What Kind of Anti Feminist are You?

jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:15:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've come to realize that there are two major types of anti feminists:

1.) The anti feminists concerned with the feminist attack on traditional institutions

2.) The anti feminists concerned with the feminist attack on men (mostly low status men)

Group #1 is the right wing anti feminist crowd that includes traditionalists, most Republicans, etc. It is fairly self descriptive in that sense.

Group #2 is not, by and large, right wing. This group includes many atheists, MRAs, and gamers (and similar groups).

We need to start making this distinction when discussing feminism.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 8:58:10 PM
At 11/12/2014 8:15:00 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

And to which group do you belong?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:16:28 PM

1.) The anti feminists concerned with the feminist attack on traditional institutions

2.) The anti feminists concerned with the feminist attack on men (mostly low status men)

Group #1 is the right wing anti feminist crowd that includes traditionalists, most Republicans, etc. It is fairly self descriptive in that sense.

Group #2 is not, by and large, right wing. This group includes many atheists, MRAs, and gamers (and similar groups).

I actually agree with this distinction. The latter anti-feminist crowd is more concerned with reproducing their misogyny on a personal level whereas the former is concerned with its perpetuation on a structural one.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 9:57:23 PM
At 11/12/2014 8:58:10 PM, mortsdor wrote:

And to which group do you belong?

I'm anti MRA too, but I put less energy towards it because they don't have nearly as much influence as the poison feminists.

That puts me in the more traditionalist crowd I suppose. But, I fall outside both of these groups to a degree in that my biggest problem with feminism is it's factually incorrect stats and assumptions.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 10:09:39 PM
At 11/12/2014 9:16:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I actually agree with this distinction. The latter anti-feminist crowd is more concerned with reproducing their misogyny on a personal level whereas the former is concerned with its perpetuation on a structural one.

I agree that the latter is often "misogynistic". Although, the irrational feminist hate of white men that aren't castrated is pretty strong too.

But, the former isn't about perpetuating misogyny because traditional institutions are NOT misogynist. Yes, they do enforce strict gender roles. But, gender roles have a basis in biology and are certainly not misogynistic. Traditionalism is not misogyny.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 10:13:12 PM
At 11/12/2014 10:09:39 PM, jimtimmy4 wrote:

I agree that the latter is often "misogynistic". Although, the irrational feminist hate of white men that aren't castrated is pretty strong too.

What does this even mean?

But, the former isn't about perpetuating misogyny because traditional institutions are NOT misogynist. Yes, they do enforce strict gender roles. But, gender roles have a basis in biology and are certainly not misogynistic. Traditionalism is not misogyny.

Whatever kiddo.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jimtimmy4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2014 10:14:44 PM
At 11/12/2014 10:13:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Generic condescending comments because I have nothing intelligent to say.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 11:11:06 PM

The Fool: Don't forget part LBTG community in Group#2.

And that MRA's and Anti-feminist are necessary the same.

Anti-feminist, are simply those who generally disagree at least one key aspect of Feminist ideology, and not necessarily in the complete abolition of Feminism.

MRA's
And anti-feminist, are not necessarily the same as MRA's who positively fight for men's interests, against discrimination towards men, and misandry, who are politically correct, but to tend to blame feminists for some discrimination caused by Feminism. A perfect example being the demonetization of men, as men. Or the idea that men, are not acceptable as men in themselves, but first need to be reprogrammed by feminist. On Feminist standards and terms before they are be to be accepted as Woman are to be accepted by everybody.

And that we generally tend to disagree with feminists on what constitutes equality, right versus privilege.
<(89)

That doesn't make us evil.

jimtimmy4 : We need to start making this distinction when discussing feminism.

The Fool: I am very glad you pointed this out, because although many Feminist know this, even on DDO, they will intentionally conflate them, in attempt to block out the voice of LEGITIMATE CRITICISM.

Against The Ideology

Because that's what ideologist do!!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2014 11:25:46 PM

jimtimmy4 : We need to start making this distinction when discussing feminism.

socialpinko: : I actually agree with this distinction. The latter anti-feminist crowd is more concerned with reproducing their misogyny on a personal level whereas the former is concerned with its perpetuation on a structural one.

The Fool: Who are you Charles now?. You could just make random claims, with no justification and expect no accountability? Perhaps hoping "mob rule" will bail you out?

Against The Ideologist

You don't seem to care how "stupid" your position is, as long as a lot of people believe it, It must be true.

It must be....
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2014 1:00:09 AM
Correction
*The Fool: And that MRA's and Anti-feminist are [NOT] necessary the same.

Original post:
http://www.debate.org...