Jump to topic:

Thought provoking questions

kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 9:12:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm reading up on how to unleash creative thought. I jotted down a few of the questions they had on the site, and thought it would be fun to hear some of your views on a few...

1. What would happen if we could use 100% of our brain potential?
2. What would happen if there was no money in the world? Do you think that crime would be a thing of the past?
3. If I was standing at the magnetic North Pole, can I go in a northern direction?
4. If I was a woman instead of a man ( or vice versa), what would my life be like?
5. If I were a person of pure unconditional love, how would I think,feel,and act, and how different would my life be?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 10:24:16 AM
At 5/11/2010 9:12:44 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I'm reading up on how to unleash creative thought. I jotted down a few of the questions they had on the site, and thought it would be fun to hear some of your views on a few...

I don't have the scientific evidence, but it seems to me that there may be a correlation between intelligence and certain conditions, autism, aspergers, schziophrenia. In addition, using so much of our brain potential may require us to break the barrier between the concious and sub-concious. I wonder if in such an event we would not all be insane or mentally disabled in some way? Just stupid speculation mind you.

2. What would happen if there was no money in the world? Do you think that crime would be a thing of the past?

How does that rule out stealing other peoples stuff or rape?

3. If I was standing at the magnetic North Pole, can I go in a northern direction?

I guess not.

4. If I was a woman instead of a man ( or vice versa), what would my life be like?

So many variables.

5. If I were a person of pure unconditional love, how would I think,feel,and act, and how different would my life be?

You would be in an asylum.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 11:32:13 AM

1. If we could use 100% of our brain then we would all die.
2. A world without money would bring back the "Barter" system.
3. Yes, because you are still light years away from the Polaris.
4. If you were a woman then you would spend your entire life gossiping, shopping and crying.
If you were a man then you would spend your entire life watching tv, playing video games and trying to impress girls.
5. Unconditional Love- Well, you would become another Jesus
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 1:28:46 PM

1. What would happen if we could use 100% of our brain potential? I don't think I'd want to have my brains running at full capacity all the time. Too much excessive thought would drive me crazy.

2. What would happen if there was no money in the world? Do you think that crime would be a thing of the past? I don't think crime would be totally alleviated, if not money, then some other commodity would be used as currency. Probably sex...lol

3. If I was standing at the magnetic North Pole, can I go in a northern direction? I would think that you would fall off the map then...lol

4. If I was a woman instead of a man ( or vice versa), what would my life be like?If I were a woman, I would probably be a virgin. I really can't think of it speaking inside a males body right now. I mean, women receive what men give them, in the sexual sense, I can't fathom that right now

5. If I were a person of pure unconditional love, how would I think,feel,and act, and how different would my life be...If I were a being of pure unconditional love, I probably would be getting hurt alot, and not being bothered by it in the sense that it will keep happening, but I would just be open to hurt so much. I guess it could be a wonderful thing to find no fault in people, but that would also make me feel reluctant to open up to certain people in fear of them taking advantage of me.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2010 1:40:53 PM
At 5/11/2010 1:28:46 PM, kelly224 wrote:

1. What would happen if we could use 100% of our brain potential? I don't think I'd want to have my brains running at full capacity all the time. Too much excessive thought would drive me crazy.

No, you'd die being unable to handle your bodies needs.

2. What would happen if there was no money in the world? Do you think that crime would be a thing of the past? I don't think crime would be totally alleviated, if not money, then some other commodity would be used as currency. Probably sex...lol

Or barter, more than likely.

3. If I was standing at the magnetic North Pole, can I go in a northern direction? I would think that you would fall off the map then...lol

No, in space your still not North.

4. If I was a woman instead of a man ( or vice versa), what would my life be like?If I were a woman, I would probably be a virgin. I really can't think of it speaking inside a males body right now. I mean, women receive what men give them, in the sexual sense, I can't fathom that right now

If I was a woman I'd take every day of school for 'cramps'. Or at least 5 days from month.

5. If I were a person of pure unconditional love, how would I think,feel,and act, and how different would my life be...If I were a being of pure unconditional love, I probably would be getting hurt alot, and not being bothered by it in the sense that it will keep happening, but I would just be open to hurt so much. I guess it could be a wonderful thing to find no fault in people, but that would also make me feel reluctant to open up to certain people in fear of them taking advantage of me.

No, you'd just be completely nice to everyone, and probably end up being killed.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/12/2010 9:50:54 AM
At 5/11/2010 1:40:53 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 5/11/2010 1:28:46 PM, kelly224 wrote:

No, you'd die being unable to handle your bodies needs.

Or barter, more than likely.

No, in space your still not North.

If I was a woman I'd take every day of school for 'cramps'. Or at least 5 days from month.

No, you'd just be completely nice to everyone, and probably end up being killed.

Now your answers...lol
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 3:54:36 AM

1. I would have to use 100% of my brain to think of how I could use 100% of my brain.
2. No. People could still steal material things and commit violent crime.
3. Of course ... the magnetic North Pole is not the true North pole. The true North pole is at 90 degrees north lattitude, which is the northernmost point on Earth and any direction you walk in a straight line is south. The magnetic north pole is about seven degrees shy of the true north pole.
4. Does "I" refer to you (the OP) or "me" (the person answering)?
5. True unconditional love is so easily taken advantage of, regrettably you'd probably be dead by now.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 6:20:12 AM
At 5/13/2010 3:54:36 AM, PervRat wrote:

1. I would have to use 100% of my brain to think of how I could use 100% of my brain.
2. No. People could still steal material things and commit violent crime.
3. Of course ... the magnetic North Pole is not the true North pole. The true North pole is at 90 degrees north lattitude, which is the northernmost point on Earth and any direction you walk in a straight line is south. The magnetic north pole is about seven degrees shy of the true north pole.
4. Does "I" refer to you (the OP) or "me" (the person answering)? You
5. True unconditional love is so easily taken advantage of, regrettably you'd probably be dead by now.