Jump to topic:

Sexual Predators / Molesters

studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 9:39:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There are many stories we read about alleged child predators / molesters who move into neighborhoods with children and the like. Then, the parents find out about it, get quite upset, and either attack the alleged predator or make sure that the predator is forced out of the neighborhood. Then, we have these places next to bridges that are places for predators to collect and reside in for the rest of their lives.

I find this absolutely ridiculous. I have been thinking about this for years, and it is completely stupid. First of all, the alleged predator has obviously done his / her time for the crime. The parents and citizens of the neighborhood have no right to attack this alleged predator due to a prior crime he / she committed. It is simply ignorant and repulsive.

Next, most people in these "child" neighborhoods assume that the predator is a man. This gets a much more outraged response. If it's a woman, you'll find that the mass of haters will become visibly reduced. Hell, if a hot woman moved into my street and was tried for sexually molesting her sixteen year old student, I'd go to her house and ask for one-on-one tutoring.

Finally, it's ridiculous how these people are expected to live their lives as outcasts from society. They did the time for the crime. Move on. Simply because you do something once does not mean you will do it again; one of the benefits of prison is that it scares you so much that when you get out, you never want to be on the wrong side of the law again.

Thanks.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:53:28 PM
You know, for someone who claims to be sexually abstinent, you spend quite a lot of time brooding and musing about sex.

That said, there are much more serious civil rights issues out there. Don't lose sleep over this. ;D
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:55:10 PM
At 6/24/2010 10:53:28 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
You know, for someone who claims to be sexually abstinent, you spend quite a lot of time brooding and musing about sex.

I'm a seventeen year old male. My hormones are crazy. I've been having increasing thoughts about making out with women, partaking in intercourse, etc. It's heightening every minute.

That said, there are much more serious civil rights issues out there. Don't lose sleep over this. ;D

I'm just saying. This and the DADT policy really get me going.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 10:59:51 PM
At 6/24/2010 10:55:10 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I'm a seventeen year old male. My hormones are crazy. I've been having increasing thoughts about making out with women, partaking in intercourse, etc. It's heightening every minute.

Same here. I mean, I'm sixteen. But, like, it's hard for me to follow.

P1: I'm horny as frick.
C: Therefore, the civil rights of pedophiles are being violated.

As Ragnar would say: does not follow.

I'd shake your hand, but no.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 11:02:30 PM
At 6/24/2010 10:59:51 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

I don't let my hormones possess my logic in regards to civil rights. And it's not about the hormones. It mainly goes on the "I did the time for my crime" policy. It's different than what you're thinking.

Why not?
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 11:05:16 PM
At 6/24/2010 11:02:30 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

I don't let my hormones possess my logic in regards to civil rights. And it's not about the hormones. It mainly goes on the "I did the time for my crime" policy. It's different than what you're thinking.

Think chronology.

I asked you why you thought about sex so often, this being one of the many times in which you're talking about sex on this forum.

You stated you're horny.

So...

Why not?

Oh, come on. Think harder.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 11:08:28 PM
At 6/24/2010 11:05:16 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 6/24/2010 11:02:30 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Think chronology.

I asked you why you thought about sex so often, this being one of the many times in which you're talking about sex on this forum.

You stated you're horny.

So...

Why not?

Oh, come on. Think harder.

I was dead-on the first time I thought about it. I just wanted to validate ;)
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 4:08:22 AM
Really, SAC8?

I agree that its not exactly right that these people who serve their time are persecuted as such, but do you honestly believe the parents of children that this man molested have no justification or reasoning or anything to be concerned about? How do they know he's reformed? How do they or the authorities or others know this guy won't molest or hurt another child? People simply do not have the benefit of hindsight - they cannot know what this guy will do. They're looking out for their child's safety and if this guy seemingly poses a threat based on his past actions, what do you expect them to do? I don't think it silly at all.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 4:11:42 AM
Any kind of sex offender whether they're a rapist, pedophile, whatever should remain locked up. If I supported Capital Punishment I would almost say give them that...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 8:28:35 AM
At 6/24/2010 9:39:49 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
First of all, the alleged predator has obviously done his / her time for the crime. The parents and citizens of the neighborhood have no right to attack this alleged predator due to a prior crime he / she committed. It is simply ignorant and repulsive.

Doing time in no way absolves a person of their guilt.

I agree that legally they have no right to attack them... But Morally is another question.

IF I think that some child abuser deserves to be Castrated... and instead he gets two years and probation... Then Morally I might be justified in doing my best to right that situation!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:28:16 AM
At 6/25/2010 4:11:42 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Any kind of sex offender whether they're a rapist, pedophile, whatever should remain locked up. If I supported Capital Punishment I would almost say give them that...

Because the legal system is totally infallible.

Seriously, INH, I thought Islam preached that do Allahs bidding and you get a free passage to 7-72 virgins, no? I thought there was the same capacity for forgiveness and repent.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:33:04 AM
At 6/25/2010 4:08:22 AM, Volkov wrote:
Really, SAC8?

I agree that its not exactly right that these people who serve their time are persecuted as such, but do you honestly believe the parents of children that this man molested have no justification or reasoning or anything to be concerned about? How do they know he's reformed? How do they or the authorities or others know this guy won't molest or hurt another child? People simply do not have the benefit of hindsight - they cannot know what this guy will do. They're looking out for their child's safety and if this guy seemingly poses a threat based on his past actions, what do you expect them to do? I don't think it silly at all.

Parents really don't have much justification. They're jumping to conclusions without really knowing who that person truly is.

A person can be put in the system as a sexual offender for peeing in public. Enough said.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:34:03 AM

Locked up? Why? If they're done their time for the crime, they should be released.

