Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 4:35:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/1/2014 2:41:41 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
How insane are these people?

http://kdvr.com...

There must be more to the story than what is portrayed. Requesting an apology would be reasonable but since it appears that an apology was demanded, demanding seems to be a bit excessive. Additionally, requesting punishment seems to be unwarranted. As foolish as they demonstrate themselves to be, their actions are not punishable as protected by the constitution.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 1:44:16 PM
At 12/1/2014 4:35:44 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

There must be more to the story than what is portrayed. Requesting an apology would be reasonable but since it appears that an apology was demanded, demanding seems to be a bit excessive. Additionally, requesting punishment seems to be unwarranted. As foolish as they demonstrate themselves to be, their actions are not punishable as protected by the constitution.

They "demanded" punishment by the NFL, which the constitution does not protect against. That really isn't that uncommon for NFL fans. After all, it is fans that are complaining about the Redskins name and demanding change, not the local Native Americans.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 9:34:55 PM
Maybe they're considering it slander? Rush Limbaugh made a point about this today...

NOOOO!!!!!! THE AGONY!!!! THE NAME BURNS US!!!!!

Settle down. Even people you hate can make valid points. He pointed out that when he was a guest commentator, the NFL was strict about not being political. It doesn't help that EVERYTHING is political these days, but if they want to avoid political controversies, they ought to tell the players not to make statements about a political manner (court case) during an official NFL event. Do it on their own time.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 10:26:19 PM
At 12/1/2014 9:34:55 PM, Skynet wrote:
Maybe they're considering it slander? Rush Limbaugh made a point about this today...

Settle down. Even people you hate can make valid points. He pointed out that when he was a guest commentator, the NFL was strict about not being political. It doesn't help that EVERYTHING is political these days, but if they want to avoid political controversies, they ought to tell the players not to make statements about a political manner (court case) during an official NFL event. Do it on their own time.

Anyone that gets fired from their broadcasting job for political correctness problems in their first week (Rush Limbaugh) should not be referred to for political correctness.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2014 10:43:09 PM
At 12/1/2014 1:44:16 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They "demanded" punishment by the NFL, which the constitution does not protect against. That really isn't that uncommon for NFL fans. After all, it is fans that are complaining about the Redskins name and demanding change, not the local Native Americans.

I'd love to debate you sometime.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 12:14:54 AM
At 12/1/2014 10:43:09 PM, kbub wrote:

I'd love to debate you sometime.

You're gonna have to wait.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Skynet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:11:24 PM
At 12/1/2014 10:26:19 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
At 12/1/2014 9:34:55 PM, Skynet wrote:

Anyone that gets fired from their broadcasting job for political correctness problems in their first week (Rush Limbaugh) should not be referred to for political correctness.

Being politically correct and staying out of politics is two separate things. If the policy is that employees refrain from political commentary while at work, the NFL should not run interference for them when they break the NFL's own rules.
One perk to being a dad is you get to watch cartoons again without explaining yourself.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:47:30 PM

Pretty bad.

This whole situation frustrates me. The fact that no one other than Rev. Al Sharpton is talking about how the cop should have de-escalated the situation, as well as the fact that so many of the white people I know are siding with the cop, disgusts me.
Tsar of DDO
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:49:02 PM
At 12/2/2014 10:47:30 PM, YYW wrote:

Pretty bad.

This whole situation frustrates me. The fact that no one other than Rev. Al Sharpton is talking about how the cop should have de-escalated the situation, as well as the fact that so many of the white people I know are siding with the cop, disgusts me.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2014 10:52:46 PM

The redskins controversy is absurd....
Tsar of DDO
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 8:41:07 AM

You are correct, albeit I was referring to punishment beyond NFL confines, although they did demand punishment from the NFL.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2014 8:42:39 AM
At 12/2/2014 10:52:46 PM, YYW wrote:

The redskins controversy is absurd....

I agree, the controversy is absurd. The name of the organization "Redskins", is not.