a race, but you can't dislike an entire race because that by definition is Racism. Therefore, to not qualify as being racist, you can dislike one individual with stereotypical Mexican habits as an individual, or simply dislike the "Stereotypical Mexican habits" themselves, but nothing more.
<(89)

Against The Ideologist

I never thought Racism was so complicated.
<(8D)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 6:49:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 8:40:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think everyone is missing the point.

In a nutshell, I don't like my neighbors because they act Mexican, and, they are Mexican, so it's no surprise. It just seems wrong to say, "I don't like them because they act like Mexicans".

This is racist. So either you are a racist, or you say things racist people say. It's one of those.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 6:56:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

https://s3.amazonaws.com...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 6:59:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

The rest of white America? You speak for the rest white America? Well I live in Phoenix, Arizona and there are Mexicans every where. I have Mexicans neighbors to the rear and one side of my house. I can honestly say that I don't have a issue with one. Nor would I ever consider not being racist hard. But hey maybe thats because I'm a minority right? Or maybe I'm just not racist, who knows.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:01:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

This is the most mind-boggling, ridiculous thing I have ever read on DDO, and I used to argue with jimtimmy. This thread exemplifies the reason I stopped posting on here altogether lol. I just can't.

It's probably time for me to stop lurking even and just give it up.
yang.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:01:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 6:59:32 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

The rest of white America? You speak for the rest white America? Well I live in Phoenix, Arizona and there are Mexicans every where. I have Mexicans neighbors to the rear and one side of my house. I can honestly say that I don't have a issue with one. Nor would I ever consider not being racist hard. But hey maybe thats because I'm a minority right? Or maybe I'm just not racist, who knows

You live in a middle class neighborhood, huh?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:03:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 6:49:13 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/18/2014 8:40:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think everyone is missing the point.

In a nutshell, I don't like my neighbors because they act Mexican, and, they are Mexican, so it's no surprise. It just seems wrong to say, "I don't like them because they act like Mexicans".

This is racist. So either you are a racist, or you say things racist people say. It's one of those.

What exactly is racist? The stereotype or my not liking them?
I don't like the things they do, but I wouldn't like it by any race. Similarly, if they didn't act this way, I'd not have an issue with them. It's not like I hate them, but I don't like them, and it is other things as well besides this, but this is the more racist element of it that I am exploring.

I mean, if X race has Y culture, and I don't like the culture, is it wrong for me to not like someone for exhibiting Y behavior if they are X race?
It seems wrong, but is it? The issue isn't the race, it's the behavior, but the behavior is part of the racial identity.
My work here is, finally, done.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:04:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:01:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/18/2014 6:59:32 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

The rest of white America? You speak for the rest white America? Well I live in Phoenix, Arizona and there are Mexicans every where. I have Mexicans neighbors to the rear and one side of my house. I can honestly say that I don't have a issue with one. Nor would I ever consider not being racist hard. But hey maybe thats because I'm a minority right? Or maybe I'm just not racist, who knows

You live in a middle class neighborhood, huh?

I suppose I do. I will add that the my neighbors behind me have a very nice home. Im a bit jealous.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:04:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:01:35 PM, tulle wrote:
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

This is the most mind-boggling, ridiculous thing I have ever read on DDO, and I used to argue with jimtimmy. This thread exemplifies the reason I stopped posting on here altogether lol. I just can't.

It's probably time for me to stop lurking even and just give it up.

I've lived next to 3 different families of Hispanics (not Mexicans), to be exact. I had the same result in all 3 houses. What I'm stating is a fact.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:07:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:04:39 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/18/2014 7:01:43 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/18/2014 6:59:32 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/18/2014 3:38:17 PM, Wylted wrote:
Everytime I've had Mexican neighbors they were like this. They'd party and set off fire crackers until 3 am spread their trash everywhere. They'd also get up at 5 am in the morning their rides laying on the horn until they came outside. I think just because they only slept 2 hours a day they expected me to as well.

They'd also let their kids play in the middle of the street where a car could just take them out at any second. I always got the impression that they felt like if they lost a kid it was no big deal because they had 20 more.

I know rich white people don't understand why there is racial tension (well off people of other ethnicities seem to be less ignorant of the "why" part), but I encourage them to move next to a bunch of Mexicans and than maybe they'll be able to sympathize better with the rest of white America. Or just move to the ghetto and become a minority and then you'll understand.

It's extremely easy to not be racist when your living in a nice house segregated from minorities, but try living in my world.

The rest of white America? You speak for the rest white America? Well I live in Phoenix, Arizona and there are Mexicans every where. I have Mexicans neighbors to the rear and one side of my house. I can honestly say that I don't have a issue with one. Nor would I ever consider not being racist hard. But hey maybe thats because I'm a minority right? Or maybe I'm just not racist, who knows

You live in a middle class neighborhood, huh?

I suppose I do. I will add that the my neighbors behind me have a very nice home. Im a bit jealous.

Well than move to the ghetto and then tell me you can't feel the racial tension and have no clue of the reasons behind it existing.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:08:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:04:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

I've lived next to 3 different families of Hispanics (not Mexicans), to be exact. I had the same result in all 3 houses. What I'm stating is a fact.

Well, why didn't you say that first?!

http://en.wikipedia.org...
yang.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:13:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:08:09 PM, tulle wrote:
At 10/18/2014 7:04:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

I've lived next to 3 different families of Hispanics (not Mexicans), to be exact. I had the same result in all 3 houses. What I'm stating is a fact.

Well, why didn't you say that first?!

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Are you suggesting that siestas and large families are not part of Latino culture?
I have an issue with parties I can hear while I am trying to relax.
Therefore, I have an issue with my neighbors.

What I am trying to explore with this thread is if that is a racist attitude?
The issue is the parties, not the fact that they are Mexican. However, the fact they are Mexican explains why they have parties. So, it feels like I have an issue with them because they are Mexican.
My work here is, finally, done.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:15:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:03:59 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 10/18/2014 6:49:13 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/18/2014 8:40:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I think everyone is missing the point.

In a nutshell, I don't like my neighbors because they act Mexican, and, they are Mexican, so it's no surprise. It just seems wrong to say, "I don't like them because they act like Mexicans".

This is racist. So either you are a racist, or you say things racist people say. It's one of those.

What exactly is racist? The stereotype or my not liking them?
I don't like the things they do, but I wouldn't like it by any race. Similarly, if they didn't act this way, I'd not have an issue with them. It's not like I hate them, but I don't like them, and it is other things as well besides this, but this is the more racist element of it that I am exploring.

I mean, if X race has Y culture, and I don't like the culture, is it wrong for me to not like someone for exhibiting Y behavior if they are X race?
It seems wrong, but is it? The issue isn't the race, it's the behavior, but the behavior is part of the racial identity.

Your stereotyping is racist. You assuming that the behavior you observe is part of their racial identity is super racist. You classifying certain behavior as "Mexican" is definitively racist. The current topic of my doctoral studies is ethnic identity development and the thoughts and feelings you are describing could come out of a text on prejudice and racial assumptions.

For future reference, comments about you not hating them, or that you would feel this way about anybody, or that if they didn't act this way you wouldn't feel what you feel...are all irrelevant to the question. Part of the problem with racists or racist beliefs is that of baseless and tangential justifications.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2014 7:17:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/18/2014 7:08:09 PM, tulle wrote:
At 10/18/2014 7:04:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

I've lived next to 3 different families of Hispanics (not Mexicans), to be exact. I had the same result in all 3 houses. What I'm stating is a fact.

Well, why didn't you say that first?!

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Anecdotal evidence of what?

What do you think I'm try to prove?