NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 1:39:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/24/2014 1:25:52 PM, Cermank wrote:

Does anyone support this?

Well, I think I support most of the things that they support. That video is a little odd tho
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 3:37:41 PM
At 10/24/2014 1:39:30 PM, NiamC wrote:

Well, I think I support most of the things that they support. That video is a little odd tho

Teach boys not to rape and pay women 23% more than they already make?

Ok.
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 3:41:07 PM
At 10/24/2014 3:37:41 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Redspectre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2014 5:51:28 PM
The people who made those videos should be ashamed. Making kids speak a political agenda is nothing more than using propaganda to control the masses.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:03:51 PM

Well, i don't understand it tbh

Not only are the facts used in the video wrong- (the 1 in 4 is based on a study with a small sample size and the women men differential is not for the same job) but the swearing here was pointless. I dont have an issue with swearing, but it definitely isn't a 'positive', not something that should be celeberated.

And forcing these kids to swear while proclaiming their horror over dubious stats is a shock propoganda-ish campaign that doesn't really force anyone to think. Like i'm a feminist and i felt this was a poor representation of feminism, i couldn't really rally behind it.

it was very peeta-ish to me
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:14:38 PM
At 10/25/2014 3:03:51 PM, Cermank wrote:

Well, i don't understand it tbh

Not only are the facts used in the video wrong- (the 1 in 4 is based on a study with a small sample size and the women men differential is not for the same job) but the swearing here was pointless. I dont have an issue with swearing, but it definitely isn't a 'positive', not something that should be celeberated.

And forcing these kids to swear while proclaiming their horror over dubious stats is a shock propoganda-ish campaign that doesn't really force anyone to think. Like i'm a feminist and i felt this was a poor representation of feminism, i couldn't really rally behind it.

it was very peeta-ish to me

Hmmn, thats interesting. If im honest I disliked that video.
Don't get me wrong, im all for Gender equality, racial equality etc etc but what made me dislike that video was the fact those children, those girls had used such awful words.
I admire their attempt to convey a sense of feminism, but seriously... young girls swearing cus they are made to by an activism organisation. ..
I believe that nobody of that age should use such bad language. Its like those girls are being encouraged to swear... the video itself was very powerful indeed but I feel that it wasnt necessary for children to swear... mere propaganda. ..
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:35:21 PM
No. Whoever is indoctrinating these girls to be this ultra-feminist should be stripped of the allowance to be around kids.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:50:14 PM
Meh. This doesn't bother me. The word "fvck" is not offensive to me, and I don't think it should be offensive to anyone. I still don't say "fvck" around older members of my family, because they find it offensive, but I think society places entirely too much stigma on profanity.

That said, I can see how a lot of people would think that the method here is "exploitative." You've got little girls who are dressed up as princesses using some pretty coarse language; and people are going to have feelings about that.

This is, once again, the exact same kind of strategic misstep that most feminists make when they try to advance their points to society: they employ tactics that are only going to appeal to people who already agree with them.

It's not a great logical leap to see how someone who takes issue with the word "fvck" might also be ok with the status quo of women's place in society. This should surprise exactly no one, and it should therefore surprise no one when people who are ok with the status quo of women in society being what it is will then make arguments to the effect of "Well, look how absurd! Those crazy feminists are employing little girls! How disgraceful for them!"

And... that's exactly the kind of problem that feminists 'have' to avoid if they want to be taken seriously by people who don't already agree with them. For me... this is not really a big deal, but for people who aren't going to be receptive to the message anyway, they are also going to have an even bigger issue with the method, further blighting the message.
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:57:35 PM
At 10/25/2014 3:50:14 PM, YYW wrote:
Meh. This doesn't bother me. The word "fvck" is not offensive to me, and I don't think it should be offensive to anyone. I still don't say "fvck" around older members of my family, because they find it offensive, but I think society places entirely too much stigma on profanity.

