Transgender people disciplined in Russia

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:01:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com...

"We have too many deaths on the road, and I believe that toughening medical requirements for applicants is fully justified" ~ Alexander Kutov, Professional Drivers' Union head.

I'm personally quite glad that people are starting to clamp down on transgender people's degeneracy and self-mutilation. Although the methods might not be the best (I'm moot on this), I sincerely hope that these kinds of people stop ruining their lives by pumping themselves with all kinds of chemicals. It's really heart-breaking to watch people destroy themselves by attempting to switch gender/sex, and then often commit suicide because of it.

What do you think?
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:14:00 AM
Even if transgenders have mental problems, how does that have anything to do with the ability to drive?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:19:16 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:14:00 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
Even if transgenders have mental problems, how does that have anything to do with the ability to drive?

I take it that because transgender people are mentally unstable/sick, they shouldn't bee driving much like an intoxicated person shouldn't be allowed to drive. I'm not sure of the validity of this argument, but that's what it is.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:26:43 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:19:16 AM, Zarroette wrote:

I take it that because transgender people are mentally unstable/sick, they shouldn't bee driving much like an intoxicated person shouldn't be allowed to drive. I'm not sure of the validity of this argument, but that's what it is.

That's insane, considering that not all mental issues have the same negative impact on the ability to drive as would drinking. Also among the list of people who can't drive in Russia now are "compulsive thiefs" and "obsessive gamblers". It's a thinly-veiled excuse for punishment, and I don't know why they think they can pass it off as anything else.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:30:20 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:26:43 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

That's insane, considering that not all mental issues have the same negative impact on the ability to drive as would drinking. Also among the list of people who can't drive in Russia now are "compulsive thiefs" and "obsessive gamblers". It's a thinly-veiled excuse for punishment, and I don't know why they think they can pass it off as anything else.

Mmm. I agree. They should make transgenderism illegal, rather than being dishonest with their motives.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:37:00 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:30:20 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Mmm. I agree. They should make transgenderism illegal, rather than being dishonest with their motives.

Even if I accept your assumption that it's a dangerous disorder, what justification can be given for allowing the government to ban it that can't be cross-applied to any other issue (and, as such, resulting in dictatorship)?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:39:55 AM

Perhaps they can't drive well as they are having this internal conflict about whether they should be prepared and stop and look at a map or go with their manly instinct and just wing it.
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:43:51 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:37:00 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Even if I accept your assumption that it's a dangerous disorder, what justification can be given for allowing the government to ban it that can't be cross-applied to any other issue (and, as such, resulting in dictatorship)?

Yes, that is a problem. I'm happy with the result, but I'm not happy with the methods used. I don't know a way around it...
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:44:15 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:39:55 AM, gingerbread-man wrote:

Perhaps they can't drive well as they are having this internal conflict about whether they should be prepared and stop and look at a map or go with their manly instinct and just wing it.

I loled for ten seconds, at this. xD
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:15:37 AM

Gosh, that's clever.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:17:45 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:43:51 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Yes, that is a problem. I'm happy with the result, but I'm not happy with the methods used. I don't know a way around it...

If there isn't a way around it (and I'm sure there isn't), what would you think should be done? If there aren't any good methods to achieve your results, would you still try anyway, regardless of whatever else happens?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:48:39 AM
At 1/10/2015 5:17:45 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

If there isn't a way around it (and I'm sure there isn't), what would you think should be done? If there aren't any good methods to achieve your results, would you still try anyway, regardless of whatever else happens?

I'm thinking of some kind of monarchy would be able to deal with things like this...

I may or may not try to achieve these results with suspect methods. As you seem to be well aware of, the destruction a totalitarian government can cause is massive.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:56:46 AM
At 1/10/2015 5:48:39 AM, Zarroette wrote:

I'm thinking of some kind of monarchy would be able to deal with things like this...

Why, though? How would a monarch with concentrated power be able to avoid the fact that, if he's going to accept the initiation of force in some circumstances, he might as well do it as often as he likes?

As you seem to be well aware of, the destruction a totalitarian government can cause is massive.

See: Russia during most of the 20th century.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:00:09 AM
At 1/10/2015 5:56:46 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Why, though? How would a monarch with concentrated power be able to avoid the fact that, if he's going to accept the initiation of force in some circumstances, he might as well do it as often as he likes?

Well yes, initiate force as much as you like, but keep in mind of what your enemies are capable of.

As you seem to be well aware of, the destruction a totalitarian government can cause is massive.

