Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is the "gay agenda"?

sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:05:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:52:58 PM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm not positive but it involves dancing.

And pastels. Lots and lots of them.
My work here is, finally, done.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:07:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

Yup. I think it has to do with better clothing, and more fun, but I'm straight so I never get into the meetings.
TBR
Posts: 9,991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:09:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
As a side note. For the liberal gays, how do you deal with the conflicting meeting times. I had a "destroy America with socialism" meeting, and the "Gay agenda" meeting was cross town.
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:16:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 3:09:27 PM, TBR wrote:
As a side note. For the liberal gays, how do you deal with the conflicting meeting times. I had a "destroy America with socialism" meeting, and the "Gay agenda" meeting was cross town.

AH well as your progress through the ranks (after every successful religious business you bring down, cake shops seem to be popular lately) you get to attend the nightly feast... i'm sure theres a gay nearby that could sneak you in. Elton will be there to explain everything.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:20:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

To answer your question, this is what I assume could be meant, even though people who use that term are likely idiots and are just labeling your attack per some talking head to dismiss it:
In America, there are laws and society, and the gay agenda, to me, is all of them, not just one part (as I agree with the first):
1. Equal rights/protection/priveledge under the law - they want to have their marriages legally recognized, their spouses to have protections (like next of kin status and wills), social security/taxation issues, etc.
2. They want special protections, like being a protected class, so discriminating against them could be illegal, or committing a crime against them is a "hate crime". This flows from the first part.
3. They want to be accepted in society. This flows from the second part, but is a part all its own, as well. They want to not be made fun of, not attacked, not hated.

I would say these three things combined are called the "gay agenda", and obviously, some gays (or their advocates) fight for all three, some only one.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:43:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

What makes you think gays have anything to do with the gay agenda?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 3:48:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

Here is a scholarly article that can explain what I am saying more clearly. http://illuminatiwatchdog.blogspot.com...
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:02:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda

Thank you for your contribution, i've read the link also. Forgive me if i don't believe a single word of it however.
I've never read something so flawed. The majority of us do not adopt and have kids is because we don't have the rights as everyone else. If what this" gay agenda" succeeds and makes gay marriage legal, gives us special treatment etc...guess what more of us will it turn do...RAISE CHILDREN. Our natural instincts are to have a family, to raise children and every gay person i've ever spoken to wants to. The only reason they don't is because we aren't fully accepted yet. that the kid will be bullied for having two dads etc...

You cannot turn people gay through media, end of. that blog post has suggested is prison turns people gay. No it doesn't, people have sexual need and years in jail end up with guys screwing guys, it doesn't make them any more attracted to men, or affect their sexual orientation. They're still straight. They may begin to enjoy gay sex but they're still straight. And so will still create children, because not many people would choose a gay lifestyle of a straight one if possible, trust me.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:10:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 4:02:41 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda

Thank you for your contribution, i've read the link also. Forgive me if i don't believe a single word of it however.
I've never read something so flawed. The majority of us do not adopt and have kids is because we don't have the rights as everyone else. If what this" gay agenda" succeeds and makes gay marriage legal, gives us special treatment etc...guess what more of us will it turn do...RAISE CHILDREN. Our natural instincts are to have a family, to raise children and every gay person i've ever spoken to wants to. The only reason they don't is because we aren't fully accepted yet. that the kid will be bullied for having two dads etc...

You cannot turn people gay through media, end of. that blog post has suggested is prison turns people gay. No it doesn't, people have sexual need and years in jail end up with guys screwing guys, it doesn't make them any more attracted to men, or affect their sexual orientation. They're still straight. They may begin to enjoy gay sex but they're still straight. And so will still create children, because not many people would choose a gay lifestyle of a straight one if possible, trust me.

I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:24:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 4:10:06 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:02:41 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda

Thank you for your contribution, i've read the link also. Forgive me if i don't believe a single word of it however.
I've never read something so flawed. The majority of us do not adopt and have kids is because we don't have the rights as everyone else. If what this" gay agenda" succeeds and makes gay marriage legal, gives us special treatment etc...guess what more of us will it turn do...RAISE CHILDREN. Our natural instincts are to have a family, to raise children and every gay person i've ever spoken to wants to. The only reason they don't is because we aren't fully accepted yet. that the kid will be bullied for having two dads etc...

You cannot turn people gay through media, end of. that blog post has suggested is prison turns people gay. No it doesn't, people have sexual need and years in jail end up with guys screwing guys, it doesn't make them any more attracted to men, or affect their sexual orientation. They're still straight. They may begin to enjoy gay sex but they're still straight. And so will still create children, because not many people would choose a gay lifestyle of a straight one if possible, trust me.

I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:28:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 4:24:12 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:10:06 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:02:41 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda

Thank you for your contribution, i've read the link also. Forgive me if i don't believe a single word of it however.
I've never read something so flawed. The majority of us do not adopt and have kids is because we don't have the rights as everyone else. If what this" gay agenda" succeeds and makes gay marriage legal, gives us special treatment etc...guess what more of us will it turn do...RAISE CHILDREN. Our natural instincts are to have a family, to raise children and every gay person i've ever spoken to wants to. The only reason they don't is because we aren't fully accepted yet. that the kid will be bullied for having two dads etc...

You cannot turn people gay through media, end of. that blog post has suggested is prison turns people gay. No it doesn't, people have sexual need and years in jail end up with guys screwing guys, it doesn't make them any more attracted to men, or affect their sexual orientation. They're still straight. They may begin to enjoy gay sex but they're still straight. And so will still create children, because not many people would choose a gay lifestyle of a straight one if possible, trust me.

I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 4:48:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 3:20:14 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

To answer your question, this is what I assume could be meant, even though people who use that term are likely idiots and are just labeling your attack per some talking head to dismiss it:
In America, there are laws and society, and the gay agenda, to me, is all of them, not just one part (as I agree with the first):
1. Equal rights/protection/priveledge under the law - they want to have their marriages legally recognized, their spouses to have protections (like next of kin status and wills), social security/taxation issues, etc.

Yes.

2. They want special protections, like being a protected class, so discriminating against them could be illegal, or committing a crime against them is a "hate crime". This flows from the first part.

No. Protection class and hate crime laws also protect heterosexuals so there is nothing "special" about them.

3. They want to be accepted in society. This flows from the second part, but is a part all its own, as well. They want to not be made fun of, not attacked, not hated.

Yes.

I would say these three things combined are called the "gay agenda", and obviously, some gays (or their advocates) fight for all three, some only one.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,860
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:01:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

Get revenge on all the breeders.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:05:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 4:28:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:24:12 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:10:06 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:02:41 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda

Thank you for your contribution, i've read the link also. Forgive me if i don't believe a single word of it however.
I've never read something so flawed. The majority of us do not adopt and have kids is because we don't have the rights as everyone else. If what this" gay agenda" succeeds and makes gay marriage legal, gives us special treatment etc...guess what more of us will it turn do...RAISE CHILDREN. Our natural instincts are to have a family, to raise children and every gay person i've ever spoken to wants to. The only reason they don't is because we aren't fully accepted yet. that the kid will be bullied for having two dads etc...

You cannot turn people gay through media, end of. that blog post has suggested is prison turns people gay. No it doesn't, people have sexual need and years in jail end up with guys screwing guys, it doesn't make them any more attracted to men, or affect their sexual orientation. They're still straight. They may begin to enjoy gay sex but they're still straight. And so will still create children, because not many people would choose a gay lifestyle of a straight one if possible, trust me.

I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:23:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 5:05:25 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:28:36 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:24:12 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:10:06 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:02:41 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 3:46:24 PM, Wylted wrote:
The gay agenda is a Marxist plot to destroy the family unit in part by making homosexuality socially acceptable. Communism will be easier to implement once the family unit is destroyed. Instead of a human mommy and daddy, now the community is mommy and daddy.

When people refer to a homosexual agenda, they don't even necessarily think homosexuals are behind the gay agenda

Thank you for your contribution, i've read the link also. Forgive me if i don't believe a single word of it however.
I've never read something so flawed. The majority of us do not adopt and have kids is because we don't have the rights as everyone else. If what this" gay agenda" succeeds and makes gay marriage legal, gives us special treatment etc...guess what more of us will it turn do...RAISE CHILDREN. Our natural instincts are to have a family, to raise children and every gay person i've ever spoken to wants to. The only reason they don't is because we aren't fully accepted yet. that the kid will be bullied for having two dads etc...

You cannot turn people gay through media, end of. that blog post has suggested is prison turns people gay. No it doesn't, people have sexual need and years in jail end up with guys screwing guys, it doesn't make them any more attracted to men, or affect their sexual orientation. They're still straight. They may begin to enjoy gay sex but they're still straight. And so will still create children, because not many people would choose a gay lifestyle of a straight one if possible, trust me.

I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:40:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?

Sexual orientation is something you cannot change, therefore why wouldn't it be? Attraction to personality traits can change through life based on experience, sexual orientation however will not. Sexual orientation certainly is not defined by cultural environment as you describe.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:45:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 5:40:18 PM, sque132 wrote:
I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?