That said, I can see how a lot of people would think that the method here is "exploitative." You've got little girls who are dressed up as princesses using some pretty coarse language; and people are going to have feelings about that.

This is, once again, the exact same kind of strategic misstep that most feminists make when they try to advance their points to society: they employ tactics that are only going to appeal to people who already agree with them.

It's not a great logical leap to see how someone who takes issue with the word "fvck" might also be ok with the status quo of women's place in society. This should surprise exactly no one, and it should therefore surprise no one when people who are ok with the status quo of women in society being what it is will then make arguments to the effect of "Well, look how absurd! Those crazy feminists are employing little girls! How disgraceful for them!"

And... that's exactly the kind of problem that feminists 'have' to avoid if they want to be taken seriously by people who don't already agree with them. For me... this is not really a big deal, but for people who aren't going to be receptive to the message anyway, they are also going to have an even bigger issue with the method, further blighting the message.

The Fool: Dude. They are raising children to hate men at such a young age. They are not old enough even thinking like that.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 3:59:15 PM
* They are not old enough even be thinking like that.

This kids will grow with an unshakable bias for the rest of their lives.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:02:23 PM
*They are not old enough [to] even be thinking like that. There not even old enough like
boys let alone hate boys. They are even referring to BOYS and not MEN. It's awful.

How do you think it feels to be a young boy in class where students are thinking that of you.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:02:55 PM
The Fool: Like you are guilty already.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:08:35 PM
Little Girls Comments on that thread: I don't want to be a tall, bulky, muscular, hairy man and I don't think men are superior for their biological traits, if anything it makes them jackasses.

I love being a woman, thank you. Being soft, feminine, nurturing, and beautiful is my thing. I don't appreciate feminists trying to drag me down to the same level as men.A279;

The Fool: Like WTF? This next generation of Gender is going to HATE each other.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:09:27 PM
What the hell did I just watch????????

But, it's the same tired BS.
Sexual assault, without defining it.
Pay, without clarifying it.
Pretty, without acknowledging their own sexist generalizations.
My work here is, finally, done.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:09:34 PM
The Fool: You don't think that is SAD.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:13:19 PM

I've never heard about fckh8 until now, and I have to say that this absolutely disgusts me. Firstly, the statistics used in this video, are completely incorrect, they have greately exaggerated the "oppression" that women face in a country such as the USA.
Also, they place all the blame for societal injustices on men. The phrase "teach men not to rape" bothers me because it implies that only "men" are rapists; that is simply untrue.

I'm not sure how I feel about the use of language in the video, it doesn't specifically bother me. I don't think it was necessary though, and it made me (and im sure other people) take this video less seriously. There are very viable reasons to discourage bad language, and I don't think I can support a video where they make 8-10 year old girls say "fvck"over and over.
What pisses me off is that the kids in this video are reading a script... talking about very serious political issues that they don't truely understand. No where in this video did they advocate for equality among genders. The message I got out of it was simply this "women are fvcking great and men are lil sh1ts who like to oppress"

I'm not an opponent of feminism. I think feminism is great, but this is too much. Perhaps if they talked about legitimate problems in countries *other* than the USA, gave reliable statistics, advocated for actual equality among the genders, and didnt blame men as a whole for all these problems, I could have taken this video more seriously.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:15:53 PM
At 10/25/2014 3:57:35 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Dude. They are raising children to hate men at such a young age. They are not old enough even thinking like that.

It is your claim, then, that those girls who were in that video, because they were in that video are "raised" to "hate men"?
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:20:22 PM
YYW: Meh. This doesn't bother me. The word "fvck" is not offensive to me, and I don't think it should be offensive to anyone. I still don't say "fvck" around older members of my family, because they find it offensive, but I think society places entirely too much stigma on profanity.

The Fool: The Status qou of woman in most western societies is not that bad. There comes a point in regards to equality where the smallest differences require more radical and extreme methods. Its like a diminishing returns.

