Jump to topic:

If...

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 1:39:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If the vast majority of illegal aliens were right leaning, republican sympathizing, how would things be different, if at all? Would Jessie and Al S. be headed toward the border to do a march, would there even be a need for a march?
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 2:02:38 PM
At 4/28/2010 1:39:46 PM, innomen wrote:
If the vast majority of illegal aliens were right leaning, republican sympathizing, how would things be different, if at all?

Before if comes why. Why would they support the mainstream party most opposed to their presence?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2010 2:16:58 PM
At 4/28/2010 2:02:38 PM, feverish wrote:
If the vast majority of illegal aliens were right leaning, republican sympathizing, how would things be different, if at all?

Before if comes why. Why would they support the mainstream party most opposed to their presence?

Sort of a tangent effect here. Many do, actually, many do for reasons of religion, and some have fled the communist dictatorships in central/south America (I actually live with one).
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 7:08:55 AM
Many republicans dislike the cultural and economic consequences of Central\South Americans, so I think the fact they would get more votes (In states where republicans already have the majority) wouldn't be too persuasive an argument.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 7:11:53 AM
If the vast majority of illegal aliens were right leaning, republican sympathizing, how would things be different, if at all? Would Jessie and Al S. be headed toward the border to do a march, would there even be a need for a march?

Because everyone knows that politicians care about people who can't legally vote XD
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 2:14:07 PM
At 5/2/2010 7:08:55 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Many republicans dislike the cultural and economic consequences of Central\South Americans,

What exact stereotype are you suggesting here?

so I think the fact they would get more votes (In states where republicans already have the majority) wouldn't be too persuasive an argument.

That's true, i see parties saying all the time: "yeah, we're good, we don't need any more voters where we are in our party" HUH?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 10:27:01 PM
At 4/28/2010 2:02:38 PM, feverish wrote:

probably not, republicans (along with democrats) do what is good for the party, not nessicarily what is good for the ideaology. If welcoming immigrants brought them 12 million more votes, they'd do it.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2010 6:45:25 AM
At 5/2/2010 2:14:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/2/2010 7:08:55 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Many republicans dislike the cultural and economic consequences of Central\South Americans,

What exact stereotype are you suggesting here?

Most right wing conservatives like the idea of America being White, Christian, and not being 'infiltrated' by foreign cultures.

so I think the fact they would get more votes (In states where republicans already have the majority) wouldn't be too persuasive an argument.

That's true, i see parties saying all the time: "yeah, we're good, we don't need any more voters where we are in our party" HUH?

Lol, the republicans have pretty tight control of the gulf coast states. I don't think circumventing their ideals for a few votes is appealing.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.