Jump to topic:

Taking Personal Responsibility

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 4:37:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My walk to work in the morning takes me alongside a renovated dock.

http://maps.google.co.uk...

This morning, a man was walking towards me, totally engrossed in his i-Phone and not looking where he was going.

To be honest, I am sick and tired of getting out of people's way because they are texting or playing games or surfing the internet as they walk so I stuck to my course and didn't alter my pace.

In the ensuing collision, the moron with i-Phone fell over and his phone went flying.

What really made me gasp with astonishment as I walked over him was that he said that I should have looked where I was going!

What he really meant, of course, was that I should have looked where he was going and got out his way.

Why? He should take personal responsibility for himself.

I was so amazed at his effrontery that I didn't really feel sorry when realised that I had inadvertently stamped on his i-Phone and accidentally kicked it into the water.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 7:16:02 AM
At 5/18/2010 4:37:11 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

This morning, a man was walking towards me, totally engrossed in his i-Phone and not looking where he was going.

To be honest, I am sick and tired of getting out of people's way because they are texting or playing games or surfing the internet as they walk so I stuck to my course and didn't alter my pace.

In the ensuing collision, the moron with i-Phone fell over and his phone went flying.

What really made me gasp with astonishment as I walked over him was that he said that I should have looked where I was going!

What he really meant, of course, was that I should have looked where he was going and got out his way.

I was so amazed at his effrontery that I didn't really feel sorry when realised that I had inadvertently stamped on his i-Phone and accidentally kicked it into the water.

+over 9000 win points to you good sir.

Did you tell him off?
I'm back.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 7:49:38 AM
This is for you, my friend:

http://knowyourmeme.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 8:07:42 AM
You know what you should've done?

Stood there.

You can't blame stationary objects for collisions :P
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 8:13:22 AM
At 5/18/2010 8:07:42 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Stood there.

That's exactly what i do in those situations.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 8:15:16 AM
I have this problem all the time on campus. One of these days someone's going to get hit by a bus lol They are seriously idiots.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 8:16:43 AM
At 5/18/2010 8:15:16 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
I have this problem all the time on campus. One of these days someone's going to get hit by a bus lol They are seriously idiots.

Darwinism
President of DDO
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 8:19:12 AM
At 5/18/2010 8:15:16 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
This actually happens when they listen to loud music.

There was once a young male who got hit by a train because he did not hear it coming to to loud music.

Nevertheless, whether one listens to music or is SMS'ing , he should simply pay attention to what is going on around him, no matter of what.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 8:31:56 AM
At 5/18/2010 7:16:02 AM, BigMac wrote:
At 5/18/2010 4:37:11 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

+over 9000 win points to you good sir.

Did you tell him off?

Not really. Anyway, I think the loss of his phone would have taught him a lesson!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 10:36:58 AM
Conversely I am weak, I spend my whole life stepping out of the way of people or letting them pass. As a result a short trip to the shops may take three days.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2010 3:12:42 PM
At 5/18/2010 8:07:42 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:

Stood there.

that's brilliant.
signature
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2010 2:06:58 AM
This post doesn't make sense
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell