Total Posts:241|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sexodus

DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:39:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

inb4 sexist.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2014 8:45:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:39:39 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

inb4 sexist.
Please explain.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:51:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:39:39 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

inb4 sexist.

Yes, please explain your pre-emptive assumption that this post would attract sexist opinions?
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 11:52:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

Not necessarily smarter, but aware.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:12:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Why bother trying to work out what a woman wants, when you can play sports, masturbate or just play video games from the comfort of your bedroom?"

Yes, because those are the only four options. Lol. Icky.
suttichart.denpruektham
Posts: 1,115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:05:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

I am no fan of a feminist, in a sense I don't even believe in sexual equality - but your so called "sexual expressions", are often just poor excuse for sexual rudeness.

the greatest virtue if masculinity - ambition, audacity, resolution, and control, are welcomed any where or at least from where I came from. I may not agree with feminist in most of their agendas but at least from what I seen, your western society is just far too rude and if they can take sexual harassment out of the picture of our masculinity? That's sound like some thing I could agree in the end.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:51:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I agree that ritalin is overprescribed, and that the education system could be a lot better especially in terms of accommodating different ways of learning. But it's counterproductive to reduce it to a simple issue if sexism and gender. It's bigger and more complicated than that. We have to acknowledge that schools are about child minding and keeping children off the streets, and secondly for training them to adapt to mostly uninspiring work environments. I'm not trying to be overly cynical, but I think that whenever there's a massive gap between rhetoric and reality, we start to get problems such as children being unnecessarily drugged up.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:02:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 12:12:19 AM, Garbanza wrote:
"Why bother trying to work out what a woman wants, when you can play sports, masturbate or just play video games from the comfort of your bedroom?"

Yes, because those are the only four options. Lol. Icky.

I love being gay :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:16:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 4:02:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 12:12:19 AM, Garbanza wrote:
"Why bother trying to work out what a woman wants, when you can play sports, masturbate or just play video games from the comfort of your bedroom?"

Yes, because those are the only four options. Lol. Icky.

I love being gay :)

Lol :)
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:35:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

I think this is nonsensical. I'm a gamer and I'm a professional. I've traveled to Europe as part of my job and Central America to visit my family. In all of those places, it did not prove a challenge to get the attention of a woman. This isn't to say that I'm especially attractive or interesting or anything. It just isn't that hard. Men who have a hard time with women are usually just too sensitive, or have problems they're not willing to acknowledge or approach. Plainly, good things are hard to get, and if you're not in the kind of shape to attract women, for example, then fix that. But, I've definitely seen heavy guys and really skinny guys get laid, too. In fact, I've been both -- really skinny and rather chubby. Didn't really affect my sex life, except when my insecurities got in the way.

The other assertions made in the article are outright preposterous. Women are still paid significantly less than men, and although they tend to be well educated, are still a minority in the workforce, and especially in the upper echelons of management.

The article, if its taking itself seriously, is a travesty.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:52:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 8:35:00 AM, Such wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

Such: I think this is nonsensical. I'm a gamer and I'm a professional. I've traveled to Europe as part of my job and Central America to visit my family. In all of those places, it did not prove a challenge to get the attention of a woman.

The Fool: I don't think it's about getting the attention of women. As opposed to not caring about being with women. The article itself is actually "hit piece" on MGTOW. They are trying to demonize it before it's mainstream..

Such: This isn't to say that I'm especially attractive or interesting or anything. It just isn't that hard. Men who have a hard time with women are usually just too sensitive, or have problems they're not willing to acknowledge or approach. Plainly, good things are hard to get, and if you're not in the kind of shape to attract women, for example, then fix that. But, I've definitely seen heavy guys and really skinny guys get laid, too. In fact, I've been both -- really skinny and rather chubby.

The Fool: Tell that to women.. No-no, tell it to a feminist..
<(8D)

Such: Didn't really affect my sex life, except when my insecurities got in the way.

The Fool: it's not about insecurities but accepting oneself for who they are. There trying to give the impression that men who reject marriage, and/or relationship with women are weak and/or afraid and or stupid.

Such: : The other assertions made in the article are outright preposterous. Women are still paid significantly less than men, and although they tend to be well educated, are still a minority in the workforce, and especially in the upper echelons of management.

