Rape accusations against Bill cosby?

intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 12:00:21 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 6:38:48 PM, Fanny wrote:
Do you believe the rape accusations against Bill Cosby?

Why or why not?

I don't perceive any testimony devoid of evidence credible. Bill Cosby is innocent until proven guilty, not the inverse.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 1:31:27 PM
The Fool: I'm pretty sure he's guilty for some of it. As for the extent I'm not sure. However, I don't think he intended to hurt them. I think he was just a celebrity, who had the money and the fame, not very good-looking, and couldn't control his sexual appetite. I don't really know what they expect to do with him. Put a 72-year-old black man in jail? He could die tomorrow of natural causes. Black people don't live that long..

Against The Ideologist

I think they want his money.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:18:40 PM

Why or why not?

I'm inclined to believe them, as it is too late to prosecute, and is likely too late (or lost cause to) to sue.
Does he even have money?
My work here is, finally, done.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:27:03 PM
At 12/15/2014 2:18:40 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why or why not?

I'm inclined to believe them, as it is too late to prosecute, and is likely too late (or lost cause to) to sue.
Does he even have money?

The Fool: He is a multi-millionaire. They are trying everything they can to get around the late prosecution.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:45:09 PM
At 12/15/2014 2:27:03 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Why or why not?

Does he even have money?

The Fool: He is a multi-millionaire. They are trying everything they can to get around the late prosecution.

Cool. It's nice to see someone who came from little (I'm assuming based on parents' jobs) to actually retain their wealth. So refreshing.

But, it seems they cannot sue, either, unless the laws used to offer more time. (I'm assuming California was the jurisdiction)
http://statelaws.findlaw.com...
My work here is, finally, done.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:47:54 PM
At 12/15/2014 2:45:09 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 12/15/2014 2:27:03 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Why or why not?

Does he even have money?

Cool. It's nice to see someone who came from little (I'm assuming based on parents' jobs) to actually retain their wealth. So refreshing.

But, it seems they cannot sue, either, unless the laws used to offer more time. (I'm assuming California was the jurisdiction)
http://statelaws.findlaw.com...

The Fool: I know that is the law.. So is due process,.. but they're trying to use sensationalism to override it. Plus one women, was under 18 at the time and so they're trying to use that to get around it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:52:55 PM
"According to celebritynetworth.com, Bill Cosby is worth $400 million, and yes, it"s pertinent. "

http://www.avoiceformen.com...
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:09:31 PM

Why or why not?

You have to ask yourself; Are all these women lying? I believe there are like 13 to 14 women now. I find it hard to believe that 13 to 14 women are all just plan horrible people. Not that there aren't 113 to 14 horrible people in the world. I just don't see that happening in this situation.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:18:50 PM
At 12/15/2014 1:31:27 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: I'm pretty sure he's guilty for some of it. As for the extent I'm not sure. However, I don't think he intended to hurt them. I think he was just a celebrity, who had the money and the fame, not very good-looking, and couldn't control his sexual appetite. I don't really know what they expect to do with him. Put a 72-year-old black man in jail? He could die tomorrow of natural causes. Black people don't live that long..

Against The Ideologist

But if these accusations are false and they just want money, why Bill Cosby? Why not some other rich person who doesn't have such a positive and trusting public persona? There are far better targets for a baseless smear campaign, like Kobe Bryant.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:20:55 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:18:50 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Against The Ideologist

But if these accusations are false and they just want money, why Bill Cosby? Why not some other rich person who doesn't have such a positive and trusting public persona? There are far better targets for a baseless smear campaign, like Kobe Bryant.

"I'm pretty sure he's guilty for some of it."

Because, there has already been some accusations..
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:22:55 PM
The Fool: It's like Michael Jackson.. Once you Already have had some accusations. You can keep adding accusations, and people assume it must be true, because other people have accused him. And there's nothing they can do about it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:24:02 PM
The Fool: That happened with Bill Clinton as well. After Monica Lewinsky incident, more the woman started accusing him.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:24:08 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:20:55 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Against The Ideologist

And becuase Hannibal Buress brought it up during one of his shows.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:10:29 PM

Why or why not?

I doubt that they're all true. What is this like 30 women so far. What's the chances of one not being full of crap?

I'm not sure if Cosby is actually a rapist but I think it's sad how people are ruined by mere accusations. The guy has a right to due process.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:12:47 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:24:02 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
That happened with Bill Clinton as well. After Monica Lewinsky incident, more the woman started accusing him.

fixed
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:19:36 PM
Probably not. Most of them--if not all of them--are just saying this in order to get money from a potential lawsuit, 'copy cats'. I would not doubt if some of them have had sex with him in the past--though, it was probably consensual (you know, because he is rich).

I mean, maybe he is guilty, but probably not.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 10:36:12 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:24:08 PM, Df0512 wrote:

Against The Ideologist

But if these accusations are false and they just want money, why Bill Cosby?
Why not some other rich person who doesn't have such a positive and trusting public persona? There are far better targets for a baseless smear campaign, like Kobe Bryant.

Df0512 : And becuase Hannibal Buress brought it up during one of his shows.

The Fool: The second answer was for a different question.

Df0512 : But if these accusations are false and they just want money, why Bill Cosby?

The Fool: My point Is that you are straw manning me. I didn't say they were false accusations. You created for your self that I said that.!

I'm getting sick of this..

Df0512: Why not some other rich person who doesn't have such a positive and trusting public persona? There are far better targets for a baseless smear campaign, like Kobe Bryant.

The Fool:, Because Already been accused.

Df0512: And becuase Hannibal Buress brought it up during one of his shows.

The Fool: Yet that's why I said, "I'm pretty sure he's guilty of some of it."

Sick of this!!!!!!!
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 7:15:53 PM
At 12/15/2014 10:36:12 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:24:08 PM, Df0512 wrote:

Against The Ideologist

But if these accusations are false and they just want money, why Bill Cosby?
Why not some other rich person who doesn't have such a positive and trusting public persona? There are far better targets for a baseless smear campaign, like Kobe Bryant.

Df0512 : And becuase Hannibal Buress brought it up during one of his shows.

The Fool: The second answer was for a different question.

Df0512 : But if these accusations are false and they just want money, why Bill Cosby?

The Fool: My point Is that you are straw manning me. I didn't say they were false accusations. You created for your self that I said that.!

I'm getting sick of this..

Df0512: Why not some other rich person who doesn't have such a positive and trusting public persona? There are far better targets for a baseless smear campaign, like Kobe Bryant.

The Fool:, Because Already been accused.

Df0512: And becuase Hannibal Buress brought it up during one of his shows.

The Fool: Yet that's why I said, "I'm pretty sure he's guilty of some of it."

Sick of this!!!!!!!

Sick of what? People not assuming correctly what you mean when you don't say what you mean? I wasn't arguing with you. I was trying to agree.