Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Was the attack on Charlie Hebdo a hoax?

SamStevens
Posts: 3,827
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax:

Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Clovis
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:35:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax: https://www.youtube.com...



Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?

None whatsoever.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,827
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Bump
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Clovis
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,827
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Clovis
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.

That is a completely absurd way to go about things...
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,827
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:38:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.

That is a completely absurd way to go about things...

Why is that?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Clovis
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:40:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:38:41 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.

That is a completely absurd way to go about things...

Why is that?

Presenting an event which has a large body of information showing it to be true, claiming you agree with the event, then asking for people who do not think it is true to come forward seems very backwards. It would make more sense if you had such evidence to disprove the event or believed it to be a hoax.

What you did is akin to saying "Behold the sun rises in the East, see it rise! Now who thinks it rises in the West? Come on speak up." Its backwards.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SamStevens
Posts: 3,827
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:43:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:40:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:38:41 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.

That is a completely absurd way to go about things...

Why is that?

Presenting an event which has a large body of information showing it to be true, claiming you agree with the event, then asking for people who do not think it is true to come forward seems very backwards. It would make more sense if you had such evidence to disprove the event or believed it to be a hoax.

What you did is akin to saying "Behold the sun rises in the East, see it rise! Now who thinks it rises in the West? Come on speak up." Its backwards.

Okay, you've proven your point.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Clovis
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:43:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 1:43:03 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:40:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:38:41 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.

That is a completely absurd way to go about things...

Why is that?

Presenting an event which has a large body of information showing it to be true, claiming you agree with the event, then asking for people who do not think it is true to come forward seems very backwards. It would make more sense if you had such evidence to disprove the event or believed it to be a hoax.

What you did is akin to saying "Behold the sun rises in the East, see it rise! Now who thinks it rises in the West? Come on speak up." Its backwards.

Okay, you've proven your point.

Just found it odd is all.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:21:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax:



Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?

While I doubt it to be a hoax this video does provide an interesting (albeit opinionated) and sound counter-arguement:

https://www.youtube.com...
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
SamStevens
Posts: 3,827
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:49:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2015 9:21:33 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax:



Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?

While I doubt it to be a hoax this video does provide an interesting (albeit opinionated) and sound counter-arguement:

https://www.youtube.com...

That is true. If he were shot in the head, there would be brain matter splattered all over the side walk. If the government is claiming that the people were killed during this event, I wish they would show the bodies to dispel any skepticism.

This reminds me of the Sandy Hook shooting: http://www.snopes.com...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:51:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/11/2015 9:49:48 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/11/2015 9:21:33 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax:



Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?

While I doubt it to be a hoax this video does provide an interesting (albeit opinionated) and sound counter-arguement:

https://www.youtube.com...

That is true. If he were shot in the head, there would be brain matter splattered all over the side walk. If the government is claiming that the people were killed during this event, I wish they would show the bodies to dispel any skepticism.

This reminds me of the Sandy Hook shooting: http://www.snopes.com...

I defiantly see what point you are coming from but honestly i'm still somewhat hesitant to accept it, I guess that's an example of the normalcy bias.
DDO Discord Link:
https://discordapp.com...
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 8:05:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
You bunch of conspiracy baiters.....
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Wylted
Posts: 23,910
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 8:09:37 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have a feeling, his numbers will still somehow make sense even if somebody else presses the like button.
Fat owned account