Excessive Force And Law Enforcement

MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2014 3:21:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARDS?
Surely, there is a "fine line" between persuasion, the proper use of force, and excessive force / abuse. Many of us have heard of the saying, "Power Corrupts, and Absolute Power Corrupts, Absolutely"....I am finding it is a rare individual who is able to combine proper communication skills, persuasion and a sense of authority that is effective, for all involved, rarely having to use force, because boundaries are clear. Those in authority should be an example of what they expect from those they are over, by using firmness and understanding, while still being in control of the situation. Hopefully, you will see the double standards as you keep reading. I will say, sometimes, force is needed and this is where I find contradictions when force is discouraged in other areas, (by the "law") such as with raising ones child. The bible is clear that "The ROD of correction is to be used and where, (bottom only) when needed, in order to drive out foolishness"....Common sense says, there is a "universal" truth, that "What is TRUE, is true for all people at all times".... there are NO CONTRADICTIONS, there are NO double standards. Even grey areas are governed by PRINCIPLES.... You might say, "wait a minute there are exceptions...Lying is wrong, right? Didn't Rehab LIE to protect the Jewish men and Israel?" Yes, and in this rare occassion, her doing so revealed her FAITH in their God. And sometimes in order for EVIL to not prevail over the greater good, once might have to lie. The point is that would be the exception, not the rule, and sorry to say that today in many areas of right and wrong, so many are focused on "THE EXCEPTION" and not the "RULE". Keep that in mind as you read on.

I've written about this before, "the proper way of disciplining children and raising kids" and the same techniques used for teaching and correcting children, is often the same ones when used to teach dogs or other animals, for the best results. Parent In Charge/Top Dog approach, not the children in control. And let me say, no one is perfect at it. But the more one exhibits these attributes, the better the outcome".Love"Consistency"Being In Control"No ANGER"Set Rules, Boundaries and Enforce them".Communication"Forgiveness".Teaching". Etc. And more than likely, the same should be practiced by those in law enforcement, or security. We are seeing so much in the news today, and in my own experiences, I have learned that many who are in authority, are abusing their power and they may not even know it, because like many a parent, they think they are doing the "right thing," when in fact, they are doing more harm. Probably because their "MOTIVES" (self) and "FOUNDATION" (believing lies) is off. I believe, many fall prey to the same reasons some parent"s abuse their children, or police who use excessive unwarranted force to the innocent, or suspect, or the pastor to his flock, focused on his own needs and not the needs of his "sheep" and God's will. Matt 22:37-39.

We find in Romans 13, that God has established the Government (and church) to be His spokesman of what is right. and what is wrong. But sad to say, we have lost, or are losing what right and wrong use to mean. We've lost our moral compass. We now live in a world of relativism and truth means what each person wants it to mean, (remember TRUTH is universal or it is a lie, if it is something else, a "grey" area, then principles and good judgment should be used) because they are not really accountable to a "higher power" so they become the authority. When man bases his authority on himself, and what he wants, he inevitably becomes abusive, plain and simple. For that which befalls all men and even the devil himself is PRIDE, ... "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world", the bible says.

Anytime excessive force or abuse is used, it undermines YOUR AUTHORITY. If you are in any kind of AUTHORITY position, please reason with me. And if you are an officer of any kind, even more so.

EXCESSIVE FORCE: Which also translates into ABUSE, is defined as, "It"s Any Force Beyond What"s Necessary To Arrest A Suspect And Keep Police And Bystanders Safe.""OK, here is my problem, why it is OK for officers to use excessive force on people, yet a parent isn"t allowed to use any at all, even if properly administrated, using the factors I mentioned in the above? In fact if more officers stuck to these guidelines, they wouldn't be creating more "pissed off" citizens or criminals, and people who DISRESPECT them, just as parents wouldn't be creating more criminals either, because they did their job WRONG!..."Every Action Has A Reaction". When a cop yells at a "suspect" or is rude to them, what do they expect back? I mean law enforcement expects a suspect to act properly yet officers themselves cannot even act right...see the contradiction? A parent will have the same problem with their teenager if respect hasn't been shown to them. I always say, "Do Not Expect From Others What You Yourself Cannot Give"....if it happens regardless, great, but doubt it. For an officer to go as far as HITTING someone, putting their hands on them, CHOKING THEM or SHOOTING them, without proverbial cause, shows the officer, was not IN CONTROL and was not in AUTHORITY. Same with a parent who also abuses, their authority....for they just took themselves out of that position. And now they need to be held accountable for "Breaking" the law...God's law of protecting the innocent, the job He gave to them in the first place.

Getting back to the "spirit of the law again" this may be more important than one
realizes, (even Shakespeare thought so) what did Jesus do when He came? Well, for one, He FULFILLED the law, the bible says, and He chastised the PHARISEES for adding to the law and being more concerned about the "letter" (the outward) of the law, not the "spirit" (inward) of the law. Jesus, rebuked them for being hypocrites, for using people, and for MONEY being their real God, and for their being poor examples. Jesus brought to us GRACE, not the law. I think more can be done with love, understanding and reasoning, than physical force. I found the more one practices (like with my kids, of course I"m sure they are more focused on the rare times I blew it) accountability, by making good choices every day to implement these character responses, the easier it is to do. God wants us to treat people the way we would want to be treated, to see others the way He sees them, to do the right thing. No one, will ever be perfect at it, but I do see an urgent need to swing the pendulum back the other way, and become more BALANCED".because way too much ABUSE is being practiced in all forms of authority, from Church Leaders, Government, Police, Therapist, Mental Hospitals, Courts, Parents, and even Husbands.

Why? Because we as a society have become OFF BALANCED!!!....we have traded the TRUTH for a LIE and we worship the all mighty DOLLAR!

Sometimes excessive force has to be used, but again, like lying for protection reasons, this should be rare and the EXTREME. Killing a young person, without cause or provocation, like cops have been known to do, is wrong and excessive. If using mild force has failed, after reasoning, being empathetic and providing enough info doesn"t work, then yes, one, whether they be a parent or the law, may have to resort to some kind of physical force"EXAMPLE: You set a rule and let the child know what to expect if that rule is broken; let"s say the punishment is to have a 5 year old "stand in the corner""ok, you"ve reasoned with the child, and he flips you off, or something like that (Just Kidding)"How do you get that child to sit in the corner without getting physical, without him winning? You can"t, some kind of physical firmness is needed. So while this is a nice cozy concept, it isn't practical,.... to read more https://www.fac...
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:23:34 PM
Why? Because we as a society have become OFF BALANCED!!!....we have traded the TRUTH for a LIE and we worship the all mighty DOLLAR!

Sometimes excessive force has to be used, but again, like lying for protection reasons, this should be rare and the EXTREME. Killing a young person, without cause or provocation, like cops have been known to do, is wrong and excessive. If using mild force has failed, after reasoning, being empathetic and providing enough info doesn"t work, then yes, one, whether they be a parent or the law, may have to resort to some kind of physical force"EXAMPLE: You set a rule and let the child know what to expect if that rule is broken; let"s say the punishment is to have a 5 year old "stand in the corner""ok, you"ve reasoned with the child, and he flips you off, or something like that (Just Kidding)"How do you get that child to sit in the corner without getting physical, without him winning? You can"t, some kind of physical firmness is needed. So while this is a nice cozy concept, it isn't practical, and only causes the parent to lose control, because ANGER builds up due to frustration. It isn't fair to say that only those with a badge are able to use force, yet at the same time, place into law, a crime, that parents cannot. See, the irony? Heck, I"ve even heard that pushing someone is a crime of "battery""really? BTW, I think there should be a crime against those who START STUFF and who are not accountable for their passive aggressive behavior, who blame and lie about others to get their way"where is the fricken law for that? No, I say let people figure out their own issues sometimes. Like at a dog park, best to sometimes let the dogs do their thing and usually no one gets hurt, only in extreme cases do dogs actually hurt each other...it just look and sounds like they are.

To the law officer, when force has to be used, it should be done after all else has failed and you do see signs of actual (not perceived) aggression, or you are no worse than a "Wife Beater" for even he badly reacts to his wife"s slightest provocations, are you no better or worse than he? To the parent, you are trying to teach your child "CONTROL" and "do the right thing", yet you are not in control yourself, and you are doing wrong? That is hypocrisy to the highest level. I think that is the key....be an EXAMPLE, be balanced, be loving, and be true. And above all else be ACCOUNTABLE!...How is this done?

Again, this goes back to parents and the justice system"s focus being balanced, see the "Spirit Of The Law" along with the "Letter"".Even Solomon in all his wisdom knew that real law and real justice comes from God and His word, not in worldly wisdom. For we will please ourselves every time, when we should be pleasing God.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 12:50:37 PM
I didn't read a single word of this nor will anybody else. Please be more concise, and flow better.