The Fool: That's not for the same work, and/or for the same education.. Gender studies, and art degrees, Don't make that much money.. Secondly, Men's money is more likely to be spread across the family. While men, On average hardly spend any Women's money at all.

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:24:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 4:02:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 12:12:19 AM, Garbanza wrote:
"Why bother trying to work out what a woman wants, when you can play sports, masturbate or just play video games from the comfort of your bedroom?"

Yes, because those are the only four options. Lol. Icky.

I love being gay :)

The Fool: If I only had it so easy.
<(8O)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:37:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 2:05:02 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
At 12/13/2014 8:12:42 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Modern society has failed our young men it would seem. Or maybe they are becoming smarter. Thoughts?

http://www.breitbart.com...

https://www.youtube.com...

I am no fan of a feminist, in a sense I don't even believe in sexual equality - but your so called "sexual expressions", are often just poor excuse for sexual rudeness.

the greatest virtue if masculinity - ambition, audacity, resolution, and control, are welcomed any where or at least from where I came from. I may not agree with feminist in most of their agendas but at least from what I seen, your western society is just far too rude and if they can take sexual harassment out of the picture of our masculinity? That's sound like some thing I could agree in the end.

The Fool: Perhaps your masculinity.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:57:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are a lot of men who made it, and men (especially white men) continue to make it in the world, and are far further ahead than even white women. But, the article raises an interesting point for what the boys born from 1989-2015 will face, as they enter their careers.

Most young men born in 1989-1995 (who are 18 or so to 25 now) grew up in culture where adderall was not only common, but an acceptable chemical straightjacket to keep boys from acting out of line. A considerable percentage of them did not go to college, and will not go to college, either because they didn't have the grades in high school or because they have no interest in it.

Of the ones that are going to college, not all of their futures are bright. They're going to be strapped with student loan debt for a large majority of the rest of their life, and will live as intended servants to what will essentially become a mortgage on their earning capacity. Why the United States has not followed in Europe's footsteps regarding colleges escapes me... or, actually it doesn't. It's the Republican Party's fault.

The student loan problem is not unique to boys, but the college-drop out rate is higher among boys than girls. The problem with dropping out of college is that not only is ones earning capacity not increased with only a few credit hours, but it's actually diminished because it's a character blight that employers readily perceive on resumes. Oh, this guy dropped out because he thinks he's the next Bill Gates? Well, let him work out of his parent's garage. He's too much of a risk to hire.

I see the people who I went to high school with (and even some I went to college with) and only a few are on track to "make it" and of those that are "on track," quite a few of them will fail. It's not that they're bad people, it's that they get crushed under the weight. The thing is, though, that that's life. There may be new problems in this generation, but that only means that the problems are different -not that they're insurmountable.

Life is, in so many ways, so much better than it was in generations before, and when I see articles like this, which advance perspectives like the one I've seen here.... what scares me the most is what it means for MEN. To be a man is to take responsibility for your life and your choices. It is to be respectful of others and to take ownership of your life. It is to have a job that you work hard at and hope that somewhere along the way you're lucky enough to find someone to share your life with.

So, I agree that manhood is in jeopardy, but it's not because of feminism. It's because boys either never grow up, or they grow into bitches. The problem is not feminism; it's that men have become bitches who make excuses for why their lives didn't turn out the way they wanted rather than fight with everything in them to make their own lives better.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 2:57:57 PM, YYW wrote:

So, I agree that manhood is in jeopardy, but it's not because of feminism. It's because boys either never grow up, or they grow into bitches. The problem is not feminism; it's that men have become bitches who make excuses for why their lives didn't turn out the way they wanted rather than fight with everything in them to make their own lives better.

I think bitches is a load word in this context, as it implies that they've somehow become effeminate (just as a b!tch is a "female" dog.) I am not sure that is the word choice best employed here, unless that's what you meant.

Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:16:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 2:57:57 PM, YYW wrote:

So, I agree that manhood is in jeopardy, but it's not because of feminism. It's because boys either never grow up, or they grow into bitches. The problem is not feminism; it's that men have become bitches who make excuses for why their lives didn't turn out the way they wanted rather than fight with everything in them to make their own lives better.

I think bitches is a load word in this context, as it implies that they've somehow become effeminate (just as a b!tch is a "female" dog.) I am not sure that is the word choice best employed here, unless that's what you meant.

