Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

"Equality" and stuff.

Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:33:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So a friend asked me on Facebook if I had seen this one moe-laden anime show. Moe pretty much refers to the majority of anime girls these days, who act ditzy and try to look really "cute" because they're usually underage. I said no, and that I wouldn't, because "I like my women looking like women (as opposed to girls) acting like women (as opposed to girls).

And then this girl comes into the thread.
Women acting like women? What does that mean?
Maturity factor.
So you mean women acting like adults.
Sure. I use "adult" to describe a different type of personality, but you probably get the general idea of what I'm saying.
If that's what you mean, then okay. I just don't like hearing things like females should be one thing and males should be another.

To be honest, I read that response like a teacher reads "I like pie" to the question "2+2=?". I didn't get it. But I've gotten this kind of righteous crap before, and I really want to know if it's actually that prevalent outside of where I live and crazy lunatics like those at Equality Now (see: http://www.sankakucomplex.com...).

When the hell did I say something that could be interpretted "females should be one thing and males should be another"?


Is it really "sexist" to say "I prefer my women to have big tits and nice asses and act like they know what the hell they're doing"? Or if I like them in any other way, for that matter? If I like them in ANY WAY AT ALL and am TOTALLY *NOT* FINE WITH BEING RANDOMLY ASSIGNED, does that make me a sexist?

I like my binders purple, my pianos grand, my guitars electric, and my computers with nVidia GPUs. How could those, with the format "I like my X with Y quality", be interpretted as format "I think all X should have Y quality"?

So I like my women acting like women, and not like men or androgenously or any other way. I like them a certain lot of other ways too. But how does that mean that I'm saying that "females should be one thing and males should be another", or in short, that I'm a sexist?


[This completely ignores the problem that I didn't say that I like my men a different way, so she has no comparison in the first place... ;) jk jk]
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:36:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Oh forgot, the link is to a non-work-safe site.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:36:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If she didn't know the context in which you used the sentence, I could see how she took it the wrong way. "I like my women acting like women" in some contexts means that you don't like masculine women and would of course offend people who believe that people can be as masculine or feminine as they biologically are or choose to be. But, if she understood your context, that you like women not little girls, then she's just an idiot.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:41:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Here's the thing: I'm attracted to women who act like women also (though I can see myself attracted to women who would have "masculine" traits like assertiveness, leadership skills, etc). I am not attracted to "butch" women. When I say "I like my woman like X" I am not being sexist. If I say, "All women should be X", I am being sexist. When you take the step from "I like my women X" to "All women should be X" is when things change.

I could really care less if there are extremely masculine women in the world. I have no problem with them. I wouldn't dare (nor care) to tell them to behave differently. I just know that I'm not attracted to them. It's the "should" and "ought to" that's the difference.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 7:47:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 7:33:06 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:I like my women looking like women

So I'm gonna link you to a site I frequent called Sankaku complex

Wut.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:16:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 7:47:25 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 4/16/2010 7:33:06 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:I like my women looking like women

So I'm gonna link you to a site I frequent called Sankaku complex

Wut.

News, man. They has cool news. It's great that most of the ads reflect what you're implying about the site, because I don't even want to pay attention to them :D

V_V quotes not in order

But, if she understood your context, that you like women not little girls, then she's just an idiot.
She was a friend of that guy and it was on that guy's fb page xDDD

When I say "I like my woman like X" I am not being sexist. If I say, "All women should be X", I am being sexist. When you take the step from "I like my women X" to "All women should be X" is when things change.
That's my point: I did NOT use that format. She STILL was able to link it in her mind that I MIGHT have said that.

"I like my women acting like women" in some contexts means that you don't like masculine women and would of course offend people who believe that people can be as masculine or feminine as they biologically are or choose to be.
And that's exactly what she did, except she added on that I was saying that because I like my women feminine, that I think all women should be feminine. Which is kind of common among feminists, and not to degrade feminists, but when an onion becomes widespread and popular, we probably don't need to analyze it too much.

I'm starting to think it's because nonconventional women [and supporters] still want to be LIKED the same as their conventional counterparts. All the "You think ALL women should be this way" stuff is just the self-delusion factor for them, like speeches do with politicians.

