Was the attack on Charlie Hebdo a hoax?

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax:

Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:35:43 PM
At 1/8/2015 12:33:45 PM, SamStevens wrote:
There are some people claiming that the attack on Paris is a hoax: https://www.youtube.com...

Is there a possibility that no one died, and that the attack on Charlie Hebdo is a hoax?

None whatsoever.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM
Bump
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:00:02 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:20:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
Bump

No...

did you watch the videos coming out of the attack? Either they hired a troupe of really really really good actors to act this farce out or the video is real. Using Occam's Razor the latter is far more likely than the former. Watch the video of the cop begging for his life and tell me that's not real.

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:37:21 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

In my opinion, I think it was a real event and that people died. I just wanted to see if there was any legitimate evidence of it being fake.

That is a completely absurd way to go about things...
Words are wind.

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:38:41 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:37:53 PM, Clovis wrote:
Bump

No...

Why is that?
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:40:34 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:38:41 PM, SamStevens wrote:
Bump

No...

Why is that?

Presenting an event which has a large body of information showing it to be true, claiming you agree with the event, then asking for people who do not think it is true to come forward seems very backwards. It would make more sense if you had such evidence to disprove the event or believed it to be a hoax.

What you did is akin to saying "Behold the sun rises in the East, see it rise! Now who thinks it rises in the West? Come on speak up." Its backwards.
Words are wind.

SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:43:03 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:40:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
Bump

No...

Why is that?

Presenting an event which has a large body of information showing it to be true, claiming you agree with the event, then asking for people who do not think it is true to come forward seems very backwards. It would make more sense if you had such evidence to disprove the event or believed it to be a hoax.

What you did is akin to saying "Behold the sun rises in the East, see it rise! Now who thinks it rises in the West? Come on speak up." Its backwards.

Okay, you've proven your point.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 1:43:46 PM
At 1/8/2015 1:43:03 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/8/2015 1:40:34 PM, Clovis wrote:
Bump

No...

Why is that?

Okay, you've proven your point.

Just found it odd is all.
Words are wind.

UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:21:33 PM

While I doubt it to be a hoax this video does provide an interesting (albeit opinionated) and sound counter-arguement:

https://www.youtube.com...
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:49:48 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:21:33 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

While I doubt it to be a hoax this video does provide an interesting (albeit opinionated) and sound counter-arguement:

That is true. If he were shot in the head, there would be brain matter splattered all over the side walk. If the government is claiming that the people were killed during this event, I wish they would show the bodies to dispel any skepticism.

This reminds me of the Sandy Hook shooting: http://www.snopes.com...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:51:57 PM
At 1/11/2015 9:49:48 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 1/11/2015 9:21:33 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

That is true. If he were shot in the head, there would be brain matter splattered all over the side walk. If the government is claiming that the people were killed during this event, I wish they would show the bodies to dispel any skepticism.

This reminds me of the Sandy Hook shooting: http://www.snopes.com...

I defiantly see what point you are coming from but honestly i'm still somewhat hesitant to accept it, I guess that's an example of the normalcy bias.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 8:09:37 AM
I have a feeling, his numbers will still somehow make sense even if somebody else presses the like button.