Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Lazy Argument

innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 1:45:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Because i am a conservative, and am very sympathetic to the Tea Party movement, i have been called a redneck and a rascist. Now ordinarily, anyone who knows me would never in a million years call me either. I will not go into some obvious details, but not your usual redneck type (kripesI live in Boston!).

Engage me in a discussion i will use logic, reason, and experience (peppered with a little passion) to explain my position(s). To call someone a rascist in this haphazard fashion is lazy and cheap. It speaks more to those casting the label, than those receiving the label.

Those who are so quick to call someone a rascist because of a belief is simply stereotyping with a perjorative. It is an effective way of dividing a people, and Joe McCarthy would be proud.
cutebunny43
Posts: 296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:03:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:02:41 PM, innomen wrote:
Polluter maybe.

do you think black people can drink tea? No, thus dumping it into the ocean in front of their face is racist to poor black people who can't afford tea.
Mafia for Beginners Signup Now

http://www.debate.org...
cutebunny43
Posts: 296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.
Mafia for Beginners Signup Now

http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:11:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.

You don't even know who i am. Most who are on the left don't understand truly what they believe in.
cutebunny43
Posts: 296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:12:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:11:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.

You don't even know who i am. Most who are on the left don't understand truly what they believe in.

I'm not on the left. I'm a libertarian. furthermore I do know who you are.
Mafia for Beginners Signup Now

http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:15:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:12:22 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:

I'm not on the left. I'm a libertarian. furthermore I do know who you are.

Yes, well, i've been a libertarian for a long time, and i never said you were on the left, i said those who are on the left don't have a clue. Of course you don't know me, because if you did you wouldn't be taking this stance with me.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:19:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:16:05 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
Brandon Sergent is a 30 year old guy from Ashland, Kentucky, USA

http://cdn.stumble-upon.com...

http://underlore.com...

http://picasaweb.google.com...#

Yeah, Dennis Sullivan is a 46 year old guy from Lexington Massachusetts. You're funny when you're drunk.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:22:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:20:33 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
You are a middle aged man who lives alone with your cat.

I'm a middle aged man who lives with his Latino partner.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:22:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:11:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.

You don't even know who i am. Most who are on the left don't understand truly what they believe in.

False. I was once a conservative - a time in which I didn't create my own ideas or perspectives, but rather, simply used religion or "moral" beliefs to dictate my politics. I do prefer conservative economics, but I rather enjoy liberal social policy compared to that of conservatives. Like many conservatives, you are quick to accuse the left, when in reality, you are only showing your own lack of rationale.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:23:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:22:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:20:33 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
You are a middle aged man who lives alone with your cat.

I'm a middle aged man who lives with his Latino partner.

Do you attend mass with him?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:25:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:23:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:22:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:20:33 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
You are a middle aged man who lives alone with your cat.

I'm a middle aged man who lives with his Latino partner.

Do you attend mass with him?

I attend mass, he doesn't. I have a lack of rationale?
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:28:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:25:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:23:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:22:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:20:33 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
You are a middle aged man who lives alone with your cat.

I'm a middle aged man who lives with his Latino partner.

Do you attend mass with him?

I attend mass, he doesn't. I have a lack of rationale?

Not you. I have had experiences with fellow peers at my Catholic high school (who are usually very conservative) and they are not very logical. I do not know you; thus, I cannot conclude that you are either rational or irrational.

I'm glad that you don't let anti-gay Catholics hold you back. (No sarcasm, really)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:31:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:28:08 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:25:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:23:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:22:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:20:33 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
You are a middle aged man who lives alone with your cat.

I'm a middle aged man who lives with his Latino partner.

Do you attend mass with him?

I attend mass, he doesn't. I have a lack of rationale?

Not you. I have had experiences with fellow peers at my Catholic high school (who are usually very conservative) and they are not very logical. I do not know you; thus, I cannot conclude that you are either rational or irrational.

I'm glad that you don't let anti-gay Catholics hold you back. (No sarcasm, really)

My faith is a relationship between me and God no one else, my religion provides some structure - just that simple.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:36:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:31:54 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:28:08 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:25:57 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:23:21 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:22:00 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:20:33 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
You are a middle aged man who lives alone with your cat.

I'm a middle aged man who lives with his Latino partner.

Do you attend mass with him?

I attend mass, he doesn't. I have a lack of rationale?

Not you. I have had experiences with fellow peers at my Catholic high school (who are usually very conservative) and they are not very logical. I do not know you; thus, I cannot conclude that you are either rational or irrational.

