Total Posts:109|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

#Gamergate

DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 6:24:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Rant Started.
I noticed there was not a single thread about #Gamergate here. WHY? Have the SJWs coerced or shamed a blackout here as well?

The great controversy known as #Gamergate was not about misogyny as some would have us believe. #Gamergate was about video game reviewers giving good game reviews because of corruption in the video game industry. The criticisms have been valid and none have been refuted. Only more misinformation has been spread by the leftist media(MSNBC) and anti-gamergate folks. They have no arguments nor support. That is why the InternetAristocrat's video has almost a million hits. Where is the anti-gamergate folk's video? It won't be popular because the people of the Interwebs support #Gamergate. The numbers don't lie, look at the video link on the below. No valid arguments and nor support of any significance. I don't agree with the threats to Zoe Quinn, so let us not go there because both sides have had people doxxed.

https://www.youtube.com...

These social justice warriors(SJW) think they have a mandate to crusade for social justice in every single field. No sorry, you don't have a mandate Now even video games are being attacked for being "misogynistic" and "sexist." Even stranger or perhaps crazier is the fact that people like Anita Sarkeesian profit from this "cry sexist" in the video game industry. Strange, I never once heard her state the fact that most people killed in video games are males. Is she a misandryist?

I want to know what is wrong with these social justice people. To me personally, it feels like the bullies from high school have not only followed their victims to their homes but now is inside their house bullying them there. Kids used to be able say "PHEW" when they got home because the bullies couldn't come inside their house. Now apparently since they can't get in the house, they will bully them while they are in their house via the Internet instead. Where does it end? The professional bullying game needs to stop.

Also for those SJWs who like to build caricatures, I am #notyourshield. Think again.
Rant Ended.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:26:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
#Gamergate
Part 1

The Fool: The problem right now is that, there's no organized clear and coherent voice for #Gamergate, and if #Gamergate wants to be successful, they will have to choose representatives who can speak for the mob. Until then, feminists supporters are generally going to cherry pick all the politically incorrect and hostile comments, as being a representative voice despite the fact that it doesn't really actually represent them.

They are not going to cut anybody any slack because they to themselves with the utmost quasi-religious zeal really think in their hearts that they're doing the right thing. And that's just where feminism is at right now. It's the new religious orthodoxy.

As for the threats, those are so hard to even tell, because I wouldn't put it past feminist to be the ones doing the threatening, to make it look like, it's #Gamergate.

I see a lot of comments on the Internet, where are simply feminist posing as MRA's saying things like "women deserve to be raped". You can tell that it's not MRA's because the comments are overly explicit and out of the blue, and the usernames tend to have "men's rights activists" in the name, as to make sure there's no mistaking who it is, which is a little too suspicious.

Like a "men's rights activist" are actually going around randomly commenting "women deserve to be raped" and then taking off.. Just leaving that one comment.

Like who would do that? Who would specifically go to feminist video comment sections, and just type "woman deserved to be raped!"

The problem is the hypersensitive and reactionary feminist crowd, doesn't even think twice about it. It's like the witch trial all over again. Nobody's thinking rationally anymore.

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:42:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
#Gamergate
Part 2

The Fool: It's sad in today's society that if you can't get women, or LGBT community members, to speak for you, your voice and concerns are absolutely irrelevant. Everything you say or do contrary to Feminist agenda is simply written off Misogynists.

We couldn't even have men's human rights recognized, if we didn't have so many women in the movement willing to represent our own issues.

Against The Ideologist

That's how insignificant we have become.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 9:44:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 7:26:34 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

I don't think the Feminist supporters are interested in any discourse. Instead they just want to throw insults at people who want to disagree. One of the 100,000 ways to say they dislike you. It is a shaming tactic to work on moralists to say " you are a bad person."

Someone is a bad person for disagreeing with them? Nonsense. Zealots believe if they scream louder apparently they represent the majority. It is a bullying tactic.

In the long term the Feminists will lose because they are too arrogant to defend their claims. Now, they are attempting to be provocateurs? No surprise there.

Then men's rights movement, MGTOWs, MRAs, and other like minded fellows have only started popping up recently in the last five years or so on the Internet. I will give it ten or years and they will be on the mainstream media defending their claims more often. Rather than this clacked out narrative offered by the Feminists in the media.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 11:29:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Um, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps you should describe, as objectively as possible, this issue.
All I here is a rant about something, and attacking the other side, while defending yours.
However, the issue is never explained as far as I can tell, which might actually answer your opening question as to why there are no threads on it: no one may know.
My work here is, finally, done.
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 1:51:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 11:29:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Um, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps you should describe, as objectively as possible, this issue.
All I here is a rant about something, and attacking the other side, while defending yours.
However, the issue is never explained as far as I can tell, which might actually answer your opening question as to why there are no threads on it: no one may know.

It was a rant, "Rant Started, " and "Rant Ended;" I thought it was lol. STORY TIME!
(Note: I don't believe in objectivity, I will attempt to be least biased as possible though)

Story begins.....

Incident #1
#Gamergate is incoherent to say the very least. #Gamergate was first pronounced by Adam Baldwin on Twitter to sum up events that happened in the video game world back in August(2014). The original event in question related to an ex-boyfriend of game developer Zoe Quinn. He posted on his blog that Quinn had slept with reviewers on the website Kotaku in order to receive good reviews for her games. This wakened the wrath of gamers online with people flinging vitriol left and right. They used their platform, 4chan to launch a series of attacks against Quinn.

Incident #2
Quinn started to claim the whole thing was an attack on women and "misogynistic." Then all other women were claiming they were attacked like Anita Sarkeesian and Brianna Wu. Quinn and Sarkeesian are noted feminists. Then all of these social justice advocates like Arthur Chu and Leigh Alexander disguised as game writers supporting these feminists came out with narratives about the "gamers are dead" and the game industry should not appeal to them. Which in their mind was white, nonsocial, and geeky males. One writer even claimed they were worse than ISIS.

This lead to a series of attacks and doxxing on game reviewers and game writers by pro-Gamergaters. Advertisers withdrew from some of these websites due to the attacks. Ultimately a hashtag war broke out on twitter with the pro-gamegaters being the dominant of the two sides. Then there was an edit war on Wikipedia about the events related to #Gamergate which led to the wiki founder having to give an official response.

Incident #3
GameJournalPros, a mailing list was exposed by Milo Yiannopoulos over at Breitbart.com. GameJournalPros was a cabal of game journalists from a range of magazines, game companies and news companies(AP surprisingly was one) that organized themselves to powerful body to manipulate the gaming world allegedly. One incident related to this cabal included destroying the employment status of one video game writer. Apparently he was exposing fraud related to a Kickstarter and he was fired for it. His employer told others in this cabal not to hire him which is illegal. Then the employer and the owner of this website came out recently claiming "we never said we were journalists." This is what was very odd considering they had press credentials to get in E3.

Incident #4
There was a blackout in September on Reddit and other sites where #Gamergate was the hot topic. Then ultimately, 4chan's owner Moot caved in to the political correct crowd by deleting all things related to #Gamergate. So those people migrated the website run by "Hot Wheels;" 8chan.

....Story ends. That was a rough summary of the events. There is far far more as well.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 3:16:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 11:29:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Um, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps you should describe, as objectively as possible, this issue.
All I here is a rant about something, and attacking the other side, while defending yours.
However, the issue is never explained as far as I can tell, which might actually answer your opening question as to why there are no threads on it: no one may know.

The Fool: Feminist are pushing their Ideology on the gaming industry, because they believe games and gamers are generally misogynists. Gamers then criticized feminist Invasion, and corruption in journalism. So gaming journalist conspired and published 10 different articles on the same day, declaring gamers to be misogynist, and that the gamer culture was officially dead.

