Jump to topic:

Why are black people so violent?

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 6:46:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Just saw this video where a guy hits on other guys. The majority of black people in this video react immediately with violence.

I can't help but to feel that the average white person would just politely tell the guy they aren't interested, or even if they told him rudely, they'd keep their hands to themselves. So why is it that Black Americans are so prone to violence? I say black Americans because most of the African guys I meet are real laid back with a great sense of humor.

As a matter of fact this is a guy doing something worse to white people in the next video (hitting on their girlfriends), and yet not a single white person resorts to violence.

https://m.youtube.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 6:56:38 PM
If nobody answers my question, I guess I'll be forced to stop by Starbuxks early for some coffee and race talk.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:02:03 PM
Two contributing factors, imo.

Firstly, they have a culture steeped in degeneracy wherein women have been sexually liberated. Ultimately, women are attracted to the very best mate, and would rather have a chance at the top male than have a confirmed relationship with an average male. You see this in the wild with creatures like lions, wherein the alpha lion gets 5/6 female lions whilst the other male lions get nothing. This triggers black male behaviour to be far more competitive, hence anything that may be perceived as a slight against their sexual potency needs to be combated, or else they won't get any women.

Secondly, American Blacks have a far greater incidence of what is known as the 'warrior gene' (~10x the incidence rate of Whites; ~50x the incidence rate of Asians). What this gene does is it creates a being who is prone to causing fights, does not calm down quickly after being startled and is generally more aggressive.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:03:57 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:02:03 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Firstly, they have a culture steeped in degeneracy wherein women have been sexually liberated. Ultimately, women are attracted to the very best mate, and would rather have a chance at the top male than have a confirmed relationship with an average male. You see this in the wild with creatures like lions, wherein the alpha lion gets 5/6 female lions whilst the other male lions get nothing. This triggers black male behaviour to be far more competitive, hence anything that may be perceived as a slight against their sexual potency needs to be combated, or else they won't get any women.

Secondly, American Blacks have a far greater incidence of what is known as the 'warrior gene' (~10x the incidence rate of Whites; ~50x the incidence rate of Asians). What this gene does is it creates a being who is prone to causing fights, does not calm down quickly after being startled and is generally more aggressive.

I thought it was because their higher testosterone level has been linked to aggressive behavior, but I could see their being more than one cause.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:06:41 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:03:57 PM, Wylted wrote:

I thought it was because their higher testosterone level has been linked to aggressive behavior, but I could see their being more than one cause.

It could be that; I'm not an expert on this...
jowett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:28:01 PM
@Zarroette Your profile says you're from Australia, so you would know about black Americans how?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:33:36 PM

This makes no sense in an age of monogamous relationships.

I'd say that environmental conditions are the most important factor here.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:34:23 PM
At 3/22/2015 6:46:41 PM, Wylted wrote:
Just saw this video where a guy hits on other guys. The majority of black people in this video react immediately with violence.

I can't help but to feel that the average white person would just politely tell the guy they aren't interested, or even if they told him rudely, they'd keep their hands to themselves. So why is it that Black Americans are so prone to violence? I say black Americans because most of the African guys I meet are real laid back with a great sense of humor.

As a matter of fact this is a guy doing something worse to white people in the next video (hitting on their girlfriends), and yet not a single white person resorts to violence.

But aren't you half black?

The DDO Blog:

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:34:27 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:28:01 PM, jowett wrote:
@Zarroette Your profile says you're from Australia, so you would know about black Americans how?

Your logical fallacy is: Ad Hominem
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:36:51 PM

There are around 240-250 thousand black people in Australia.

The DDO Blog:

Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:38:40 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:33:36 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Human biology overrides the culture, unless it is stifled. Since humans are living in times of sexual liberation, the social constraint of monogamy dissolves.

You do realise I am talking about genetics, right? Not micro-evolutionary adaptions that occur during life-time encounters within a particular environment.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:40:33 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:38:40 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Human biology overrides the culture, unless it is stifled. Since humans are living in times of sexual liberation, the social constraint of monogamy dissolves.