I'm not sure "bitch" implies effeminate, but what I meant there was "one who complains about problems and does nothing about it."

Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.

I think everyone complains; and complaining is fine, within reason. The problem is when people complain, and are unwilling to take steps to address their problems.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:19:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:16:22 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.

I think everyone complains; and complaining is fine, within reason. The problem is when people complain, and are unwilling to take steps to address their problems.

I think I do that not infrequently. I definitely agree that's when complaints reach the problem point, though.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:21:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:19:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:16:22 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.

I think everyone complains; and complaining is fine, within reason. The problem is when people complain, and are unwilling to take steps to address their problems.

I think I do that not infrequently. I definitely agree that's when complaints reach the problem point, though.

We all do at least sometimes, when we can't do anything to address our problems, and truly are helpless.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:23:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:21:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:19:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:16:22 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.

I think everyone complains; and complaining is fine, within reason. The problem is when people complain, and are unwilling to take steps to address their problems.

I think I do that not infrequently. I definitely agree that's when complaints reach the problem point, though.

We all do at least sometimes, when we can't do anything to address our problems, and truly are helpless.

I probably do it a bit more than I ought, lol. But, I am aware of that problem, so hopefully I won't just complain about it ;) (oh, the irony).
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:24:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 2:24:30 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 12/15/2014 4:02:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 12:12:19 AM, Garbanza wrote:
"Why bother trying to work out what a woman wants, when you can play sports, masturbate or just play video games from the comfort of your bedroom?"

Yes, because those are the only four options. Lol. Icky.

I love being gay :)

The Fool: If I only had it so easy.
<(8O)

Lol...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:26:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:23:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:21:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:19:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:16:22 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.

I think everyone complains; and complaining is fine, within reason. The problem is when people complain, and are unwilling to take steps to address their problems.

I think I do that not infrequently. I definitely agree that's when complaints reach the problem point, though.

We all do at least sometimes, when we can't do anything to address our problems, and truly are helpless.

I probably do it a bit more than I ought, lol. But, I am aware of that problem, so hopefully I won't just complain about it ;) (oh, the irony).

You're not a compaliner, though, or if you are I haven't noticed.... and if you were, I think I would have noticed by now.

Sometimes you have legitimate grievances with people and things, but usually those are justified.

You're, at the same time, not the kind of person who is going to be in a position where the costs of taking some action (as you perceive them) do not outweigh the benefits of remediating that situation which you don't do something about.

After all, you're in college, you're a good student and you work hard.

The people I'm talking about are the ones who are not in college, because they never applied themselves in high school or because they're too lazy to apply themselves now.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:31:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:51:10 AM, Garbanza wrote:
I agree that ritalin is overprescribed, and that the education system could be a lot better especially in terms of accommodating different ways of learning. But it's counterproductive to reduce it to a simple issue if sexism and gender. It's bigger and more complicated than that. We have to acknowledge that schools are about child minding and keeping children off the streets, and secondly for training them to adapt to mostly uninspiring work environments. I'm not trying to be overly cynical, but I think that whenever there's a massive gap between rhetoric and reality, we start to get problems such as children being unnecessarily drugged up.

I agree with every word of that. Very well said.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:31:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 3:26:20 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:23:07 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:21:38 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:19:06 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:16:22 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:03:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Certainly, I feel like some guys grow up into whiners and complainers, but I don't necessarily equate that with a loss in manhood.

I think everyone complains; and complaining is fine, within reason. The problem is when people complain, and are unwilling to take steps to address their problems.

I think I do that not infrequently. I definitely agree that's when complaints reach the problem point, though.

We all do at least sometimes, when we can't do anything to address our problems, and truly are helpless.

I probably do it a bit more than I ought, lol. But, I am aware of that problem, so hopefully I won't just complain about it ;) (oh, the irony).

You're not a compaliner, though, or if you are I haven't noticed.... and if you were, I think I would have noticed by now.

Okay.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:43:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Never thought I'd see the day where a Breitbart could be right about something. But it is. Our society is hyper-medicated to a dangerous degree. (I think that's part of why I liked The Dreamseller so much - it was the first book I read that really addressed that.)
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:05:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
YYW: So, I agree that manhood is in jeopardy, but it's not because of feminism. It's because boys either never grow up, or they grow into bitches.

