Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

#ShirtStorm, why Feminism is a Joke

Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:35:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:31:47 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Why would they need to justify it?

Because virtual non issues like this have dominated the contemporary feminist dialogue for a long time now and if this is actually a noteworthy issue, I would like to know why. When feminists actually bring to light potentially important issues their arguments and factoids are rife with intentional mis representations and lies of the facts. The fact of the matter is that contemporary feminism is western society is a joke, this is why only 20% of people identify as feminist.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:37:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The verdict is out that the people vastly agree with the notion that feminism no longer represents equality for women. That is why, despite only 20 percent of people in the US identifying as feminists, 82 percent think men and women should have equal rights.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
AFism
Posts: 1,030
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:08:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm starting to think you all are obsessed with feminism. Where in the hell do you find these unknown articles? Do you really google search Feminism Sh*t-storm?
Voidness
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:07:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:35:20 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:31:47 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Why would they need to justify it?

Because virtual non issues like this have dominated the contemporary feminist dialogue for a long time now and if this is actually a noteworthy issue, I would like to know why. When feminists actually bring to light potentially important issues their arguments and factoids are rife with intentional mis representations and lies of the facts. The fact of the matter is that contemporary feminism is western society is a joke, this is why only 20% of people identify as feminist.

What do you mean when you say #Shirtstorm is a non-issue?
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:57:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:35:48 AM, Objectivity wrote:
*about the facts

"It"s a shame that the greatest medium for the exchange of ideas ever created would devolve into a system for imposing ideological conformity, but maybe it was inevitable"
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:41:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
That is feminism for you. Most people wouldn't even notice his shirt but these idiots are staring at it trying to invent something to be offended by, so they can rip away this great moment.

You could rescue a feminist from a bear by killing it with your bare hands, and they will be trying to look at your clothing and I reanalyze your words for something to be offended by.

They may even be offended you saved them by yelling at you, for assuming just because they are a woman they can't beat a bare in a fist fight.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:43:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Mark my words feminists. If you are ever in a fight with a bear, I will not jump in there to save you. You are on your own.

I am only fighting bears off for non feminist women such as Cassie.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:52:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 10:43:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
Mark my words feminists. If you are ever in a fight with a bear, I will not jump in there to save you. You are on your own.

I am only fighting bears off for non feminist women such as Cassie.

Bears are endangered, @sshole.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:54:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 10:52:55 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 3/31/2015 10:43:15 AM, Wylted wrote:
Mark my words feminists. If you are ever in a fight with a bear, I will not jump in there to save you. You are on your own.

I am only fighting bears off for non feminist women such as Cassie.

Bears are endangered, @sshole.

Probably because of so many idiots fighting them off for unappreciative feminists.
Garbanza
Posts: 1,997
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 10:56:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 8:57:46 AM, Objectivity wrote:
http://humanevents.com...

Any feminist care to justify the reaction to this?

That's funny that you think feminists are the only people who would mind a man turning up to an official function in a porn-covered shirt. Do non-feminists have no standards?
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:06:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 5:07:07 AM, Voidness wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:35:20 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:31:47 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Why would they need to justify it?

Because virtual non issues like this have dominated the contemporary feminist dialogue for a long time now and if this is actually a noteworthy issue, I would like to know why. When feminists actually bring to light potentially important issues their arguments and factoids are rife with intentional mis representations and lies of the facts. The fact of the matter is that contemporary feminism is western society is a joke, this is why only 20% of people identify as feminist.

What do you mean when you say #Shirtstorm is a non-issue?

I think the question should more be why is #Shirtstorm being painted as an issue. To show you how idiotic the feminist camp is, one feminist commentator said "I don't care that you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is offensive" (paraphrased)
Objectivity
Posts: 1,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 2:08:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 10:56:50 AM, Garbanza wrote:
At 3/30/2015 8:57:46 AM, Objectivity wrote:
http://humanevents.com...

Any feminist care to justify the reaction to this?

That's funny that you think feminists are the only people who would mind a man turning up to an official function in a porn-covered shirt. Do non-feminists have no standards?

I think light ridicule for poor taste would have been appropriate, not a #Shirtstorm, especially because it wasn't painted as being poor taste, it was painted as misogyny and discouraging women from being in STEM related fields, and especially since feminism even found a way to overshadow a great scientific accomplishment with a ridiculous grievance.

Basically, light ridicule would have been appropriate, reducing a man to tears with a barrage of insults and rude comments was in no way, shape or form appropriate, so I return the question to you, do feminists have any class or standards?
Voidness
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 5:39:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 2:06:15 PM, Objectivity wrote:
At 3/31/2015 5:07:07 AM, Voidness wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:35:20 AM, Objectivity wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:31:47 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Why would they need to justify it?

Because virtual non issues like this have dominated the contemporary feminist dialogue for a long time now and if this is actually a noteworthy issue, I would like to know why. When feminists actually bring to light potentially important issues their arguments and factoids are rife with intentional mis representations and lies of the facts. The fact of the matter is that contemporary feminism is western society is a joke, this is why only 20% of people identify as feminist.

What do you mean when you say #Shirtstorm is a non-issue?

I think the question should more be why is #Shirtstorm being painted as an issue. To show you how idiotic the feminist camp is, one feminist commentator said "I don't care that you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is offensive" (paraphrased)

In what way is that "idiotic"?