Jump to topic:

Police body-cameras

Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 9:20:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In light of the recent episodes involving police brutality, body cameras should be required of all our "finest" to ensure the safety of everyone involved in an altercation with the police.

This article explains a study involving a police department were officers wore body-cameras which resulted in the use of force dropping substantially.

http://www.sciencedaily.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:08:53 AM
What I would also love to see would be hat cameras, so when the police turns his head, the camera turns with it. It will give a better view, though it is easier to fall off or get damaged.

Ultimately, the move video documentation, the better for everyone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
gomergcc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:09:24 AM
At 12/27/2014 3:08:53 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What I would also love to see would be hat cameras, so when the police turns his head, the camera turns with it. It will give a better view, though it is easier to fall off or get damaged.

Ultimately, the move video documentation, the better for everyone.

I think that the earpiece light and camera combos that the Military uses would be a good idea. Then you would also be recording what dispatch was stating. This would give the cop on the beat a added layer of protection. Also I can understand cops not wanting more equipment. It can be a huge pain to run and make sure your not having your equipment flying all over the place. With this you would be taking away several bulky items at the same time.