Jump to topic:

jeans

badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:08:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
i don't know if this is just ireland, but what's the story with having to wear jeans when you're going to a club? it really pisses me off. myself and the lads met up for a few pints there to relieve a bit of stress over our tests that we have tomorrow and we got refused in the first two pubs we hit. pubs mind you. that really got to me. i just don't see why we should have to wear jeans. who are they to decide what respectable looks like? it's bullsh1t in my opinion. i hate jeans. they're way to tight and hinder maneuverablility big time. the only good thing i can say about them is that they hide the horn fairly well lol. can any of you see tracksuits being the respectable clothing of the future?
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:10:55 PM
What were you wearing? Track suit bottoms... well yea, it may not be fair but I can understand why you were turned away.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:15:14 PM
At 6/8/2010 2:10:55 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
What were you wearing? Track suit bottoms... well yea, it may not be fair but I can understand why you were turned away.

enlighten me.
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:18:51 PM
At 6/8/2010 2:15:14 PM, badger wrote:

enlighten me.

They have dubious connatations, similar to the fact that certain shops or shopping centres won't admit you if are wearing a hoodie. I wear one myself, but I am hardly what you would call a chav, they are just comfortable and practical.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:29:38 PM
At 6/8/2010 2:18:51 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/8/2010 2:15:14 PM, badger wrote:

enlighten me.

They have dubious connatations, similar to the fact that certain shops or shopping centres won't admit you if are wearing a hoodie. I wear one myself, but I am hardly what you would call a chav, they are just comfortable and practical.

hoodies i understand, even though i bet an old man wearing a hat wouldn't be turned away, but what's wrong with track suit bottoms? i reckon it's just that they're associated with youth that they have such a reputation and that's bullsh1t.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 7:23:16 PM
At 6/8/2010 7:21:54 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I don't wear jeans. I prefer shorts.

good luck getting served in those. i thought black men couldn't wear shorts? indecent exposure and all that?
signature
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 7:23:28 PM

I'm the opposite. I can;t stand shorts.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 7:25:08 PM
At 6/8/2010 7:23:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Jeans are too restrictive and "hot." (Temperature wise.)

Shorts allow you to hang em' out or simply give more leg room.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 8:41:54 PM
At 6/8/2010 7:25:08 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/8/2010 7:23:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Jeans are too restrictive and "hot." (Temperature wise.)

Shorts allow you to hang em' out or simply give more leg room.

Nah, jeans are comfortable(usually) and I don't like my legs so I don't like exposing them.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 2:42:26 AM
At 6/8/2010 2:08:38 PM, badger wrote:
i don't know if this is just ireland, but what's the story with having to wear jeans when you're going to a club? it really pisses me off. myself and the lads met up for a few pints there to relieve a bit of stress over our tests that we have tomorrow and we got refused in the first two pubs we hit. pubs mind you. that really got to me. i just don't see why we should have to wear jeans. who are they to decide what respectable looks like? it's bullsh1t in my opinion. i hate jeans. they're way to tight and hinder maneuverablility big time. the only good thing i can say about them is that they hide the horn fairly well lol. can any of you see tracksuits being the respectable clothing of the future?

they are trying to build an atmosphere?

i personally think its silly.... and i think you would agree. so if ever you open a pub don't have dress codes. but no reason to stop others from having it if they are that eager to turn away customers....
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 7:07:25 AM
At 6/8/2010 7:31:08 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
It's just Ireland

yeah... I found this whole conversation very odd.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 7:09:57 AM
what's the matter with wearing a hooded sweatshirt???

I mean if you're INSIDE and you still have the hood on... then you're either a moron... or you're looking to rob the place...

but I've never heard of wearing a hoodie being objectionable.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."