Justified Compensation?

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2014 4:03:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

intellectuallyprimitive: Thoughts?

The Fool: It's getting really creepy, where what makes the difference in somebody owing a partner money, is the way they broke up with them. We literally, are ready to redefine the world, to account for how woman feels. Let's forget about the fact that, he had already paid a lot of her debts. Clearly, She was only trying to marry him for money, so he can pay off her debts.

Justice doesn't get any more subjective than "the jerk factor".

The fact that the jury was men, can be even worse against men, because men tend to hold men in more contempt than women, when a man is seen as doing something mean to a woman.

E.g.
A woman is more likely to help the women in distress, and a man is still more likely to help woman in distress. Hopefully things will change.

Marc Rudolph can be over the top sometimes but he is funny..

I don't like the fact that they simply use his opinions to poke fun at men, as opposed to taking it seriously, which is a demonstration of how society really feels towards men's feelings. I guess they're just not important enough.

Against The Ideologist

We are only important as a means.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2014 2:18:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 11/23/2014 4:03:01 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

intellectuallyprimitive: Thoughts?

The Fool: It's getting really creepy, where what makes the difference in somebody owing a partner money, is the way they broke up with them. We literally, are ready to redefine the world, to account for how woman feels. Let's forget about the fact that, he had already paid a lot of her debts. Clearly, She was only trying to marry him for money, so he can pay off her debts.

Justice doesn't get any more subjective than "the jerk factor".

The fact that the jury was men, can be even worse against men, because men tend to hold men in more contempt than women, when a man is seen as doing something mean to a woman.

E.g.
A woman is more likely to help the women in distress, and a man is still more likely to help woman in distress. Hopefully things will change.

Marc Rudolph can be over the top sometimes but he is funny..

I don't like the fact that they simply use his opinions to poke fun at men, as opposed to taking it seriously, which is a demonstration of how society really feels towards men's feelings. I guess they're just not important enough.

Against The Ideologist

We are only important as a means.

According to the woman in the video, emotionally induced decisions are more viable and justifiable than rational or reasonable assessments. I'm not sure what's more reprehensible, seeking her ex-husbands money after he had settled with a portion of her debt and all the while it was her decision to leave her job and move out of state, or defending the woman and justifying the courts decision and deeming it, "making a person whole." In other words, rewarding the woman for her irresponsible behavior because her ex-husband was a jerk.