Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Has Extremists ruined the image of Feminism?

why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.

I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2014 7:35:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
While I somewhat agree with both if you, I still am aimed towards extremists being worse than the liberals. Liberals are semi extremists in my view, and that's better than being the full thing. Extremists set the stereotypes.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.

Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?
But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 2:41:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.

Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?
But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy

That fact actually supprises me. Can you show me one of those videos?
jimtimmy4
Posts: 321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 3:44:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.

No. Radical feminism has long claimed to be supportive of low status folks. In reality, that's just a thin veil for hate directed at low status men.

Of course, gender isn't a social construct. So, that's just feminists being wrong.


Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?

The entire western world.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy

BS. First off. Socialism, along with multiculturalism, has done more to hurt low status people than any other ideology around.

And, you can say you want gender equality all you want. Fact is that gender is a biological reality and women are already, at least, equal.
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:20:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 5:00:49 PM, Publicaccount wrote:
The entire western world.

This was honestly funny. Men and women do not have equal rights.

I agree. I was sitting on my bed laughing my arse off reading "women aren't opressed, and if they are men are opressed as much or more" and "women and men have equal rights!" If so, how come girls in the mid east can't go to school in most cases? How come women in the U.S are payed 23% less than men for the same job. I do not like that video because it exploits children.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:38:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 2:41:35 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.

Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?
But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy

That fact actually supprises me. Can you show me one of those videos?

What, explaining what the radfem movement stands for? I'm not sure if that exists. We're a teeny movement and the vast majority of feminists today are liberals.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 5:58:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 3:44:35 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.


No. Radical feminism has long claimed to be supportive of low status folks. In reality, that's just a thin veil for hate directed at low status men.

How do you anti-feminists always manage to sound like conspiracy theorists? Like, what's your secret?

I'd like to see where a radical feminist theorist or prominent activist has explicitly said that they hate men, in particular low status men.

Of course, gender isn't a social construct. So, that's just feminists being wrong.

Gender as in the fact that men and women have different genital organs and women can give birth and men can't, but gender roles are. Where is it scientifically proven, for instance, that girls have a natural tendency to like pink?



Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?



The entire western world.


Sure. And politicians never lie, and people get paid what they're worth, and black people and white people are equally as likely to be arrested, and tofu falls out of the sky.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy


BS. First off. Socialism, along with multiculturalism, has done more to hurt low status people than any other ideology around.

Socialism has never existed, and the members of the working class who got close were pretty darn happy. The Paris Commune, Free Territories, Anarchist Catalonia and USSR before the Bolsheviks seized all power were all great places to be a "commoner." How does something like the spread, combination and coexistence of different cultures affect the working class's situation at all? That sounds incredibly idealistic.

And, you can say you want gender equality all you want. Fact is that gender is a biological reality and women are already, at least, equal.

That's the same argument proponents of eugenics, the Indian caste system and apartheid use. And it is absolutely delusional to claim that there is gender equality. However it is equally delusional to claim, as libfems do, that this can be achieved without radical change and without the abolition of intransient hierarchy.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2014 8:59:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Extremists ruin everything
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 12:56:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 5:38:17 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 2:41:35 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.

Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?
But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy

That fact actually supprises me. Can you show me one of those videos?

What, explaining what the radfem movement stands for? I'm not sure if that exists. We're a teeny movement and the vast majority of feminists today are liberals.
I mean, street harassment videos. Because I've never heard of a single one of those.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 1:03:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 8:59:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
Extremists ruin everything

Y'all are so meeean to us! :'(
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 2:36:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 5:20:55 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:00:49 PM, Publicaccount wrote:
The entire western world.

This was honestly funny. Men and women do not have equal rights.

I agree. I was sitting on my bed laughing my arse off reading "women aren't opressed, and if they are men are opressed as much or more" and "women and men have equal rights!" If so, how come girls in the mid east can't go to school in most cases? How come women in the U.S are payed 23% less than men for the same job. I do not like that video because it exploits children.

