Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:45:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/9/2014 11:18:02 AM, jh1234lnew wrote:
Mo-vember is sexist because it does not car about womens health isues

wut
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 1:12:10 PM
At 11/9/2014 11:45:37 AM, donald.keller wrote:

wut

The Fool: These are Feminist trolls who are extremely jealous of the attention that Men's Right Groups are getting. In November, men are suppose to grow there mustaches, to raise awareness about Prostate cancer, and thus its called m-ovember.

Forget about the fact the money that much more then most of health research money goes towards woman health issues only.

Against The Ideologist

They don't want to share the health care.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 1:13:32 PM
At 11/9/2014 1:12:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

wut

The Fool: These are Feminist trolls who are extremely jealous of the attention that Men's Right Groups are getting. In November, men are suppose to grow there mustaches, to raise awareness about Prostate cancer, and thus its called m-ovember.

Forget about the fact the money that much more then most of health research money goes towards woman health issues only.

Against The Ideologist

-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 3:13:58 PM
*The Fool: Forget about the fact [] that much more then most of health research money goes towards woman health issues only.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:24:02 PM
At 11/9/2014 3:40:08 PM, Garbanza wrote:
http://www.newstatesman.com...

Wow this article is grasping at straws.

With large numbers of minority-ethnic men"for instance Kurds, Indians, Mexicans"sporting moustaches as a cultural or religious signifier, Movember reinforces the "othering" of "foreigners" by the generally clean-shaven, white majority.

Mexicans grow mustaches as a cultural signifier?! Wow talk about a racist stereotype. There's no such thing as a clean shaven Mexican or Indian? Growing a mustache has literally NOTHING to do with xenophobia. The article says the mustache is a sign of British imperialism yet credit the above people as having mustaches too. Like wtf, so on white people the mustache represents imperialism and on PoC it represents culture? Bull fudging sh!t.

Most, if not all of the arguments can be flipped to criticize women and breast cancer charities. The author talks about how heart disease is a greater threat to men than prostate cancer. Yea? Well heart disease is a bigger threat to woman than breast cancer! So the Susan G. Komen foundation should get with the program and focus on heart disease right?

It would seem that Movember isn't really about "changing the face of men's health", so much as fetishising facial hair for the entertainment of young men.

So what? Why can't men have fun? It's literally just growing facial hair and it is literally not hurting anyone. Oh but some men, especially transmen, can't grow facial hair! They're being excluded! So friggen what? It's not our fault they can't grow facial hair. Why should we have to conform to their disability? And it's not like anyone really thinks "Oh he can't grow facial hair, he must be less than human!"

it is racist, inasmuch as it steamrollers over the cultural significance of the moustache (and thereby ignores what the campaign means for the men who really have moustaches)

The cultural significance of the mustache? Great double think. Symbols can never change meaning! Any attempt to change the cultural significance of what the mustache means is erasure and bad! Who cares if times change?! We have to respect and protect the Mexican, Indian, and Kurdish facial hair from the evil imperial white man's facial hair!
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:33:44 PM

wut

Against The Ideologist

No. Mate, you've got it all wrong. OP is trolling the feminists.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:48:45 PM
The Jealously of Garbanza
Part 1

"That time of year defined by jewelled grass, silky chestnut shells, and men across the nation eyeing their top lips like adolescents in a month-long event of back-slapping, high-fiving and Instagram-liking."

The Fool: The Article is already sexist in the second sentence.

The last few weeks have seen our Facebook newsfeeds littered with selfies, as the otherwise banal and natural (yet for the female amongst us: totally unacceptable) process of hair growth is eagerly tracked with tongue-in-cheek insults pertaining to the thinness, style or "gingerness" of the emerging whiskers.

The Fool: This is implying that mustaches are Sexist.

"Precious few of the posts, or the resulting comments, focus on"men's health issues, and virtually none recognize the pernicious gendered and racial connotations carried by the practice."

The Fool: This is implying that growing a mustache is RACIST.

"what the Movember "movement" is really about: white young men ridiculing minorities, and playing up to the lad culture within which the charitable practice has become embedded.""

The Fool: Hahahahahahahahahhahaaa!!!.
<(XD)

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Against The Ideologist

I'm sorry that"s the DUMBEST article I have read in a long, long time. The article deserves its own very thread just to make fun of it.

The Fool: Lol!!!!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 4:51:25 PM
At 11/9/2014 4:33:44 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

wut

Against The Ideologist

No. Mate, you've got it all wrong. OP is trolling the feminists.

The Fool: And Garbanza.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:03:48 PM
At 11/9/2014 4:48:45 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Jealously of Garbanza
Part 1

"That time of year defined by jewelled grass, silky chestnut shells, and men across the nation eyeing their top lips like adolescents in a month-long event of back-slapping, high-fiving and Instagram-liking."

The Fool: The Article is already sexist in the second sentence.

The last few weeks have seen our Facebook newsfeeds littered with selfies, as the otherwise banal and natural (yet for the female amongst us: totally unacceptable) process of hair growth is eagerly tracked with tongue-in-cheek insults pertaining to the thinness, style or "gingerness" of the emerging whiskers.

The Fool: This is implying that mustaches are Sexist.

"Precious few of the posts, or the resulting comments, focus on"men's health issues, and virtually none recognize the pernicious gendered and racial connotations carried by the practice."

The Fool: This is implying that growing a mustache is RACIST.

"what the Movember "movement" is really about: white young men ridiculing minorities, and playing up to the lad culture within which the charitable practice has become embedded.""

The Fool: Hahahahahahahahahhahaaa!!!.
<(XD)

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Against The Ideologist

I'm sorry that"s the DUMBEST article I have read in a long, long time. The article deserves its own very thread just to make fun of it.

The Fool: Lol!!!!

What in the fock were the authors thinking? This article was beyond astonishing, I don't even know where to begin.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:08:05 PM

I'm glad you brought this to my attention. The material within is "mind-boggling"; the connotation representing a lack of critical thinking and an abundance of assumptions that don't resemble gender issues by any means.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2014 11:35:55 PM
At 11/9/2014 11:08:05 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Intellectuallyprimitive: I'm glad you brought this to my attention. The material within is "mind-boggling"; the connotation representing a lack of critical thinking and an abundance of assumptions that don't resemble gender issues by any means.

"These events showcase the worst of what the Movember "movement" is really about: white young men ridiculing minorities, and playing up to the lad culture within which the charitable practice has become embedded. """

The Fool: Then it attacks the LGBT community... Lol

"the LGBT community (parodies of the Village People), celebrate war and imperialism (gun-toting cowboys, colonial generals in pith helmets, and cavalrymen in slouch hats),

The Fool: Yes, I am sure that's the REAL reason they do it.

<(8D)
jh1234lnew
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:23:34 PM

wut

Against The Ideologist

I was making fun of MRA's saying that feminists are sexist because feminists do not care about men's health.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 5:09:38 PM
At 11/12/2014 9:23:34 PM, jh1234lnew wrote:

wut

Against The Ideologist

jh1234lnew : I was making fun of MRA's saying that feminists are sexist because feminists do not care about men's health.

http://media4.onsugar.com...

The Fool: NO SHlT Sherlock shitface!!
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 5:12:47 PM
Mister_Man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2014 5:21:04 PM

The rest of the year is sexist because it's all geared toward Breast Cancer awareness, and hardly anything to do with men. As well as women's shelters. And women's rights. And female victims of any crime.

...so no.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2014 10:32:00 PM
At 11/15/2014 5:21:04 PM, Mister_Man wrote:

The rest of the year is sexist because it's all geared toward Breast Cancer awareness, and hardly anything to do with men. As well as women's shelters. And women's rights. And female victims of any crime.

...so no.

The pink color associated with breast cancer awareness that the NFL requests the players to exhibit. I find nothing wrong with the promotion of awareness and anticipate that the awareness is permeated, yet what bothers me are the double standards SJW and feminists spew. What ludicrous reasoning would feminists conjure if the NFL were to display blue, for example, and promote prostate cancer awareness? I can speculate that that they would claim a misrepresentation of women's issues.
Mister_Man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2014 1:11:31 AM
At 11/18/2014 10:32:00 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 11/15/2014 5:21:04 PM, Mister_Man wrote:

...so no.

The pink color associated with breast cancer awareness that the NFL requests the players to exhibit. I find nothing wrong with the promotion of awareness and anticipate that the awareness is permeated, yet what bothers me are the double standards SJW and feminists spew. What ludicrous reasoning would feminists conjure if the NFL were to display blue, for example, and promote prostate cancer awareness? I can speculate that that they would claim a misrepresentation of women's issues.

I totally agree, they would be up in arms if any "men's issues" were represented and given media attention, as we all know men have it soooooo easy over women... I don't really get how a group can be so geared toward "equal rights" yet they focus on one gender much more than the other and focus on the negative that men contribute to society instead of women. Although it doesn't affect much of anything it's still incredibly annoying knowing people like these new Social Justice Idiots exist.
Kelvinstiles
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2014 4:53:07 AM
Movember is all about supporting the cause and spreading awareness about men's health.
In US last year, 83.1% of the funds were applied to such life-saving programs.Normally, the annual campaign ends with parties being held to celebrate the spectacular growth of facial follicles.
How did this year Movember go for you all?
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 5:08:29 AM

=====================

I for one am pi55ed off with constantly hearing about breast cancer and women's health issues.. For once there is a focus on male health. Anyway, it's not sexist, my wife has also grown a mustache for Movember
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 4:41:30 PM
At 11/29/2014 5:08:29 AM, paininthenuts wrote:

=====================

I for one am pi55ed off with constantly hearing about breast cancer and women's health issues.. For once there is a focus on male health. Anyway, it's not sexist, my wife has also grown a mustache for Movember

kfc
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid