Jump to topic:

The Greatest Illness

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:56:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
...is loneliness/emptiness. It's why people will smoke together, as if to take death together, share in it. It's why people do drugs: it's where the 'love culture' has sprung up around ecstasy --manufactured connection. It's why that nutcase playacted as the Joker those few years back --asking us, "Is this it?" Some people even come to believe their fellow men are a lie, a cruel trick played on them. ----Is this it?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 5:02:29 PM
At 12/31/2014 4:56:28 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
...is loneliness/emptiness. It's why people will smoke together, as if to take death together, share in it. It's why people do drugs: it's where the 'love culture' has sprung up around ecstasy --manufactured connection. It's why that nutcase playacted as the Joker those few years back --asking us, "Is this it?" Some people even come to believe their fellow men are a lie, a cruel trick played on them. ----Is this it?

F*ck, it's even why Mayans used sacrifice chicks to the Gods, knowing only their d*cks and death. ----Is there not something better for man to do, though? Is there not some better life, some rightness of action? Are you just going to sit down with your dick all day and cry about emptiness? Have you no love in your heart for anybody, which should, by good sense, extend to everybody?

There's your politics. Sit quietly and hope the devil doesn't take your empty heart, friend.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 1:33:23 AM
At 12/31/2014 7:54:57 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 12/31/2014 6:09:15 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
This guy gets it.

I have loved unconditionally, and ultimately had my love rejected. But my love for him didn't die. I have moved on and accepted that he will never love me as I love him. But I still love him and always will. But I can live with that and still love again. I am just thankful for the opportunity to love someone so much.
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:49:07 PM
At 12/31/2014 6:00:46 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Love and acceptance are the 2 most important emotions one can feel.
Indeed, to be loved and accepted by others make life worth living.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:50:34 PM

"They"re sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it"s better than drinking alone." -Billy Joel-The Piano Man.
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:57:01 PM
At 1/1/2015 10:50:34 PM, That1User wrote:

"They"re sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it"s better than drinking alone." -Billy Joel-The Piano Man.

Awesome song, isn't it?
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:57:42 PM
At 1/1/2015 10:57:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Awesome song, isn't it?

It is, I'm listening to it right now.
R13; Marcus Aurelius
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:58:14 PM
At 1/1/2015 10:57:42 PM, That1User wrote:

Awesome song, isn't it?

Just finished. :P
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:59:26 PM
At 1/1/2015 10:58:14 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/1/2015 10:57:42 PM, That1User wrote:

Awesome song, isn't it?

Just finished. :P

Me too :P
R13; Marcus Aurelius
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 12:07:21 AM

No, the greatest hindrance of life for me anyways, is not the absence of another, or the lack of emotions or detachment to them, but boredom. Loneliness and emptiness are two qualities which I prefer, particularly the latter because emotions complicate and obfuscate my perception, rendering me irrational, attached, and sympathetic. These are qualities I find to be distasteful. Being alone enables me to focus on myself, allowing me to pursuit my endeavors and desires, be they hedonistic or not.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 9:12:57 AM
At 1/2/2015 12:07:21 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

No, the greatest hindrance of life for me anyways, is not the absence of another, or the lack of emotions or detachment to them, but boredom. Loneliness and emptiness are two qualities which I prefer, particularly the latter because emotions complicate and obfuscate my perception, rendering me irrational, attached, and sympathetic. These are qualities I find to be distasteful. Being alone enables me to focus on myself, allowing me to pursuit my endeavors and desires, be they hedonistic or not.

There's actual huge psychological relief in company, friend. Let's hope your rationality doesn't drag you anywhere too frightening. :P
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:27:18 AM
At 1/2/2015 10:24:56 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/2/2015 10:23:28 AM, Wylted wrote:
Hell is other people.

Nah. Hell is cunty people.

No a famous person said it, so it's true. If famous people aren't correct, what's the point in worshipping them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:28:04 AM
At 1/2/2015 10:27:18 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 1/2/2015 10:24:56 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/2/2015 10:23:28 AM, Wylted wrote:
Hell is other people.

Nah. Hell is cunty people.

No a famous person said it, so it's true. If famous people aren't correct, what's the point in worshipping them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Wylted wer bros dude, got ur back 4lyfe bro
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:33:29 PM

We will never outevolve our herd instinct?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:35:27 PM
At 1/2/2015 10:33:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

There are no instincts, Mr. Parrot; only sheer existentialism.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:35:54 PM
At 12/31/2014 6:09:15 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
True love ask nothing in return.

It's like the love of a parent for a child. It should be unconditional.

That love is often very conditional. Most parents project love for themselves onto their child, living vicariously through their children and demanding immortality through posterity.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:39:14 PM
At 1/2/2015 10:35:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

scify channel has a Twilight Zone marathon. Most of the shows are about how people deal with herd instincts.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:40:26 PM
At 1/2/2015 10:39:14 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/2/2015 10:35:27 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

scify channel has a Twilight Zone marathon. Most of the shows are about how people deal with herd instincts.

Well,

I don't know anything about that.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:42:10 PM
At 1/2/2015 10:40:49 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Mr. Parrot, give me a good movie to watch.

You ever see the Thing?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 10:43:06 PM
At 1/2/2015 10:42:10 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 1/2/2015 10:40:49 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Mr. Parrot, give me a good movie to watch.

You ever see the Thing?

Nope. Is it worth it?