Do you understand why, "women are paid 23% less than men for the same job." as you state? They are not paid for the same job they are paid for the work done. Women work less then men. The wage gap, as posited from feminists, is verifiably false.
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 2:38:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 2:36:24 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:20:55 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:00:49 PM, Publicaccount wrote:
The entire western world.

This was honestly funny. Men and women do not have equal rights.

I agree. I was sitting on my bed laughing my arse off reading "women aren't opressed, and if they are men are opressed as much or more" and "women and men have equal rights!" If so, how come girls in the mid east can't go to school in most cases? How come women in the U.S are payed 23% less than men for the same job. I do not like that video because it exploits children.

Do you understand why, "women are paid 23% less than men for the same job." as you state? They are not paid for the same job they are paid for the work done. Women work less then men. The wage gap, as posited from feminists, is verifiably false.

Do you have evidence of this false claim?
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 2:44:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/7/2014 5:58:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:44:35 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.


No. Radical feminism has long claimed to be supportive of low status folks. In reality, that's just a thin veil for hate directed at low status men.

How do you anti-feminists always manage to sound like conspiracy theorists? Like, what's your secret?

I'd like to see where a radical feminist theorist or prominent activist has explicitly said that they hate men, in particular low status men.


Of course, gender isn't a social construct. So, that's just feminists being wrong.

Gender as in the fact that men and women have different genital organs and women can give birth and men can't, but gender roles are. Where is it scientifically proven, for instance, that girls have a natural tendency to like pink?



Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?



The entire western world.


Sure. And politicians never lie, and people get paid what they're worth, and black people and white people are equally as likely to be arrested, and tofu falls out of the sky.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy


BS. First off. Socialism, along with multiculturalism, has done more to hurt low status people than any other ideology around.

Socialism has never existed, and the members of the working class who got close were pretty darn happy. The Paris Commune, Free Territories, Anarchist Catalonia and USSR before the Bolsheviks seized all power were all great places to be a "commoner." How does something like the spread, combination and coexistence of different cultures affect the working class's situation at all? That sounds incredibly idealistic.

And, you can say you want gender equality all you want. Fact is that gender is a biological reality and women are already, at least, equal.

That's the same argument proponents of eugenics, the Indian caste system and apartheid use. And it is absolutely delusional to claim that there is gender equality. However it is equally delusional to claim, as libfems do, that this can be achieved without radical change and without the abolition of intransient hierarchy.

Biological differences are extant amongst women and men, which if examined can explain why men, on the average, tend to be more aggressive and work more, and women, on the average, tend to be more passive and work less. If you advocate equal rights, as you label yourself a feminists, then responsibilities, such as the military draft, should be compulsory for women as well. Why does feminism neglect mens issues? Why are statistics ubiquitously displayed to highlight women's issues when men face issues as well? You understand contemporary feminism is largely propaganda based, contains biased perspectives, and feminism mainly perpetuates spurious information devoid of critical thinking.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 2:45:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 2:38:30 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:36:24 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:20:55 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:00:49 PM, Publicaccount wrote:
The entire western world.

This was honestly funny. Men and women do not have equal rights.

I agree. I was sitting on my bed laughing my arse off reading "women aren't opressed, and if they are men are opressed as much or more" and "women and men have equal rights!" If so, how come girls in the mid east can't go to school in most cases? How come women in the U.S are payed 23% less than men for the same job. I do not like that video because it exploits children.

Do you understand why, "women are paid 23% less than men for the same job." as you state? They are not paid for the same job they are paid for the work done. Women work less then men. The wage gap, as posited from feminists, is verifiably false.

Do you have evidence of this false claim?

You posited the claim, hence the burden to supply the evidence is your responsibility.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,074
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 2:49:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

DEATH TO MALES! DEATH TO MALES!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 3:18:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 2:49:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

DEATH TO MALES! DEATH TO MALES!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 3:28:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 2:45:47 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:38:30 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:36:24 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:20:55 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:00:49 PM, Publicaccount wrote:
The entire western world.

This was honestly funny. Men and women do not have equal rights.

