Jump to topic:

Homosexual Parenting

1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:49:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do you think homosexuals should be allowed to raise children? Why/why not?
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:33:32 AM
At 1/8/2015 12:49:05 AM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

My initial reaction is to say yes, but I haven't looked at the data to know whether it's really in the child's best interest.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:36:44 AM
Show a person a kindness, they'll owe it to the world. Show a person an unkindness, the same is true. There isn't much more to upbringing than that.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:58:11 AM
At 1/8/2015 1:36:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Show a person a kindness, they'll owe it to the world. Show a person an unkindness, the same is true. There isn't much more to upbringing than that.

If all it took were kindness, golden retrievers could be parents.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:01:46 AM
At 1/8/2015 1:58:11 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

If all it took were kindness, golden retrievers could be parents.

Curious response. :)
Are you looking to make *men* out of other people's children?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:38:29 AM

There isn't much more than introducing the intangible concept of kindness? I beg the differ, you have merely scratched the surface.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:42:05 AM
At 1/8/2015 2:38:29 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

There isn't much more than introducing the intangible concept of kindness? I beg the differ, you have merely scratched the surface.

'Kindness' and 'unkindness' are names we put on quite tangible things, friend.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:43:14 AM

Parenting, as it pertains to the proposal of the potential performance, should be devoid of labels, such as homosexuality, and focus on the content and nature of the potential parent(s). Financial status is also a crucial aspect to consider, along with other various current factors.

Reviewal of the evidence, on the other hand, could depict a different picture.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:45:24 AM
At 1/8/2015 2:42:05 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:38:29 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

'Kindness' and 'unkindness' are names we put on quite tangible things, friend.

I was putting forth the argument that parenting elaborates to a far more intricate process, than merely introducing kindness, which conceptually is inherently intangible.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:46:53 AM
At 1/8/2015 2:43:14 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Parenting, as it pertains to the proposal of the potential performance, should be devoid of labels, such as homosexuality, and focus on the content and nature of the potential parent(s). Financial status is also a crucial aspect to consider, along with other various current factors.

Reading this post paints a picture for me of a rather awkward man pulling up his pants and the courage to say something, which he then blunders through regardless.

No offense, lol. It was a treat, really.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:49:37 AM
At 1/8/2015 2:46:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Reading this post paints a picture for me of a rather awkward man pulling up his pants and the courage to say something, which he then blunders through regardless.

Strange enough, I've detected that a scenario with a man leaving your presence, subsequently after you an him have engaged in whatever sexual endeavors it may be, strikes a fancy with you. Then again, just a though.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:49:56 AM

LOL
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:51:03 AM

What did you expect from someone with a picture of broccoli as their avatar?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 2:54:56 AM
At 1/8/2015 2:51:03 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

Curios, what do you expect? Is there a pre-conceived notion that pictures of broccoli are indicative of a unique response? Share your thoughts.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:07:18 AM
At 1/8/2015 2:54:56 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Curios, what do you expect?

Not broccoli.

Is there a pre-conceived notion that pictures of broccoli are indicative of a unique response?

Exactly that, its the point of being able to choose a picture: to be unique. Some people usually take a picture reflective of something they admire, or aspire towards. Others take a picture in what they think is reflective of them. Then there is broccoli. Unique. Cryptic. Puzzling. But still unique.

On the matter of parenting, consciously, I can't put a finger on my parents specifically pushing me toward liking one gender or another. While my expirience is most probably not the norm, I can't help but think that sexual preference is not as influenced by society as we would like to believe.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:32:27 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:07:18 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Not broccoli.

Is there a pre-conceived notion that pictures of broccoli are indicative of a unique response?

Exactly that, its the point of being able to choose a picture: to be unique. Some people usually take a picture reflective of something they admire, or aspire towards. Others take a picture in what they think is reflective of them. Then there is broccoli. Unique. Cryptic. Puzzling. But still unique.

On the matter of parenting, consciously, I can't put a finger on my parents specifically pushing me toward liking one gender or another. While my expirience is most probably not the norm, I can't help but think that sexual preference is not as influenced by society as we would like to believe.

Actually, it very obviously is. H.H.'s infatuation with Lolita, for example, stemming from his youth, as if to deny to the death of Annabel. Or, in a more recent exposition, the homosexual Alan Turing in The Imitation Game lusting after the recreation of the only friend he ever had - a male. Really, it's rather obvious from the trends that sexuality is socially defined (along with exactly everything). Perhaps you should look to the outliers rather the normals. And, of course, those are a book and a movie, but what's obvious is obvious - not my fault you haven't been paying attention.

Regardless, where exactly is the issue in a person's sexuality tending one way or another? But I liked that bit at the end, really - "as we would like to believe"... Sure, lol.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:35:21 AM
Freud wasn't far wrong with his Oedipus complex, really. He probably could have fleshed it out a little bit better, though; and maybe it'd have been better if it hadn't been coming from someone who slept with his parents throughout his youth period.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:35:54 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:32:27 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/8/2015 4:07:18 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Not broccoli.

Actually, it very obviously is. H.H.'s infatuation with Lolita, for example, stemming from his youth, as if to deny to the death of Annabel. Or, in a more recent exposition, the homosexual Alan Turing in The Imitation Game lusting after the recreation of the only friend he ever had - a male. Really, it's rather obvious from the trends that sexuality is socially defined (along with exactly everything). Perhaps you should look to the outliers rather the normals. And, of course, those are a book and a movie, but what's obvious is obvious - not my fault you haven't been paying attention.

If your contention that society influences sexuality, since I am heterosexual, it would seem as though I -was- paying attention.

Regardless, where exactly is the issue in a person's sexuality tending one way or another? But I liked that bit at the end, really - "as we would like to believe"... Sure, lol.

Very well, did anyone 'teach' you to be straight or gay? What do you feel was the biggest influence of your sexual preference beyond the gender itself?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:45:42 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:35:54 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Very well, did anyone 'teach' you to be straight or gay? What do you feel was the biggest influence of your sexual preference beyond the gender itself?

Sexuality is actually quite a nuanced and variable thing, even in men who firmly abstain from homosexual considerations. Did you know, for example, that masturbation for many comes to tie in very much with the existential; as if an unextinguishable joy that a person will take? True enough, one's own embarrassment, defeat, etc. very easily become cannon fodder (or perhaps cock fodder). In truth, one's dick is entirely under one's command; and, yes, we do in fact learn what to do with it. I wonder, do you think all these so-materialistic fetishes are born of evolution too? Heterosexuality is just easy.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:52:29 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:45:42 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/8/2015 4:35:54 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Sexuality is actually quite a nuanced and variable thing, even in men who firmly abstain from homosexual considerations.

Fascinating.

Did you know, for example, that masturbation for many comes to tie in very much with the existential; as if an unextinguishable joy that a person will take?

Why no, I didn't.

True enough, one's own embarrassment, defeat, etc. very easily become cannon fodder (or perhaps cock fodder). In truth, one's dick is entirely under one's command; and, yes, we do in fact learn what to do with it. I wonder, do you think all these so-materialistic fetishes are born of evolution too?

I think materialistic fetishes are the sexual equivalent of wanting to get a stronger high, though it still takes that 'hit' to inspire something more powerful.

Heterosexuality is just easy.

Which is all a very polite way of saying "Hm, gee, I don't know". Or, perhaps I phrased the question in a nebulous fashion. Let me try again:

What 'held your eye', sexually, beyond your preferred gender through various inputs in society? To what application or end were those inputs used, if not the preferred gender?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 4:55:43 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:52:29 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Let me ask you a question this time, that you are to give actual response to: why have you made this thread about whether or not the children of homosexual parents will become homosexual? I assume it is mostly some offshoot of my naming Pinker a retard, but my, what a place to make objection.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 5:03:42 AM
We have a user on here who grew up with two female parents and is himself a homosexual, by the way. Hate to use him as a statistic, but he is one. Cool dude too.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 5:03:55 AM
At 1/8/2015 4:55:43 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Let me ask you a question this time,

"This time"? You just got done asking 2.

that you are to give actual response to: why have you made this thread about whether or not the children of homosexual parents will become homosexual?

Traditional gender roles, adaptive understanding of them by a child, learned verse internal behaviors. Those seem to me at least to be some relevant questions or circusmstances to homosexuals adopting children.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 5:06:02 AM
At 1/8/2015 5:03:55 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Which you merely tried to condescend to with, uhm, dumbness.

that you are to give actual response to: why have you made this thread about whether or not the children of homosexual parents will become homosexual?

Traditional gender roles, adaptive understanding of them by a child, learned verse internal behaviors. Those seem to me at least to be some relevant questions or circusmstances to homosexuals adopting children.

You're a fool, mate.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 5:12:48 AM
At 1/8/2015 5:06:02 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/8/2015 5:03:55 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Which you merely tried to condescend to with, uhm, dumbness.

The first one falls under the question of 'ask a rhetorical question...'

The second one you got a response that I am not sure how you are correlating to condescenion, or 'dumbness'.

You're a fool, mate.

Please, elaborate. Your current premise or... refute... or... whatever you want to call it doesn't seem to stem from much, and when I asked you a rather specific question that was germane to it, you don't have a response.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 5:15:10 AM
Heck, most sex is pathetic, actually. We have a rather childish homosexual on here too - I'll say no names.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 6:19:09 AM
At 1/8/2015 5:15:10 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Heck, most sex is pathetic, actually. We have a rather childish homosexual on here too - I'll say no names.

Hahahaha. I wouldn't need a second guess...
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:58:25 AM
I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed to.

At this point two parents is better than one parent no matter what kind of pairing you get.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.