Jump to topic:

Collegiate Greek Culture is Evil

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 8:33:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Simply put it's true. The mentality, mind sets, attitudes and behaviors being codified and applauded in Greek organizations is shameful. It's leading to rapes, druggings, assaults, cover ups, and hazing deaths. It's really out of control. Whatever benefits people perceive in Greek culture is not worth the price of sexual crimes and lives.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 9:29:08 AM
It's supposed to be about brotherhood (and sisterhood), but it seems more like partners in crime.
My work here is, finally, done.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 10:34:39 AM
At 11/21/2014 9:29:08 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
It's supposed to be about brotherhood (and sisterhood), but it seems more like partners in crime.

And the guise of brother/sisterhood has created an atmosphere where you can do anything you want and they'll have your back. Rape? Sure. Theft? Awesome bro we got you. Drugs? Hit me up man.

It's disgusting.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 10:38:39 AM
At 11/21/2014 10:34:39 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

And the guise of brother/sisterhood has created an atmosphere where you can do anything you want and they'll have your back. Rape? Sure. Theft? Awesome bro we got you. Drugs? Hit me up man.

It's disgusting.

Typical entitlement mentality of Americans.
My work here is, finally, done.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 10:39:43 AM
At 11/21/2014 10:38:39 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/21/2014 10:34:39 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

It's disgusting.

Typical entitlement mentality of Americans.

The sad thing is it's starting to spread and its really starting to hurt people. I know people personally who have been victims of sexual assault at the hands of these people but they're too afraid to speak up. Its really sad. And its starting to really piss me off.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2014 6:48:45 PM
At 11/21/2014 8:33:38 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Simply put it's true. The mentality, mind sets, attitudes and behaviors being codified and applauded in Greek organizations is shameful. It's leading to rapes, druggings, assaults, cover ups, and hazing deaths. It's really out of control. Whatever benefits people perceive in Greek culture is not worth the price of sexual crimes and lives.

http://www.dailyfreethinker.com...

The Fool: It's hardly, Greek Culture...Things are not generally getting worse, we are just is getting hypersensitive.

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL