Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

Why do most guys not wear sandals usually?

face1995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 9:05:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This calls to my attention how the sexist society seems to view girls more presentable, more decent, and more sharp when they exhibit some of there body parts like it's summer year round for them but they view guys as unpresentable when they wear shorts as part of there tuxedo, or if they wear male formal dress sandals as part of there tuxedo at all times, and how most guys won't wear sandals at all in middle school. They seem to question the very few guys (1 in 1000) that do wear sandals, especially flip flops to middle school like if it was abnormal and like if there was something psychologically wrong in them, or as if they were gay or transgender. This ticks me off. When I was in seventh grade, in January the coldest month, a guy in my class wore flip flops to school (BTW, in my area, the normal low temperature for January is the lower 30s, snow is very rare, snowpile once every 20-40 years.) and many students were asking him why he was wearing flip flops, and one guy told him that he was disgusting for doing so. W.O.E. is this, like seriously! I still don't know why many more females tend to wear sandals than guys. Even when it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit, many guys still wear shoes that cover the whole foot and in middle school, it's still extremely rare seeing a boy wear sandals or flip flops when it's 100 degrees. In Denver, where it gets much colder, I heard and saw images showing girls wearing sandals, flip flops, and skirts when temperatures are down to lower 20s and even if there is some snow on the ground. I kind of feel like many guys are pressured emotionally not to wear sandals while many girls, which might not normally wear sandals if they weren't so much about trend or wannabe but more important stuff, are pressured emotionally to wear sandals, or should I say flip flops, many times, and to wear them even if it's cold and snowy when it comes to formal occasions like dance, party, wedding, church meetings, etc. W.O.E. has the humans come to? Not taking proper advantage of our clothing to best fit ourselves to the weather that is out there? We are not animals that have to hibernate or suffer in the heat. We are not even poor. Why then are we dressing like if we were? And why do many guys make the heat harder on them when it's hot by wearing shoes that cover the whole foot? I just don't get it.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 9:30:40 PM
I dont like wearing sandals for several reasons. I play a lot of sports, and like most guys don't get pedicures. This leads to some less than perfect looking feet, lol. Another thing is, you never know when you're going to have to break into a run, say to catch a bus or make it inside from a sudden shower. Shoes are better than sandals for this. Sandals are even a safety hazard, as you can more easily trip in them, or if you are walking through tall weeds you are exposed to bugs or poison ivy.

Finally, I don't think the heat is much worse when wearing shoes than sandals. Granted, I'm pretty heat tolerant, but I think even people who aren't would agree that it doesn't make a big difference to wear sandals vs shoes.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 2:38:23 PM
I prefer sandals, I'm not big onto shoes and socks. I wore them out this morning, and I live in Wisconsin where it's snowy at the moment. When I lived in Rhode Island, I don't think a single guy I ever met wore sandals. But out here in the Midwest, it's much more open-minded and I'm thankful for that. The East coast isn't known for it's open-mindedness... there's even a Wu-Tang song that comes to mind from the 90s where they mention "... feminine, like sandals..." For some reason they are considered strictly female footwear out there... Their loss!
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:08:10 PM
Well, as the second poster mentioned, men don't typically take care of their feet, while women typically do. So, it's not that women are assumed more presentable, and instead, that women go through all the trouble to make themselves presentable. Women with biscuit feet are no more acceptable than most men in sandals.

Sandals in near-freezing and below-freezing weather is retarded, no matter who's doing it. Sorry Rob, no offense, but for those of us who aren't into hypothermia or frostbite, it's simply more sensible to wear footwear that isn't dangerous in low temperatures.

You also mentioned other fashion anomalies that men should apparently get away with "like women," such as wearing shorts with a tuxedo. I disagree, as do most people, and that's why most women aren't inclined to wear booty shorts to Prom or a miniskirt to their wedding.

But, as far as flip-flops are concerned -- I've never been anywhere where it was a problem for either gender in appropriate weather. In Hawaii, I'm pretty sure they're the most common form of footwear for both genders year around.