And if it turns out that up there really is the truth, I'm kickin em all out the window.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:24:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
some people equate preference with prejudice.

i remember once someone called me a sexist because i was more impressed with men hitting high notes in their songs than i was with women hitting low notes. as if i was disparaging the accomplishments of women by having that preference.

sounds like an overflow of politically correct bs :-D
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:28:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 8:24:39 PM, belle wrote:
some people equate preference with prejudice.
Wow.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:33:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 7:33:06 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

So I like my women acting like women, and not like men or androgenously or any other way. I like them a certain lot of other ways too. But how does that mean that I'm saying that "females should be one thing and males should be another", or in short, that I'm a sexist?

Wut? You're contradicting yourself. You just said that you like women acting like women, meaning you expect women to act a certain way -- specifically not like men or not androgynous. It's not sexist to say that you like FEMININE women (I like feminine women too) but it's sexist to say that women acting like women means women acting feminine. A woman can be feminine or masculine just as a man can be feminine or masculine... and I'm not talking just physically either.
President of DDO
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:50:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think it's an acceptable phrase.

"Acting like a woman" has an idiomatic usage that equates to femininity.
"A woman" is just the general term for a female human.
I interpret it as "A woman being feminine".

I think that it's just a little oversensitive for the girl to be saying that.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:52:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 8:33:19 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/16/2010 7:33:06 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

So I like my women acting like women, and not like men or androgenously or any other way. I like them a certain lot of other ways too. But how does that mean that I'm saying that "females should be one thing and males should be another", or in short, that I'm a sexist?

Wut? You're contradicting yourself. You just said that you like women acting like women, meaning you expect women to act a certain way -- specifically not like men or not androgynous. It's not sexist to say that you like FEMININE women (I like feminine women too) but it's sexist to say that women acting like women means women acting feminine. A woman can be feminine or masculine just as a man can be feminine or masculine... and I'm not talking just physically either.
Huhh....... is that a big difference? Seems like nitpicking to me, or at least something that would only possibly make a difference on the educated/intellectuals level. "I like my women acting like women" is pretty much the same as "I like my females feminine. It just happened that the English language does not have a similar derivative adjective for "woman" that it does for "female". Oh wait nevermind, yes it does. It's "womanly". No, that was not sarcastic.

So "I like my women womanly" is sexist, but "I like my women feminine" is not.... So would "I like my females feminine" be sexist and "I like my females womanly" not?

I'm going to need more explanation on this.

[Though to be sure, I wouldn't use "feminine" anyways, because my definition of feminine includes the ditzy girls, and I don't like that.]
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:55:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 8:50:59 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I think it's an acceptable phrase.

"Acting like a woman" has an idiomatic usage that equates to femininity.
"A woman" is just the general term for a female human.
I interpret it as "A woman being feminine".

I think that it's just a little oversensitive for the girl to be saying that.

I completely disagree. It's true that people expect females to be feminine. If a woman is feminine - great. If you like feminine women - great. As Vi said, it's the "ought to" that implies sexism and this applies to males as well. There is plenty of sexism and double standards that are imposed upon men that I don't agree with either. The girl thought that Rezz was implying men and women should be held to different standards in terms of behavior based on their sex/gender. You might find that "oversensitive" but I find that practical. Also, men aren't as inhibited by gender schemas as women are so I'm not surprised you feel that way.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 8:59:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 8:52:21 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

"I like my women acting like women" is pretty much the same as "I like my females feminine.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Wow. You're missing the entire point. You're implying that women SHOULD BE feminine by expecting "women to act like women" thereby implying that there's something wrong with a woman being masculine - either in terms of appearance or personality.

So "I like my women womanly" is sexist,

That's not sexist, it's just a poor analogy. You're equating woman to womanly which is not the same as equating woman to feminine.

but "I like my women feminine" is not.... So would "I like my females feminine" be sexist and "I like my females womanly" not?

Right, saying "I like my women feminine" is not sexist because you're stating a fact about your preference. Saying I like my females feminine is the same thing. Saying I like my females womanly is just a joke fail, I guess :P
President of DDO
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 9:07:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 8:59:53 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/16/2010 8:52:21 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:

"I like my women acting like women" is pretty much the same as "I like my females feminine.

Whaaaaaaaaat? Wow. You're missing the entire point. You're implying that women SHOULD BE feminine by expecting "women to act like women" thereby implying that there's something wrong with a woman being masculine - either in terms of appearance or personality.
....but I'm not expecting them to act that way??? I just like them that way.

So "I like my women womanly" is sexist,

That's not sexist, it's just a poor analogy. You're equating woman to womanly which is not the same as equating woman to feminine.
Right, that's what I need explanation on. What do these terms mean?
(The "bad analogy" was coming from an interpretation of mine on what your post was about, which turned out to be inaccurate)

but "I like my women feminine" is not.... So would "I like my females feminine" be sexist and "I like my females womanly" not?

Right, saying "I like my women feminine" is not sexist because you're stating a fact about your preference. Saying I like my females feminine is the same thing. Saying I like my females womanly is just a joke fail, I guess :P
The whole thing that started the convo was about my preference of women being womanly and not being littlegirly.. Now that you've responded in the same way, I have another person to ask! :D

What in my post made you think that I was talking about how I think "all women should act in accordance to what conventions have set for their sex"?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2010 9:13:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 8:55:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Also, men aren't as inhibited by gender schemas as women are so I'm not surprised you feel that way.

This is true. Since we've got you here, can you give us some examples as to how you've personally dealt with this?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:14:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
:Rezz said

"And that's exactly what she did, except she added on that I was saying that because I like my women feminine, that I think all women should be feminine. Which is kind of common among feminists, and not to degrade feminists, but when an onion becomes widespread and popular, we probably don't need to analyze it too much.

I'm starting to think it's because nonconventional women [and supporters] still want to be LIKED the same as their conventional counterparts. All the "You think ALL women should be this way" stuff is just the self-delusion factor for them, like speeches do with politicians.:


Um... no feminist I know says that just because someone prefers a certain trait sexually (you liking feminine women) that they are saying "all women should be this way." I think you're just mad at one particularly stupid girl (or all stupid girls around your age because they haven't got the background in real feminism yet) who misinterpreted what you were saying and stereotyping all feminists because of it. Again, I don't know any feminists who would make that claim.

I don't think all women want to be LIKED the same. I think they just want to be RESPECTED the same. There are plenty of people who like masculine or androgynous women. There are plenty of people who don't like feminine women. Everyone can find someone that's attracted to their particular type of gender. I don't see this as a real problem what so ever.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Rezzealaux
Posts: 2,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:17:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 8:14:54 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
:Rezz said

"And that's exactly what she did, except she added on that I was saying that because I like my women feminine, that I think all women should be feminine. Which is kind of common among feminists, and not to degrade feminists, but when an onion becomes widespread and popular, we probably don't need to analyze it too much.

I'm starting to think it's because nonconventional women [and supporters] still want to be LIKED the same as their conventional counterparts. All the "You think ALL women should be this way" stuff is just the self-delusion factor for them, like speeches do with politicians.:







Did you put this big space thing here? It was there when I clicked the Reply+Quote button...
Um... no feminist I know says that just because someone prefers a certain trait sexually (you liking feminine women) that they are saying "all women should be this way."
Oh. Well, thank god.
I think you're just mad at one particularly stupid girl (or all stupid girls around your age because they haven't got the background in real feminism yet) who misinterpreted what you were saying and stereotyping all feminists because of it. Again, I don't know any feminists who would make that claim.
That might just be it!!!:D

I don't think all women want to be LIKED the same. I think they just want to be RESPECTED the same. There are plenty of people who like masculine or androgynous women. There are plenty of people who don't like feminine women. Everyone can find someone that's attracted to their particular type of gender. I don't see this as a real problem what so ever.
Sweeeeet.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:29:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 8:17:58 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Did you put this big space thing here? It was there when I clicked the Reply+Quote button...

haha yeah I did - I was hoping it would show up when I posted but it didn't :/

Um... no feminist I know says that just because someone prefers a certain trait sexually (you liking feminine women) that they are saying "all women should be this way."
Oh. Well, thank god.
I think you're just mad at one particularly stupid girl (or all stupid girls around your age because they haven't got the background in real feminism yet) who misinterpreted what you were saying and stereotyping all feminists because of it. Again, I don't know any feminists who would make that claim.
That might just be it!!!:D


Probably is it :)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:46:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/16/2010 9:13:19 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 4/16/2010 8:55:45 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Also, men aren't as inhibited by gender schemas as women are so I'm not surprised you feel that way.

