Jump to topic:

Coming Out

Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:25:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
It really is difficult to come out, traumatic even. Friends and family are supportive in some rare cases, but they usually shun you or act like it's just a phase. Some people have been sent places to "cure" them. If you're religious, you will likely be misunderstood and condemned by the rest of your faith community.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 10:35:38 AM
At 7/2/2010 10:28:50 AM, Nags wrote:
I get it now.

anarchist = homo

That cleared it up, thanks.

http://anarchyisforeveryone.blogspot.com...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 1:11:03 PM
At 7/2/2010 10:25:06 AM, Reasoning wrote:

It really is difficult to come out, traumatic even. Friends and family are supportive in some rare cases, but they usually shun you or act like it's just a phase. Some people have been sent places to "cure" them. If you're religious, you will likely be misunderstood and condemned by the rest of your faith community.

I know exactly what you mean. I hide almost everything about myself from my parents to avoid as much shunning as possible, but especially that I'm bi and have been my whole life. I hide almost all my interests, my thoughs, feelings, beliefs, everything they might use against me.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 1:20:03 PM
I get it now.

anarchist = homo

Why do you always act like that's an insult, being gay?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 1:24:25 PM
At 7/3/2010 1:20:03 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
I get it now.

anarchist = homo

Did he say or act like it was?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 1:27:06 PM
Yeah, that some 17 year old is rebelling against the state (as some act of non-conformity to societal expectations *ha ha ha*) - real shocker. It's practically a cliché.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 2:11:59 PM
At 7/3/2010 1:27:06 PM, innomen wrote:
Yeah, that some 17 year old is rebelling against the state (as some act of non-conformity to societal expectations *ha ha ha*) - real shocker. It's practically a cliché.

non-conformity isn't bad. It needs to be there, to some level, to keep everyone from being mindless sheep. The fact that some rebel, gets <most of> everyone to think a little even if they don't rebel, or agree with how things are. If everyone went with how things were, slavery would still exist, women wouldn't have rights, and many of the worst leaders of all time, would have stayed in power for as long as they wanted/lived.

Just rebelling for the sake of not conforming, not so good. If you believe in something and its not normal, go with it.

Not saying anything bad about what you said, just letting you know, its not always bad.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 2:15:43 PM
At 7/3/2010 1:24:25 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I get it now.

anarchist = homo

This. (PJ, did you bother clicking on any of Reasoning's links in this thread?) And when do I ever act like being gay is an insult?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 2:27:18 PM

Agreed lol that was a fun phase though.
President of DDO
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 2:29:57 PM
At 7/3/2010 2:27:18 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Agreed lol that was a fun phase though.

I understand, it's just funny when you step back and look at all these kids non-conforming together ;-).
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 2:50:28 PM
At 7/3/2010 2:15:43 PM, Nags wrote:
At 7/3/2010 1:24:25 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I get it now.

anarchist = homo

This. (PJ, did you bother clicking on any of Reasoning's links in this thread?)

I did watch the video before commenting, yes.

And when do I ever act like being gay is an insult?

Well, if you don't intend it as a pejorative, then you seem to call other users on this site "gay" quite often for no reason.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 10:14:03 PM
At 7/3/2010 2:50:28 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

I guess you didn't understand the joke then.

Well, if you don't intend it as a pejorative, then you seem to call other users on this site "gay" quite often for no reason.

Quote me.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 10:16:12 PM
At 7/3/2010 10:14:03 PM, Nags wrote:

Quote me.

He could be referencing the thread in the Misc. forum where I had to provide a picture of one of my friends on facebook.

However, it's not like Nags was "really" saying I was homosexual. It was more for kicks rather than seriousness. I looked at the comment at the beginning of this thread, and Nags really didn't insult anyone for being homosexual.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 10:23:53 PM
At 7/3/2010 10:16:12 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
He could be referencing the thread in the Misc. forum where I had to provide a picture of one of my friends on facebook.

However, it's not like Nags was "really" saying I was homosexual. It was more for kicks rather than seriousness. I looked at the comment at the beginning of this thread, and Nags really didn't insult anyone for being homosexual.

Was that the "...In My Pants" thread? The same thread where PJ implied it is more mature to talk about what's in your pants than talking about sexuality? I think PJ has made it abundantly clear he doesn't understand sarcasm.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2010 10:25:47 PM
At 7/3/2010 10:23:53 PM, Nags wrote:
At 7/3/2010 10:16:12 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Was that the "...In My Pants" thread? The same thread where PJ implied it is more mature to talk about what's in your pants than talking about sexuality? I think PJ has made it abundantly clear he doesn't understand sarcasm.

Lol. I believe it was the " ... In My Pants" thread. Agreed.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 12:30:57 AM
I don't get it. Is Reasoning gay or something? Or is discrimination against homosexuals suddenly news to everyone?
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 12:47:21 AM
At 7/3/2010 10:14:03 PM, Nags wrote:

My comment was not directly about the video. My comment was about your response to other users and how you often label others users "gay" as a pejorative.

Quote me.

Two recent instances include the "...In My Pants" thread and the DDO Band thread in which you purposely misquoted Volkov as saying, "I haz the gay."

Those are two that I remember because they're recent. But don't play dumb. You know you've quite often called other users "gay" as a pejorative.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2010 8:47:57 PM
At 7/4/2010 12:47:21 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
My comment was not directly about the video. My comment was about your response to other users and how you often label others users "gay" as a pejorative.

Not true.

Quote me.

Two recent instances include the "...In My Pants" thread and the DDO Band thread in which you purposely misquoted Volkov as saying, "I haz the gay."

...Because Volkov purposely misquoted me.

You really don't understand sarcasm though, do you?

Those are two that I remember because they're recent. But don't play dumb. You know you've quite often called other users "gay" as a pejorative.

No.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 8:19:32 AM
At 7/4/2010 12:30:57 AM, Volkov wrote:
I don't get it. Is Reasoning gay or something?

Looks like it :p

I think he was "coming out" as an anarchist. Funny.
President of DDO
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 10:16:32 PM
At 7/4/2010 8:47:57 PM, Nags wrote:
At 7/4/2010 12:47:21 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Not true.

Quote me.

...Because Volkov purposely misquoted me.

You really don't understand sarcasm though, do you?

No.

Well, I don't know if this is what PoeJoe was talking about but, at least where I live, "Homo" is seen as an almost derogatory term for someone who is gay. It's seen as demeaning.... I don't think you were meaning to insult him since I saw it as a joke but some are more sensitive to "discriminatory terms". But hey, you probably don't think of "homo" as bad so I can't fault you for it. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2010 10:18:48 PM
At 7/3/2010 1:11:03 PM, lovelife wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. I hide almost everything about myself from my parents to avoid as much shunning as possible, but especially that I'm bi and have been my whole life. I hide almost all my interests, my thoughs, feelings, beliefs, everything they might use against me.

Same. I tend to be quite secretive as well.