Jump to topic:

My idea

lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 5:54:09 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay so it seems PETA isn't a good or popular choice, and I can see why now.
I will be looking for other similar and less radical groups to join, but I would like to start my own unless one identical to it already exists. I just don't know a name and not sure how many members I could get.

I believe in the animal liberation, but I also agree that zoos that are good to the animals and save hurt/endangered animals should be accepted and receive some payment from this group.

Vegetarianism is not required, but those that participate in it are doing even better. The ones that don't are naturally encouraged to look into the meat they do eat and make sure that there was no unnecessary pain caused.

Animal testing will of course be located and protested, the leaders of each testing lab should be questioned often, but violent attack is looked down upon.

Animals do not roam the streets to starve they are helped in finding good homes with loving people that will take care of them.

Fur should be outlawed. There are plenty of alternitives that do not require torture. Even if you want the look faux is alot better then tortured fox.

If I missed any points then I would like someone to point them out. I need a name for this group and as many people as possible.
It would also help if I get links to diff animal rights movement people then PETA.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 5:58:48 PM
The ones that don't are naturally encouraged to look into the meat they do eat and make sure that there was no unnecessary pain caused.

Making sure there was no unnecessary pain is a nearly impossible task.

http://www.tryveg.com... This is a link that shares some information on how animals are treated that are bread to be eaten.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:11:09 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:03:15 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
How does this in any way differ from PETA?

I have found no evidence that PETA supports humane zoos, I did find that they allow pets which most people don't believe, they just call them something like animal companions or whatever, my group supporst that too.

Also a large part of PETA hate has to do with the violence.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:12:14 PM
At 7/26/2010 5:58:48 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
The ones that don't are naturally encouraged to look into the meat they do eat and make sure that there was no unnecessary pain caused.

I know but attempting to make sure that the death was humane and living conditions were at least acceptable goes a long way too.

http://www.tryveg.com... This is a link that shares some information on how animals are treated that are bread to be eaten.

I'll go look into that now.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:22:34 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:12:14 PM, lovelife wrote:

I know but attempting to make sure that the death was humane and living conditions were at least acceptable goes a long way too.

That's what I'm saying is an impossible task, farms that breed and raise animals for eating and/or milking/egg laying treat the animals like sh!t as you will see from looking at that video. If you didn't already find it, look at the links under "Saving Animals, One Bite at a Time "
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:23:17 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:22:34 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

That's what I'm saying is an impossible task, farms that breed and raise animals for eating and/or milking/egg laying treat the animals like sh!t as you will see from looking at that website. If you didn't already find it, look at the links under "Saving Animals, One Bite at a Time "
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:25:17 PM

That's what I'm saying is an impossible task, farms that breed and raise animals for eating and/or milking/egg laying treat the animals like sh!t as you will see from looking at that video. If you didn't already find it, look at the links under "Saving Animals, One Bite at a Time "

I support free range hunting for food. Let the animals live their normal lives some will be food some will not, but they will live their life however long or short the best way possible. If that actually got popular then there would only be milk farms, and I doubt the farmers would have to be inhumane to milk cows.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:29:22 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:25:17 PM, lovelife wrote:

I support free range hunting for food. Let the animals live their normal lives some will be food some will not, but they will live their life however long or short the best way possible. If that actually got popular then there would only be milk farms, and I doubt the farmers would have to be inhumane to milk cows.

I fully support free range hunting as well.

And as for milking cows goes, "After giving birth, the mothers are hooked up to machines two or three times a day that take the very milk intended for their calves. After two months, the mothers are once again impregnated and then milked for seven months of their nine-month pregnancies. The physically taxing cycle of impregnation, birthing, and mechanized milking forces the average dairy cow to be "spent" by her fifth birthday. If allowed to live naturally, cows can live to be 25."

Although less abusive than animals used for other things, the way they are treated is so demanding it cuts their life span into 1/5 of normal.
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:31:15 PM
Lovelife is right, and instead of testing medicines on animals such as rabbits, mice and rats we can test it on Jews /sarcasm
Super Man does not come close to the power of Jesus Christ - GodSands
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:33:14 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:29:22 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

I fully support free range hunting as well.

