Total Posts:143|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why is Fool on the Hill Obsessed w/ Feminism?

R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 7:22:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

He is a machist and he is crazy. I link that to traumatic experiences associated with women. That's my quick freudian psychoanalysis.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 2:36:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
*bump*
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:38:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Sometimes it feels better to have a cause or a direction. Like, when i did philosophy of science in college, our tutor explained that sometimes it helps to set up a strawman argument to structure a paper. For example, sociobiology papers sometimes argue against creationism, not because it's an argument that needs to be demolished, but because it gives an energy and focus to their own arguments which are mostly descriptive. Similarly, in war, propaganda often tries to create a personalized enemy to generate pro-war sentiment and energize the populace.

I'm a feminist, and a fairly mainstream sort of feminist, but Fool_on_the_Hill's arguments although "anti-feminist" do not seem to be directed at me because he's constructing a sort of fictitious feminist to argue against. He's not interested in understanding feminism, but rather in fighting it, and if there's a feminist perspective that he agrees with or is in sympathy with, he dismisses it as not really feminist, even though most people think it is.

I think that fighting with someone or something is often a lot easier and less threatening than interacting with them or it. I think people do it to create space for themselves to think properly sometimes.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:45:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Fool: For the record"I'm not anti-feminist". I'm simply really critical feminist the sexist approaches approaches and theory that feminism mostly consist of.

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:47:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Fixed
* The Fool: For the record... I'm not anti-feminist". [I'm simply really critical of sexist feminist,attitudes, Beliefs ,approaches, and or theories, which it for the most part consists of. ]

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:58:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:45:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: For the record"I'm not anti-feminist". I'm simply really critical feminist the sexist approaches approaches and theory that feminism mostly consist of.

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...

I wouldn't have written anything, except that you bumped it, so I figured you were craving attention.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:59:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Why is Fool on the Hill Obsessed w/ Feminism?"

I almost made the same exact thread yesterday...
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:00:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

I am not sure if he is crazy like Otokage said but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. What else better does he have to do? I have came to the conclusion a while ago, 80% of this site is extremely boring and are interested in discussing boring things.

Boring people discuss boring things. How is feminism worth discussing more than once a month? It puts me to sleep. Perhaps if we were actually concerned with problem solving, I would be interested.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:02:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:58:11 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:45:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: For the record"I'm not anti-feminist". I'm simply really critical feminist the sexist approaches approaches and theory that feminism mostly consist of.

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...

I wouldn't have written anything, except that you bumped it, so I figured you were craving attention.

The Fool: I'm glad you admit to completely shItting out of your mouth.

Against The Ideologist


Menstruating even
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:09:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:02:33 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:58:11 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:45:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: For the record"I'm not anti-feminist". I'm simply really critical feminist the sexist approaches approaches and theory that feminism mostly consist of.

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...

I wouldn't have written anything, except that you bumped it, so I figured you were craving attention.

The Fool: I'm glad you admit to completely shItting out of your mouth.

Against The Ideologist


Menstruating even

No, I mean I would have kept my thoughts to myself because I don't think these call out threads are fair. Not that I was "shitting out of my mouth". Sigh.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:22:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:09:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:02:33 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:58:11 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:45:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: For the record"I'm not anti-feminist". I'm simply really critical feminist the sexist approaches approaches and theory that feminism mostly consist of.

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...

I wouldn't have written anything, except that you bumped it, so I figured you were craving attention.

The Fool: I'm glad you admit to completely shItting out of your mouth.

Against The Ideologist


Menstruating even

Garbanza : No, I mean I would have kept my thoughts to myself because I don't think these call out threads are fair.

The Fool: but you've spoken falsely, twice wise. For it not really a call out thread, Since well, I was hardly invited... It's a hate speech thread.. In the literal sense.. But I do support this particular thread... I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Garbanza: Not that I was "shitting out of my mouth". Sigh.

The Fool: But it is pooh-pooh thinking.. A waste of mind.. In essence a waste product.

Against The Ideologist

Some sort of excrement..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:24:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:59:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
"Why is Fool on the Hill Obsessed w/ Feminism?"

1harderthanyouthink : I almost made the same exact thread yesterday...

The Fool: is there any argument, or claim that I've made in particular which you think is false?

Against The Ideologist
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:25:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:00:55 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

I am not sure if he is crazy like Otokage said but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. What else better does he have to do? I have came to the conclusion a while ago, 80% of this site is extremely boring and are interested in discussing boring things.