True...
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:01:58 AM
At 1/10/2015 6:00:09 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Well yes, initiate force as much as you like, but keep in mind of what your enemies are capable of.

True...

Probably be best just to give them Uber vouchers - bit easier than overthrowing the government
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:08:12 AM

Do you think that the best deterrent of tyranny is the threat of rebellion, as opposed to moral condemnation? If that were the case, then there would be nothing wrong with a despot turning his country into a 1984-esque one, considering, in those ultra-restrictive societies, rebellion would be all but unheard of. There's surely more wrong with abusing power than the threat of losing it, right?

Also, your constant profile picture changes are confusing me, lol.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:20:39 AM
At 1/10/2015 6:08:12 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

Do you think that the best deterrent of tyranny is the threat of rebellion, as opposed to moral condemnation?

Depends on the society...

If that were the case, then there would be nothing wrong with a despot turning his country into a 1984-esque one, considering, in those ultra-restrictive societies, rebellion would be all but unheard of.

This is why America has the right to bear arms. An army can defeat a group of people, but it cannot fight an entire nation. This is how rebellion can eventuate.

There's surely more wrong with abusing power than the threat of losing it, right?

It leads to societal decay. As you mentioned previously, there are methods of keeping it in check, but a country should not outright lose it at the expense of abusing it. This is how great empires get conquered.

Also, your constant profile picture changes are confusing me, lol.

The thing is bugged and I clicked the button 1000 times in frustration.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:46:06 AM
At 1/10/2015 6:20:39 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Do you think that the best deterrent of tyranny is the threat of rebellion, as opposed to moral condemnation?

Is murder justifiable in some societies but not in others?
If that were the case, then there would be nothing wrong with a despot turning his country into a 1984-esque one, considering, in those ultra-restrictive societies, rebellion would be all but unheard of.

This is why America has the right to bear arms. An army can defeat a group of people, but it cannot fight an entire nation. This is how rebellion can eventuate.
America gave its citizens the right to bear arms (which, funnily enough, is something that people apparently don't like here...) because it was a free country and it intended to stay free. What good is that right doing now, though, when the majority of the public actually wants to submit because they think that the government has the moral high ground?

The only way a revolution will occur is if the citizens want it. As long as the government has the ability to make the public believe that it can do no evil and that its word is, in essence, the word of God, it's not going anywhere. The citizens have to be able to see that what the government is doing is wrong, and that can't happen if morality is replaced with pragmatism and "practicality".

If, then, rebels (that hope to instil a free system, as opposed to ones who want even more tyranny) only fight when they have morality on their sides, any just rebellion is a sign of more than just corruption of government - it's a signal of the corruption of the souls of those leading the country. I think that such a corruption should be the biggest incentive for a leader to be against tyranny, as it's much more of a problem to the tyrant than losing his position or even his life. It determines the worth of their life.

There's surely more wrong with abusing power than the threat of losing it, right?

It leads to societal decay. As you mentioned previously, there are methods of keeping it in check, but a country should not outright lose it at the expense of abusing it. This is how great empires get conquered.

I would call the use of non-retaliatory (retaliatory meaning retaliatory to actual, physical force) force an argument against the existence of any "great empires", and would be abuse in and of itself. What right can a nation have to deprive any individuals of rights?
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:49:55 AM
I think that those three paragraphs I wrote were probably unnecessary. My point was that rebellions are signs of a deeper problem - they're signs that something is wrong with the way the tyrant is living, and those problems the tyrant has within him should do more to convince him to change than any militia.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:27:49 AM
At 1/10/2015 4:01:03 AM, Zarroette wrote:

"We have too many deaths on the road, and I believe that toughening medical requirements for applicants is fully justified" ~ Alexander Kutov, Professional Drivers' Union head.

I'm personally quite glad that people are starting to clamp down on transgender people's degeneracy and self-mutilation. Although the methods might not be the best (I'm moot on this), I sincerely hope that these kinds of people stop ruining their lives by pumping themselves with all kinds of chemicals. It's really heart-breaking to watch people destroy themselves by attempting to switch gender/sex, and then often commit suicide because of it.

What do you think?