And as for milking cows goes, "After giving birth, the mothers are hooked up to machines two or three times a day that take the very milk intended for their calves. After two months, the mothers are once again impregnated and then milked for seven months of their nine-month pregnancies. The physically taxing cycle of impregnation, birthing, and mechanized milking forces the average dairy cow to be "spent" by her fifth birthday. If allowed to live naturally, cows can live to be 25."

Although less abusive than animals used for other things, the way they are treated is so demanding it cuts their life span into 1/5 of normal.

I know that thats a problem with it which is why I think they shouldn't rely just on cow milk. I also think the dairy farmers should find the pregnant cows use thier milk for a while while caring for the young and release them back after a few months. Not just breed them for milk, let it be more natural. It would be harder work but it wont be as bad for the cows.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:35:59 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:31:15 PM, PalinFan wrote:
Lovelife is right, and instead of testing medicines on animals such as rabbits, mice and rats we can test it on Jews /sarcasm

Not jews per se, but convicted murderers and willing participants. Also aborted fetuses if we can get enough technology to do that. (not saying I aprove of people just getting abortions for science but the science part would be helpful)
I'm sure theres some jewish fetuses, and murderers.
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:44:12 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:35:59 PM, lovelife wrote:

Not jews per se, but convicted murderers and willing participants. Also aborted fetuses if we can get enough technology to do that. (not saying I aprove of people just getting abortions for science but the science part would be helpful)

You see that sentence shows the backward thinking of a lot f the people who support "animal liberation" they believe animals inherently have more rights than humans
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:47:52 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:44:12 PM, PalinFan wrote:

You see that sentence shows the backward thinking of a lot f the people who support "animal liberation" they believe animals inherently have more rights than humans

No, not more rights just as much or really close to it. Murders do not deserve life, they do not deserve a good death. Innocent animals do not deserve death, and if it is needed, they deserve as little pain as possible, not torture. I support torturing scum bags.
PalinFan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 6:57:20 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:47:52 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/26/2010 6:44:12 PM, PalinFan wrote:

No, not more rights just as much or really close to it. Murders do not deserve life, they do not deserve a good death. Innocent animals do not deserve death, and if it is needed, they deserve as little pain as possible, not torture. I support torturing scum bags.

And if a dog bites a humane, will you endorse the decision to euthanize it? My guess is no.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 7:02:08 PM
At 7/26/2010 6:57:20 PM, PalinFan wrote:

And if a dog bites a humane, will you endorse the decision to euthanize it? My guess is no.

Depends on the situation. If the human is taunting and being mean to the dog then the dog did nothing wrong. If the dog just bit someone for no reason, then the dog should be removed from the area. If the dog is just aggressive no matter who is around or whatever then yes that would be appropriate.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 9:47:16 PM
Taunting?

Is "they taunted me" also a legit defense for a human who murders or rapes?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 9:49:03 PM
At 7/26/2010 9:47:16 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Taunting?

Biting is hardly murder. I'm sure people don't get put to death for biting someone else.
Anyway none of it matters cause no one else actually cares and the world will never be a good place.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 9:54:44 PM
At 7/26/2010 9:49:03 PM, lovelife wrote:
Taunting?

Biting is hardly murder.
Dog bites? Those from large dogs can kill the fragile. Anyway, violence is violence, however incompetent. And competence is the only difference between a bite in anger and a shot from a gun (Playful bites with people who consented to play with a rowdy dog would be a different situation, imagining for the moment that dogs had rights of course).

I'm sure people don't get put to death for biting someone else.
They'd get other penalties that generally mean little or nothing to dogs.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:08:48 PM
At 7/26/2010 9:54:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Taunting?

Biting is hardly murder.
Dog bites? Those from large dogs can kill the fragile. Anyway, violence is violence, however incompetent. And competence is the only difference between a bite in anger and a shot from a gun (Playful bites with people who consented to play with a rowdy dog would be a different situation, imagining for the moment that dogs had rights of course).

Thats what happens when the fragile are around big dogs. If they can't handle it, go somewhere else. If people are really messing with that dog the dog should have the right to bite them. An eye for an eye is fair. If two people get in a fight and no one else is involved why would anyoe care? (I'm against laws against mutual combat btw. Everyone should have the right to defend themselves)

The dog would simply have to change location, unless more then a certain % of the people around like the dog and want him/her to stay then the person can either leave, or just deal with it.

