Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

The True Explanation for Homosexuality

PatrickTheGreat
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:34:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Homosexuality is a mental disorder. Up until 1974 it was officially classified as such, but heavy pressure from gay protesters, and the fact that the hippy movement was in full swing, they were pretty much forced to change it.

Transgendered individuals, special snowflakes (Like otherkin) they all have personality disorders/dissociative disorders, it is extremely obvious if you listen to them. They should not be taken seriously, I have literally heard "angel kin" talk about feeling "Etheric wings" come from their backs. These people are clearly mentally ill.

Solution? More research needs to be done. Perhaps we should investigate into the raising rates of homosexuals, what is causing it, etc. Sort of how it parallels with the huge increases in autism and other mental disorders that people cannot control. Counter gays trying to shove their culture down your throat, other than that, I don't really care what they do, just don't push it on me.

Problems? Well an increasing number of homosexuals isn't a good thing. They spread aids and diseases at an alarming rate, and flamboyantly try to stick out and act special. They force churches to marry them (a religious institution should be able to say no if they want). Ever since gays have been considered normal, political correctness has prevented serious research from being done, such as maybe finding a way to preventing this. Having homosexuals raise kids is a terrible thought, having single mothers is bad enough.

I am not attempting to make a big deal out of this, but humans clearly are not meant to be homosexual, so this classification would make the most sense in my opinion. This is for the sake of defining a homosexual, not much else. I am not religious so no cheap shot attempts with that.
hillsatdusk
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 6:54:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I really don't think you have a true grasp of this topic matter at all.

Firstly, the classification of mental disorders has changed significantly since the 70s, and disorders that were diagnosable then do not necessarily apply now and vice versa. Bipolar and bulimia were not recognised at the time, but nowadays these are fairly well heard of and acknowledged disorders. So primarily, I think your belief in the diasgnostic tools as a basis for this idea gives you a bad stance.

Furthermore, plenty of research has been conducted into the notion of homosexuality and in fact a biological basis has been found; which shows that individuals have no say in the matter as to their sexual orientation.

To imply that gender dysphoria is simply down to dissociation would be a reductionist view point, and furthermore, dissociation isn't merely confined to the parameters of gender. It is present in numerous other mental illnesses, including (and not limited to) borderline personality disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. In fact you have recognised this similarity but seem to dismiss its' applications where people suffer with a problem pertaining to gender identity. I don't understand why in the context of gender this should be dismissed, but when someone is suffering from a disorder that doesn't affect gender identity this should be regarded as important.

Research has found that there is an area of the brain known as a sexually dimorphic nucleus which forms a part in gender identity. Post mortem examinations of human brains found that male transsexuals SDN was the size of females. This supports that human beings have NO CHOICE in the way they are feeling.

I don't see why you wouldn't feel compassion towards someone who was suffering from such an insecure sense of self.

The fundamental question here is why someone else's behaviour can contravene your own beliefs. The two are completely separate. For example, if you were a vegan and I was a meat eater, then I would not force you to eat meat in order to comply with my beliefs. If you did not want to eat meat then that is none of my concern. The analogy applies here. It is nobody else's business but the individual, as to what gender identity they assume and what sexuality they have.

The reason why the majorital mindset on homosexuality is not an issue, is because it genuinely isn't. What you call Political Correctness, in actuality is just a common view, because at the end of the day, why should you impose your beliefs on other people?
PatrickTheGreat
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 7:05:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 6:54:46 PM, hillsatdusk wrote:
I really don't think you have a true grasp of this topic matter at all.


Firstly, the classification of mental disorders has changed significantly since the 70s, and disorders that were diagnosable then do not necessarily apply now and vice versa. Bipolar and bulimia were not recognised at the time, but nowadays these are fairly well heard of and acknowledged disorders. So primarily, I think your belief in the diasgnostic tools as a basis for this idea gives you a bad stance.

Definition: Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. I think it is quite obvious not being able to reproduce is a disorder.
Furthermore, plenty of research has been conducted into the notion of homosexuality and in fact a biological basis has been found; which shows that individuals have no say in the matter as to their sexual orientation.

Schizos have no say in their disorder but it's still a disorder. Mutations happen.
To imply that gender dysphoria is simply down to dissociation would be a reductionist view point, and furthermore, dissociation isn't merely confined to the parameters of gender. It is present in numerous other mental illnesses, including (and not limited to) borderline personality disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. In fact you have recognised this similarity but seem to dismiss its' applications where people suffer with a problem pertaining to gender identity. I don't understand why in the context of gender this should be dismissed, but when someone is suffering from a disorder that doesn't affect gender identity this should be regarded as important.

That is an unhealthy amount of implications and unrelated things. Yes, I am well aware it does not only pertain to gender, I never implied otherwise. Rather you consider it important or not, I don't care, it has to do with how it is, not how you feel it is.
Research has found that there is an area of the brain known as a sexually dimorphic nucleus which forms a part in gender identity. Post mortem examinations of human brains found that male transsexuals SDN was the size of females. This supports that human beings have NO CHOICE in the way they are feeling.

Further supporting the fact it is a mental disorder.
I don't see why you wouldn't feel compassion towards someone who was suffering from such an insecure sense of self.

Like I said, it is a mental disorder.
The fundamental question here is why someone else's behaviour can contravene your own beliefs. The two are completely separate. For example, if you were a vegan and I was a meat eater, then I would not force you to eat meat in order to comply with my beliefs. If you did not want to eat meat then that is none of my concern. The analogy applies here. It is nobody else's business but the individual, as to what gender identity they assume and what sexuality they have.

I thought it wasn't their choice? Massive non-equivalency right here comparing vegetarians to gays. Also, biologically, it is clearly a disorder, they do not reproduce. I am not going by feelings but by facts. I don't care who's business it is.
The reason why the majorital mindset on homosexuality is not an issue, is because it genuinely isn't. What you call Political Correctness, in actuality is just a common view, because at the end of the day, why should you impose your beliefs on other people?

The same reason anyone else does, they believe they are right.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,207
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2015 10:35:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 7:05:03 PM, PatrickTheGreat wrote:
At 4/28/2015 6:54:46 PM, hillsatdusk wrote:
I really don't think you have a true grasp of this topic matter at all.


Firstly, the classification of mental disorders has changed significantly since the 70s, and disorders that were diagnosable then do not necessarily apply now and vice versa. Bipolar and bulimia were not recognised at the time, but nowadays these are fairly well heard of and acknowledged disorders. So primarily, I think your belief in the diasgnostic tools as a basis for this idea gives you a bad stance.

Definition: Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. I think it is quite obvious not being able to reproduce is a disorder.

Not a mental one. Disorders usually have a detriment to the person involved, preventing them from functioning in some capacity. I am not certain what you see with regards to homosexuality and some form of diminished capacity as a productive citizen.

Furthermore, plenty of research has been conducted into the notion of homosexuality and in fact a biological basis has been found; which shows that individuals have no say in the matter as to their sexual orientation.

Schizos have no say in their disorder but it's still a disorder. Mutations happen.

And there is your diminished capacity, and inability to function. Are you confident you are aware as to what a "disorder" actually is?

To imply that gender dysphoria is simply down to dissociation would be a reductionist view point, and furthermore, dissociation isn't merely confined to the parameters of gender. It is present in numerous other mental illnesses, including (and not limited to) borderline personality disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. In fact you have recognised this similarity but seem to dismiss its' applications where people suffer with a problem pertaining to gender identity. I don't understand why in the context of gender this should be dismissed, but when someone is suffering from a disorder that doesn't affect gender identity this should be regarded as important.

That is an unhealthy amount of implications and unrelated things. Yes, I am well aware it does not only pertain to gender, I never implied otherwise. Rather you consider it important or not, I don't care, it has to do with how it is, not how you feel it is.
Research has found that there is an area of the brain known as a sexually dimorphic nucleus which forms a part in gender identity. Post mortem examinations of human brains found that male transsexuals SDN was the size of females. This supports that human beings have NO CHOICE in the way they are feeling.

Further supporting the fact it is a mental disorder.

again, "disorder". You know homosexuality doesn't hit the qualifiers, right?

I don't see why you wouldn't feel compassion towards someone who was suffering from such an insecure sense of self.

Like I said, it is a mental disorder.

In the same way that a bullied child has esteem issues, when used in the context of the present example.

The fundamental question here is why someone else's behaviour can contravene your own beliefs. The two are completely separate. For example, if you were a vegan and I was a meat eater, then I would not force you to eat meat in order to comply with my beliefs. If you did not want to eat meat then that is none of my concern. The analogy applies here. It is nobody else's business but the individual, as to what gender identity they assume and what sexuality they have.

I thought it wasn't their choice? Massive non-equivalency right here comparing vegetarians to gays. Also, biologically, it is clearly a disorder, they do not reproduce. I am not going by feelings but by facts. I don't care who's business it is.

So "reproduction" is part of "mental disorder"? I am not terribly sure you should be throwing stones at analogies if that is where you are arguing from on any point.

The reason why the majorital mindset on homosexuality is not an issue, is because it genuinely isn't. What you call Political Correctness, in actuality is just a common view, because at the end of the day, why should you impose your beliefs on other people?

The same reason anyone else does, they believe they are right.

Operative word "believe".

While I can appreciate making use of older research to cling to conclusions you want, I feel compelled to remind you that "ice picking" was also accepted practice for what would now be considered curable behaviors as recently as the 50s. Slightly before what you call the "hippie" movement. I am confident the church considered the Renaissance a hippie movement, too.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
PatrickTheGreat
Posts: 9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 5:49:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 10:35:17 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 4/28/2015 7:05:03 PM, PatrickTheGreat wrote:
At 4/28/2015 6:54:46 PM, hillsatdusk wrote:
I really don't think you have a true grasp of this topic matter at all.


Firstly, the classification of mental disorders has changed significantly since the 70s, and disorders that were diagnosable then do not necessarily apply now and vice versa. Bipolar and bulimia were not recognised at the time, but nowadays these are fairly well heard of and acknowledged disorders. So primarily, I think your belief in the diasgnostic tools as a basis for this idea gives you a bad stance.

Definition: Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. I think it is quite obvious not being able to reproduce is a disorder.

Not a mental one. Disorders usually have a detriment to the person involved, preventing them from functioning in some capacity. I am not certain what you see with regards to homosexuality and some form of diminished capacity as a productive citizen.

This does prevent them from functioning in some capacity. Is sexual attraction mental? I am not sure what they would consider it.
Furthermore, plenty of research has been conducted into the notion of homosexuality and in fact a biological basis has been found; which shows that individuals have no say in the matter as to their sexual orientation.

Schizos have no say in their disorder but it's still a disorder. Mutations happen.

And there is your diminished capacity, and inability to function. Are you confident you are aware as to what a "disorder" actually is?
Yes.

To imply that gender dysphoria is simply down to dissociation would be a reductionist view point, and furthermore, dissociation isn't merely confined to the parameters of gender. It is present in numerous other mental illnesses, including (and not limited to) borderline personality disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. In fact you have recognised this similarity but seem to dismiss its' applications where people suffer with a problem pertaining to gender identity. I don't understand why in the context of gender this should be dismissed, but when someone is suffering from a disorder that doesn't affect gender identity this should be regarded as important.

That is an unhealthy amount of implications and unrelated things. Yes, I am well aware it does not only pertain to gender, I never implied otherwise. Rather you consider it important or not, I don't care, it has to do with how it is, not how you feel it is.
Research has found that there is an area of the brain known as a sexually dimorphic nucleus which forms a part in gender identity. Post mortem examinations of human brains found that male transsexuals SDN was the size of females. This supports that human beings have NO CHOICE in the way they are feeling.

Further supporting the fact it is a mental disorder.

again, "disorder". You know homosexuality doesn't hit the qualifiers, right?
Yes it does.

I don't see why you wouldn't feel compassion towards someone who was suffering from such an insecure sense of self.

Like I said, it is a mental disorder.

In the same way that a bullied child has esteem issues, when used in the context of the present example.

The fundamental question here is why someone else's behaviour can contravene your own beliefs. The two are completely separate. For example, if you were a vegan and I was a meat eater, then I would not force you to eat meat in order to comply with my beliefs. If you did not want to eat meat then that is none of my concern. The analogy applies here. It is nobody else's business but the individual, as to what gender identity they assume and what sexuality they have.

I thought it wasn't their choice? Massive non-equivalency right here comparing vegetarians to gays. Also, biologically, it is clearly a disorder, they do not reproduce. I am not going by feelings but by facts. I don't care who's business it is.

So "reproduction" is part of "mental disorder"? I am not terribly sure you should be throwing stones at analogies if that is where you are arguing from on any point.

Is sexual attraction mental?
The reason why the majorital mindset on homosexuality is not an issue, is because it genuinely isn't. What you call Political Correctness, in actuality is just a common view, because at the end of the day, why should you impose your beliefs on other people?

The same reason anyone else does, they believe they are right.

Operative word "believe".

Yes I am not parading around like an idiot. Everything is a belief, including your faith in certain scientific theories. Evidence? Sure, it's still a belief though.
While I can appreciate making use of older research to cling to conclusions you want, I feel compelled to remind you that "ice picking" was also accepted practice for what would now be considered curable behaviors as recently as the 50s. Slightly before what you call the "hippie" movement. I am confident the church considered the Renaissance a hippie movement, too.

Irrelevant.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,207
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2015 10:38:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I really don't think you have a true grasp of this topic matter at all.


Firstly, the classification of mental disorders has changed significantly since the 70s, and disorders that were diagnosable then do not necessarily apply now and vice versa. Bipolar and bulimia were not recognised at the time, but nowadays these are fairly well heard of and acknowledged disorders. So primarily, I think your belief in the diasgnostic tools as a basis for this idea gives you a bad stance.

Definition: Mental illness refers to a wide range of mental health conditions " disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. I think it is quite obvious not being able to reproduce is a disorder.

Not a mental one. Disorders usually have a detriment to the person involved, preventing them from functioning in some capacity. I am not certain what you see with regards to homosexuality and some form of diminished capacity as a productive citizen.

This does prevent them from functioning in some capacity. Is sexual attraction mental? I am not sure what they would consider it.
Furthermore, plenty of research has been conducted into the notion of homosexuality and in fact a biological basis has been found; which shows that individuals have no say in the matter as to their sexual orientation.

Schizos have no say in their disorder but it's still a disorder. Mutations happen.

And there is your diminished capacity, and inability to function. Are you confident you are aware as to what a "disorder" actually is?
Yes.
"A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is a mental or behavioral pattern or anomaly that causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life (disability), and which is not a developmental or social norm." -- please identify the function in ordinary life that is impaired.

To imply that gender dysphoria is simply down to dissociation would be a reductionist view point, and furthermore, dissociation isn't merely confined to the parameters of gender. It is present in numerous other mental illnesses, including (and not limited to) borderline personality disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. In fact you have recognised this similarity but seem to dismiss its' applications where people suffer with a problem pertaining to gender identity. I don't understand why in the context of gender this should be dismissed, but when someone is suffering from a disorder that doesn't affect gender identity this should be regarded as important.

That is an unhealthy amount of implications and unrelated things. Yes, I am well aware it does not only pertain to gender, I never implied otherwise. Rather you consider it important or not, I don't care, it has to do with how it is, not how you feel it is.
Research has found that there is an area of the brain known as a sexually dimorphic nucleus which forms a part in gender identity. Post mortem examinations of human brains found that male transsexuals SDN was the size of females. This supports that human beings have NO CHOICE in the way they are feeling.

Further supporting the fact it is a mental disorder.

again, "disorder". You know homosexuality doesn't hit the qualifiers, right?
Yes it does.
"A mental disorder, also called a mental illness or psychiatric disorder, is a mental or behavioral pattern or anomaly that causes either suffering or an impaired ability to function in ordinary life (disability), and which is not a developmental or social norm." --- please identify what suffering or impaired ability to function is hit.

I don't see why you wouldn't feel compassion towards someone who was suffering from such an insecure sense of self.

Like I said, it is a mental disorder.