Boring people discuss boring things. How is feminism worth discussing more than once a month? It puts me to sleep. Perhaps if we were actually concerned with problem solving, I would be interested.

The Fool: Exciting enough to have a thread devoted to me.. In fact I've had many threads devoted to me..
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:26:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:22:31 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:09:27 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:02:33 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:58:11 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:45:10 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: For the record"I'm not anti-feminist". I'm simply really critical feminist the sexist approaches approaches and theory that feminism mostly consist of.

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...

I wouldn't have written anything, except that you bumped it, so I figured you were craving attention.

The Fool: I'm glad you admit to completely shItting out of your mouth.

Against The Ideologist


Menstruating even

Garbanza : No, I mean I would have kept my thoughts to myself because I don't think these call out threads are fair.

The Fool: but you've spoken falsely, twice wise. For it not really a call out thread, Since well, I was hardly invited... It's a hate speech thread.. In the literal sense.. But I do support this particular thread... I'd like to hear what you guys think.

Garbanza: Not that I was "shitting out of my mouth". Sigh.

The Fool: But it is pooh-pooh thinking.. A waste of mind.. In essence a waste product.

Against The Ideologist

Some sort of excrement..

Of course. I'm a feminist and I'm saying stuff. Of course you think that.
1harderthanyouthink
Posts: 13,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:26:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:24:59 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:59:29 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
"Why is Fool on the Hill Obsessed w/ Feminism?"

1harderthanyouthink : I almost made the same exact thread yesterday...

The Fool: is there any argument, or claim that I've made in particular which you think is false?

Against The Ideologist

I do not often click on your threads about feminists, I just wonder why you make so many of them.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
DarthVitiosus
Posts: 624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:29:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:25:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:00:55 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

I am not sure if he is crazy like Otokage said but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. What else better does he have to do? I have came to the conclusion a while ago, 80% of this site is extremely boring and are interested in discussing boring things.

Boring people discuss boring things. How is feminism worth discussing more than once a month? It puts me to sleep. Perhaps if we were actually concerned with problem solving, I would be interested.

The Fool: Exciting enough to have a thread devoted to me.. In fact I've had many threads devoted to me..

And?
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:30:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago

The Fool: But it is pooh-pooh thinking.. A waste of mind.. In essence a waste product.

Against The Ideologist

Some sort of excrement..

Garbanza: Of course. I'm a feminist and I'm saying stuff. Of course you think that.

The Fool: Okay... What are you hoping for.. A mob rally.

Nice attempt to play the victim..
<(8D)
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:31:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:29:16 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:25:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:00:55 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

I am not sure if he is crazy like Otokage said but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. What else better does he have to do? I have came to the conclusion a while ago, 80% of this site is extremely boring and are interested in discussing boring things.

Boring people discuss boring things. How is feminism worth discussing more than once a month? It puts me to sleep. Perhaps if we were actually concerned with problem solving, I would be interested.

The Fool: Exciting enough to have a thread devoted to me.. In fact I've had many threads devoted to me..

And?

The Fool: And crescendo;.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:32:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:30:24 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:

The Fool: But it is pooh-pooh thinking.. A waste of mind.. In essence a waste product.

Against The Ideologist

Some sort of excrement..

Garbanza: Of course. I'm a feminist and I'm saying stuff. Of course you think that.

The Fool: Okay... What are you hoping for.. A mob rally.

Nice attempt to play the victim..
<(8D)

Of course. That's what we feminists do. I'll be screaming rape next.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:33:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:31:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:29:16 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:25:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:00:55 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

I am not sure if he is crazy like Otokage said but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. What else better does he have to do? I have came to the conclusion a while ago, 80% of this site is extremely boring and are interested in discussing boring things.

Boring people discuss boring things. How is feminism worth discussing more than once a month? It puts me to sleep. Perhaps if we were actually concerned with problem solving, I would be interested.

The Fool: Exciting enough to have a thread devoted to me.. In fact I've had many threads devoted to me..

And?

The Fool: And crescendo;.

Oh no such a victim.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:36:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 6:33:19 PM, Garbanza wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:31:06 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:29:16 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:25:38 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
At 2/3/2015 6:00:55 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

I am not sure if he is crazy like Otokage said but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. What else better does he have to do? I have came to the conclusion a while ago, 80% of this site is extremely boring and are interested in discussing boring things.

Boring people discuss boring things. How is feminism worth discussing more than once a month? It puts me to sleep. Perhaps if we were actually concerned with problem solving, I would be interested.

The Fool: Exciting enough to have a thread devoted to me.. In fact I've had many threads devoted to me..

