Jump to topic:

Worst sites on the internet.

Excalibur
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 2:52:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What sites exist out there that YOU FEEL SHOULD be removed? Whether you BELIEVE them to be too gruesome, too lame or too much of a problem with society.

IMO, it deals with the latter: Infowars.

That site is destroying the minds of those who visit it.

1. It feeds on mental delusions.
2. Most of the articles are twisted "facts."
3. It could potentially create extremist.

Those who are paranoid of the government: The NSA watches us constantly, Obama is the anti-christ, soon coming police state, Illuminati leaders etc etc, should not be allowed to have their psychotic disorders adhered to for profit, as Alex Jones makes money from both selling products and advertisements. When actually reading the the articles one should be able to tell very quickly that 95% of it is false information; ripped off articles that are taken out of context and rewritten to fit a narrative is willful misleading of the public. Although not illegal, when you read persistent comments from users such as, (keep in mind I paraphrase but more or less this is it) :

"Someone kill that guy"
"I'm stockpiling weapons for the next civil war"
"We need to rise up!",

it becomes clear why the site should be seen as a threat towards a peaceful society.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2015 6:50:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/24/2015 2:52:46 AM, Excalibur wrote:
What sites exist out there that YOU FEEL SHOULD be removed? Whether you BELIEVE them to be too gruesome, too lame or too much of a problem with society.

IMO, it deals with the latter: Infowars.

That site is destroying the minds of those who visit it.

1. It feeds on mental delusions.
2. Most of the articles are twisted "facts."
3. It could potentially create extremist.

Those who are paranoid of the government: The NSA watches us constantly, Obama is the anti-christ, soon coming police state, Illuminati leaders etc etc, should not be allowed to have their psychotic disorders adhered to for profit, as Alex Jones makes money from both selling products and advertisements. When actually reading the the articles one should be able to tell very quickly that 95% of it is false information; ripped off articles that are taken out of context and rewritten to fit a narrative is willful misleading of the public. Although not illegal, when you read persistent comments from users such as, (keep in mind I paraphrase but more or less this is it) :

"Someone kill that guy"
"I'm stockpiling weapons for the next civil war"
"We need to rise up!",

it becomes clear why the site should be seen as a threat towards a peaceful society.

I've seen that site before. I think its quality kind of speaks for itself. I've seen plenty of conspiracy theorists on other sides that don't buy the paranoid rubbish Alex Jones promotes. It's not that much of a problem. (Stormfront is a similar example - the ideas it promotes are clearly far worse than the ones that Infowars promotes, and yet it is supported by even fewer people.)

I think sites that disguise as credible are the worst. As such, I nominate any of the many Falun Gong websites (no, just because it's prosecuted by the Chinese government does not mean it is a good organisation) and Conservapedia (do the majority of conservatives really believe in it?), although the worst of the worst of the worst of the worst is Metapedia. I would definitely support a life sentence for anyone who's affiliated with that site... Worst thing is, if you only skim the surface, it actually looks somewhat credible...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...