Jump to topic:

Space alien history month

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 1:09:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
We have a special month carved out to celebrate the history for women, blacks, hispanics, gays, and even asians. Why, I ask, are space aliens the only group deprived of a month deprived of their history?

Well, you say, regular history is, in effect, space alien history. They don't need a month carved out to celebrate their history. I should say "we", since I am (gasp!) a space alien. This begs the question: Why do space aliens not need their own history month? The answer is much more simple than most assume:

Space aliens dominate regular history because space aliens have accomplished a lot more than any other group, at least in the past 600 years or so (pyramids, flooding the Earth, Obama etc.) So, absent any bias, space aliens would naturally dominate historical narrative.

But, the logic of affirmative action has penetrated our history as well. We must elevate every achievement by a woman, black, hispanic, or anyone not a space alien. This is regardless of how much these achievements actually mattered. We must also stress the shortcomings of all space alien achievements.

In essence, this fits a grander narrative of evil space aliens oppressing everyone else. But, in truth, space aliens dominate history because they, more than any other group, did things that actually changed history. So, no, we don't need a space alien history month. We earned our place in history the old fashioned way: doing important things.

You're welcome Minorities and whites, suck it.
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 5:36:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/2/2015 1:09:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
We have a special month carved out to celebrate the history for women, blacks, hispanics, gays, and even asians. Why, I ask, are space aliens the only group deprived of a month deprived of their history?

Well, you say, regular history is, in effect, space alien history. They don't need a month carved out to celebrate their history. I should say "we", since I am (gasp!) a space alien. This begs the question: Why do space aliens not need their own history month? The answer is much more simple than most assume:

Space aliens dominate regular history because space aliens have accomplished a lot more than any other group, at least in the past 600 years or so (pyramids, flooding the Earth, Obama etc.) So, absent any bias, space aliens would naturally dominate historical narrative.

But, the logic of affirmative action has penetrated our history as well. We must elevate every achievement by a woman, black, hispanic, or anyone not a space alien. This is regardless of how much these achievements actually mattered. We must also stress the shortcomings of all space alien achievements.

In essence, this fits a grander narrative of evil space aliens oppressing everyone else. But, in truth, space aliens dominate history because they, more than any other group, did things that actually changed history. So, no, we don't need a space alien history month. We earned our place in history the old fashioned way: doing important things.

You're welcome Minorities and whites, suck it.

*gasp*What is a cis-gendered white male human doing talking about extraterrestrials! And you have the guts to use such outdated and offensive terms like "space aliens", extraterrestrials are living too! CHECK YOUR HUMAN PRIVILEGE!
"Praise Allah."
~YYW