You see, your position is based off of emotion. Not good.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 9:56:04 AM

Irony much?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:08:25 AM
At 6/25/2010 9:56:04 AM, J.Kenyon wrote:

Irony much?

I see what you did there.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:31:28 AM
As far as predators are concerned, I can't say that the length of their prison sentences is particularly desirable. Probably ought to extend that.

Additionally, it's probably a good idea for the residents of the neighborhood to keep a CLOSE eye on the person while he lives there. Better to be suspicious over what turns out to be nothing than to be trusting of someone who ends up raping your child.

That said, it's fairly simple these days to get charged as a "sex criminal". My history/government teacher was telling us about a student of hers who worked in a music store, and was working to give lessons. He had this girl back with him one day, and he made the mistake of allowing her to sit on his lap without thinking about the potential repercussions. Needless to say, that minor slip-up's going to haunt him for the rest of his life. So, while parents and the like would do well to keep an eye on the person, doing some research into the nature of the offense would be a good idea as well.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:45:01 AM
A few years ago a Canadian woman teaching in a school in England was put on trial for having sex with teenage boys.

This seemed a bit harsh to me, I mean she wasn't that ugly!

http://news.bbc.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
MikeLoviN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 10:59:39 AM
At 6/25/2010 10:45:01 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A few years ago a Canadian woman teaching in a school in England was put on trial for having sex with teenage boys.

This seemed a bit harsh to me, I mean she wasn't that ugly!

http://news.bbc.co.uk...

LOL. You can keep her.

She looks like the kind you'd take home after 10 pints and then have to make sure that all of the lights in the house were off.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:03:19 AM
At 6/25/2010 10:31:28 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
As far as predators are concerned, I can't say that the length of their prison sentences is particularly desirable. Probably ought to extend that.

Additionally, it's probably a good idea for the residents of the neighborhood to keep a CLOSE eye on the person while he lives there. Better to be suspicious over what turns out to be nothing than to be trusting of someone who ends up raping your child.

That said, it's fairly simple these days to get charged as a "sex criminal". My history/government teacher was telling us about a student of hers who worked in a music store, and was working to give lessons. He had this girl back with him one day, and he made the mistake of allowing her to sit on his lap without thinking about the potential repercussions. Needless to say, that minor slip-up's going to haunt him for the rest of his life. So, while parents and the like would do well to keep an eye on the person, doing some research into the nature of the offense would be a good idea as well.

Agreed.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:03:34 AM
Hell, if a hot woman moved into my street and was tried for sexually molesting her sixteen year old student, I'd go to her house and ask for one-on-one tutoring.

Thats not paedophilia, if the student consented it should simply be regarded as professional misconduct.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:12:48 AM
At 6/25/2010 11:03:34 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Hell, if a hot woman moved into my street and was tried for sexually molesting her sixteen year old student, I'd go to her house and ask for one-on-one tutoring.

Thats not paedophilia, if the student consented it should simply be regarded as professional misconduct.

True. However, I'm not saying that the student consented. I said that I sure would consent; nothing was said about the student ;)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 11:16:36 AM
At 6/25/2010 11:12:48 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

True. However, I'm not saying that the student consented. I said that I sure would consent; nothing was said about the student ;)

The student may not have consented. Just because it might be some sort of male fantasy the actual reality of the event may be different.

I restrict the term paedophile to acts comitted against pre-pubsecent children, but all sexual acts against the unwilling are pretty wrong. If a paedophile moved in next door to me and I had kids they would not live there long.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
wolfgangxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:31:50 PM

yes but if you begin to move the age of consent down then boundaries will begin to blur and people will say if 15 is ok why not a 14 year old who'll be 15 in a few months? The age of consent between older adults and young "adults" is high for a reaosn - so that lopsided relationships are less likely to occur where one partner has all the emotional and psychological power.
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:37:12 PM
At 6/25/2010 1:31:50 PM, wolfgangxx wrote:

yes but if you begin to move the age of consent down then boundaries will begin to blur and people will say if 15 is ok why not a 14 year old who'll be 15 in a few months? The age of consent between older adults and young "adults" is high for a reaosn - so that lopsided relationships are less likely to occur where one partner has all the emotional and psychological power.

It's an arbitrary line for a reason. Personally I think a regular cap of 16 should be mandated, but with proper mental assessment, the age cap for certain individuals may be lowered at request.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:39:51 PM
At 6/25/2010 1:37:12 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

It's an arbitrary line for a reason. Personally I think a regular cap of 16 should be mandated, but with proper mental assessment, the age cap for certain individuals may be lowered at request.

That would be an interesting request. Would there need to be some justification?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:44:37 PM
At 6/25/2010 9:34:03 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Locked up? Why? If they're done their time for the crime, they should be released.

There are often repeat offenders. We need harsher laws that'll deter people from committing crimes in the first place. Don't want to go to prison for life? Don't rape.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:46:19 PM
At 6/25/2010 1:44:37 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

There are often repeat offenders. We need harsher laws that'll deter people from committing crimes in the first place. Don't want to go to prison for life? Don't rape.

You also forget that many people are falsely accused. There are several rape suspects that have lived their lives in prison for a crime that recent technology proves they did not do in the first place. I don't know the exact stories, but I've read about them.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:47:30 PM
At 6/25/2010 1:46:19 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

You also forget that many people are falsely accused. There are several rape suspects that have lived their lives in prison for a crime that recent technology proves they did not do in the first place. I don't know the exact stories, but I've read about them.

That's why you do DNA testing and such.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 1:48:12 PM
At 6/25/2010 1:47:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/25/2010 1:46:19 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

That's why you do DNA testing and such.

You do realize that people have the capability to fabricate DNA and pin a crime on someone who really is innocent?