Sexual orientation is something you cannot change, therefore why wouldn't it be? Attraction to personality traits can change through life based on experience, sexual orientation however will not. Sexual orientation certainly is not defined by cultural environment as you describe.

Well, I disagree and so does science. Homosexuality is not merely a generic thing, and in fact no gay gene has ever been discovered.

This does not mean it is something controllable, but I think common sense should tell us that culture plays a small part in what we are attracted to. There is no gene making black men like big buts, or asains liking really small feet, there is no gene that makes rednecks like really obese angry women. These are just sexual attractions influenced by culture or environment. Maybe we can debate whether homosexuality is 100% genetic one day.
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:54:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 5:45:20 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:40:18 PM, sque132 wrote:
I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?

Sexual orientation is something you cannot change, therefore why wouldn't it be? Attraction to personality traits can change through life based on experience, sexual orientation however will not. Sexual orientation certainly is not defined by cultural environment as you describe.

Well, I disagree and so does science. Homosexuality is not merely a generic thing, and in fact no gay gene has ever been discovered.

This does not mean it is something controllable, but I think common sense should tell us that culture plays a small part in what we are attracted to. There is no gene making black men like big buts, or asains liking really small feet, there is no gene that makes rednecks like really obese angry women. These are just sexual attractions influenced by culture or environment. Maybe we can debate whether homosexuality is 100% genetic one day.

I agree, i'm not making any claims at all simply expressing the flaw in yours. To say that everything is based on cultural environment would need to comply to everyone. And as my example shows you it clearly does not. Orientation is something that cannot be altered, it is something permanent to the individual, so i don't see why or how it couldn't be coded in the body somehow. That's my view and thanks for the discussion even if it ended up sidetracking :)
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 5:58:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 5:54:44 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:45:20 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:40:18 PM, sque132 wrote:
I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?

Sexual orientation is something you cannot change, therefore why wouldn't it be? Attraction to personality traits can change through life based on experience, sexual orientation however will not. Sexual orientation certainly is not defined by cultural environment as you describe.

Well, I disagree and so does science. Homosexuality is not merely a generic thing, and in fact no gay gene has ever been discovered.

This does not mean it is something controllable, but I think common sense should tell us that culture plays a small part in what we are attracted to. There is no gene making black men like big buts, or asains liking really small feet, there is no gene that makes rednecks like really obese angry women. These are just sexual attractions influenced by culture or environment. Maybe we can debate whether homosexuality is 100% genetic one day.

I agree, i'm not making any claims at all simply expressing the flaw in yours. To say that everything is based on cultural environment would need to comply to everyone. And as my example shows you it clearly does not. Orientation is something that cannot be altered, it is something permanent to the individual, so i don't see why or how it couldn't be coded in the body somehow. That's my view and thanks for the discussion even if it ended up sidetracking :)

Well you're saying it is permanent is not actually true. I have a cousin who used to be lesbian but is now heterosexual. In women especially sexual orientation seems to be quite fluid.

I think you understand me for the most part, but you are claiming I said things I didn't . I never said that environment or culture 100% determines sexuality. I said it likely influences it. It is a big difference. I assume other things that could be of influence are hormone levels and yes probaby genetics.
sque132
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 6:04:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 5:58:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:54:44 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:45:20 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:40:18 PM, sque132 wrote:
I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?

Sexual orientation is something you cannot change, therefore why wouldn't it be? Attraction to personality traits can change through life based on experience, sexual orientation however will not. Sexual orientation certainly is not defined by cultural environment as you describe.

Well, I disagree and so does science. Homosexuality is not merely a generic thing, and in fact no gay gene has ever been discovered.

This does not mean it is something controllable, but I think common sense should tell us that culture plays a small part in what we are attracted to. There is no gene making black men like big buts, or asains liking really small feet, there is no gene that makes rednecks like really obese angry women. These are just sexual attractions influenced by culture or environment. Maybe we can debate whether homosexuality is 100% genetic one day.

I agree, i'm not making any claims at all simply expressing the flaw in yours. To say that everything is based on cultural environment would need to comply to everyone. And as my example shows you it clearly does not. Orientation is something that cannot be altered, it is something permanent to the individual, so i don't see why or how it couldn't be coded in the body somehow. That's my view and thanks for the discussion even if it ended up sidetracking :)

Well you're saying it is permanent is not actually true. I have a cousin who used to be lesbian but is now heterosexual. In women especially sexual orientation seems to be quite fluid.

I think you understand me for the most part, but you are claiming I said things I didn't . I never said that environment or culture 100% determines sexuality. I said it likely influences it. It is a big difference. I assume other things that could be of influence are hormone levels and yes probaby genetics.

"Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?"
My apologies it was this that made it come across as an either/or scenario. In that case we agree 100%

Concerning your cousin, that is interesting. I wish her and yourself all the best.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 6:05:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 6:04:22 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:58:26 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:54:44 PM, sque132 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:45:20 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 3/30/2015 5:40:18 PM, sque132 wrote:
I think a culture that is more accepting of homosexuality will have more homosexuals, and that it isn't just that one not accepting has more homosexuals in the closet, it is just that our likes, dislikes and yes even our sexual attractions are not merely genetic, but also a response to our cultural stimuli. It doesn't mean homosexuality is a choice, just like it is not our choice to be disgusted by eating maggots. In some cultures the maggot eating would be a delicious treat.

So culture does have an impact on our desires, and tastes. You're right that throwing out the words "gay agenda", doesn't beat an argument. Even if their is a gay agenda, why is that bad, even if homosexuality is a choice what is wrong with gay marriage. Bringing up a homosexual agenda, seems pointless, but there are good arguments to support one does exist.

I disagree, I don't believe there is any proof of culture affecting sexual orientation in the slightest. If there is that would be a very interesting read indeed.

Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?

You are saying all black men like big buts because of their culture, liking big buts is just a black thing? wow... im white and guess what I'm more sexualy attracted to black dudes than white guys. Yet i was always surrounded by white kids in school and most my friends were girls. Explain that

Do you think being more attracted to black guys is a genetic thing, or is something else going on there?

Sexual orientation is something you cannot change, therefore why wouldn't it be? Attraction to personality traits can change through life based on experience, sexual orientation however will not. Sexual orientation certainly is not defined by cultural environment as you describe.

Well, I disagree and so does science. Homosexuality is not merely a generic thing, and in fact no gay gene has ever been discovered.

This does not mean it is something controllable, but I think common sense should tell us that culture plays a small part in what we are attracted to. There is no gene making black men like big buts, or asains liking really small feet, there is no gene that makes rednecks like really obese angry women. These are just sexual attractions influenced by culture or environment. Maybe we can debate whether homosexuality is 100% genetic one day.

I agree, i'm not making any claims at all simply expressing the flaw in yours. To say that everything is based on cultural environment would need to comply to everyone. And as my example shows you it clearly does not. Orientation is something that cannot be altered, it is something permanent to the individual, so i don't see why or how it couldn't be coded in the body somehow. That's my view and thanks for the discussion even if it ended up sidetracking :)

Well you're saying it is permanent is not actually true. I have a cousin who used to be lesbian but is now heterosexual. In women especially sexual orientation seems to be quite fluid.

I think you understand me for the most part, but you are claiming I said things I didn't . I never said that environment or culture 100% determines sexuality. I said it likely influences it. It is a big difference. I assume other things that could be of influence are hormone levels and yes probaby genetics.

"Well let me ask you this, since you don't think culture influences sexual attraction. Do you think black men are genetically programmed to prefer big butts? Or do you still insist culture has no role in this?"
My apologies it was this that made it come across as an either/or scenario. In that case we agree 100%

Concerning your cousin, that is interesting. I wish her and yourself all the best.

Me too, but she probably won't sleep with me, because she is married :(
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 9:48:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 4:48:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:

2. They want special protections, like being a protected class, so discriminating against them could be illegal, or committing a crime against them is a "hate crime". This flows from the first part.

No. Protection class and hate crime laws also protect heterosexuals so there is nothing "special" about them.

And laws that prohibit men from marrying men also apply to heterosexual men who would marry men, so there is nothing special (i.e. discriminatory) about them.

Your logic cannot apply to both and have opposite results.
And, perhaps you can cite me a case where a black man was charged with a hate crime against a white man, or a white man sued an employer for racial discrimination. I might believe your claim if you can.
My work here is, finally, done.
briantheliberal
Posts: 722
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2015 10:20:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 9:48:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:48:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:

2. They want special protections, like being a protected class, so discriminating against them could be illegal, or committing a crime against them is a "hate crime". This flows from the first part.

No. Protection class and hate crime laws also protect heterosexuals so there is nothing "special" about them.

And laws that prohibit men from marrying men also apply to heterosexual men who would marry men, so there is nothing special (i.e. discriminatory) about them.

Actually it is still considered discrimination based on sexual orientation, sex and gender.

Your logic cannot apply to both and have opposite results.
And, perhaps you can cite me a case where a black man was charged with a hate crime against a white man, or a white man sued an employer for racial discrimination. I might believe your claim if you can.

