Total Posts:70|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mass shooting: what's wrong with white males?

Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 8:08:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The overwhelming majority of mass shootings are committed by white males ( 90 percent of high school or elementary school shootings were the result of White, often upper-middle class, perpetrators. Source http://www.politicalresearch.org...#).
Why are white males so prone to acts of mass murder?

Disclaimer: This is not a forum to bash white males or people of other ethnic groups, but to understand the dynamic that makes mass shootings possible.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
KhaosMage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 9:47:14 AM
Bad parenting, sense of entitlement, and occasionally mental illness.
Ever notice that the victims are almost always white as well?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 10:35:48 AM
You'll notice how it's always a lone nut with whites but other races pretty much institutionalize sick shitt.

You should see some of the stuff I dug up on other races mutilating female and male sexual organs, having traditions the involve gang rape, human sacrifice etc. drinking the menstration of bulls. Ewe
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 10:46:16 AM
It has more to do with mental illness and/or psychopathy than white male privilege, which is what the link argues.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 10:52:31 AM
At 2/1/2015 8:08:43 AM, Rasheed wrote:
The overwhelming majority of mass shootings are committed by white males ( 90 percent of high school or elementary school shootings were the result of White, often upper-middle class, perpetrators. Source http://www.politicalresearch.org...#).

Disclaimer: This is not a forum to bash white males or people of other ethnic groups, but to understand the dynamic that makes mass shootings possible.

The Fool: Most high school students are white. And we're talking mass one swoop murders, not accumulative murders over time. Despite the disclaimer...The question "what wrong with white males?" is framed as to bash white males.. And I say that as a black male..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 10:59:55 AM
At 2/1/2015 10:52:31 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: Most high school students are white. And we're talking mass one swoop murders, not accumulative murders over time. Despite the disclaimer...The question "what wrong with white males?" is framed as to bash white males.. And I say that as a black male..

You keep putting "the fool:" at the beginning of your posts.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:04:55 AM

It's not all white males, but a very specific kind of white male. These guys are typically socially conservative, loners who don't have a lot of friends or social connections. They lack empathy and they feel powerless. So, what they do is to "take back power" in a way that they cannot be retaliated against. Or... at least that's the psychological profile.

I think it might be a bit much to suggest that all of them are sociopaths, but I think that at least some of them definitely are. These are guys who don't have a lot of opportunities before them, or who feel, relative to the people they're around, that they're not good enough or that they somehow don't measure up.

Subconsciously, these are guy who don't feel like they're getting their "due." It's a terribly pathetic way to think, but that's why.

I think also there is an interesting question of why non-white guys don't do this. I mean, black guys and latino guys just don't do this to the same extent that white guys do. Arab guys do, but they do it "differently." Whereas socially, economically and culturally disenfranchised white (specifically adolescent) males are more inclined to mass shooting, the same "kind" of Arab adolescent male is more inclined to terrorism.

Arabs, in a lot of ways, are in the middle east what white people are in the west; they are the "race on top," which is to say that there are certain expectations they have. To the extent that a member of that race believes that they're not getting their due, they're going to do stupid things.

I mean, the fact that we even have white or arab people who identify on the basis of race is problematic... but consciously or subconsciously, it still goes on. The great challenge for law enforcement and homeland security will be to identify those persons, and mitigate harm where possible.
Tsar of DDO
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:05:25 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:01:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
All the BS aside the Op asks a reasonable question. I'd like to know the answer myself.

The Fool: perhaps but not a sincere question.... It's not a question, where an answer is given. But rather left to be open ended, so that the only possible answer is some kind of inherent crazy or evilness. The article being referenced is garbage. It's just some undergrad students opinion piece..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:12:42 AM

The article reads: "Before his May 23rd premeditated killing spree, Elliot Rodger1 posted a YouTube video saying his intention was to "slaughter every single spoiled stuck up blonde slut I see" inside a sorority house, because they "all would have rejected [him] and looked down upon [him] as an inferior man if [he] ever made a sexual advance towards them." These chilling comments cannot be simply regarded as nonsense from a "madman," because they actually represent the deeply entrenched manifestation of our misogynistic society. Furthermore, the case of Elliot Rodger exposes the prevailing intersection between gender and race of gun violence."

The Fool: This is garbage, meant to seem in line with the reigning ideology of the times. The truth is that Elliott Roger felt that he was generally a nice guy to women, and he felt that life was unfair because despite being a nice guy women are generally attracted to the not so nice guys. So he"d given up on life and felt just in getting revenge on those kind of guys in those type women. The article and most feminists don"t actually get it right.

Against The Ideologist
Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:15:46 AM
At 2/1/2015 10:35:48 AM, Wylted wrote:
You'll notice how it's always a lone nut with whites but other races pretty much institutionalize sick shitt.

You should see some of the stuff I dug up on other races mutilating female and male sexual organs, having traditions the involve gang rape, human sacrifice etc. drinking the menstration of bulls. Ewe

Not true Wylted. Molesting of children is done overwhelmingly by white males (upwards of 70% by Justice Department stats.http://www.tigerdroppings.com... ). Historically, white mobs have committed mutilations (which rate as some of the sickest crimes in the annuals of history. Many crimes committed by the contemporary white male is equally as sick, such as the Police in New York shoving a plunger handle up a suspects anus, or the fact that the majority of serial killers are white males,), and lynching almost as long as this Republic has been in existence, and certainly before Americas founding. What I am saying to you is that there is enough dirt to go around, so don't think that you are so white and so wonderful that you are above criminality.

This forum is about why mass shootings and family killing is so prevalent among white males. I have found that most posts that criticize other cultures and religions tend to be by white males, which strikes me as hypocritical because they have no shortage of problems of their own.
Say; He Allah (S.W.T.) is One God, He Begets not, nor is He begotten, and there is none like unto Him."
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:15:50 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:05:25 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
All the BS aside the Op asks a reasonable question. I'd like to know the answer myself.

The Fool: perhaps but not a sincere question.... It's not a question, where an answer is given. But rather left to be open ended, so that the only possible answer is some kind of inherent crazy or evilness. The article being referenced is garbage. It's just some undergrad students opinion piece..

Just because he cites an article as a source doesn't mean he agrees with it's arguments. Why would he post this thread if he wasn't looking for sincere answers?

How can we help race relations if we view questions as an attack?

So what if he thinks whites are inherently evil or some other crap. The fact he asks the question means that he wants to rid himself of these thoughts. He's hoping a more reasonable explanation, can explain these things.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:16:14 AM
*So he"d given up on life and felt just in getting revenge on those kind of guys and those type of women.

It was not particularly misogynist anymore than it was misandrous, and he killed more men than he did women, despite that, it is been reinterpreted to give the impression that it was particular to women.

Most of the news articles read that two women were killed and three others. Using the term "others" to downplay the fact that more men were killed.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:20:17 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:15:50 AM, Wylted wrote:

Just because he cites an article as a source doesn't mean he agrees with it's arguments. Why would he post this thread if he wasn't looking for sincere answers?

So what if he thinks whites are inherently evil or some other crap. The fact he asks the question means that he wants to rid himself of these thoughts. He's hoping a more reasonable explanation, can explain these things.

"perhaps but not a sincere question.... "

The Fool: As demonstrated ;...LOL!

http://www.debate.org...

Against The Ideologist

Sincerity is the first step to fight racism.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:21:05 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:15:46 AM, Rasheed wrote:

Not true Wylted. Molesting of children is done overwhelmingly by white males (upwards of 70% by Justice Department stats.http://www.tigerdroppings.com... ). Historically, white mobs have committed mutilations (which rate as some of the sickest crimes in the annuals of history. Many crimes committed by the contemporary white male is equally as sick, such as the Police in New York shoving a plunger handle up a suspects anus, or the fact that the majority of serial killers are white males,), and lynching almost as long as this Republic has been in existence, and certainly before Americas founding. What I am saying to you is that there is enough dirt to go around, so don't think that you are so white and so wonderful that you are above criminality.

This forum is about why mass shootings and family killing is so prevalent among white males. I have found that most posts that criticize other cultures and religions tend to be by white males, which strikes me as hypocritical because they have no shortage of problems of their own.

These are examples of individuals doing sick crap, but in Africa you have whole tribes of people that condone and perform sick acts. Anyway that's off topic. I think you asked a very good question at the beginning and I'd rather see that question discussed as opposed to racist comments going back and forth with each other.

Would you rather us stay on topic as to why whites are more likely to do Mass school shootings?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:29:46 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:15:46 AM, Rasheed wrote:

I am above criminality. The fact that people who share my skin color have committed criminal acts doesn't change that in the slightest.

I think that it's pretty absurd to see white people as one monolithic group; that goup consists of a lot of different socioeconomic classes and immigrant communities. Saying that this is a 'white male' problem is like saying that gang violence is a 'black male' problem.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:35:00 AM

I am not in the business of bashing anyone, because as a black male I have a lot of issues with the group to which I belong ( not to mention my problems with the Islamic community to which I belong), my forum post is designed to take people off their high horse and understand that if we are honest, all of our groups do pretty messed up things that we should rightfully be ashamed of, even though we are not individually guilty of it ourselves.

I have read forums and debates that ask "Why do Muslims like to kill?", and "Is Islam an evil religion?", "Are whites smarter that blacks (not asked so bluntly but that's the essence of many debates and forums)?", so why not explore this issue, or should only Racial and Religious minorities be put under the microscope?

I can't help how you interpret why I posted this topic
( " Despite the disclaimer...The question "what wrong with white males?" is framed as to bash white males.. And I say that as a black male.."), neither do I care. You can either answer the question to the best of your ability in an intelligent fashion or not, It will not affect the fact that I have asked an important question, and regardless of how you feel I will still be grilling for my Superbowl party in a few minutes.
Rasheed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:38:51 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:15:50 AM, Wylted wrote:

Thank you Wylted, I have served in the Army with both good and bad white people, and good and bad black people. I do not believe that anyone is inherently evil, but that our environment shapes our behavior (acting on genetics, of course, so some people of all races may be predisposed to evil, not that they have to act on it).
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:41:34 AM
Whites have higher rates of depression and schizophrenia/bi-polar disorder compared to minorities, so that could be one reason.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:43:51 AM
Also, the title of this is thread is pretty stupid. Even though most mass murderers are white males, close to zero percent of white males are mass murderers.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:44:51 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:43:51 AM, dylancatlow wrote:
Also, the title of this is thread is pretty stupid. Even though most mass murderers are white males, close to zero percent of white males are mass murderers.