I'm glad that you don't let anti-gay Catholics hold you back. (No sarcasm, really)

My faith is a relationship between me and God no one else, my religion provides some structure - just that simple.

I understand that philosophy, believe me.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 2:41:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:22:32 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:11:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.

You don't even know who i am. Most who are on the left don't understand truly what they believe in.

False. I was once a conservative - a time in which I didn't create my own ideas or perspectives, but rather, simply used religion or "moral" beliefs to dictate my politics.

Moral beliefs are not a bad thing to have as a guide in politics. The alternative is pretty awful. It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:03:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 2:41:59 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:22:32 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:11:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.

You don't even know who i am. Most who are on the left don't understand truly what they believe in.

False. I was once a conservative - a time in which I didn't create my own ideas or perspectives, but rather, simply used religion or "moral" beliefs to dictate my politics.

Moral beliefs are not a bad thing to have as a guide in politics. The alternative is pretty awful. It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you.

"Moral beliefs are not a bad thing to have as a guide in politics."
Agreed. However, they should not be the only thing that guides you. (Moral Majority)

"The alternative is pretty awful."
Explain.

"It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you."
Morality is relative. Beliefs are relative. Thus, relativity guides you.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:05:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 3:03:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

"It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you."
Morality is relative. Beliefs are relative. Thus, relativity guides you.

Morality isn't relative therefore you're wrong.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:06:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 3:03:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:41:59 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:22:32 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:11:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:08:32 PM, cutebunny43 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 2:05:11 PM, innomen wrote:
You're bored.

you don't even know what the teaparty movement is all about.

You don't even know who i am. Most who are on the left don't understand truly what they believe in.

False. I was once a conservative - a time in which I didn't create my own ideas or perspectives, but rather, simply used religion or "moral" beliefs to dictate my politics.

Moral beliefs are not a bad thing to have as a guide in politics. The alternative is pretty awful. It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you.

"Moral beliefs are not a bad thing to have as a guide in politics."
Agreed. However, they should not be the only thing that guides you. (Moral Majority)
What else would you suggest?

"The alternative is pretty awful."
Explain.

When immorality, or selfinterest is your guide in matters political.

"It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you."
Morality is relative. Beliefs are relative. Thus, relativity guides you.
Morality is not relative, people aren't always good at seeing the greater good.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:07:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 3:05:44 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/25/2010 3:03:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

"It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you."
Morality is relative. Beliefs are relative. Thus, relativity guides you.

Morality isn't relative therefore you're wrong.

I was waiting for you to come in ;)

You only believe that morality is not relative. It is your perception. You cannot possibly verify that morality is not relative when we perceive virtually everything on a relative level.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:11:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 3:07:50 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 3:05:44 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/25/2010 3:03:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

"It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you."
Morality is relative. Beliefs are relative. Thus, relativity guides you.

Morality isn't relative therefore you're wrong.

I was waiting for you to come in ;)

You only believe that morality is not relative. It is your perception. You cannot possibly verify that morality is not relative when we perceive virtually everything on a relative level.

Stop with the solipsism already. If you wanna be a solipsist, you must abandoned Christianity, a religion based on objective claims.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:11:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 3:07:50 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 4/25/2010 3:05:44 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/25/2010 3:03:34 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

"It's best when your beliefs are moral, and they guide you."
Morality is relative. Beliefs are relative. Thus, relativity guides you.

Morality isn't relative therefore you're wrong.

I was waiting for you to come in ;)

You only believe that morality is not relative. It is your perception. You cannot possibly verify that morality is not relative when we perceive virtually everything on a relative level.

Define perceive.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2010 3:17:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/25/2010 1:45:43 PM, innomen wrote:
Because i am a conservative, and am very sympathetic to the Tea Party movement, i have been called a redneck and a rascist. Now ordinarily, anyone who knows me would never in a million years call me either. I will not go into some obvious details, but not your usual redneck type (kripesI live in Boston!).

Engage me in a discussion i will use logic, reason, and experience (peppered with a little passion) to explain my position(s). To call someone a rascist in this haphazard fashion is lazy and cheap. It speaks more to those casting the label, than those receiving the label.

Those who are so quick to call someone a rascist because of a belief is simply stereotyping with a perjorative. It is an effective way of dividing a people, and Joe McCarthy would be proud.

The Tea Party doesn't really say much. They just scream about Socialism all the time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat