Jump to topic:

Beastiality

joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:50:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
"Zoophilia, from the Greek ζῷον (zṓion, "animal") and φιλία (philia, "friendship" or "love"), is the practice of sex between humans and animals (bestiality), or a preference or fixation on such practice. A person who practices zoophilia is known as a zoophile. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beastiality"

Beastiality is perhaps one of the most controversial sexual preferences out there. Many animal rights activists are against it, however can beastiality really be considered animal abuse?

Keep in mind there are only two animals on Earth that have sex for pleasure, humans and dolphins. Also, if done safely, what harm could it possibly cause?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:53:11 PM
The example I use is: If in the future, we can scientifically conclude whether an animal likes what is being done to it or not, and we know that i.e. a dog likes having sex with a human, is it then justified to have sex with the dog, since both the dog and a man enjoy it?

I am still strongly against it. I have discussed such things in the other thread.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 7:55:00 PM
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:06:26 PM
At 5/13/2010 7:50:49 PM, joshpleco23 wrote:
Beastiality is perhaps one of the most controversial sexual preferences out there.
It's the oldest fetish ever. I really fail to understand why it's controversial.
Many animal rights activists are against it, however can beastiality really be considered animal abuse?
What exactly constitutes fair and proper use of animals?

Keep in mind there are only two animals on Earth that have sex for pleasure, humans and dolphins. Also, if done safely, what harm could it possibly cause?

if done safely,

what harm could it possibly cause?

that doesn't look like a question to me.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
joshpleco23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/13/2010 8:10:49 PM
At 5/13/2010 8:06:26 PM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Beastiality is perhaps one of the most controversial sexual preferences out there.
It's the oldest fetish ever. I really fail to understand why it's controversial.
Many animal rights activists are against it, however can beastiality really be considered animal abuse?
What exactly constitutes fair and proper use of animals?

if done safely,

what harm could it possibly cause?

that doesn't look like a question to me.

HAHA! I like you my friend, you seem like the person I can agree with.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 12:27:27 AM

lies. what about bonobos? they are well known for their constant sexual activities...

http://en.wikipedia.org...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 12:41:22 AM
Consensus is harder to establish, but as animals can initiate or choose not to break off such contact then it is not an impossible task.

But then do we care? Animals do not consent to ending their days in pain and being eaten do they?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 10:10:42 AM
I want to have sex with my dog but the first time it so wrooong. please give me an argument to make it sound okay.

Nope afraid I cant, your a sick man.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 10:30:44 AM
At 5/14/2010 12:27:27 AM, belle wrote:

lies. what about bonobos? they are well known for their constant sexual activities...

You just happen to know this little piece of trivia :-)
Anarcho
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 11:45:17 AM
Beastiality is perhaps one of the most controversial sexual preferences out there. Many animal rights activists are against it, however can beastiality really be considered animal abuse?

The same argument could be made for pedophilia.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 11:55:32 AM
At 5/14/2010 10:30:44 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/14/2010 12:27:27 AM, belle wrote:

You just happen to know this little piece of trivia :-)

It's actually pretty well known. One book I read suggested that the lesbian floor shows the Bonobo put on may help explain why the bonobo do not engage in the kind of inter-group warfare that their cousins the Chimpanzee and the Human are prone too.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 12:08:31 PM
Wild Animal Sex for pleasure

Only humans, pigs, cats, dolphins and species of primate are the only species which do so.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 1:59:22 PM
At 5/14/2010 11:45:17 AM, Anarcho wrote:

Yes, but is pedophilia accepted in society? No and nor should beastiality.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:16:20 PM
At 5/14/2010 1:59:22 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
See, some people treat human beings as other animals, so they find no problem with bestiality. Good luck arguing with nonsense, should you ever do.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:18:47 PM

Pedophilia in it's current sense? No. 15 year olds? Sure.

Besides, animals are property. I can do whatever the hell I like with my property.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:20:13 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:18:47 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Besides, animals are property. I can do whatever the hell I like with my property.
I say good luck to your children.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:21:00 PM

I'm no animal rights activist and I hate PETA, but animals are living created so should be treated with at least some respect.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:23:43 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:21:00 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

I'm no animal rights activist and I hate PETA, but animals are living created so should be treated with at least some respect.

A multitude of things are living creatures. Should ants be treated with respect?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:24:49 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:23:43 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
A multitude of things are living creatures. Should ants be treated with respect?
Human beings would suffer from numerous mental issues should they walk looking at the road with a microscope.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:28:17 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:24:49 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/14/2010 3:23:43 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Human beings would suffer from numerous mental issues should they walk looking at the road with a microscope.

Right, but ants are as much a living thing as a cow, or a dog. And if you don't afford these thing rights, well then it's not applicable across the board.

Besides rights only exist when both sides can confirm said right exists, which animals can't. Ergo, animals don't have rights, and rather, only have rights which the owner themselves voluntarily choose to give to their property.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:31:50 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:28:17 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Right, but ants are as much a living thing as a cow, or a dog. And if you don't afford these thing rights, well then it's not applicable across the board.
We should treat animals with care, but we cannot avoid stepping on them.

Besides rights only exist when both sides can confirm said right exists, which animals can't. Ergo, animals don't have rights, and rather, only have rights which the owner themselves voluntarily choose to give to their property.
The rights of animals should not be taken unless it is for proper needs of human beings.
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:33:33 PM
http://www.debate.org...

In this debate I defend Biocentrism, that we should respect animals
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:35:46 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:31:50 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 5/14/2010 3:28:17 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
We should treat animals with care, but we cannot avoid stepping on them.

The rationale being?

The rights of animals should not be taken unless it is for proper needs of human beings.

No, animals can't have rights, as was explained above.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:36:18 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:33:33 PM, Hurstman wrote:

Oh yes hold on while I read your entire debate to figure out your argument
Hurstman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:37:52 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:36:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

If you weren't a douche you'd see that My opponent forfeited 2 of 3 rounds. All you have to read is the first round. I wouldn't make you read more than that, I wouldn't want to over stimulate your fragile brain
Cody_Franklin- "You aren't the sharpest bulb in the box, are you?"

Strikeeagle84015- "Why would you want a sharp bulb?"

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people" --Eleanor Roosevelt
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:41:34 PM
At 5/14/2010 3:37:52 PM, Hurstman wrote:
At 5/14/2010 3:36:18 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

If you weren't a douche you'd see that My opponent forfeited 2 of 3 rounds. All you have to read is the first round. I wouldn't make you read more than that, I wouldn't want to over stimulate your fragile brain

Oh sorry for not assuming I would only have to read one round of a debate to get the message.

Seriously, I'm not going to start quoting that debate. Either post a summarised version here, or drop the argument, because that's why we post things, and even *gasp* quote our sources.