Jump to topic:

DDO Utopia Project

Gustav_Adolf_II
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:48:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I thought this was as good a time as ever to begin a collective effort to theorize DDO's version of a utopian society. Everyone can post what their utopian society would be (please refrain from making it a dictatorship with you at the top) and discus the pros and cons of each others systems.
"Quoting yourself only makes you look like an arrogant jerk" - Gustav_Adolf_II
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 8:28:59 PM
I think utopia is where everyone has what they want, so really the only way to please everyone is to take away the possibility to disagree. So if we where all robots. or dead or zombies or all three. Basically utopia would be a bunch of mindless zombie robots. Unless you wanted an isolated utopia where only a certain group of people are in utopia and the rest of humanity lives without utopia.
omanjoka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 9:38:46 AM
I can't imagine a real utopia. There are just too many aspects and traits in humanity that make it so we all can't live next to someone we don't trust. I can believe we can come close to a utopia. If every aspect of survival is met with the abundant availability of all the resources needed (like food security, energy security, and housing) then you make it so people aren't at war for for such resources.

Through the decrease of ignorance, the increase of education, and the access of cutting edge technology to everyone, you decrease the chances of war and increase the chances of long lasting peace.

1.In my near-Utopian world, carbon free energy takes center stage and provides sustainability and electricity to much of the world.

2. Autonomous everything would give us complete freedom to do whatever we want. Using robots to mine the moon and asteroid belt to harvest all the raw materials we need.

3.Greening the deserts, vertical farming, and huge amounts of water purification makes it so people never go hungry.

4. Money would still be used for purchasing power. If you don't want to work, then you only get what you need to survive.

Please add to this utopian-like system.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-Epicurus.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 5:12:52 AM
'When the Grand course was pursued, a public and common spirit ruled all under the sky; they chose men of talents, virtue, and ability; their words were sincere, and what they cultivated was harmony. Thus men did not love their parents only, nor treat as children only their own sons. A competent provision was secured for the aged till their death, employment for the able-bodied, and the means of growing up to the young. They showed kindness and compassion to widows, orphans, childless men, and those who were disabled by disease, so that they were all sufficiently maintained. Males had their proper work, and females had their homes. (They accumulated) articles (of value), disliking that they should be thrown away upon the ground, but not wishing to keep them for their own gratification. (They laboured) with their strength, disliking that it should not be exerted, but not exerting it (only) with a view to their own advantage. In this way (selfish) schemings were repressed and found no development. Robbers, filchers, and rebellious traitors did not show themselves, and hence the outer doors remained open, and were not shut. This was (the period of) what we call the Grand Union.' (Book of Rites 9.1)
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...