This is true. Since we've got you here, can you give us some examples as to how you've personally dealt with this?

Well I guess I can relate to Hillary Clinton lol. When she was running for the democratic candidacy, people were obsessed with her: what she wore and how she acted. What she had to say was put behind her, and they (society/media) only cared about whether she was acting too masculine or too feminine. For instance, there were asinine assertions such as a woman could not lead in time of war because they're too weak (uh, Cleopatra anyone? Queen Elizabeth I? I digress...) but then critics claimed she came off too aggressive and was too butch (I think we all remember the pant-suit jokes) which conservatives didn't like; social conservatives like gender roles. So then she shed a few tears at a rally - and she got reamed for being too emotional. In other words, she couldn't win.

Anyway that's not a personal experience, admittedly, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that many times (say, in school or with group projects) men didn't think that I would have anything substantial to contribute. When I took charge and showed that I DID and was in fact better than them most of the time, they apparently felt threatened or insecure, and either ostracized me (avoided me, ignored me or made me feel unwelcome) or considered me a b-tch. Any headstrong woman is a b-tch, right? Plenty of guys are just as passionate and forceful with their beliefs but a woman doing it makes her a b-tch. That's annoying.

Also, while this doesn't really pertain to the concept of gender schemas, I have to point out the fact that women on a daily basis are violated and oppressed in many ways that men aren't. For instance, if I'm walking by myself at night and I see a guy walking toward me, my first thought is "Omg am I going to get raped?" while I doubt you have that problem. Similarly, women "shouldn't walk alone at night" or need a guy there with her to protect her, right? This is what some call sexual terrorism (not to be confused with sexual terrorism i.e. sex trafficking in the Middle East and other parts of the world) because women are essentially conditioned to fear for their own safety and rightfully so at almost all times. A majority of women are sexually assaulted or made to feel extremely pressured and uncomfortable in sexual situations by men (again, which usually doesn't happen the other way around) and I have experienced both.

Women are also sexualized far more than men (sexualization is the making of a person, group or thing to be seen as or in a sexual in nature) which I have also experienced. Even subtle things like on DDO can point to this reality. Has a guy ever been told to show his tits or gtfo? No. And while you think it's "innocent" and maybe in these cases it was, that's not true most of the time. Sexualization takes a huge psychological toll and is usually 100% acceptable in society despite its sometimes detrimental effects.

But for more personal experience stories, how about when you walk down the street and a guy "cat calls" at you? It's awkward. It's uncomfortable. It's rude. It's disrespectful. If I'm walking down the streets of NY I'm bound to hear at least a few times, "Yo baby you lookin' good. What you up to? Where you goin? Can I come with you?" Many times they follow you and still talk to you either if you ignore them entirely or either politely/forcefully tell them you're not interested. If you're polite, they don't stop. If you're aggressive, they turn on you and start calling you a bunch of names and harass you in other ways. Again - there's just no winning. And these are just things girls deal with, expect, etc. far more than men. Women in every way on balance are oppressed, violated, disrespected and invaded far more than men. FAR more.

... and I bet Kleptin didn't read all this lol or is at least sorry he asked :P
President of DDO
Tamikajones
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 8:57:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
All women belong in the kitchen, making me ham sammiches.
: At 4/21/2010 5:49:24 PM, banker wrote:
: Mirza at least no one is misunderstanding santa...!!
:
:Hitler had sexual issues just like muhammud..!!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:03:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Rezz --