So gamers created #gamergate to voice their opinions about journalism and feminist corruption.

There has been millions of tweets, and a few threats. Feminist have been cherry picking the "politically incorrect", and or hostile Tweets to give the impression that gamergate is nothing but hostile misogynist. They declared themselves to be fighting in the name of women gamers.

So female gamers created #not your shield to demonstrate their rejection of feminist and journal corruption.

Against the ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 3:24:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I fully support #Gamergate. I think people are learning how horrible these neo-puritanical SJWs are from #Shirtstorm and are backing away from feminism in general.
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 3:26:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 3:16:42 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

I find it funny how the Feminists reached the conclusion that somehow pointing out corruption somehow has something to do with being misogynistic. I guess they're really saying, "How dare you call out a woman for being corrupt." I have just started calling the opponents of #Gamergate, the Pro-corrupt side.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 3:42:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 3:26:19 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 11/16/2014 3:16:42 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

I find it funny how the Feminists reached the conclusion that somehow pointing out corruption somehow has something to do with being misogynistic. I guess they're really saying, "How dare you call out a woman for being corrupt." I have just started calling the opponents of #Gamergate, the Pro-corrupt side.



The Fool: They are call people misogynist as to block out our voices.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 3:42:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 11:29:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Um, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps you should describe, as objectively as possible, this issue.
All I here is a rant about something, and attacking the other side, while defending yours.
However, the issue is never explained as far as I can tell, which might actually answer your opening question as to why there are no threads on it: no one may know.

#Gamergate is twitter hashtag movement. It is a diverse movement consisting of people of all political beliefs (although most lean to the left), sexual orientations, and races, primarily consists of twitterers pushing for ethics in game journalism as well as opposing the incursion of the 'SJW' (social justice warrior) feminist crowd into media in general.

The movement has, in general, met with extreme hostility from gaming media and most feminists (although some vocal supporters, like Christina Hoff Summers, identify as feminists), and has been demonized by these groups to no end. We've been accused of being evil right-wing non-transexual white men supporting rape, opposing women, and hating gays and other races. That's what #NotYourShield is for - it is women, racial minorities, and gay, bisexual, and transgender people who support #GamerGate saying "We support #GamerGate, and you anti-Gamergaters don't have the right to use us as cannon fodder for your agenda".
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2014 7:19:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Wow, thanks for the info.
I do not care one bit.

Pity if game developers cave to this pressure, but the critics do not speak for the populace.
My work here is, finally, done.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 4:59:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 7:19:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Wow, thanks for the info.
I do not care one bit.

Pity if game developers cave to this pressure, but the critics do not speak for the populace.

The Fool: I was quite a gamer before university, but I"m much less so now.. But it"s beyond simply just gamers now. it"s come to be a kind of symbolic resistance against a Feminist-Marxist interventions on our everyday lives and the corruption which comes with it. It's the fact that these people are blatantly lying, on mainstream media to misrepresent the voice of #gamergate, and using woman as a shield cover. Thus the #Not Your Shield.. Response.

Against The Ideologist


So it's beyond well gaming now.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 5:05:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/16/2014 3:26:19 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

The Fool: That clip is fvcking Hilarious. It's so trivial, but the dramatization makes it seem such an "Oh SNAP!!"
<(XD)
---------------------------------------------------------->

"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 5:16:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Fool: It"s about the freedom to do things without some hidden ideological underpinning policing our thoughts. Games About artistic entertainment, not a political agendas.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
#Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers. Do they do anything else apart from that?

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...
At the height of the Gamergate controversy, according to The New Yorker, doxing-related harassment escalated to the point where Quinn, "fearing for her safety, chose to leave her home" and began working with the authorities to identify those responsible... She...later commented...that "I used to go to games events and feel like I was going home... Now it's just like... are any of the people I'm currently in the room with ones that said they wanted to beat me to death?". http://en.wikipedia.org...