I agree. I was sitting on my bed laughing my arse off reading "women aren't opressed, and if they are men are opressed as much or more" and "women and men have equal rights!" If so, how come girls in the mid east can't go to school in most cases? How come women in the U.S are payed 23% less than men for the same job. I do not like that video because it exploits children.

Do you understand why, "women are paid 23% less than men for the same job." as you state? They are not paid for the same job they are paid for the work done. Women work less then men. The wage gap, as posited from feminists, is verifiably false.

Do you have evidence of this false claim?

You posited the claim, hence the burden to supply the evidence is your responsibility.

Women and a man working in the same job will work the same days the same hours each day and be doing the same thing, why shouldn't they be payed the same?
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 3:33:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 1:03:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 8:59:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
Extremists ruin everything

Y'all are so meeean to us! :'(

Why shouldn't we be? You are an extremist. Extremist's are irrational, ignorant, tyrannical, overbearing , rude, violent, criminal people who will do anything to justify an end to a means. What's to like?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 4:34:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 3:28:30 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:45:47 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:38:30 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:36:24 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:20:55 PM, why_why wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:00:49 PM, Publicaccount wrote:
The entire western world.

This was honestly funny. Men and women do not have equal rights.

I agree. I was sitting on my bed laughing my arse off reading "women aren't opressed, and if they are men are opressed as much or more" and "women and men have equal rights!" If so, how come girls in the mid east can't go to school in most cases? How come women in the U.S are payed 23% less than men for the same job. I do not like that video because it exploits children.

Do you understand why, "women are paid 23% less than men for the same job." as you state? They are not paid for the same job they are paid for the work done. Women work less then men. The wage gap, as posited from feminists, is verifiably false.

Do you have evidence of this false claim?

You posited the claim, hence the burden to supply the evidence is your responsibility.

Women and a man working in the same job will work the same days the same hours each day and be doing the same thing, why shouldn't they be payed the same?

I fail to observe any mentioning of why anyone should receive unequal pay.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:51:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 2:44:26 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:58:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:44:35 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.


No. Radical feminism has long claimed to be supportive of low status folks. In reality, that's just a thin veil for hate directed at low status men.

How do you anti-feminists always manage to sound like conspiracy theorists? Like, what's your secret?

I'd like to see where a radical feminist theorist or prominent activist has explicitly said that they hate men, in particular low status men.


Of course, gender isn't a social construct. So, that's just feminists being wrong.

Gender as in the fact that men and women have different genital organs and women can give birth and men can't, but gender roles are. Where is it scientifically proven, for instance, that girls have a natural tendency to like pink?



Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?



The entire western world.


Sure. And politicians never lie, and people get paid what they're worth, and black people and white people are equally as likely to be arrested, and tofu falls out of the sky.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy


BS. First off. Socialism, along with multiculturalism, has done more to hurt low status people than any other ideology around.

Socialism has never existed, and the members of the working class who got close were pretty darn happy. The Paris Commune, Free Territories, Anarchist Catalonia and USSR before the Bolsheviks seized all power were all great places to be a "commoner." How does something like the spread, combination and coexistence of different cultures affect the working class's situation at all? That sounds incredibly idealistic.

And, you can say you want gender equality all you want. Fact is that gender is a biological reality and women are already, at least, equal.

That's the same argument proponents of eugenics, the Indian caste system and apartheid use. And it is absolutely delusional to claim that there is gender equality. However it is equally delusional to claim, as libfems do, that this can be achieved without radical change and without the abolition of intransient hierarchy.

Biological differences are extant amongst women and men, which if examined can explain why men, on the average, tend to be more aggressive and work more, and women, on the average, tend to be more passive and work less.

Interestingly, these supposed biological differences only emerged with the emergence of property and surplus. Before an idle class and private property arose (i.e. during primitive communism) men and women shared all labour and actually, agriculturists were primarily women. But since pregnancy often makes a woman fragile and caring for the foetus and subsequent baby takes up a lot of time, men were the ones who went out hunting. This allowed them to develop aggression and ability to "capture," which proved useful when they then claimed women, land and resources as their private property.

If you advocate equal rights, as you label yourself a feminists, then responsibilities, such as the military draft, should be compulsory for women as well.

It should. If it even exists in a revolutionary society.

Why does feminism neglect mens issues? Why are statistics ubiquitously displayed to highlight women's issues when men face issues as well? You understand contemporary feminism is largely propaganda based, contains biased perspectives, and feminism mainly perpetuates spurious information devoid of critical thinking.

Because men are not oppressed as a gender. Ethnic minority men are oppressed, LGBTQPA men are oppressed, men who are not able-bodied are oppressed, but none of this oppression is on account of gender.
I'd say radfem is pretty free of all this bias and intellectual dishonesty, but the bulk of the feminist movement isn't. However, there are very few things today that are not biased and intellectually dishonest
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:52:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 2:49:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

DEATH TO MALES! DEATH TO MALES!

Please don't say that. That's exactly what anti-feminists think we advocate.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
Material_Girl
Posts: 264
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:56:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 3:33:20 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/8/2014 1:03:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 8:59:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
Extremists ruin everything

Y'all are so meeean to us! :'(

Why shouldn't we be? You are an extremist. Extremist's are irrational, ignorant, tyrannical, overbearing , rude, violent, criminal people who will do anything to justify an end to a means. What's to like?

Whoa, whoa. These are massive generalisations. Some extremists obviously are all this, but I don't see how extremism necessitates this. And although there are plenty of radical feminists and plenty of Marxists who have the characteristics you described (and they annoy us within the movements, too) the movements themselves, I'd say, do not.
http://commissaress.wordpress.com...

Political Compass
Economic Left: -10.00
Social Libertarian: -7.13

Yes, I am an evil godless commie.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 5:59:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 5:51:05 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:44:26 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:58:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:44:35 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marriage and arranged marriage, give girls an education, etc. Some feminists have taken out top the next level to get it. Sometimes it's good, if someone's so devoted to that cause it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.


No. Radical feminism has long claimed to be supportive of low status folks. In reality, that's just a thin veil for hate directed at low status men.

How do you anti-feminists always manage to sound like conspiracy theorists? Like, what's your secret?

I'd like to see where a radical feminist theorist or prominent activist has explicitly said that they hate men, in particular low status men.


Of course, gender isn't a social construct. So, that's just feminists being wrong.

Gender as in the fact that men and women have different genital organs and women can give birth and men can't, but gender roles are. Where is it scientifically proven, for instance, that girls have a natural tendency to like pink?



Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?



The entire western world.


Sure. And politicians never lie, and people get paid what they're worth, and black people and white people are equally as likely to be arrested, and tofu falls out of the sky.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy


BS. First off. Socialism, along with multiculturalism, has done more to hurt low status people than any other ideology around.

Socialism has never existed, and the members of the working class who got close were pretty darn happy. The Paris Commune, Free Territories, Anarchist Catalonia and USSR before the Bolsheviks seized all power were all great places to be a "commoner." How does something like the spread, combination and coexistence of different cultures affect the working class's situation at all? That sounds incredibly idealistic.

And, you can say you want gender equality all you want. Fact is that gender is a biological reality and women are already, at least, equal.

That's the same argument proponents of eugenics, the Indian caste system and apartheid use. And it is absolutely delusional to claim that there is gender equality. However it is equally delusional to claim, as libfems do, that this can be achieved without radical change and without the abolition of intransient hierarchy.

Biological differences are extant amongst women and men, which if examined can explain why men, on the average, tend to be more aggressive and work more, and women, on the average, tend to be more passive and work less.

Interestingly, these supposed biological differences only emerged with the emergence of property and surplus. Before an idle class and private property arose (i.e. during primitive communism) men and women shared all labour and actually, agriculturists were primarily women. But since pregnancy often makes a woman fragile and caring for the foetus and subsequent baby takes up a lot of time, men were the ones who went out hunting. This allowed them to develop aggression and ability to "capture," which proved useful when they then claimed women, land and resources as their private property.

If you advocate equal rights, as you label yourself a feminists, then responsibilities, such as the military draft, should be compulsory for women as well.