I like Natural Selection, let them destroy themselves. Russians are horrible drivers anyways. This is how you ask for license & registration in Russia with a pistol in hand.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:31:38 AM
No real opinion. Dude's turning themselves into lady-dudes, and dudes doing mad bodybuilding, are basically equivalent. I'm just glad I'm clever. I mean, what are you supposed to do about something like that? It's a desperate need to be significant.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:59:03 AM

What do you think?\

I think it's demon possession. Some people feel like they are supposed to be crippled and quadraplegic and they acutally undergo medical procedures to have limbs removed or disabled and then spend their lives confined to a bed or wheelchair. It's more than a sickness, it's evil.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:19:16 AM
At 1/10/2015 9:59:03 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

What do you think?\

I think it's demon possession. Some people feel like they are supposed to be crippled and quadraplegic and they acutally undergo medical procedures to have limbs removed or disabled and then spend their lives confined to a bed or wheelchair. It's more than a sickness, it's evil.

How about we assume otherwise and try to treat it, though, eh? Nonsense talk like yours doesn't do anyone any good ....Well, I'm not opposed to filling people up with a bit of religion, but let's try to keep the demons to a minimum.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:23:51 AM
Yeah, you can't go wrong with proposing we do what Russia does.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:33:21 AM

transgenderism is a state of being, not an action. Unless you define it as bodily procedures in order to change your gender. Even then, individuals should be at freedom to change their bodies as they see fit.
Nolite Timere
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:18:22 PM

The Fool: Its actually men that use Maps, but hesitate to ask others for directions. Woman are more likely to ask someone else for directions instead of figuring it out for themselves. It's men that tend to learn how to navigate better\over time because they become self sufficient faster.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:47:23 PM
Umm yeah, Russian road deaths are high because idiots like these people drive, not because of trans people
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:56:38 AM
At 1/10/2015 6:46:06 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

I don't so, but I haven't really had my opinion tested. However, I'm not sure that tyranny equates to murder. In the modern era, tyranny has a negative connotation it did not always have.

America gave its citizens the right to bear arms (which, funnily enough, is something that people apparently don't like here...) because it was a free country and it intended to stay free. What good is that right doing now, though, when the majority of the public actually wants to submit because they think that the government has the moral high ground?

Well, if the government does have the moral high ground, and it isn't assumed that it always does, then the people could follow the government's lead when they agree with it, and rebel when they don't.

The only way a revolution will occur is if the citizens want it. As long as the government has the ability to make the public believe that it can do no evil and that its word is, in essence, the word of God, it's not going anywhere. The citizens have to be able to see that what the government is doing is wrong, and that can't happen if morality is replaced with pragmatism and "practicality".

Whoops. I should have read your comment here, lol.

If, then, rebels (that hope to instil a free system, as opposed to ones who want even more tyranny) only fight when they have morality on their sides, any just rebellion is a sign of more than just corruption of government - it's a signal of the corruption of the souls of those leading the country. I think that such a corruption should be the biggest incentive for a leader to be against tyranny, as it's much more of a problem to the tyrant than losing his position or even his life. It determines the worth of their life.

I don't think tyranny and corruption are synonymous...

I would call the use of non-retaliatory (retaliatory meaning retaliatory to actual, physical force) force an argument against the existence of any "great empires", and would be abuse in and of itself. What right can a nation have to deprive any individuals of rights?

I guess if it come at too great of an expense of real value. Say if the collective are badly hurt if the individual prospers slightly, then maybe the collective (nation) should have preference.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 4:29:46 AM
At 1/11/2015 3:56:38 AM, Zarroette wrote:
At 1/10/2015 6:46:06 AM, bossyburrito wrote:

I don't so, but I haven't really had my opinion tested. However, I'm not sure that tyranny equates to murder. In the modern era, tyranny has a negative connotation it did not always have.

Tyranny isn't, in itself, murder, but my point was to find out if you thought that your moral relativity applied to all things. What makes murder universally bad but doesn't make every other violation of freedom universally bad as well? Why is murder evaluated differently than, say, slavery?

Well, if the government does have the moral high ground, and it isn't assumed that it always does, then the people could follow the government's lead when they agree with it, and rebel when they don't.
Right, but, in some countries, most people do think that the government is infallible and that the law is the ultimate source for morality. Just look at North Korea - there's little chance of successful rebellion because the citizens have been brainwashed to worship the state. The citizens can't disagree with the government, since they think that the government is essentially God.

Whoops. I should have read your comment here, lol.
I probably should have read this one too, haha.

I don't think tyranny and corruption are synonymous...
Why not?

I guess if it come at too great of an expense of real value. Say if the collective are badly hurt if the individual prospers slightly, then maybe the collective (nation) should have preference.

For what reason? I think most of this comes down to what your conception of morality is.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush