Jump to topic:

Obsession?

wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2014 5:37:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am puzzled by the evident obsession some (a vocal minority) of heterosexuals have for attacking homosexuality. I cannot recall ANY homosexuals attacking heterosexuality
. Note: I not saying homosexuals don't attack heterosexuals based on the heterosexual's opinions on homosexuality. I am saying homosexuals don't attack heterosexuals merely on the basis that they ARE heterosexual.

So what is the obsession about?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 9:44:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/6/2014 5:37:19 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
I am puzzled by the evident obsession some (a vocal minority) of heterosexuals have for attacking homosexuality. I cannot recall ANY homosexuals attacking heterosexuality
. Note: I not saying homosexuals don't attack heterosexuals based on the heterosexual's opinions on homosexuality. I am saying homosexuals don't attack heterosexuals merely on the basis that they ARE heterosexual.

Religious bias, prejudice, and homophobia. Those are the reasons that I have personally observed. And I've pretty much listed it in order from the most likely to do it to least. In all cases it's pure ignorance.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2014 12:47:59 PM

There are vocal minorities of all kinds that attack many things with vigor. What is it with people's obession about pointing out that it also happens to homosexuality?
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 9:53:17 PM
At 12/7/2014 12:47:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

There are vocal minorities of all kinds that attack many things with vigor. What is it with people's obession about pointing out that it also happens to homosexuality?

You make a valid point. So let's expand the question to why they are so obsessed with attacking minorities?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 10:44:58 PM
At 12/8/2014 9:53:17 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

You make a valid point. So let's expand the question to why they are so obsessed with attacking minorities?

Who is obsessed with attacking minorities?
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2014 11:11:34 PM
At 12/8/2014 10:44:58 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Yes indeed !!! Who and why? What are their motives? Is it just bullying? Arrogance? Low self-esteem ? What do they hope to gain?
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 9:39:36 AM
At 12/8/2014 11:11:34 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Yes indeed !!! Who and why? What are their motives? Is it just bullying? Arrogance? Low self-esteem ? What do they hope to gain?

Oh just people in general? Well it's because they're easy targets. They aren't generally as integrated/accepted/powerful in society so for any number of reasons a person who must attack others will logically pick an outcast or minority group out of ease.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2014 5:30:32 PM

-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
kawaii_crazy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 5:20:21 PM
At 12/8/2014 11:11:34 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Why, there are many reasons for this sort of bullying and singling out of minorities. There is the common one: jealousy. There are others such as hatred and low confidence. But in this case, people bully homosexuals due to our inability to accept others' differences. Humans' ignorance and stubborness keeps people from accepting anyone who is different: whether of a different sexuality, ethnicity, gender, or religion.
"Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often." -Ashley Purdy

Please help raise money for a Christmas gift for airmax (although he is Jewish, as YYW pointed out). He is in desperate need of a new laptop, and he has done so much for this site; he certainly deserves one. :)
http://www.debate.org...
phiLockeraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 5:36:10 PM

Religion, and fear of that which is different. A gay person is probably going to see tons of heterosexuals, so he's used to them. Simple, unfortunate, but true.
"Philosophy is a great conversation that never ends"

Writing for this website ----> www.dailyfreethinker.com