It's cool. I'm white and okay with the title, so all whites have to be cool with it.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:47:56 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:35:00 AM, Rasheed wrote:

"I have found that most posts that criticize other cultures and religions tend to be by white males, which strikes me as hypocritical because they have no shortage of problems of their own."

Rasheed : I am not in the business of bashing anyone, because as a black male I have a lot of issues with the group to which I belong ( not to mention my problems with the Islamic community to which I belong), my forum post is designed to take people off their high horse and understand that if we are honest, all of our groups do pretty messed up things that we should rightfully be ashamed of, even though we are not individually guilty of it ourselves.

The Fool: And your question is framed in a way that you were not really expecting an answer. No answer would've been satisfactory because you are ready have the conviction that white males, as white males and not individual people do disgusting and despicable things. This was made more prevalent in the way that you responded to somebody trying to sincerely answer your question..
"What I am saying to you is that there is enough dirt to go around, so don't think that you are so white and so wonderful that you are above criminality."

Rasheed : I have read forums and debates that ask "Why do Muslims like to kill?", and "Is Islam an evil religion?", "Are whites smarter that blacks (not asked so bluntly but that's the essence of many debates and forums)?", so why not explore this issue, or should only Racial and Religious minorities be put under the microscope?

The Fool: Those are different dimensions and there is no reason to think that particular crimes are in relation to race rather than culture. Perhaps if you referring to the Ku Klux Klan or something which is a particular ideology your question would be more sincere.

I can't help how you interpret why I posted this topic
( " Despite the disclaimer...The question "what wrong with white males?" is framed as to bash white males.. And I say that as a black male.."), neither do I care.

Rasheed You can either answer the question to the best of your ability in an intelligent fashion or not, It will not affect the fact that I have asked an important question, and regardless of how you feel I will still be grilling for my Superbowl party in a few minutes.

The Fool: QED

Against The Ideologist

Just saying.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:53:00 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:44:51 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's cool. I'm white and okay with the title, so all whites have to be cool with it.

Lol, I see what you did there.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:55:12 AM
At 2/1/2015 11:53:00 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Lol, I see what you did there.

<(89)
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 11:55:44 AM

As a white male, I'm offended by this generalization, so all white males should be offended.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 1:48:18 PM
At 2/1/2015 11:55:44 AM, dylancatlow wrote:

As a white male, I'm offended by this generalization, so all white males should be offended.

I speak for white males, sir
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 1:53:34 PM
Question: What's wrong with white males?
Answer: What's wrong with humanity in general?
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 1:54:04 PM
At 2/1/2015 11:12:42 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The article reads: "Before his May 23rd premeditated killing spree, Elliot Rodger1 posted a YouTube video saying his intention was to "slaughter every single spoiled stuck up blonde slut I see" inside a sorority house, because they "all would have rejected [him] and looked down upon [him] as an inferior man if [he] ever made a sexual advance towards them." These chilling comments cannot be simply regarded as nonsense from a "madman," because they actually represent the deeply entrenched manifestation of our misogynistic society. Furthermore, the case of Elliot Rodger exposes the prevailing intersection between gender and race of gun violence."

The Fool: This is garbage, meant to seem in line with the reigning ideology of the times. The truth is that Elliott Roger felt that he was generally a nice guy to women, and he felt that life was unfair because despite being a nice guy women are generally attracted to the not so nice guys. So he"d given up on life and felt just in getting revenge on those kind of guys in those type women. The article and most feminists don"t actually get it right.

Against The Ideologist

It's a shame, how wrong you are.

He wasn't actually very nice to women at all, and reports following his killing spree/suicide reveal that he was antisocial, something that's supported by his personal documentation.

He was clearly a psychopath. He was narcissistic, and believed that women should be punished for not being interested in him. What sort of crazy nonsense is that?!

Women who have a habit of dating or sleeping with unkind men are a minority. They definitely prefer to be treated well. This is counter to the stereotype of the "crazy girlfriend," which happens less often than it does. Men don't actually like crazy women, no matter how attractive they are.

But, no matter how you look at it, someone who thinks that they aren't attractive or who isn't attracting the sort of people they prefer shouldn't then come to the conclusion that they should kill a bunch of people.
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2015 1:56:03 PM

Those white males generally commit murders comparable to criminals within a lifetime.

What's so shocking about these white males isn't their murder count, or the fact that they did it at all, but instead, that they would do so given that they're privileged white males that aren't involved in criminal activity.

That is what is so confusing. But, all things considered equal, I would say that white males are every bit as likely to kill a bunch of people as everyone else.

It's an assessment that should apply to humans in general.