Jump to topic:

Video of twins coming out to Dad

kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 5:12:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Coming out can be extremely hard. This is a very moving video of how two twins came out to their father.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 6:52:18 PM
At 1/16/2015 5:12:39 PM, kbub wrote:
Coming out can be extremely hard. This is a very moving video of how two twins came out to their father.

The Fool: It's a publicity stunt to get views on their channel.

66,594 view-average -------- to.---->7,153,328 views
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:15:25 PM
At 1/16/2015 6:52:18 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Is that your purpose here also?
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:59:24 PM

That was cute. That seems like two very good sons and one very good father. I'm glad I've seen it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 1:14:51 PM
At 1/16/2015 7:15:25 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 1/16/2015 6:52:18 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

wsmunit7 : Is that your purpose here also?

The Fool: I'm here for many things.. I've been here for three years..Why do you ask?
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 2:17:47 PM
I'm not watching this, and if I were to, I wouldn't believe it to be true.

I don't trust reality television, publicity stunts, or celebrities.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:53:11 AM

When my nephew, who I love dearly, came out about being gay my sister took it well, but my brother in law literally cried and wouldn't talk to him for a few months. I felt horrible for my nephew. He's okay now and lives with his life partner who is an awesome guy, but it was difficult for him in the beginning because of his father. It upsets me because he avoids when our family gets together now. Some scars never completely heal.

If one of my children comes to me and tells me they are gay I will still love them with everything I am and welcome whoever they find worthy of love into my home and our family. I see nothing wrong with someone being gay as long as they find happiness and love. And they do, which is what life is all about anyway.

The dad in this video took it very well. I wonder if it was staged. Even so, I think heterosexual dad's don't take it as well as mothers do when their children come out. That's just my experience with friends and family, and only my opinion. I might be wrong.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 11:40:21 AM
The Fool: I'm not saying that it's wrong, or that it was fake per se, but that it's being used to boost their YouTube subscriptions and views. They are making money off of this...and all the power to them, but if I was there father I would've rather they told me in private, off-camera.. It's not the most considerable way of doing it.

Against The Ideologist

Just saying...
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 3:14:28 PM
At 1/18/2015 1:53:11 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

When my nephew, who I love dearly, came out about being gay my sister took it well, but my brother in law literally cried and wouldn't talk to him for a few months. I felt horrible for my nephew. He's okay now and lives with his life partner who is an awesome guy, but it was difficult for him in the beginning because of his father. It upsets me because he avoids when our family gets together now. Some scars never completely heal.

If one of my children comes to me and tells me they are gay I will still love them with everything I am and welcome whoever they find worthy of love into my home and our family. I see nothing wrong with someone being gay as long as they find happiness and love. And they do, which is what life is all about anyway.

Thanks for sharing! I really admire your attitude, and I hope your nephew and his father are able to find a healthy place.

The dad in this video took it very well. I wonder if it was staged. Even so, I think heterosexual dad's don't take it as well as mothers do when their children come out. That's just my experience with friends and family, and only my opinion. I might be wrong.

About the fathers, yeah, it does seem like that doesn't it?

Personally, I don't think this was staged. It felt real to me. That long, awkward pause before the reveal.... that seemed real, and I don't think that would have happened otherwise. It was really sweet that they did so together; it seemed like they gave each other courage.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 3:16:12 PM
At 1/18/2015 11:40:21 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: I'm not saying that it's wrong, or that it was fake per se, but that it's being used to boost their YouTube subscriptions and views. They are making money off of this...and all the power to them, but if I was there father I would've rather they told me in private, off-camera.. It's not the most considerable way of doing it.

Against The Ideologist

Just saying...

They still might have asked his permission before releasing the video; I don't think it was streamed.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 3:28:43 PM
At 1/18/2015 3:16:12 PM, kbub wrote:
At 1/18/2015 11:40:21 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

Against The Ideologist

Just saying...

kbub: They still might have asked his permission before releasing the video; I don't think it was streamed.

The Fool: I accounted for that, and made specific reference to the camera, rather than it being online. In other words, the very fact that they were recording him without his knowledge and had already planned on using it online to bolster their numbers, takes away from some of the sincerity, and consideration on the part of the father..

What if it wouldn't have went so well? It would be a sort of blackmail or to harm him.. Something to be hung over his head, and dragged around forever.. It would probably end up online anyways, as they would probably not be talking.. So in a way, the father had no "real" choice the matter..
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 8:26:53 PM
At 1/18/2015 8:13:54 PM, YYW wrote:
And I don't know if anyone has said it yet or not... but wow they are good looking.

+1
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 2:39:15 AM
And I don't know if anyone has said it yet or not... but wow they are good looking.

The Fool: I was thinking that, But I didn't want to sound gay...
<(8D)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:18:42 PM
At 1/18/2015 8:26:53 PM, kbub wrote:

+2

I wonder if they're together...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:22:17 PM
At 1/19/2015 8:18:42 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

+2

I highly, highly doubt it. There are very, very few examples of incest between identical twins.
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:22:56 PM
At 1/19/2015 8:22:17 PM, kbub wrote:

+2

I highly, highly doubt it. There are very, very few examples of incest between identical twins.

And by that I mean as a couple.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:24:53 PM
At 1/19/2015 8:22:56 PM, kbub wrote:
At 1/19/2015 8:22:17 PM, kbub wrote:

+2

And by that I mean as a couple.

I saw the vid before and there were times where I saw them looking at each other funnily... but my imagination could've taken commando.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 7:36:23 AM

+2

No.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 2:28:44 PM
At 1/20/2015 7:36:23 AM, YYW wrote:

+2

No.

*shrugs*
You never know... :/
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:35:11 AM
They are cute. Like a 7.5/10...

The video was powerful too...I wasn't just interested in their looks...for the record.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 5:37:14 AM

+2

No.

The Fool: They're awfully Touchy-feely for the brothers.....
<(8D)

I'm certainly not like that with my brother.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:59:55 AM
At 1/21/2015 5:37:14 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

+2

No.

<(8D)

Yeah, you're not gay, either....

Gay guys are, as a general rule, more "touchy-feely."
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 5:45:27 PM
At 1/21/2015 7:59:55 AM, YYW wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:37:14 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
<(8D)

Yeah, you're not gay, either....

Gay guys are, as a general rule, more "touchy-feely."

Very true. I definitely am...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...