Jump to topic:

On International Crime

YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 11:09:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Usually, I wouldn't care about gangs beyond the Third Street Saints and treat color gangs as clowns. Today however, I was involved in the arrests of five MS-13 members. The Officer I was riding along with is one of the only Spanish speakers on the police force. It turns out the criminals had warrants on them already, were in the possession of unlicensed weapons, AND were in the process of attempting to rob a store.

For those who don't know (as I didn't until a few hours ago), MS-13 are a Salvadorian gang spreading across America.

As events like this and gang related SWAT standoffs have become more common in my city as of late, I want to know if any of you have experience with this sort of thing or what your opinions on International Crime are.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 11:37:15 PM
At 3/7/2015 11:09:28 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
Usually, I wouldn't care about gangs beyond the Third Street Saints and treat color gangs as clowns. Today however, I was involved in the arrests of five MS-13 members. The Officer I was riding along with is one of the only Spanish speakers on the police force. It turns out the criminals had warrants on them already, were in the possession of unlicensed weapons, AND were in the process of attempting to rob a store.

For those who don't know (as I didn't until a few hours ago), MS-13 are a Salvadorian gang spreading across America.

As events like this and gang related SWAT standoffs have become more common in my city as of late, I want to know if any of you have experience with this sort of thing or what your opinions on International Crime are.

MS13 are some bad motherf*ckers. You really don't want to mess with them. Also, what state is this? I find it pretty surprising that your local police force has so few Spanish speakers, if it's in an actual city.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 3:29:39 PM
At 3/7/2015 11:37:15 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

MS13 are some bad motherf*ckers. You really don't want to mess with them.
I'm sure my family is fine against simple thugs.
Also, what state is this? I find it pretty surprising that your local police force has so few Spanish speakers, if it's in an actual city.
The state is Ohio and we have a very low amount of Spanish speaking Officers in my city.
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 3:42:05 PM
At 3/8/2015 3:29:39 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

Also, what state is this? I find it pretty surprising that your local police force has so few Spanish speakers, if it's in an actual city.
The state is Ohio and we have a very low amount of Spanish speaking Officers in my city.

Perhaps in Ohio MS 13 are nothing more than simple thugs, in which case you are lucky. If you lived near one of their power bases, you'd be singing a different tune. Their methods are unsettling to say the least. And it's interesting that you bring up your family, as they'd likely be the ones becoming intimately familiar with those methods.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 4:02:34 PM
At 3/8/2015 3:42:05 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Perhaps in Ohio MS 13 are nothing more than simple thugs, in which case you are lucky. If you lived near one of their power bases, you'd be singing a different tune. Their methods are unsettling to say the least. And it's interesting that you bring up your family, as they'd likely be the ones becoming intimately familiar with those methods.
Yeah.. killing a member of my family would not be smart for any of their members.
There are things more powerful than things like Ms-13 and the Crips that do not have to wear flashy colours or announce themselves.
They are just there behind the scenes.
So I'm confident me and my family are perfectly safe.
TUF, and YYW
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 4:26:40 PM
At 3/8/2015 4:02:34 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:
At 3/8/2015 3:42:05 PM, ford_prefect wrote:

Yeah.. killing a member of my family would not be smart for any of their members.
There are things more powerful than things like Ms-13 and the Crips that do not have to wear flashy colours or announce themselves.
They are just there behind the scenes.
So I'm confident me and my family are perfectly safe.

In Ohio, I'm sure you are