Jump to topic:

Protection laws for animals in slaughter hous

Itani
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2015 11:35:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Killing is never pretty, but there is a need for it. Torture, however, is not. In some slaughter houses, the workers don't kill the animals quickly, but deliberately slow. There're no laws against the abuse. I've watched a lot of videos, and I can say that the employees doing this are sadists.

Should there be laws against this? There has to be an efficient and quick way of killing, and there is, but not when people that enjoy causing pain are around. It looks like working in this kind of job is the only way they can do this without being punished for it.
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -Lord Acton

🔯`51; Has science gone to far? `51;🔯
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:00:34 AM
At 2/22/2015 11:35:01 PM, Itani wrote:
Killing is never pretty, but there is a need for it. Torture, however, is not. In some slaughter houses, the workers don't kill the animals quickly, but deliberately slow. There're no laws against the abuse. I've watched a lot of videos, and I can say that the employees doing this are sadists.

Should there be laws against this? There has to be an efficient and quick way of killing, and there is, but not when people that enjoy causing pain are around. It looks like working in this kind of job is the only way they can do this without being punished for it.

The company that I work for does slaughterhouse collections, and a penchant deliberately slow killing would get the employee fired for holding up the line. You probably saw a very isolated case, and that person probably doesn't work at a slaughterhouse anymore, because cruelty is inefficient.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Itani
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2015 12:04:02 AM
At 2/23/2015 12:00:34 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 2/22/2015 11:35:01 PM, Itani wrote:

The company that I work for does slaughterhouse collections, and a penchant deliberately slow killing would get the employee fired for holding up the line. You probably saw a very isolated case, and that person probably doesn't work at a slaughterhouse anymore, because cruelty is inefficient.

Oh, well, that's good to know. Hopefully most of them are monitored like that. And, yes, cruelty is inefficient.
"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -Lord Acton

🔯`51; Has science gone to far? `51;🔯