And?

The Fool: And crescendo;.

Oh no such a victim.

http://www.debate.org...
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 6:38:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
And to all a good night.!!
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
fazz
Posts: 1,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 7:22:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:47:36 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
Fixed
* The Fool: For the record... I'm not anti-feminist". [I'm simply really critical of sexist feminist,attitudes, Beliefs ,approaches, and or theories, which it for the most part consists of. ]

So you do have friends who are women..?

Don't let that stop you... Carry on...
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 7:42:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 7:22:36 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

He is a machist and he is crazy. I link that to traumatic experiences associated with women. That's my quick freudian psychoanalysis.

A machist? Please explain.
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 11:49:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 5:38:59 PM, Garbanza wrote:
Sometimes it feels better to have a cause or a direction. Like, when i did philosophy of science in college, our tutor explained that sometimes it helps to set up a strawman argument to structure a paper. For example, sociobiology papers sometimes argue against creationism, not because it's an argument that needs to be demolished, but because it gives an energy and focus to their own arguments which are mostly descriptive. Similarly, in war, propaganda often tries to create a personalized enemy to generate pro-war sentiment and energize the populace.

I'm a feminist, and a fairly mainstream sort of feminist, but Fool_on_the_Hill's arguments although "anti-feminist" do not seem to be directed at me because he's constructing a sort of fictitious feminist to argue against. He's not interested in understanding feminism, but rather in fighting it, and if there's a feminist perspective that he agrees with or is in sympathy with, he dismisses it as not really feminist, even though most people think it is.

I think that fighting with someone or something is often a lot easier and less threatening than interacting with them or it. I think people do it to create space for themselves to think properly sometimes.

Well that's an interesting explanation, at the very least. As somebody who has often struggled with direction, I can definitely appreciate it. But to say one should be careful with such a strawman is an understatement, it seems like a practice destined for misguidance. It's one thing to breach logic, and another entirely to be motivated by anger towards a particular group. Ironically, he has a point that this particular group is probably hate-based themselves, but the Fool becomes as bad as the worst feminist when he concentrates such crude attacks on them. By "stooping to the level" of the ones he attacks, the Fool becomes just as morally and logically impermissible as the worst feminist he shakes his angry finger at.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
intellectuallyprimitive
Posts: 1,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 1:48:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

It is a topic that interests him, quite simple if you ponder it.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:00:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/3/2015 7:42:16 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:22:36 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

He is a machist and he is crazy. I link that to traumatic experiences associated with women. That's my quick freudian psychoanalysis.

A machist? Please explain.

In most of his interventions regarding gender, especialy regarding feminist women, he displays machism, which is: "a strong sense of masculine pride [...] the supreme valuation of characteristics culturally associated with the masculine and a denigration of characteristics associated with the feminine. [...] A condescension of the swaggering male; the trappings of manliness used to dominate women and keep them in their place. [...] Supporter of hegemonic masculinity, patriarchy..."
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 6:05:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 6:00:34 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:42:16 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:22:36 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

He is a machist and he is crazy. I link that to traumatic experiences associated with women. That's my quick freudian psychoanalysis.

A machist? Please explain.

In most of his interventions regarding gender, especialy regarding feminist women, he displays machism, which is: "a strong sense of masculine pride [...] the supreme valuation of characteristics culturally associated with the masculine and a denigration of characteristics associated with the feminine. [...] A condescension of the swaggering male; the trappings of manliness used to dominate women and keep them in their place. [...] Supporter of hegemonic masculinity, patriarchy..."

I think you mean machismo; machist kinda sounds like masochist.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/4/2015 8:20:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/4/2015 6:05:55 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 2/4/2015 6:00:34 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:42:16 PM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:22:36 AM, Otokage wrote:
At 2/3/2015 7:06:08 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
I haven't been around in a while, does anybody have a quick psychoanalysis to catch me up?

He is a machist and he is crazy. I link that to traumatic experiences associated with women. That's my quick freudian psychoanalysis.

A machist? Please explain.

In most of his interventions regarding gender, especialy regarding feminist women, he displays machism, which is: "a strong sense of masculine pride [...] the supreme valuation of characteristics culturally associated with the masculine and a denigration of characteristics associated with the feminine. [...] A condescension of the swaggering male; the trappings of manliness used to dominate women and keep them in their place. [...] Supporter of hegemonic masculinity, patriarchy..."

I think you mean machismo; machist kinda sounds like masochist.

Oh, machismo is the word we use in Spain, didn't know it was also that one in english. Thanks. Machismo then :)