Jump to topic:

Children desearve to speak too

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:34:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just cause your under the age of 18 doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to speak your mind, and doesn't mean that you don't have things worth saying, or reasons for doing something.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:42:01 AM
Children desearve to speak, yes, but they also desearve to be lerned gud speling first.
"We were having a philosophical discussion and I asserted that the only demonstrable reality is individual consciousness, but he insisted on the existence of a priori moral values that transcended free will. So I hit him." - Walon Vau
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:49:19 AM
At 7/19/2010 11:42:01 AM, GeorgeCarlinWorshipper wrote:
Children desearve to speak, yes, but they also desearve to be lerned gud speling first.

What did I mispel? (don't have time to look into it much. Didn't even really have time to write it.)
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:53:43 AM
At 7/19/2010 11:34:24 AM, lovelife wrote:
Just cause your under the age of 18 doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to speak your mind, and doesn't mean that you don't have things worth saying, or reasons for doing something.

When the hell were they barred from speaking?
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:54:45 AM
Misspelled "deserve" and "misspell".
"We were having a philosophical discussion and I asserted that the only demonstrable reality is individual consciousness, but he insisted on the existence of a priori moral values that transcended free will. So I hit him." - Walon Vau
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:56:57 AM
At 7/19/2010 11:54:45 AM, GeorgeCarlinWorshipper wrote:
Misspelled "deserve" and "misspell".

oh lol.

Well its kinda a personal thing that I know happens to other ppl too.
I got grounded for yelling when my 2 year old bro poured water on some legal papers, then tried to explain. I got grounded for arguing, and it still bugs me.
GeorgeCarlinWorshipper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 11:59:51 AM
Yikes. Don't have siblings, but I've seen younger siblings win disputes with older ones simply by virtue of age. It pisses me off.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:02:07 PM

Youth Rights!

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:02:43 PM
At 7/19/2010 11:59:51 AM, GeorgeCarlinWorshipper wrote:
Yikes. Don't have siblings, but I've seen younger siblings win disputes with older ones simply by virtue of age. It pisses me off.

I have 3 bros and a sis. The oldest is 8 and the twins are 2. I lose many battles.

The thing I hate is people think they just need to shut everyone else up just cause their younger. Age has nothing to do with whether your thoughts are/should be important or not.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:13:37 PM
Just cause your under the age of 18 doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to speak your mind, and doesn't mean that you don't have things worth saying, or reasons for doing something.:

Agreed, in principle. But is there something more specific you'd like to ask/share?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:15:15 PM
At 7/19/2010 12:13:37 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Just cause your under the age of 18 doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to speak your mind, and doesn't mean that you don't have things worth saying, or reasons for doing something.:

Agreed, in principle. But is there something more specific you'd like to ask/share?

Why do people act like age has to do with being important? I suppose thats a question I'd really like answered. I heard this kid like 8 or so beat his 4 month old sister to death and the law didn't do anything about it.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:16:43 PM
At 7/19/2010 12:15:15 PM, lovelife wrote:
Why do people act like age has to do with being important?

Because they are ageist.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:17:39 PM
At 7/19/2010 12:16:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Children have mouths. They can.

/Thread

People have the will to wear nothing but a burqa and walk around in France. Doesn't mean their allowed to.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:39:04 PM
The thing I hate is people think they just need to shut everyone else up just cause their younger. Age has nothing to do with whether your thoughts are/should be important or not.:

Well, children are notorious for thinking that they know more than they actually do (every generation goes through it), but yes, they still have a voice and still have a right to express their views.

I don't think, though, you'll have too much opposition to that belief. Did somebody say something specific?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:44:27 PM
At 7/19/2010 12:17:39 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/19/2010 12:16:02 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Children have mouths. They can.

/Thread

People have the will to wear nothing but a burqa and walk around in France. Doesn't mean their allowed to.

Children have clamps on their mouths?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:49:56 PM
At 7/19/2010 12:39:04 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The thing I hate is people think they just need to shut everyone else up just cause their younger. Age has nothing to do with whether your thoughts are/should be important or not.:

Well, children are notorious for thinking that they know more than they actually do (every generation goes through it), but yes, they still have a voice and still have a right to express their views.

Not arguing that.

I don't think, though, you'll have too much opposition to that belief. Did somebody say something specific?

Didn't think I would, especially since most members are pretty young. Just keep getting in trouble for saying stuff, even if its just little.

And Panda, not usually. They do get in trouble for it. Are clothes sewn to the body?are burqas burned when they touch hair?
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:56:42 PM
Agreed in principle as well, you're just doing a terrible job of stating your point.

Essentially, I find it wrong that parents can indoctrinate their children and punish them for not agreeing with them. I find it wrong that having a child is considered a "right" but the child's rights aren't considered nearly as important. I find it wrong that age is automatically considered a deciding factor in an argument--ie, "well you'll learn someday, I'm right". Etc.

With that said, minors/young people who want to be taken seriously do need to learn to spell, lovelife.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 12:58:23 PM
At 7/19/2010 12:56:42 PM, Yvette wrote:
Agreed in principle as well, you're just doing a terrible job of stating your point.

Essentially, I find it wrong that parents can indoctrinate their children and punish them for not agreeing with them. I find it wrong that having a child is considered a "right" but the child's rights aren't considered nearly as important. I find it wrong that age is automatically considered a deciding factor in an argument--ie, "well you'll learn someday, I'm right". Etc.

With that said, minors/young people who want to be taken seriously do need to learn to spell, lovelife.

Yeah I already caught hell for that. Sorry about the typos.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:00:52 PM

Yes it does. Children should be seen and not heard.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:02:40 PM
It's just like how a child supposably isn't allowed to choose their own faith until they're an adult. That pretty much means the parents are free to brainwash their children.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:12:01 PM
At 7/19/2010 3:13:30 PM, Anacharsis wrote:
LOL, I wish children upon the lot of you. ;)

Thats soooo mean. I hate kids. Once their 10 years or older then I can handle them. But little kids *cries at the thought* They wouldn't live in a house with me. (says the one with 4 younger siblings. The oldest being 7 years younger)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:13:03 PM
At 7/19/2010 6:02:40 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
It's just like how a child supposably isn't allowed to choose their own faith until they're an adult. That pretty much means the parents are free to brainwash their children.

>_< that really pisses me off too.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:14:58 PM
At 7/19/2010 6:13:03 PM, lovelife wrote:

Yea, I got lucky I suppose since I wasn't subjected to that sort of thing. Many of my friends were though. :(
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:19:48 PM
At 7/19/2010 6:14:58 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Yea, I got lucky I suppose since I wasn't subjected to that sort of thing. Many of my friends were though. :(

good for you sucks for them. My mom "thinks" she isn't trying to brainwash me (or thinks that I think she isn't) She just tries to make me feel guilty if I ever express that I don't agree with christianity. Actually she pointed several contradictions out to me, then said we're supposed to live with them.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:25:04 PM
At 7/19/2010 6:12:01 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/19/2010 3:13:30 PM, Anacharsis wrote:
LOL, I wish children upon the lot of you. ;)

Thats soooo mean. I hate kids.

That's not unusual among those of us who believe that children have the same rights as other human beings tbh.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:26:28 PM
At 7/19/2010 6:19:48 PM, lovelife wrote:

good for you sucks for them. My mom "thinks" she isn't trying to brainwash me (or thinks that I think she isn't) She just tries to make me feel guilty if I ever express that I don't agree with christianity. Actually she pointed several contradictions out to me, then said we're supposed to live with them.

Lmao. I think there's a problem when even Christians admit to the Bible being contradictory.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2010 6:35:45 PM
At 7/19/2010 6:26:28 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 7/19/2010 6:19:48 PM, lovelife wrote:

Lmao. I think there's a problem when even Christians admit to the Bible being contradictory.

Lol yeah.

And what do you mean R_R? I just hate small kids, and because I value (love) life then I wish them to not be in my pressence. It is not nice for me or the children for them to be wished upon me. That said mom thought she liked kids. Then she had me.