Do you like feminism?

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 12:00:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't.

Would anyone be interested in debating, "The consequences of legislating feminism are detrimental to society." ??????????????
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 12:52:35 AM
At 11/28/2014 12:00:25 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I don't.

Me neither. But it depends on what you mean by "feminism". But the stereo-typical man-hating bigoted feminist... yes I dislike feminism if it's that sort of ideology.

Would anyone be interested in debating, "The consequences of legislating feminism are detrimental to society." ??????????????
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
gomergcc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 5:01:36 AM
feminism:

the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

If its not this than its not feminism. Maybe if women had equality then there wouldn't be feminism. They is still a double standard. When the last time a man was called a slut? I know many man sluts. This works both ways though. Not many women accept a man that wants to be a home maker. Things are better than in the 1940 but it not equal yet.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2014 11:51:32 AM
At 11/28/2014 5:01:36 AM, gomergcc wrote:
feminism:

the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

If its not this than its not feminism. Maybe if women had equality then there wouldn't be feminism. They is still a double standard. When the last time a man was called a slut? I know many man sluts. This works both ways though. Not many women accept a man that wants to be a home maker. Things are better than in the 1940 but it not equal yet.

Feminism and Equal Rights for Men and Women
Part 1
http://www.debate.org...

Part 2
http://www.debate.org...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
paininthenuts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2014 4:56:07 AM
I don't.

================

To be honest, there have been endless threads on feminism, and I for one am pretty fed up with the subject. It's just something ugly lesbians are into, end of story !!
JaneDoe625
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 8:56:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 11/29/2014 4:56:07 AM, paininthenuts wrote:
I don't.

================

To be honest, there have been endless threads on feminism, and I for one am pretty fed up with the subject. It's just something ugly lesbians are into, end of story !!

No it is something every person with any hope for gender equality is into.
I don't bite.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:53:46 PM
I don't.

Quite interested.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 4:55:08 PM
At 11/28/2014 5:01:36 AM, gomergcc wrote:
feminism:

True story.

I'm kind of slutty. I'm not quite a skank, but I have hoeish moments.

It's so true.
HououinKyouma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:04:11 PM
I don't.

Sure.
"Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish to be a devotee of truth, then inquire." F. Nietzsche.

"Freedom is always freedom for the one who thinks differently." R. Luxemburg.

"The principle of the masochistic left is that, in general, two blacks make a white, half a loaf is the same as no bread." G. Orwell, paraphrase.

"Islamophobia is a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons". Andrew Cummins.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 8:57:44 PM
I don't.

I have about the same respect for feminism as I do for masculism. I think they both reflect insecurities of the individuals. I am very secure in my masculinity, and I am gay!!! I really don't understand hetero male insecurity.
gomergcc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 2:55:31 AM

I'm kind of slutty. I'm not quite a skank, but I have hoeish moments.

It's so true.

Same here, I am a proud man slut. I am one of the small group of men that think the term could and should go both ways. Just guys will be proud of that women in general are not. Maybe if men voice it more it may change. I have got a few women to be proud of being a slut. Most guys love sluts, just not skanks. The differences between a slut and a skank:
A slut will still make you work for it. You might get some on the first date but you have to take her out some place nice spend a few hours getting to know her.
A skank will give you some then ask what your name is. lol
gomergcc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:02:48 AM

I have about the same respect for feminism as I do for masculism. I think they both reflect insecurities of the individuals. I am very secure in my masculinity, and I am gay!!! I really don't understand hetero male insecurity.

I am a hetero male and I don't understand it. Even when it is me doing it. I am a hetero male homemaker. Few weeks ago I found my self looking at the kitchen appliances I would like for the holidays. Looked around and notice I was the only hetero male in the aisle. I was like, "I have to get out of here before I am forced to give up my man card." At least I could laugh at my self and know I was being ridiculous. Worse is the I am secure enough to go the the Rocky Horror picture show in full drag for a friends birthday, but I cant look at a new mixer I wanted. lol
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:15:33 PM
I don't.

"Do you like feminism?" What is there to like about rude in your face ugly women?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 6:23:06 PM
At 12/27/2014 6:15:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
I don't.

"Do you like feminism?" What is there to like about rude in your face ugly women?

https://www.youtube.com...
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:53:13 PM
At 12/27/2014 6:23:06 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 12/27/2014 6:15:33 PM, sadolite wrote:
I don't.

https://www.youtube.com...
Wocambs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 6:01:22 AM
I don't.

I don't like it when they start fights knowing their male friends will be the ones doing the fighting.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 4:31:38 PM
Feminism has always been about female supremacy, and as it progressed, has developed an aptitude for misandry. So no, I don't like it.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:13:20 PM
The whole premise is to treat certain categories of people as victims or messiahs in order to grant them special privileges and protection, and oppress those who don't belong in these categories by calling them oppressors.
SirCrona
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 6:31:32 PM
If you dislike Feminists, you're a rational human being who despite their best efforts does not get along with everybody they encounter.
If you dislike Feminism, you dislike equal rights for the sexes.
One of these things is not like the other.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 2:54:20 AM
At 12/29/2014 4:31:38 PM, Zarroette wrote:
Feminism has always been about female supremacy, and as it progressed, has developed an aptitude for misandry. So no, I don't like it.