It should. If it even exists in a revolutionary society.

Why does feminism neglect mens issues? Why are statistics ubiquitously displayed to highlight women's issues when men face issues as well? You understand contemporary feminism is largely propaganda based, contains biased perspectives, and feminism mainly perpetuates spurious information devoid of critical thinking.

Because men are not oppressed as a gender. Ethnic minority men are oppressed, LGBTQPA men are oppressed, men who are not able-bodied are oppressed, but none of this oppression is on account of gender.
I'd say radfem is pretty free of all this bias and intellectual dishonesty, but the bulk of the feminist movement isn't. However, there are very few things today that are not biased and intellectually dishonest

How exactly are women oppressed as a gender, as it pertains to contemporary society, specifically in the United States?
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2014 6:14:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 5:51:05 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/8/2014 2:44:26 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/7/2014 5:58:13 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 3:44:35 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/7/2014 1:42:30 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/6/2014 7:24:25 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:
At 11/6/2014 5:01:27 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/3/2014 8:29:15 PM, why_why wrote:
I think it has, Feminism was supposed to be a group that would help women have the same rights and privileges as men. They would fight for the ability to vote, go against child marre it'll touch more hearts. But sometimes it'll get violent and create more bad than good. This video is a good example... Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminis": http://youtu.be...
It speaks for itself. In conclusion I think extremist ruined Feminism.

Why does everyone always blame us extremists? :'(

That video has nothing to do with feminist extremism, and everything to do with trying to get a rise out of people. Fckh8 is acting like some sort of tabloid that writes outrageous stories so that people buy it - it's being outrageous so that people "buy," feminism. While I have no problem with children swearing and appreciate the message of this video, I don't think crude, tabloid-esque tactics, dodgy stats and videos that sound as though they're hating on men rather than trying to end the oppression of women and achieve gender equality are the way to spread it. I'd be very disappointed in the radical movement if it did something like this, but this kind of thing, I'm afraid, is the work of liberal feminists.



I actually agree. Liberal feminists are just as stupid as the rad fems.

Both movements are thinly veiled hate directed towards low status males. Want proof?

Look at all those "street harassment" videos feminists put up. Is it rich white guys harassing women? Nope. It's poor (mostly) non whites.

Radical feminism has long been supportive of low status people, regardless of their gender, because it is a socialist movement that views gender as irrelevant and/or a social construct.


No. Radical feminism has long claimed to be supportive of low status folks. In reality, that's just a thin veil for hate directed at low status men.

How do you anti-feminists always manage to sound like conspiracy theorists? Like, what's your secret?

I'd like to see where a radical feminist theorist or prominent activist has explicitly said that they hate men, in particular low status men.


Of course, gender isn't a social construct. So, that's just feminists being wrong.

Gender as in the fact that men and women have different genital organs and women can give birth and men can't, but gender roles are. Where is it scientifically proven, for instance, that girls have a natural tendency to like pink?



Liberal feminists put up more noise about those videos than the rad fems.

Women aren't oppressed. At least, they are no more oppressed than men are. It is absurd to suggest otherwise. That's why feminists use all kinds of phony misleading stats to manufacture a woman's crisis.

How is this? Where do men and women have equal rights?



The entire western world.


Sure. And politicians never lie, and people get paid what they're worth, and black people and white people are equally as likely to be arrested, and tofu falls out of the sky.

But, both rad fems and lib fems are equally bad about this. And, at least rad fems are more open about hating low status males and don't sugarcoat their movement as being about gender equality.

We're socialists - do you really think we'd hate low status people of any gender? We condemn the men who oppress women, but have never said that we hate all men, if only because we ultimately don't give a flying fvck about which set of genitals people have and want a society without gender roles for men or women. And all feminism that is actually feminism and not just elitism and bigotry dressed in different clothes supports gender equality. Radfems are feminists who want to achieve their goal of gender equality using more extreme and revolutionary measures, not people who want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy


BS. First off. Socialism, along with multiculturalism, has done more to hurt low status people than any other ideology around.

Socialism has never existed, and the members of the working class who got close were pretty darn happy. The Paris Commune, Free Territories, Anarchist Catalonia and USSR before the Bolsheviks seized all power were all great places to be a "commoner." How does something like the spread, combination and coexistence of different cultures affect the working class's situation at all? That sounds incredibly idealistic.

And, you can say you want gender equality all you want. Fact is that gender is a biological reality and women are already, at least, equal.

That's the same argument proponents of eugenics, the Indian caste system and apartheid use. And it is absolutely delusional to claim that there is gender equality. However it is equally delusional to claim, as libfems do, that this can be achieved without radical change and without the abolition of intransient hierarchy.

Biological differences are extant amongst women and men, which if examined can explain why men, on the average, tend to be more aggressive and work more, and women, on the average, tend to be more passive and work less.

Interestingly, these supposed biological differences only emerged with the emergence of property and surplus. Before an idle class and private property arose (i.e. during primitive communism) men and women shared all labour and actually, agriculturists were primarily women. But since pregnancy often makes a woman fragile and caring for the foetus and subsequent baby takes up a lot of time, men were the ones who went out hunting. This allowed them to develop aggression and ability to "capture," which proved useful when they then claimed women, land and resources as their private property.

If you advocate equal rights, as you label yourself a feminists, then responsibilities, such as the military draft, should be compulsory for women as well.

It should. If it even exists in a revolutionary society.

Why does feminism neglect mens issues? Why are statistics ubiquitously displayed to highlight women's issues when men face issues as well? You understand contemporary feminism is largely propaganda based, contains biased perspectives, and feminism mainly perpetuates spurious information devoid of critical thinking.

Because men are not oppressed as a gender. Ethnic minority men are oppressed, LGBTQPA men are oppressed, men who are not able-bodied are oppressed, but none of this oppression is on account of gender.
I'd say radfem is pretty free of all this bias and intellectual dishonesty, but the bulk of the feminist movement isn't. However, there are very few things today that are not biased and intellectually dishonest

Men did develop tendencies to exert themselves physically, hence hunting and gathering resources were common activities men would participate in, but this was due to inherent factors, such as hormonal levels, and genetic factor, not exclusively social related factors.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:47:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/8/2014 5:56:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/8/2014 3:33:20 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/8/2014 1:03:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 8:59:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
Extremists ruin everything

Y'all are so meeean to us! :'(

Why shouldn't we be? You are an extremist. Extremist's are irrational, ignorant, tyrannical, overbearing , rude, violent, criminal people who will do anything to justify an end to a means. What's to like?

Whoa, whoa. These are massive generalisations. Some extremists obviously are all this, but I don't see how extremism necessitates this. And although there are plenty of radical feminists and plenty of Marxists who have the characteristics you described (and they annoy us within the movements, too) the movements themselves, I'd say, do not.

They are not generalizations. This is the epitome of extremism. How can one be extreme without being extreme and using extreme measures. You don't speak for the extreme, the extreme do.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
why_why
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 10:58:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/ 8/2014 5:56:10 PextremistsyouGirl wrote:
At 11/8/2014 3:33:20 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 11/8/2014 1:03:10 PM, Material_Girl wrote:
At 11/7/2014 8:59:23 PM, sadolite wrote:
Extremists ruin everything

Y'all are so meeean to us! :'(
extremists guide all the hate we ever get and ruin our organizations and lower our supporters and collapse everything!
Why shouldn't we be? You are an extremist. Extremist's are irrational, ignorant, tyrannical, overbearing , rude, violent, criminal people who will do anything to justify an end to a means. What's to like?
correct. Extremists do things like decapitated people (Islam extremists) bash men (feminist extremists) wreck economies (Democrat and Republican extremists)
Whoa, whoa. These are massive generalisations. Some extremists obviously are all this, but I don't see how extremism necessitates this. And although there are plenty of radical feminists and plenty of Marxists who have the characteristics you described (and they annoy us within the movements, too) the movements themselves, I'd say, do not.

you are wrong. Do you relize what extremists do? Murder innocent people, bomb things, everything!