This doesn't make sense. No where did I or anyone else for that matter, mention anything about a black man being charged with a hate crime or a white man suing an employer for discrimination. No one is even talking about race at all. Stop playing the 'race card' and applying it where it is not needed.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 8:42:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 10:20:45 PM, briantheliberal wrote:
At 3/30/2015 9:48:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 3/30/2015 4:48:57 PM, briantheliberal wrote:

2. They want special protections, like being a protected class, so discriminating against them could be illegal, or committing a crime against them is a "hate crime". This flows from the first part.

No. Protection class and hate crime laws also protect heterosexuals so there is nothing "special" about them.

And laws that prohibit men from marrying men also apply to heterosexual men who would marry men, so there is nothing special (i.e. discriminatory) about them.

Actually it is still considered discrimination based on sexual orientation, sex and gender.
But, by your logic, it applies to all of them equally, so there is no discrimination (i.e. no special treatment). This is the logic I'd like you to reconcile. (I'm assuming you know that the law really states people of the same sex are not allowed to marry, not specific to men)

Your logic cannot apply to both and have opposite results.
And, perhaps you can cite me a case where a black man was charged with a hate crime against a white man, or a white man sued an employer for racial discrimination. I might believe your claim if you can.

This doesn't make sense. No where did I or anyone else for that matter, mention anything about a black man being charged with a hate crime or a white man suing an employer for discrimination. No one is even talking about race at all. Stop playing the 'race card' and applying it where it is not needed.

(sigh) It's called lateral thinking and/or analogy.
You make the claim there is no special treatment because hate crimes apply equally. There are hate crimes in existence (so we don't need to speculate) based on race. If you can find hate crimes applied equally, then I would be more open to your argument that protected classes (whether race or sexual orientation) , do, in fact, apply to everyone.
Yes, I am aware the way they are worded applies to everyone, but it doesn't mean the law's effect does. As you note, there is straight privilege, and as such, people don't hate on straights for being straight. Thus, the law has no intended protection for straights, unless we become the minority/non-norm.
As it stands, you know the purpose of the law is one-sided. What I find hypocritical is you rally against certain laws that, while applying to gays and straights equally, the purpose is what you find appalling, and thus label it discriminatory. You seem to want it both ways.

There is something missing in your logic, and I am asking you to reconcile it.
Laws apply equally, (anti-gay marriage or protected class), so you can't rally against one with the same logic of promoting another.
If your issue is purpose, then again, your outrage is inconsistent, since you find that AK SB 202 is discrimination due to its intended effect (even if it applies to all), but promote protected class status which has the intended effect to protect gays (not straights).

It seems you just rationalize things you want, but don't care for consistency of thought or effect of law. This is why I call you a zealot, since you just rally for the cause, without caring about the effect or overreaching consistency. Similar to a Republican using the Bible to pass a law, and then vehemently using the First Amendment to say why Muslims shouldn't be allowed to pray in school.
Show me I'm wrong and reconcile your thought process.
My work here is, finally, done.
Spectre2
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 9:01:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

The gay agenda is the idea that gays are manipulating society to fit their ideology and way of life. The gay agenda seeks to destroy traditional marriage, shove mainstream acceptance on all peoples and allow them to be more open, and discriminate against all religions. This is why states are banning religious discrimination like it should be
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2015 11:41:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/31/2015 9:01:10 AM, Spectre2 wrote:
At 3/30/2015 2:40:05 PM, sque132 wrote:
I must I find it amazing how people claim to know more about me than I do. At aged 20 you'd think i'd know that I'm gay and what i want from life. YET so many people seem to be saying gays like myself are part of a gay agenda. It usually occurs when I have a different idea on something, they get all defensive saying i'm attacking them with my gay agenda.

It seems to be mostly an american thing, you don't really hear it over here in the UK, but please can you explain to me what this massively dangerous social movement i'm supposed to be part of, really is?

The gay agenda is the idea that gays are manipulating society to fit their ideology and way of life. The gay agenda seeks to destroy traditional marriage, shove mainstream acceptance on all peoples and allow them to be more open, and discriminate against all religions. This is why states are banning religious discrimination like it should be

Could someone please explain to me exactly how "traditional marriage " is being "destroyed " by same sex marriage? Is anyone advocating banning it?

I know of no movement to discriminate against anyone's religious beliefs. What IS being fought for is an end in the public sector of religious discrimination against ANYONE. No one is saying you can't believe whatever you want. Just don't practice it on others in the public sector.

These laws are not about "religious freedom ". That much is obvious. What they are about is legalizing religious discrimination in the public sector. Calling them "religious freedom " is a smoke screen. They will also bring many unintended consequences that their supporters will not like.