"...harassment of Sarkeesian reached such high levels that she announced she had been forced to leave her home. She posted on Twitter, "Some very scary threats have just been made against me and my family. Contacting authorities now" followed by a later tweet, "I'm safe. Authorities have been notified. Staying with friends tonight. I'm not giving up. But this harassment of women in tech must stop!"...the affair has become part of the ongoing GamerGate controversy in video game culture." http://en.wikipedia.org...

"In 2014, Wu posted multiple tweets about sexism in video games and the GamerGate controversy...which, according to The Boston Globe, "mocked members of a shadowy and threatening gaming movement called GamerGate, ridiculing them for, among other things, 'fighting an apocalyptic future where women are 8 percent of programmers and not 3 percent'."...Users on the pro-Gamergate chanboard 8chan's gamergate message board (/gg/) began posting personal information about Wu in GamerGate-related discussions, including one post containing her address, and subsequently she began receiving multiple, specific rape and death threats including her address, forcing Wu to flee her home. These threats have been widely attributed to GamerGate supporters...Stating that she would not be intimidated by the threats, Wu continued as an outspoken and notable critic of GamerGate." http://en.wikipedia.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:48:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:
Garbanza : #Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers.

Do they do anything else apart from that?

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...
At the height of the Gamergate controversy, according to The New Yorker, doxing-related harassment escalated to the point where Quinn, "fearing for her safety, chose to leave her home" and began working with the authorities to identify those responsible... She...later commented...that "I used to go to games events and feel like I was going home... Now it's just like... are any of the people I'm currently in the room with ones that said they wanted to beat me to death?". http://en.wikipedia.org...

"...harassment of Sarkeesian reached such high levels that she announced she had been forced to leave her home. She posted on Twitter, "Some very scary threats have just been made against me and my family. Contacting authorities now" followed by a later tweet, "I'm safe. Authorities have been notified. Staying with friends tonight. I'm not giving up. But this harassment of women in tech must stop!"...the affair has become part of the ongoing GamerGate controversy in video game culture." http://en.wikipedia.org...

"In 2014, Wu posted multiple tweets about sexism in video games and the GamerGate controversy...which, according to The Boston Globe, "mocked members of a shadowy and threatening gaming movement called GamerGate, ridiculing them for, among other things, 'fighting an apocalyptic future where women are 8 percent of programmers and not 3 percent'."...Users on the pro-Gamergate chanboard 8chan's gamergate message board (/gg/) began posting personal information about Wu in GamerGate-related discussions, including one post containing her address, and subsequently she began receiving multiple, specific rape and death threats including her address, forcing Wu to flee her home. These threats have been widely attributed to GamerGate supporters...Stating that she would not be intimidated by the threats, Wu continued as an outspoken and notable critic of GamerGate." http://en.wikipedia.org...

The Fool: That's the Point. Feminist are trying to sell it as harassment and misogyny to mainstream media, to hide the fact that, they are being rejected by the gamers, including the female gamers, for corruption, as to further their goals.

There's millions responses, and some of the threats may be by feminists themselves, and feminist are cherry picking the "politically incorrect", responses, as representative of the entire community, to hide the fact that they're just being rejected.

And you're doing it right now.

Just like your pretending to ask "Do they do anything else apart from that?" when you know better..

That's the Very kind of corruption that they're talking about.

Against The Ideologist

Their uprising against the deceit and dishonesty, by feminists like yourself.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:56:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:

The Fool: That's also why you left out any information in regards too.

" #NotYourShield is for - it is women, racial minorities, and gay, bisexual, and transgender people who support #GamerGate saying "We support #GamerGate, and you anti-Gamergaters don't have the right to use us as cannon fodder for your agenda"."

And asked that question "Do they do anything else apart from that?"? Despite the fact the fact almost every post in this forum mentioned something else. Because you are one of those lying feminist.

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 6:56:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 6:48:51 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: That's the Point. Feminist are trying to sell it as harassment and misogyny to mainstream media, to hide the fact that, they are being rejected by the gamers, including the female gamers, for corruption, as to further their goals.

What corruption?

There's millions responses, and some of the threats may be by feminists themselves, and feminist are cherry picking the "politically incorrect", responses, as representative of the entire community, to hide the fact that they're just being rejected.

And you're doing it right now.

Just like your pretending to ask "Do they do anything else apart from that?" when you know better..

Actually, I just looked on wikipedia. I never heard of #gamergate until I read this thread. I know you'll accuse me of lying, because I've made a statement and that's what you do, so I'm just saying this for anybody apart from you who happens to read this.

That's the Very kind of corruption that they're talking about.

Against The Ideologist

Their uprising against the deceit and dishonesty, by feminists like yourself.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:07:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 6:56:21 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:

The Fool: That's also why you left out any information in regards too.

" #NotYourShield is for - it is women, racial minorities, and gay, bisexual, and transgender people who support #GamerGate saying "We support #GamerGate, and you anti-Gamergaters don't have the right to use us as cannon fodder for your agenda"."

How is that "information" though? To me, it's just a random assertion. How does that balance the fact that three women were hounded, harassed and threatened with violence for...what exactly, apart from being women? You say, "corruption" but haven't backed that up at all.

Of course, I could try your trick and just dismiss everything you say by calling you a lying [whatever you are], but there's no fun in it.

And asked that question "Do they do anything else apart from that?"? Despite the fact the fact almost every post in this forum mentioned something else. Because you are one of those lying feminist.


Against The Ideologist
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:31:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:
#Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers. Do they do anything else apart from that?

If that's your opinion of #GamerGate, you don't know what #GamerGate is. Ever heard of the #GamerGate Harassment Patrol? And FTR, plenty of #GamerGaters have been doxxed and threatened as well.

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...

It has already been well established the people she accused of harassing her in 2013 were innocent in that case. There was no 'campaign of abuse'.

The newer issue came about when her ex-boyfriend accused her of cheating on him with five different guys (a true charge), most of them in the gaming industry. This is significant because Quinn had previously condemned people who had extramarital affairs and had said people who have unprotected sex with their partner while having an affair, like she admits she did, are rapists. The controversy was no over her sex life, it was over her being a hypocrite and a liar as well as the close relationship between game developers and game journalists.

At the height of the Gamergate controversy, according to The New Yorker, doxing-related harassment escalated to the point where Quinn, "fearing for her safety, chose to leave her home" and began working with the authorities to identify those responsible... She...later commented...that "I used to go to games events and feel like I was going home... Now it's just like... are any of the people I'm currently in the room with ones that said they wanted to beat me to death?". http://en.wikipedia.org...

Nobody is condoning that - in fact, #GamerGate is actively working to remove harassment before it can even happen.

"...harassment of Sarkeesian reached such high levels that she announced she had been forced to leave her home. She posted on Twitter, "Some very scary threats have just been made against me and my family. Contacting authorities now" followed by a later tweet, "I'm safe. Authorities have been notified. Staying with friends tonight. I'm not giving up. But this harassment of women in tech must stop!"...the affair has become part of the ongoing GamerGate controversy in video game culture." http://en.wikipedia.org...

Sarkeesian's death threats in that case were, mostly likely, fake. The police have no record of her calling them that day, which means she is probably lying.

"In 2014, Wu posted multiple tweets about sexism in video games and the GamerGate controversy...which, according to The Boston Globe, "mocked members of a shadowy and threatening gaming movement called GamerGate, ridiculing them for, among other things, 'fighting an apocalyptic future where women are 8 percent of programmers and not 3 percent'."...Users on the pro-Gamergate chanboard 8chan's gamergate message board (/gg/) began posting personal information about Wu in GamerGate-related discussions, including one post containing her address, and subsequently she began receiving multiple, specific rape and death threats including her address, forcing Wu to flee her home. These threats have been widely attributed to GamerGate supporters...Stating that she would not be intimidated by the threats, Wu continued as an outspoken and notable critic of GamerGate." http://en.wikipedia.org...

Once again - nobody is condoning doxxing and, more importantly, this is happening on both sides. The difference is, anti-gamergate doesn't care about harassment to Pro-gamergate people, while Pro-Gamergaters are actively working to prevent harassment. This is a standard fault of the internet, not #GamerGate.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:40:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 6:56:40 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 11/17/2014 6:48:51 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: That's the Point. Feminist are trying to sell it as harassment and misogyny to mainstream media, to hide the fact that, they are being rejected by the gamers, including the female gamers, for corruption, as to further their goals.

Garbanza : What corruption?

The Fool: Speaking on behalf of female gamers, and using with them, and misogyny, as the excuse, to block their voices. Corruption based on the fact that 10 Journalist reviews was declared gaming culture dead, on the same day, and criticizing it to be Merely white misogynist males.

There's millions responses, and some of the threats may be by feminists themselves, and feminist are cherry picking the "politically incorrect", responses, as representative of the entire community, to hide the fact that they're just being rejected.

And you're doing it right now.

Just like your pretending to ask "Do they do anything else apart from that?" when you know better..

Actually, I just looked on wikipedia. I never heard of #gamergate until I read this thread. I know you'll accuse me of lying, because I've made a statement and that's what you do, so I'm just saying this for anybody apart from you who happens to read this.

The Fool: You're asking a question, "Do they do anything else apart from that?" which has been answered in almost every post. Therefore, you couldn't have actually read anything in the post even know what it is about. Not even the OP..

So you are lying a second time.

That's the Very kind of corruption that they're talking about.

Against The Ideologist

Their uprising against the deceit and dishonesty, by feminists like yourself.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:58:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 5:05:10 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 11/16/2014 3:26:19 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:

The Fool: That clip is fvcking Hilarious. It's so trivial, but the dramatization makes it seem such an "Oh SNAP!!"
<(XD)
---------------------------------------------------------->



It is not very trivial. It was Brianna Wu on Huffington Post with Frederick Brennan aka Hot Wheels. This tranny feminist Wu was demanding that 8chan should remove all posts related to #Gamergate.

So apparently in her warped little mind, removing #Gamergate from Reddit and 4chan wasn't enough. Apparently the attempt to shut down TechRaptor for simply trying to be the moderate wasn't enough either. People like Wu are extremely problematic since they want to behave as totalitarians to shut up discourse.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 7:59:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 7:31:52 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:
#Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers. Do they do anything else apart from that?

If that's your opinion of #GamerGate, you don't know what #GamerGate is. Ever heard of the #GamerGate Harassment Patrol? And FTR, plenty of #GamerGaters have been doxxed and threatened as well.

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...

It has already been well established the people she accused of harassing her in 2013 were innocent in that case. There was no 'campaign of abuse'.

The newer issue came about when her ex-boyfriend accused her of cheating on him with five different guys (a true charge), most of them in the gaming industry. This is significant because Quinn had previously condemned people who had extramarital affairs and had said people who have unprotected sex with their partner while having an affair, like she admits she did, are rapists. The controversy was no over her sex life, it was over her being a hypocrite and a liar as well as the close relationship between game developers and game journalists.

Ok. So she's a hypocrite. But where's the corruption?

One reporter sleeping around to get favors is not symbolic of a corrupt industry.

Comparing the movement to "Watergate" seems an odd title for a movement focusing on one person's personal life.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:05:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 7:59:54 AM, fazz wrote:
At 11/17/2014 7:31:52 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:
#Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers. Do they do anything else apart from that?

If that's your opinion of #GamerGate, you don't know what #GamerGate is. Ever heard of the #GamerGate Harassment Patrol? And FTR, plenty of #GamerGaters have been doxxed and threatened as well.

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...

It has already been well established the people she accused of harassing her in 2013 were innocent in that case. There was no 'campaign of abuse'.