We are at a point were Feminist need to create a demand, like Apple needed to create a demand for the original ipods when we already had MP3 Players. (because we didn't actually need it.)
They now have to sell Feminism, like selling market products.

And a part of that is selling FEAR to woman. They are intentionally making woman afraid of things they were not even afraid of. Woman in universities, one of the most safest places on earth are more afraid then woman in some third world countries where they are not that safe.

Against The Ideologist
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:27:26 PM
At 10/25/2014 4:15:53 PM, YYW wrote:

YYW: It is your claim, then, that those girls who were in that video, because they were in that video are "raised" to "hate men"?

The Fool: Hate for men is a side effect of feminism. If you are a girl and you are taught that men are responsible for all this problems in the world, all the time, and that you should fear the world because of men, especially at that age, you will over time grow to dislike and distrust men. It doesn't even need to be direct. But it is also often direct.

Children are all over Youtube and the video will appeal to them the MOST. You can see the generally younger age group even in the comments.

Against The Ideologist
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:29:42 PM
At 10/25/2014 4:27:26 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

YYW: It is your claim, then, that those girls who were in that video, because they were in that video are "raised" to "hate men"?

The Fool: Hate for men is a side effect of feminism.

No, it's not. There are some feminists who hate men, but not all feminists hate men. Postmodern feminists probably are the 'most likely' to hate men, but that is because of the ostentatiousness of postmodernism more than it is because of necessary consequences of feminism as an ideology.

If you are a girl and you are taught that men are responsible for all this problems in the world, all the time, and that you should fear the world because of men, especially at that age, you will over time grow to dislike and distrust men. It doesn't even need to be direct. But it is also often direct.

Sure, which would be a bad thing.

Children are all over Youtube and the video will appeal to them the MOST. You can see the generally younger age group even in the comments.

Against The Ideologist
Tsar of DDO
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:30:04 PM
At 10/25/2014 3:59:15 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
* They are not old enough even be thinking like that.

This kids will grow with an unshakable bias for the rest of their lives.

Sad, but probably true...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 4:44:38 PM
The Fool: Remember by being gay you mind not see it as directed at you as a man, while for me it generally appears directed at me as a man. Your not somebody who has to be worried to have a false rape claim. Or be in a situation, where being will fear you will sexually assault them. (unless they don't know)

So, there is a sense in which I guess I feel always on the defensive. But iv'e always been a pretty good guy. Never really gotten into any fights. No trouble with the law. I am generally polite. I have never hurt anybody. Never resorted to violence although I am pretty strong. I have good moral compass. I am compassionate even to my enemies, although I might now show it.

And so there is a sense in which its not fair, to always be sold as some violent Rapist who oppresses woman. But what's most frustrating, is that there is a sense in which, I can't even defend myself without being called a misogynist or as sexist. It's like either you accept what they claim about you or you a "hate woman". This has a major psychological impact on men and boys in general, especially on motivation and it most likely plays a significant role in male suicide. It Must. And to think that children are being indoctrinated to think that way even before they get a change to learn how to challenge assumptions. and think for themselves is just depressing.
<(86)

Against The Ideologist

I am honestly depressed after seeing that.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:06:09 PM
At 10/25/2014 4:29:42 PM, YYW wrote:

YYW:: No, it's not.

The Fool: It appears to me that you may have responded to fast. The Conclusion was first. And the Premises came after. Here I will reorder it.

P1. If you are a girl and you are taught that men are responsible for all this problems in the world, all the time, and that you should fear the world because of men, especially at that age, you will over time grow to dislike and distrust men.

P2. [Hate] doesn't even need to be direct.

P3. But [hate] is also often directly.

C1. Therefore Hate for men, is a side effect of feminism.

YYW: Postmodern feminists probably are the 'most likely' to hate men, but that is because of the ostentatiousness of postmodernism more than it is because of necessary consequences of feminism as an ideology.

The Fool: Feminist Theory is predominately Postmodern. So the Assumptions, influence and motives are the same.