So what you're saying is that 5 women will still be with one "alpha male" simultaneously, even when polygyny is frowned upon?

You do realise I am talking about genetics, right? Not micro-evolutionary adaptions that occur during life-time encounters within a particular environment.

The DDO Blog:

jowett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:40:44 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:34:27 PM, Zarroette wrote:

My ARGUMENT is Ad Hominem.

If I told you the people in my neighborhood are a holes, and you told me that they're a holes because they have a higher concentration of a hole genes, it would NOT be fallacious for me to bring up the fact that you don't know my neighbors, you live in Australia, so how would you know? You know?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:40:51 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:34:23 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I've had a lot of black people tell me I am not white. I guess that is supposed to be a compliment, but I am white.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:42:03 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:40:44 PM, jowett wrote:

If I told you the people in my neighborhood are a holes, and you told me that they're a holes because they have a higher concentration of a hole genes, it would NOT be fallacious for me to bring up the fact that you don't know my neighbors, you live in Australia, so how would you know? You know?

She knows from peer reviewed studies.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:42:25 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:40:51 PM, Wylted wrote:

I've had a lot of black people tell me I am not white. I guess that is supposed to be a compliment, but I am white.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but your profile has a picture of you which makes you appear biracial.
http://www.debate.org...
See?

The DDO Blog:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:42:45 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:40:44 PM, jowett wrote:

Your argument was not ad hominem though. I am not sure, where she got that.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:44:12 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:42:25 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/22/2015 7:40:51 PM, Wylted wrote:

Maybe it's just the lighting, but your profile has a picture of you which makes you appear biracial.
http://www.debate.org...
See?

It can be argued, I am tri-racial. I will try any race once.
komododragon8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:44:35 PM

That isnt an ad hominem fallacy, an ad hominem fallacy deals with character or personal traits. Questioning someones knowledge on a subject based on their experience is not an ad hominem.
Also your arguments lack sources and are hugely based on stereotypes without any statistics to back them up.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:46:41 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:40:33 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

So what you're saying is that 5 women will still be with one "alpha male" simultaneously, even when polygyny is frowned upon?

Almost. We're shifting back to harems, but you're right in arguing that societal constraint (monogamy being the accepted form of relationships) largely prevents things like polygny from happening. However, with the sexual liberation of both men and women, women are now choosier and flakier with their partners, because women want the best mate rather than something to settle for. So, with a culture shifting like this, you'll see covert polgyny until monogamy is no longer revered.

I guess you agree with me on this..
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:49:51 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:44:35 PM, komododragon8 wrote:

That isnt an ad hominem fallacy, an ad hominem fallacy deals with character or personal traits.

The "personal trait" was where I lived, hence your criticism contradicts itself.

Questioning someones knowledge on a subject based on their experience is not an ad hominem.

The implied argument is that you can only construct a valid argument if you have experienced it personally. This is Ad Hominem.

Also your arguments lack sources and are hugely based on stereotypes without any statistics to back them up.

You can search these yourself; there is plenty of information to back up what I'm saying. Stereotypes exist for a reason.
jowett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:49:58 PM

That isnt an ad hominem fallacy, an ad hominem fallacy deals with character or personal traits. Questioning someones knowledge on a subject based on their experience is not an ad hominem.

@Wylted It was ad hominem (google: ad hominem define)

@Wylted ...Peer reviewed studies, huh? I suppose she told you that between the time I typed my last post and the time of your last post. Did she happen to send you a link?
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:51:43 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:46:41 PM, Zarroette wrote:

Almost. We're shifting back to harems, but you're right in arguing that societal constraint (monogamy being the accepted form of relationships) largely prevents things like polygny from happening. However, with the sexual liberation of both men and women, women are now choosier and flakier with their partners, because women want the best mate rather than something to settle for. So, with a culture shifting like this, you'll see covert polgyny until monogamy is no longer revered.

I guess that "patriarchal", "oppressive", and "barbaric" monogamy was there for a reason.

Sorry. I am skeptical of research which suggests an entire skin color is prone towards a certain behavior. For all the blatantly racist jokes that I enjoy making, I don't think that any "race" is any more or less evolved than the rest, and the research in question seems to suggest that black people have more animal instincts than everybody else, which is why I don't believe it.

The DDO Blog:

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:53:06 PM

I have some clarifying questions.

Do you think the behavior displayed in this video is representative of adult male behavior?
Black adult male behavior?
Black adult male behavior in that city?
State?
Country?
The world?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:53:33 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:49:58 PM, jowett wrote:

Only a jerk would say that was an ad hominem attack.

@Wylted ...Peer reviewed studies, huh? I suppose she told you that between the time I typed my last post and the time of your last post. Did she happen to send you a link?

I just assumed. She gets the benefit of the doubt from me.
jowett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:56:34 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:53:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/22/2015 7:49:58 PM, jowett wrote:

Only a jerk would say that was an ad hominem attack.

I just assumed. She gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Only a fool would say that only a jerk would say that was an ad hominem attack.
Zarroette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 7:58:40 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:51:43 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 3/22/2015 7:46:41 PM, Zarroette wrote:

I guess that "patriarchal", "oppressive", and "barbaric" monogamy was there for a reason.

I agree with this. Without monogamy, society quickly breaks down. Japan is on the forefront of experiencing this. Have a look at the declining population and marriage rates, if you're interested.

Sorry. I am skeptical of research which suggests an entire skin color is prone towards a certain behavior. For all the blatantly racist jokes that I enjoy making, I don't think that any "race" is any more or less evolved than the rest, and the research in question seems to suggest that black people have more animal instincts than everybody else, which is why I don't believe it.

Well, it's not all black people that have this warrior gene. It's only that they're more likely to have it. It's not at all to say that all black people are apes and they should be treated as such. It is even concluded with my arguments that the majority of American blacks do not suffer from this problem.

It would be silly to think that after observing evolutionary differences in animals living in different environments that humans are completely immune to such evolutionary mechanisms, ESPECIALLY when we have research that shows there are differences in humans (so it's not just a plausible theory).
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 8:01:08 PM
At 3/22/2015 7:53:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Do you think the behavior displayed in this video is representative of adult male behavior?

Not really. I think you approach the average Asian, white guy, Muslim or Hispanic and bit on them as a male and they will just ignore you or politely decline your advances.

Well, more like black young male behavior. Early 20s and lower.

Yes it is probably fairly representative of that, at least for that socioeconomic portion of black people.

State?

Yes,

Country?

Yes

The world?

No, black Americans seem to have less sense than immigrants.

As a person that says gay stuff to people all the time to get under their skin, I can tell you black people typically have a more hostile response. I encourage you to do it. Go to a black area and start hitting on black people, then to a white area, then to little Tokyo or whatever and see if there are any patterns you can't recognize.

Did you see the video I showed of whites, reacting to something actually disrespectful as opposed to a homosexual harmlessly showing interest?
jowett
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2015 8:04:27 PM
At 3/22/2015 8:01:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/22/2015 7:53:06 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Not really. I think you approach the average Asian, white guy, Muslim or Hispanic and bit on them as a male and they will just ignore you or politely decline your advances.

Well, more like black young male behavior. Early 20s and lower.

Yes it is probably fairly representative of that, at least for that socioeconomic portion of black people.

State?

Yes,

Country?

Yes

The world?

No, black Americans seem to have less sense than immigrants.

As a person that says gay stuff to people all the time to get under their skin, I can tell you black people typically have a more hostile response. I encourage you to do it. Go to a black area and start hitting on black people, then to a white area, then to little Tokyo or whatever and see if there are any patterns you can't recognize.

Did you see the video I showed of whites, reacting to something actually disrespectful as opposed to a homosexual harmlessly showing interest?

Wylted must have been reading a lot of peer reviewed studies lately