The newer issue came about when her ex-boyfriend accused her of cheating on him with five different guys (a true charge), most of them in the gaming industry. This is significant because Quinn had previously condemned people who had extramarital affairs and had said people who have unprotected sex with their partner while having an affair, like she admits she did, are rapists. The controversy was no over her sex life, it was over her being a hypocrite and a liar as well as the close relationship between game developers and game journalists.

Ok. So she's a hypocrite. But where's the corruption?

One reporter sleeping around to get favors is not symbolic of a corrupt industry.

True. However, that's only one facet - there are blatantly biased writers endorsing political agendas. Reviewers being paid to write good reviews. Writers supporting game devs monetarily and then praising them without revealing COI. Games being given reviews and awards not on merit, but on whether or not the reviewer agrees with its message or thinks it is sexist. Writers having secret failing lists to collectively promote an agenda.

Comparing the movement to "Watergate" seems an odd title for a movement focusing on one person's personal life.

It's not focused on anyone's personal life.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:10:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 8:05:14 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/17/2014 7:59:54 AM, fazz wrote:
At 11/17/2014 7:31:52 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:
#Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers. Do they do anything else apart from that?

If that's your opinion of #GamerGate, you don't know what #GamerGate is. Ever heard of the #GamerGate Harassment Patrol? And FTR, plenty of #GamerGaters have been doxxed and threatened as well.

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...

It has already been well established the people she accused of harassing her in 2013 were innocent in that case. There was no 'campaign of abuse'.

The newer issue came about when her ex-boyfriend accused her of cheating on him with five different guys (a true charge), most of them in the gaming industry. This is significant because Quinn had previously condemned people who had extramarital affairs and had said people who have unprotected sex with their partner while having an affair, like she admits she did, are rapists. The controversy was no over her sex life, it was over her being a hypocrite and a liar as well as the close relationship between game developers and game journalists.

Ok. So she's a hypocrite. But where's the corruption?

One reporter sleeping around to get favors is not symbolic of a corrupt industry.

True. However, that's only one facet - there are blatantly biased writers endorsing political agendas. Reviewers being paid to write good reviews. Writers supporting game devs monetarily and then praising them without revealing COI. Games being given reviews and awards not on merit, but on whether or not the reviewer agrees with its message or thinks it is sexist. Writers having secret failing lists to collectively promote an agenda.

That's a lot of good points. I am sure the evidence is hiding there but Gamergate has not produced any such evidence.

Comparing the movement to "Watergate" seems an odd title for a movement focusing on one person's personal life.

It's not focused on anyone's personal life.

It is focused on the feminists a bit too much. Just ignore the harping hags?
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:13:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 7:59:54 AM, fazz wrote:
Ok. So she's a hypocrite. But where's the corruption?

One reporter sleeping around to get favors is not symbolic of a corrupt industry.

Comparing the movement to "Watergate" seems an odd title for a movement focusing on one person's personal life.

You should of read what I typed to Khaos Mage. But anyways. I will skip the Quinn piece since you seem familiar with that.

EVIDENCE #1 of corruption:
GameJournalPros-The cabal of game journalists who agree on what topics should and should not be discussed. Henceforth, the blackout on Gamergate. Then some how ten articles are written on the same day by writers on different websites stated "gamers are dead." This cabal apparently also blackballs journalists who do things they don't like. This is illegal in many states to conspire to prevent someone from being hired.

EVIDENCE #2 of corruption:
Some game reviewers have donated money to the games they review. Then some how by a mystery of illogic these games get a good review. Purely coincidence? This is why a few of the sites being attacked by #Gamergaters have changed their policy on donations to Patreon and other indie game related bodies.

EVIDENCE #3 of corruption:
EA had 40,000 of their users were hacked and no one noticed. Apparently, an Australian journalist did his own investigating to reveal what EA failed to tell their consumers.

