Jump to topic:

Discrimination against Attractiveness

allwalksoflife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 12:30:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In todays world, particularly in the Business World, when hired or getting paid higher salary, many studies show that attractive people tend to get the most benefits, and people who are perceived as unattractive tend be below the rate then the attractive people. People call it the halo effect, that we tend to trust the ones that are perceived as attractive. It all comes to biology, but is there a way to stop the discrimination against Attractiveness/Unattractiveness?

Say you were to hire one person in your high end company and had to interviewed two people. Both had the exact qualifications, amazing resumes and personalities, yet one was perceived as unattractive and the other attractive, who would you hire?
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 1:03:19 PM
At 3/16/2015 12:30:13 PM, allwalksoflife wrote:
In todays world, particularly in the Business World, when hired or getting paid higher salary, many studies show that attractive people tend to get the most benefits, and people who are perceived as unattractive tend be below the rate then the attractive people. People call it the halo effect, that we tend to trust the ones that are perceived as attractive. It all comes to biology, but is there a way to stop the discrimination against Attractiveness/Unattractiveness?

Say you were to hire one person in your high end company and had to interviewed two people. Both had the exact qualifications, amazing resumes and personalities, yet one was perceived as unattractive and the other attractive, who would you hire?

Attractiveness? If in terms of perception, then surely it's an qualitative tool to measure the ability. Thus can't guess why is your exact direction.....
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 7:42:41 PM
It's biological. A symmetrical face shows that you have good genes and will produce healthy people. That why people like symmetrical faces. A strong body on a guy shows he can protect his spouse and big hips ons women mean she can give birth. It is also believed that big breasts equal more fertility and more fertility equals more likelihood of getting pregnant. Healthy thin bodies will make healthy people.
Still we should be judged by our character and not based on our looks.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 8:12:12 PM
At 3/16/2015 7:42:41 PM, Dilara wrote:
It's biological. A symmetrical face shows that you have good genes and will produce healthy people. That why people like symmetrical faces. A strong body on a guy shows he can protect his spouse and big hips ons women mean she can give birth. It is also believed that big breasts equal more fertility and more fertility equals more likelihood of getting pregnant. Healthy thin bodies will make healthy people.

Judging by looks is fair. I don't want some fat Bitchh with no titties serving me at Hooters.
allwalksoflife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 8:31:29 PM
At 3/16/2015 8:12:12 PM, Wylted wrote:

Judging by looks is fair. I don't want some fat Bitchh with no titties serving me at Hooters.

I do agree, for modeling purposes or places such as hooters or other joints that are similar they are required to be quite attractive.

But besides hooters, what about big corporations of business that involves very high pay in marketing or law?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 8:46:02 PM
At 3/16/2015 8:31:29 PM, allwalksoflife wrote:

I do agree, for modeling purposes or places such as hooters or other joints that are similar they are required to be quite attractive.

But besides hooters, what about big corporations of business that involves very high pay in marketing or law?

I'd be happier with a busty femal cop throwoling me to the ground and violating my constitutional rights as well as giving me a thorough pat Down. Right now I have to settle for ugly dudes all hopped up on donuts and free coffee.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 10:58:26 PM
At 3/16/2015 8:31:29 PM, allwalksoflife wrote:

I had a previous employer pretty much state his hiring aims:
"All qualifications being equal, it costs just as much to higher cute ones..."

so... yeah.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 9:40:20 AM

That is true though. And model companies should not be forced to hire fat ugly people either. And I shouldn't be forced to date an ugly guy.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 9:42:27 AM
At 3/17/2015 9:40:20 AM, Dilara wrote:

That is true though. And model companies should not be forced to hire fat ugly people either. And I shouldn't be forced to date an ugly guy.

You probably will date an ugly guy anyway if he is enough of an asswhole or gets paid handsomely.
Dilara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 9:43:41 AM
At 3/17/2015 9:42:27 AM, Wylted wrote:

You probably will date an ugly guy anyway if he is enough of an asswhole or gets paid handsomely.

Nope. I'm dating a nice and handsome man. I want my kids to have good genes.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 9:46:27 AM
At 3/17/2015 9:43:41 AM, Dilara wrote:
At 3/17/2015 9:42:27 AM, Wylted wrote:

Nope. I'm dating a nice and handsome man. I want my kids to have good genes.

Oh, good for you. I've never seen a girl prefer nice guys to asswholes, but I am glad at least one exists :)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 10:58:43 AM
At 3/17/2015 10:04:46 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I also ain't gonna hire a nice guy. Can't stand nice ppl.

D1ck
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2015 11:45:24 AM
At 3/17/2015 10:03:05 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
I agree with Wylted. I aint gonna hire no fat folks. Most ppl can look good if they try.

What on earth it has to do with being fat? Alright fatness is illness but that's not something to look down.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~