In the same way that a bullied child has esteem issues, when used in the context of the present example.

The fundamental question here is why someone else's behaviour can contravene your own beliefs. The two are completely separate. For example, if you were a vegan and I was a meat eater, then I would not force you to eat meat in order to comply with my beliefs. If you did not want to eat meat then that is none of my concern. The analogy applies here. It is nobody else's business but the individual, as to what gender identity they assume and what sexuality they have.

I thought it wasn't their choice? Massive non-equivalency right here comparing vegetarians to gays. Also, biologically, it is clearly a disorder, they do not reproduce. I am not going by feelings but by facts. I don't care who's business it is.

So "reproduction" is part of "mental disorder"? I am not terribly sure you should be throwing stones at analogies if that is where you are arguing from on any point.

Is sexual attraction mental?

Fantasy would be, I consider sexual attraction to be a more biological reaction to stimuli. Humble opinion, though, I am open to alternative research.

The reason why the majorital mindset on homosexuality is not an issue, is because it genuinely isn't. What you call Political Correctness, in actuality is just a common view, because at the end of the day, why should you impose your beliefs on other people?

The same reason anyone else does, they believe they are right.

Operative word "believe".

Yes I am not parading around like an idiot. Everything is a belief, including your faith in certain scientific theories. Evidence? Sure, it's still a belief though.

Fine, operative word "right".

While I can appreciate making use of older research to cling to conclusions you want, I feel compelled to remind you that "ice picking" was also accepted practice for what would now be considered curable behaviors as recently as the 50s. Slightly before what you call the "hippie" movement.

Irrelevant.

... how are accepted practices of the time period you want to quote not relevant to your argument? Walk me through that.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
TruthS4yer
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2015 7:40:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 6:34:30 PM, PatrickTheGreat wrote:
Homosexuality is a mental disorder. Up until 1974 it was officially classified as such, but heavy pressure from gay protesters... forced to change it.
You claim that homosexuality was removed from the DSM solely on the basis of political activism, however, there are multiple studies prior to it's removal that found that homosexuality was not inherently associated with psychopathology. Even were homosexuality removed due to political pressure, were such pressures to historically dictate the DSM's contents, this would only serve to further undermine the reliability of homosexuality's initial inclusion in the DSM. Some examples of the empirical basis for the decision to remove homosexuality from the DSM are listed below. For further details of Hooker's study (below), see Dr. Herek's website:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu...

Hooker E. 1957, Journal of Projective Techniques, 21(1), 18-31:
http://www.tandfonline.com...

Thompson et al. 1971, Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 78(2), 237-240:
"Homosexuals did not differ in important ways from heterosexuals in defensiveness (and) personal adjustment".
http://psycnet.apa.org...

Marvin Siegelman, 1972, Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2(1), 9-25:
"For the total samples, the homosexuals, compared to the heterosexuals, described themselves as less well adjusted on four scales, better adjusted on three scales, and not different on six scales."
http://www.springerlink.com...

The consistency and validity of psychiatric diagnosis was severely undermined shortly before the time that homosexuality was removed from the DSM in the famous Rosenhan experiment (1973, Science, 179(4070), 250-258). This experiment helped to stimulate the revision of the DSM-II in to the DSM-III. http://www.sciencemag.org...

Even as far back as 1935, homosexuality was not necessarily pathologised. Sigmund Freud's, 1935, "Letter to an American mother", American Journal of Psychiatry, 1951, 107(10), 786-787:
"Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation; it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function... Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them. (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc)."
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org...

Subsequent research further supports its removal. APA 2005:
"The decision to remove homosexual orientation from the list of mental disorders reflects extensive research conducted over three decades showing that homosexual orientation is not a psychological maladjustment (Gonsiorek, 1991; Hart, Roback, Tittler, Weitz,Walston, & McKee, 1978; Reiss, 1980)."

Solution? More research needs to be done. Perhaps we should investigate into the raising rates of homosexuals, what is causing it, etc.
There is no substantial increase in prevalence that I'm aware. There is a predictable increase in the number that are openly gay as acceptance increases.