I have plenty of more evidence to be listed if you wish. I just gave a simple three.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:13:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 8:10:56 AM, fazz wrote:
At 11/17/2014 8:05:14 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/17/2014 7:59:54 AM, fazz wrote:
At 11/17/2014 7:31:52 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 11/17/2014 6:18:11 AM, Garbanza wrote:
#Gamergate seems to be about a whole lot of people threatening and harassing women gamers. Do they do anything else apart from that?

If that's your opinion of #GamerGate, you don't know what #GamerGate is. Ever heard of the #GamerGate Harassment Patrol? And FTR, plenty of #GamerGaters have been doxxed and threatened as well.

"In December 2013, while attempting to publish Depression Quest, Quinn reported that she had become the target of harassment, both online and through sexually explicit phone calls... Quinn became the target of a widespread campaign of harassment and abuse...The campaign included the publication of sensitive personal information online and the hacking of her Tumblr account by someone claiming to be from "/v/", the main gaming forum on the 4chan website...These events were the spark igniting a video game controversy that came to be known as Gamergate. Gamergate eventually influenced both the wider video game culture and discussions about feminism and misogyny in the sociology of the Internet...

It has already been well established the people she accused of harassing her in 2013 were innocent in that case. There was no 'campaign of abuse'.

The newer issue came about when her ex-boyfriend accused her of cheating on him with five different guys (a true charge), most of them in the gaming industry. This is significant because Quinn had previously condemned people who had extramarital affairs and had said people who have unprotected sex with their partner while having an affair, like she admits she did, are rapists. The controversy was no over her sex life, it was over her being a hypocrite and a liar as well as the close relationship between game developers and game journalists.

Ok. So she's a hypocrite. But where's the corruption?

One reporter sleeping around to get favors is not symbolic of a corrupt industry.

True. However, that's only one facet - there are blatantly biased writers endorsing political agendas. Reviewers being paid to write good reviews. Writers supporting game devs monetarily and then praising them without revealing COI. Games being given reviews and awards not on merit, but on whether or not the reviewer agrees with its message or thinks it is sexist. Writers having secret failing lists to collectively promote an agenda.

That's a lot of good points. I am sure the evidence is hiding there but Gamergate has not produced any such evidence.

I mean even "evidence" is not necessary to expose a lie. But if someone in your movement could "articulate" it in plain English. That seems to be asking for too much.

Comparing the movement to "Watergate" seems an odd title for a movement focusing on one person's personal life.

It's not focused on anyone's personal life.

It is focused on the feminists a bit too much. Just ignore the harping hags?
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:15:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 8:13:21 AM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 11/17/2014 7:59:54 AM, fazz wrote:
Ok. So she's a hypocrite. But where's the corruption?

One reporter sleeping around to get favors is not symbolic of a corrupt industry.

Comparing the movement to "Watergate" seems an odd title for a movement focusing on one person's personal life.

You should of read what I typed to Khaos Mage. But anyways. I will skip the Quinn piece since you seem familiar with that.

EVIDENCE #1 of corruption:
GameJournalPros-The cabal of game journalists who agree on what topics should and should not be discussed. Henceforth, the blackout on Gamergate. Then some how ten articles are written on the same day by writers on different websites stated "gamers are dead." This cabal apparently also blackballs journalists who do things they don't like. This is illegal in many states to conspire to prevent someone from being hired.

EVIDENCE #2 of corruption:
Some game reviewers have donated money to the games they review. Then some how by a mystery of illogic these games get a good review. Purely coincidence? This is why a few of the sites being attacked by #Gamergaters have changed their policy on donations to Patreon and other indie game related bodies.

EVIDENCE #3 of corruption:
EA had 40,000 of their users were hacked and no one noticed. Apparently, an Australian journalist did his own investigating to reveal what EA failed to tell their consumers.

Keep it coming..
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2014 8:19:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/17/2014 8:15:32 AM, fazz wrote:
Keep it coming..

Are you serious or just joking? I don't mind offering other pieces of evidence but I don't like the idea of giving one side.

If you think most of what #Gamergate is about is feminism or women. Think again. Quinn has not been discussed since August really.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.