YYW: Sure, which would be a bad thing.

The Fool: And that is exactly what has happened and what is happening, at early and early stages.

Against The Ideologist
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:09:52 PM
Hate Side Effect Argument Fix
The Fool: It appears to me that you may have responded to fast. The Conclusion was first. And the Premises came after. Here I will reorder it.

P1. If you are a girl and you are taught that men are responsible for all this problems in the world, all the time, and that you should fear the world because of men, especially at that age, you will over time grow to dislike and distrust men.

*P2. [Hate] doesn't even need to be [Taught] directly.

*P3. But [hate] is also often [Taught] directly.

QED
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:10:50 PM
Teach men not to rape... it's like a man is born a rapist and must learn better.

How about teach him what the law is so he doesn't learn to rape?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:12:22 PM
At 10/25/2014 5:06:09 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 10/25/2014 4:29:42 PM, YYW wrote:

Only if all feminism is postmodern, and feminism has the ability to act with volition all its own... neither of which are the case, so therefore you are mistaken. It is not that I responded too quickly; it is that you are evaluating feminism of all kinds on the basis of the peculiarities of a specific kind.

YYW: Postmodern feminists probably are the 'most likely' to hate men, but that is because of the ostentatiousness of postmodernism more than it is because of necessary consequences of feminism as an ideology.

The Fool: Feminist Theory is predominately Postmodern. So the Assumptions, influence and motives are the same.

'contemporary' feminist theory is predominately postmodern, sure; but feminism considerably predates the present, and even this postmodern age we find ourselves in.

YYW: Sure, which would be a bad thing.

The Fool: And that is exactly what has happened and what is happening, at early and early stages.

I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sure that if Andrea Dworkin had daughters, they would be indoctrinated to believe her nonsense... but I don't think this is a general problem in modern society because feminism's reach is fairly narrow.

Against The Ideologist
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:34:41 PM
Hate Side Effect Argument
Part 2

YYW: Only if all feminism is postmodern, and feminism has the ability to act with volition all its own... neither of which are the case, so therefore you are mistaken.

The Fool: If premise 1 or 3 Is true, then it follows what hate for men is at least a side effect of Feminism. But you haven't attacked any premises.

So the question is whether or not both 1 and 3 are FALSE or NOT?
<(89)

YYW: It is not that I responded too quickly;

The Fool: Thus "appears to me".

YYW: it is that you are evaluating feminism of all kinds on the basis of the peculiarities of a specific kind.

The Fool:
1. There is no way you could know that.
2. I am only asking you to evaluate the information in the Premises of my argument nothing more, nothing less.
3. My general take would be to summarize the different kinds. As in the following Repost.

E.G from http://www.debate.org...

RE: An association is not a definition, but simply a relation by shared attributes. Radical feminism, and feminism are part of the same Feminist movement, and both share the influence behind it. Therefore the direction of movement itself is going to steer somewhere between the two; Equality and misandry, but inevitably, towards misandry.

It is no secret that "radical feminists" generally consider all forms of heterosexual sex as rape. And "rape culture" is an old radical feminists notion that has become adopted by the mainstream.

E.g.
"The term rape culture was first used in th e 1970s by"second wave feminists, and was applied to contemporary American culture as a whole."

"The first published use of the term appears to have been in 1974 in Rape: The First Sourcebook for Women, edited by Noreen Connell and Cassandra Wilson for the New York ------->>Radical Feminists.<<<----"

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Radical feminism is now much more dissolved throughout mainstream feminism, they just don't identify themselves as radicals. But they are around, and very influential, as more and more Radical feminist theories are being absorbed and adopted into the mainstream over time. None of which are wholly new, but are just being put to use..
http://i.imgur.com...

Against The Ideologist
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:35:30 PM
*The Fool: If premise 1 or 3 Is true, then it follows [that] hate for men is at least a side effect of Feminism. But you haven't attacked any premises.