Oh god. Just stop talking. Seriously.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 2:59:58 AM
I don't.

No, not unless you specifically outlined a definition of feminism that we agreed upon. The problem with feminism (and many if not all other ideologies) is that when you have such a large group of people claiming to be X, that group eventually presents a split in advocation. For example, some Christians believe in the trinity and some don't -- but both identify as Christian. Some libertarians believe in abortion and some don't -- but both identify as libertarian. Likewise some feminists believe in things like affirmative action for women. I personally do NOT support affirmative action while I do identify as a feminist.

The only way this debate will be productive and not turn into a slander-fest where you're relying on people's already biased perspective of feminism (such as the support of misandry) is by specifying which policies you think should not come to fruition. That way you are actually debating the RELEVANT CONTENT of your post instead of a politically charged buzz word that invokes so many visceral reactions.
President of DDO
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 5:39:30 AM
At 1/3/2015 2:59:58 AM, Danielle wrote:
I don't.

No, not unless you specifically outlined a definition of feminism that we agreed upon. The problem with feminism (and many if not all other ideologies) is that when you have such a large group of people claiming to be X, that group eventually presents a split in advocation. For example, some Christians believe in the trinity and some don't -- but both identify as Christian. Some libertarians believe in abortion and some don't -- but both identify as libertarian. Likewise some feminists believe in things like affirmative action for women. I personally do NOT support affirmative action while I do identify as a feminist.

The only way this debate will be productive and not turn into a slander-fest where you're relying on people's already biased perspective of feminism (such as the support of misandry) is by specifying which policies you think should not come to fruition. That way you are actually debating the RELEVANT CONTENT of your post instead of a politically charged buzz word that invokes so many visceral reactions.

Good points. When I have more time freed up, I'll create a list of popular current feminist policies and those that are being discussed, so the debate has focus.

Obviously there's going to be a large chunk of the old equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome debate in there.
neptune1bond
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 5:53:50 AM
At 1/3/2015 5:39:30 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I don't.

Good points. When I have more time freed up, I'll create a list of popular current feminist policies and those that are being discussed, so the debate has focus.

Obviously there's going to be a large chunk of the old equality of opportunity vs equality of outcome debate in there.
If you actually end up doing this debate, please post the link in this thread!
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 6:37:36 AM
At 1/3/2015 2:54:20 AM, Danielle wrote:

Can you stop responding to all my posts? I haven't heard so much crying since I was at Pre-school. Thanks.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 7:12:39 AM
I don't.

Thank you. By this point, "feminism" has lost pretty much all specific meaning - it's used in so many different contexts to describe so many different things that it can't even be defined anymore. It's much more useful to actually specify what you're talking about rather than saying that you're a feminist/anti-feminist.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 7:54:51 AM
I don't.

I try to craft a definition to represent what the most vocal voices in feminism represent. I think that's a fair way to do it.

I've heard the most vocal voices, saying every sexual encounter between a man and a woman is rape, and other absurd things. They've also suggested you kill the mood and ask your date permission to have sex with them.

That's a good way to scare somebody off. What's wrong with the traditional approach of testing the waters by putting your hand on their leg so you can gauge their reaction among other things, but I digress.

The way most people use the word feminism actually causes it to lose all meaning. Literally everybody wants women to be equal. The exceptions to this rule aren't even worth mentioning and don't exist in western society.

You could apply the definition from earlier to fit me and the term feminism probably shouldn't be used to be able to describe womanizers.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:10:58 PM

Do you believe that women should have the same rights/oppurtunities as men?

I would tend to agree with you pertaining to specifically the feminist movement because I've seen a lot of horrifyingly extreme feminist views that rightly give feminism a bad name.

But by definition, anyone who advocates for the the above statement is a feminist. That statement definitely doesn't promote female supremacy.
So what I'm wondering is, do you disagree with the above statement? or do you agree but refuse to advocate for the above statement due to the bad reputation feminists get?

I'd be very interested in debating you on this if you want.
debatability
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 12:15:00 PM
At 12/31/2014 6:31:32 PM, SirCrona wrote:
If you dislike Feminists, you're a rational human being who despite their best efforts does not get along with everybody they encounter.
If you dislike Feminism, you dislike equal rights for the sexes.
One of these things is not like the other.

i really like this. disliking feminists =/= disliking feminism
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:32:19 PM
At 1/3/2015 2:54:20 AM, Danielle wrote:

lol
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:39:36 PM
The only problem I have with feminism is that feminists can be overly reactionary. I don't really care about the affirmative action bit or any of that (I mean, why would anyone really?), but when it comes to things like abortion and women are jumping straight to 'our body, our right!' then there's something very wrong - a child isn't a tyranny of man on woman, ladies; where is this debate going?