Jump to topic:

Does anyone actually like children

paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 5:41:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am probably the worlds biggest lover of animals, however I find children to inherently abhorrent.

I believe that whilst your average dog is born lovely, your average child is just selfish and horrible. Of course, good parenting makes a huge difference, but left to their own devises children really are disgusting animals. Every time I see one I can't help but growl, and my son has promised never to make me a grandfather. Your probably thinking, why has this man got a son if he hates kids. Well it was a compromise, as my wife wanted childreN, and I didn't.

When I travel to the continent they all appear to be so much better behaved, whereas in the UK most of them are screaming little brats. Like the UK the US is a wealthy country, and it would appear that with wealth comes horrible children. My wife did a great job of bringing up our son, as he has never been any trouble, and now has his own successful business. That said, for some strange reason he has grown up a liberal, and I did my best to make him bigot.

I have little doubt that some of you may like children, and I don't think that makes you a bad person. Apart from the fact they are your own flesh and blood though, why exactly do you like them ?
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 1:32:09 PM
At 10/25/2014 5:41:12 AM, paininthenuts wrote:
I am probably the worlds biggest lover of animals, however I find children to inherently abhorrent.

I believe that whilst your average dog is born lovely, your average child is just selfish and horrible. Of course, good parenting makes a huge difference, but left to their own devises children really are disgusting animals. Every time I see one I can't help but growl, and my son has promised never to make me a grandfather. Your probably thinking, why has this man got a son if he hates kids. Well it was a compromise, as my wife wanted childreN, and I didn't.

When I travel to the continent they all appear to be so much better behaved, whereas in the UK most of them are screaming little brats. Like the UK the US is a wealthy country, and it would appear that with wealth comes horrible children. My wife did a great job of bringing up our son, as he has never been any trouble, and now has his own successful business. That said, for some strange reason he has grown up a liberal, and I did my best to make him bigot.

I have little doubt that some of you may like children, and I don't think that makes you a bad person. Apart from the fact they are your own flesh and blood though, why exactly do you like them ?

May be because your childhood was horrible without parents? You spent most of your life with animals. And you don't want to remember your days in other babies? Can be a Psychological problem, though love of child or kids is Natural one.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 2:23:26 PM
The Fool: Dazz and Fazz
<(8D)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 2:23:43 PM
The Fool: Are you guys related?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2014 2:27:22 PM
The Fool: Dat nigga Dazz
<(XD)
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 12:26:26 PM
At 10/25/2014 1:32:09 PM, Dazz wrote:

May be because your childhood was horrible without parents? You spent most of your life with animals. And you don't want to remember your days in other babies? Can be a Psychological problem, though love of child or kids is Natural one.

I had very good parents and a relatively happy childhood. When is a child ever interested in doing something that may please anyone but it's self, never. They are horrible, noisy, dirty (if they get a chance), selfish, and unlike other animals, ugly when born
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 1:46:42 PM
At 10/26/2014 12:26:26 PM, paininthenuts wrote:

I had very good parents and a relatively happy childhood. When is a child ever interested in doing something that may please anyone but it's self, never. They are horrible, noisy, dirty (if they get a chance), selfish, and unlike other animals, ugly when born

This is a perfect example of what they call window bias. You grew up seeing a very narrow selection of children, and either came to this conclusion yourself or had it taught to you. You then began to observe the world around you with this outlook, suffering from confirmation bias.

No, not all kids are selfish and greedy. I would dare say that the vast majority are sweet and lovely. You simply have not been exposed to this because you go out of your way to limit your interaction with children, and whenever you see behavior contradictory to your conclusion your confirmation bias twists it into something else.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2014 4:35:04 PM
I really, really want kids (multiple kids) when I settle down. They aren't, admittedly, always fun to have around, but the benefits far outweigh the costs.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 2:17:49 AM
At 10/26/2014 12:26:26 PM, paininthenuts wrote:

So then kids teach you inclusively not to be selfish because it's their part play. Basically kids represent and make us feel the difference of our maturity that we've gained, it keeps us warned about what's our role must be when we've not to act like a baby.

Further it's not in their capacity to be compatible with the social beauty and behavior. So we can't expect them to be cute all the time. If we'd keep hating them for the case where they don't posses required sense, it would be like injecting more hate in them, psychologically.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 3:40:37 AM
At 10/26/2014 4:35:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I really, really want kids (multiple kids) when I settle down. They aren't, admittedly, always fun to have around, but the benefits far outweigh the costs.