If the dog is agressive and attacks for no reason multiple times, then yes that would prolly be the best option. Also there should be some way of knowing what happened and if someone complains that the dog was defending him/herself then they should be charged with filing a false report or whatever.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:23:14 PM
At 7/26/2010 10:08:48 PM, lovelife wrote:
Taunting?

Biting is hardly murder.

Thats what happens when the fragile are around big dogs. If they can't handle it, go somewhere else.
So if I'm in your neighborhood and rape you, that's what happens when the female are around horny males, and you should go somewhere else?

If people are really messing with that dog the dog should have the right to bite them. An eye for an eye is fair
"Messing" is not a synonym for biting. Taunting isn't an eye, it isn't even aggression.

If two people get in a fight and no one else is involved why would anyoe care?
(I'm against laws against mutual combat btw. Everyone should have the right to defend themselves)
Duelling, self-defense, and irrational rightless creatures are three different issues.

The dog would simply have to change location, unless more then a certain % of the people around like the dog
loldemocracy
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:29:34 PM
At 7/26/2010 10:23:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Taunting?

Biting is hardly murder.

Thats what happens when the fragile are around big dogs. If they can't handle it, go somewhere else.
So if I'm in your neighborhood and rape you, that's what happens when the female are around horny males, and you should go somewhere else?

If the person being raped is not wearing clothes and heavily flirting I guess.

If people are really messing with that dog the dog should have the right to bite them. An eye for an eye is fair
"Messing" is not a synonym for biting. Taunting isn't an eye, it isn't even aggression.

Hitting, kicking, anything that causes the dog harm and the dog has a right to defend him/herself. How is that hard to understand?

If two people get in a fight and no one else is involved why would anyoe care?
(I'm against laws against mutual combat btw. Everyone should have the right to defend themselves)
Duelling, self-defense, and irrational rightless creatures are three different issues.

The dog would simply have to change location, unless more then a certain % of the people around like the dog
loldemocracy

Best way to deal with the situation.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:31:18 PM
At 7/26/2010 5:54:09 PM, lovelife wrote:
If I missed any points then I would like someone to point them out.

you forgot the weekly meetings where you cannibalize children to satisfy your meat cravings instead of eating pork ribs.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:34:22 PM
At 7/26/2010 10:29:34 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 7/26/2010 10:23:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Taunting?

Biting is hardly murder.

If the person being raped is not wearing clothes and heavily flirting I guess.
I'll keep that in mind.

Hitting, kicking, anything that causes the dog harm and the dog has a right to defend him/herself. How is that hard to understand?
The dog doesn't even have a concept of self-defense. Or of rights. Or any concepts. Which means, in most cases it won't be self-defense, and in the few in which one might call it such it's totally accidental.

loldemocracy

Best way to deal with the situation.

Democracy is generally only the best way to deal with a situation if someone wants to violate a minority's rights. For example, back to the usual example. There's 5 guys and you in a given area. Take a vote. Gang rape!
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:39:48 PM
At 7/26/2010 10:34:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Why bother talking to you? I guess its to further tell myself I wont make a difference no one actually cares. I give up there is no point.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:45:38 PM
Just to note, I'm not the majority. After all, there are laws against animal cruelty. That's closer to your position than mine. :P
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2010 10:52:24 PM
At 7/26/2010 10:49:36 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/26/2010 10:39:48 PM, lovelife wrote:

Why bother talking to you? I guess its to further tell myself I wont make a difference no one actually cares. I give up there is no point.

If you can't defend your positions, just say "I concede."

I don't feel like defending them because even if I make a good point and reach to some people bottom line is people will still be torturing animals. I wont have actually done anything, and tbh theres not really a point in me existing anymore now that I realize that.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 12:07:43 AM
At 7/26/2010 10:52:24 PM, lovelife wrote:

I don't feel like defending them because even if I make a good point and reach to some people bottom line is people will still be torturing animals. I wont have actually done anything, and tbh theres not really a point in me existing anymore now that I realize that.

Only if you think that the sole justification for your life is to help other people. If you are of that opinion, it's no wonder you're so miserable.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2010 12:09:24 AM
At 7/27/2010 12:07:43 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 7/26/2010 10:52:24 PM, lovelife wrote:

Only if you think that the sole justification for your life is to help other people. If you are of that opinion, it's no wonder you're so miserable.

Read cjl's thread with my name on it. Apparently my way of life and looking at it is something he admires but it backfires on me sometimes.