I'm not really sure how I can make it any more clear. You saying "I like my women to act like women" is implying that women should or are supposed to act a certain way (feminine). Saying "I like my women to be feminine" isn't sexist because there's nothing wrong with liking a feminine woman. But implying that femininity and women are synonymous is sexist because not all women are feminine (nor SHOULD they be, because it doesn't really matter what they are) just as not all men are masculine - either in regard to physicality or mentally/emotionally.
President of DDO
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:21:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 8:46:58 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Also, while this doesn't really pertain to the concept of gender schemas, I have to point out the fact that women on a daily basis are violated and oppressed in many ways that men aren't. For instance, if I'm walking by myself at night and I see a guy walking toward me, my first thought is "Omg am I going to get raped?" while I doubt you have that problem. Similarly, women "shouldn't walk alone at night" or need a guy there with her to protect her, right? This is what some call sexual terrorism (not to be confused with sexual terrorism i.e. sex trafficking in the Middle East and other parts of the world) because women are essentially conditioned to fear for their own safety and rightfully so at almost all times. A majority of women are sexually assaulted or made to feel extremely pressured and uncomfortable in sexual situations by men (again, which usually doesn't happen the other way around) and I have experienced both.


Which reminds me of this absolutely amazing scene in The L Word. The character Jenny is violated by her roommate Mark (who puts a camera in her bedroom). He is asking for her forgiveness and tells her that she has taught him how it feels like to be a "woman." I love what she has to say because it is so incredibly true for women. It's only 2 minutes long and worth the watch.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:29:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 9:21:31 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

The best part about this scene is that they don't show the guy's peen, right? The camera is either angled upwards or he's covering it. Yet even on a show like this which can be provocative, they have showed a woman's vagina very blatantly several times (bush and all) yet despite how progressive this show is, and the network it's on, they still could not bring themselves to show a full-frontal penis. This right here demonstrates the double standard quite well and emphasizes the realness of what Jenny's character was saying... which is unintentional genius.
President of DDO
Tamikajones
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:41:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lwerd, You're acting like Rezz cares.

Most women are feminine.

Most women by nature are supposed to be feminine.

The very definition of feminine means of or relating to a woman.

The word feminine directly comes from female.

I understand not all women are feminine, but for the survival of our race to occur: All women should be feminine as per nature.
: At 4/21/2010 5:49:24 PM, banker wrote:
: Mirza at least no one is misunderstanding santa...!!
:
:Hitler had sexual issues just like muhammud..!!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 9:45:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 9:41:52 AM, Tamikajones wrote:

I understand not all women are feminine, but for the survival of our race to occur: All women should be feminine as per nature.

Does not seem to make a lot of sense.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 10:44:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 9:41:52 AM, Tamikajones wrote:
Lwerd, You're acting like Rezz cares.

If he didn't care, he wouldn't have made this thread specifically asking about it... and then asking me to clarify about it. Just because you don't care doesn't mean h doesn't care (he clearly does) so can't you go troll another forum? Because I don't care that you don't care. I'm still going to post whatever I want and you're apparently taking it upon yourself to keep coming back to this thread.

Most women are feminine.

Irrelevant.

Most women by nature are supposed to be feminine.

Supposed to be feminine? Uh, no. You said yourself that the definition of feminine is "pertaining to women" therefore it makes absolutely no sense to say that women are supposed to pertain to women. Fail.

The very definition of feminine means of or relating to a woman.

... So? That has nothing to do with what he said.

The word feminine directly comes from female.

See above.

I understand not all women are feminine, but for the survival of our race to occur: All women should be feminine as per nature.

Once again, this doesn't make any sense. Feminine = pertaining to women. All women should pertain to women as per nature. Riiight. The fact is that you're simply not educated on this subject. Gender studies is a legitimate field of study just as history, economics, philosophy, etc. is. You clearly have no formal education on the matter so you're just making random assertions that don't pertain to this particular field. That would be like me making claims about engineering (a field I know nothing about).
President of DDO
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 10:51:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 9:29:15 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/17/2010 9:21:31 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:



The best part about this scene is that they don't show the guy's peen, right? The camera is either angled upwards or he's covering it. Yet even on a show like this which can be provocative, they have showed a woman's vagina very blatantly several times (bush and all) yet despite how progressive this show is, and the network it's on, they still could not bring themselves to show a full-frontal penis. This right here demonstrates the double standard quite well and emphasizes the realness of what Jenny's character was saying... which is unintentional genius.

So that's why they canceled it in the UK...
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2010 10:55:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/17/2010 10:51:37 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

So that's why they canceled it in the UK...

Haha the UK can't handle a few curse words? Anyway it was only on for 6 seasons. The show ended for errbody :(
President of DDO