Jump to topic:

"Equality" v. Property Rights

Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 11:15:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The current state of affairs that has been building up since the civil rights act is problematic, the state and the supreme court both have ruled in favor of provisions and acts that are slowly eroding away at the individual's right to property and in some cases the individual's right to be free from involuntary servitude. A key example of this is the Samantha Elauf v. Abercrombie & Fitch case, which implies that the government should be able to tell private businesses what dress codes they can have for their employees, an absurd violation of the business owner's property rights.

I have a question for all "tolerant liberals" out there, when does it stop? When do my individual rights take precedence over your frivolous campaign for "equality" and "fairness"? In general I strongly detest the idea that the majority has a right to impose their morality on my doorstep, so I have a question to any overzealous moral crusader, why is it that you think the government should be used as a vehicle to outlaw, ban and suppress anything you dislike? Where do you derive your justification for that from?
Objectivity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 11:16:27 AM
Note that my frustration extends not just to liberals, but to conservatives who want to ban drugs, refuse to recognize gay marriage and think they have the moral authority to tell me that I cannot end my own life with a physician's assistance.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 12:32:06 PM
Im having a hard time making out exactly who and what your problem is. First it sounded like your problem was with the government, then liberals, and with the last comment you throw conservatives in there too. Sounds like you just don't like being told what to do. I get it. But if its better for the country(and I am making this up to prove a point) to outlaw euthanasia for whatever reason, wouldn't that be fair? How you dress I agree with but I guess I wondering how much involvement you think the government should have in our lives.