Your latter sentence implies that you desire children to benefit yourself. What benefits can you derive from children?
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 10:03:37 AM
At 10/27/2014 3:40:37 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 10/26/2014 4:35:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Your latter sentence implies that you desire children to benefit yourself. What benefits can you derive from children?

Happiness.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 1:21:45 PM
Interesting to see that the site is full of amateur psychologists. I am 57 and have seen many children in the time I have spent on this planet. Of course, a few of them have been quite well behaved, but the majority have been vile.

It is my belief that the reason women want kids is because of their hormones. Nature designed women to want children, otherwise the specie would die out. Men are a different issue. Society tries to portray men like women, only with testicles, but they aren't. A man's longing to have a child is no different than his longing to own Rolls Royce or a Mustang. It's something he desires, and that's it. I have a child from a woman I once slept with, who duped me into believing she was sterile. Whilst it cost me a fortune, I have never seen it, and have no wish to. My point is that whilst a well brought up child can be a pleasure, by default (and unlike a dog) they horrible.

Anyway, nobody as yet has told me why they actually like children, and what is nice about them ?
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 1:31:05 PM
At 10/27/2014 1:22:21 PM, paininthenuts wrote:
But I bet you couldn't eat a whole one !!

Yeah, some of them,..

Rung by Rung:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com...

Tastes like suckling pig:
http://amomentintime.deviantart.com...

Twins(not for eating)!:
http://theheatherchronicles.files.wordpress.com...
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 1:38:43 PM
At 10/27/2014 1:31:05 PM, fazz wrote:

Yeah, some of them,..

Rung by Rung:

Twins(not for eating)!:

Surely, even you can see the puppy is gorgeous, yet the fat baby looks disgusting
fazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 1:40:23 PM
At 10/27/2014 1:38:43 PM, paininthenuts wrote:
At 10/27/2014 1:31:05 PM, fazz wrote:

Yeah, some of them,..

Rung by Rung:

Twins(not for eating)!:

Surely, even you can see the puppy is gorgeous,

..their TWINS!

yet the fat baby looks disgusting

If i had to EAT one i wud eat the baby, rung by rung..
Material_Girl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 6:05:32 PM
No one is anything by default. And what you find vile, another person doesn't. It's a matter of taste, which is subjective.

Having said that, I don't generally like children either. I'm terrible with anyone more than two years younger than me (I'm 13) and I have XX chromosomes.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2014 10:43:28 PM
I don't like most children, mostly because they're so hard to be around. I can't have an intelligent conversation, and they're most likely doing something stupid, so the end result is usually uncomfortableness. Of course, I often have trouble with people my own age and older, so I guess that's not saying much.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
GalenHR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2014 8:46:00 PM
I think people have a biological imperative to care for the youngest children (infants) because they're both defenseless, and still currently the only hope for continuation of the species. As children age into adults, it becomes more natural to detest them for lack of certain desirable characteristics (the same ones we demand of adults in order to accept them into society). These characteristics include social competency, work ethic, altruism, rapid skill acquisition (practicality), intelligence, and capacity to reconcile moral and objective arguments into coherent rules (respect). This increased judgement of individuals as they age grows out of an evolved drive to protect the species' continued favorable evolution via future reproductive exclusion. In other words, we naturally have no problem leaving a worthless brat to die. We know they have nothing substantial to offer us and our kin, either economically, or in the form of future productive offspring. I personally don't have a problem with most children, being cool, cute, and interesting in their underdeveloped perspective on life. It's just the particularly worthless ones described above that are bothersome. Though I'm definitely NOT suggesting eugenics, the world would be far better off without them.
SebUK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2014 2:42:49 PM

I don't like kids, Too annoying and they seem to think your property is also theirs.
I WILL DECIDE WHAT THIS DEBATE IS ABOUT. I AM SPIRITUAL, NOT RELIGIOYUS. YOU DONT HAVE TO BE RELIGIOUS TO BELIEVE IN GOD, AND YOU DO WORSHIP MONEY IF YOU CARE MORE ABOUT YOUR WALLET THAAN YOU DO THE POOR. YOU ARE A TROLL THAT IS OUT FOR ATTENTUION."- SitaraMusica
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 1:55:16 PM
If I were to say I liked a child, that would indicate some sort of friendship between the 2 of us. Or atleast a potential friendship. Friendship are usually built upon common similarities 2 individuals may share. I personally don't knw what id have in common with a child. And if you dnt find kids likeable you probably dont either. If kids were more like adults you probably would like them more. Besides u don't need to like your son or be his friend. U jus got to be his dad