The Fool: Besides the misandrous connotations here, If what you say is true, then have been what has changed in society, to be the cause of that?

YYW: The problem is not feminism; it's that men have become bitches who make excuses for why their lives didn't turn out the way they wanted rather than fight with everything in them to make their own lives better.

The Fool: You are in complete denial.. We have seen, nothing but 50 years of the male bashing and the demonization of masculinity and you don't think that has any effect on boys in the culture. We have a culture which teaches that, when our something to be prized simply for being themselves, and that men are so intolerable that they must be condition, by feminism, before they can be accepted.

The education system in the last 50 years, has changed teaching styles and environment particularly, to evolve around, advanced and encourage female students, while completely neglecting male students.

Boys are not even allowed to play dodgeball anymore because it's considered too violent. I read an article about a 12-year-old boy killed himself the other day, because he was teased. That would not happen, 10 years ago. We have been so sensitive, that they kill themselves over nothing. Because all we do is teach boys to not bully, and at the same time of completely forgotten to teach them how to stand up to bullies.

You don't think this is a result for the overvaluing of femininity and demonization of masculinity, which no one can deny is perpetuated by feminism. They are not letting boys being boys but forcing them to be like girl.

They are even considering taking out point and scores in gym class and/or sports, so that students don't feel bad for not performing as well..

Against The Ideologist

You're in denial. Don't even get me started.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:08:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
*We have a culture which teaches that [WOMAN] our something to be prized simply for being themselves, and that men are so intolerable that they must be condition, by feminism, before they can be accepted.

And men are saying "you know what? Get off your pedestal. You're really not that much of a prize!"
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
YYW
Posts: 36,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:16:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 4:05:37 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
You don't think this is a result for the overvaluing of femininity and demonization of masculinity, which no one can deny is perpetuated by feminism. They are not letting boys being boys but forcing them to be like girl.

Do I think that's the sole cause? No.
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:22:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 4:16:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 12/15/2014 4:05:37 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
You don't think this is a result for the overvaluing of femininity and demonization of masculinity, which no one can deny is perpetuated by feminism. They are not letting boys being boys but forcing them to be like girl.

Do I think that's the sole cause? No.

The Fool: But it is a result of feminism. And just like feminism treats men and women by putting all the agency on men, and denying women's agency in any problem Feminism denies its own agency as being a part of the cause of any problem.

Let me guess, It's the fault of the "Patriachy" not feminism? Were sick of that shlt!

It's better to argue that it's not perfect and there are problems then to argue that it does not have anything to do with it.. It is part of the problem.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 4:28:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 4:05:37 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
YYW: So, I agree that manhood is in jeopardy, but it's not because of feminism. It's because boys either never grow up, or they grow into bitches.

The Fool: Besides the misandrous connotations here, If what you say is true, then have been what has changed in society, to be the cause of that?

YYW: The problem is not feminism; it's that men have become bitches who make excuses for why their lives didn't turn out the way they wanted rather than fight with everything in them to make their own lives better.

The Fool: You are in complete denial.. We have seen, nothing but 50 years of the male bashing and the demonization of masculinity and you don't think that has any effect on boys in the culture. We have a culture which teaches that, when our something to be prized simply for being themselves, and that men are so intolerable that they must be condition, by feminism, before they can be accepted.

The education system in the last 50 years, has changed teaching styles and environment particularly, to evolve around, advanced and encourage female students, while completely neglecting male students.

Boys are not even allowed to play dodgeball anymore because it's considered too violent. I read an article about a 12-year-old boy killed himself the other day, because he was teased. That would not happen, 10 years ago. We have been so sensitive, that they kill themselves over nothing. Because all we do is teach boys to not bully, and at the same time of completely forgotten to teach them how to stand up to bullies.

You don't think this is a result for the overvaluing of femininity and demonization of masculinity, which no one can deny is perpetuated by feminism. They are not letting boys being boys but forcing them to be like girl.

Or we can, you know, do away with harmful constructions like masculinity and femininity and teach people that it's okay to be who they are individually, allowing them to define themselves rather than arbitrarily categorizing them into absurd gendered stereotypes.

They are even considering taking out point and scores in gym class and/or sports, so that students don't feel bad for not performing as well..

Against The Ideologist

You're in denial. Don't even get me started.