Counter gays trying to shove their culture down your throat, other than that, I don't really care what they do, just don't push it on me.
What culture? How is it being shoved down your throat? Is somebody raping you homosexually?

Problems? Well an increasing number of homosexuals isn't a good thing. They spread aids and diseases at an alarming rate.
On the contrary, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2005:
"To date, there are no confirmed cases of female-to-female sexual transmission of HIV in the United States database."
http://www.cdc.gov...

Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, Fact Sheet 1 July 1996, Page 2:
"Heterosexual (male-female) intercourse accounts for more than 70% of all adult HIV infections to date and homosexual (male-male) intercourse for a further 5-10%."
http://quod.lib.umich.edu...

They force churches to marry them (a religious institution should be able to say no if they want).
When/where?

Having homosexuals raise kids is a terrible thought, having single mothers is bad enough.
Lesbian and Gay Parenting, A joint publication of the American Psychological Association and American Psychiatric Association:
"Fears about children of lesbians and gay men being sexually abused by adults, ostracized by peers, or isolated in single-sex lesbian or gay communities have received no support from the results of existing research... Taken together, the data do not suggest elevated rate of homosexuality among the offspring of lesbian or gay parents... The results of some studies suggest that lesbian mothers' and gay fathers' parenting skills may be superior to those of matched heterosexual couples."

I am not attempting to make a big deal out of this, but humans clearly are not meant to be homosexual, so this classification would make the most sense in my opinion.
How do you establish what a person is "meant" or not meant for? Meant by who?
Please avoid quoting all of large posts - it needlessly means we have to scroll through them to navigate a thread.
132sque
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2015 10:56:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 6:34:30 PM, PatrickTheGreat wrote:
Homosexuality is a mental disorder. Up until 1974 it was officially classified as such, but heavy pressure from gay protesters, and the fact that the hippy movement was in full swing, they were pretty much forced to change it.

Transgendered individuals, special snowflakes (Like otherkin) they all have personality disorders/dissociative disorders, it is extremely obvious if you listen to them. They should not be taken seriously, I have literally heard "angel kin" talk about feeling "Etheric wings" come from their backs. These people are clearly mentally ill.

Solution? More research needs to be done. Perhaps we should investigate into the raising rates of homosexuals, what is causing it, etc. Sort of how it parallels with the huge increases in autism and other mental disorders that people cannot control. Counter gays trying to shove their culture down your throat, other than that, I don't really care what they do, just don't push it on me.

Problems? Well an increasing number of homosexuals isn't a good thing. They spread aids and diseases at an alarming rate, and flamboyantly try to stick out and act special. They force churches to marry them (a religious institution should be able to say no if they want). Ever since gays have been considered normal, political correctness has prevented serious research from being done, such as maybe finding a way to preventing this. Having homosexuals raise kids is a terrible thought, having single mothers is bad enough.

I am not attempting to make a big deal out of this, but humans clearly are not meant to be homosexual, so this classification would make the most sense in my opinion. This is for the sake of defining a homosexual, not much else. I am not religious so no cheap shot attempts with that.

Wow this is, er...interesting. You should really educate yourself more on what being a gay person is. Have you ever even spoken to one? face to face.We do not "spread diseases" in fact the spreading of AIDs is stronger with straight women now. If it was a mental disorder we could cure "being gay", it cannot be cured. Apart from you not liking the stereotype what is so wrong with us? The only difference between us is that we love the same gender as ourselves. We are not naturally "flamboyant", neither are we all born voguing or shoving dirty needles in our arms. They are all life choices, just because some act upon our stereotype doesn't mean we are all like that. The majority hate the flamboyance now anyway...
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2015 11:24:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 4/28/2015 6:54:46 PM, hillsatdusk wrote:
I really don't think you have a true grasp of this topic matter at all.

Firstly, the classification of mental disorders has changed significantly since the 70s, and disorders that were diagnosable then do not necessarily apply now and vice versa. Bipolar and bulimia were not recognised at the time, but nowadays these are fairly well heard of and acknowledged disorders. So primarily, I think your belief in the diasgnostic tools as a basis for this idea gives you a bad stance.

Furthermore, plenty of research has been conducted into the notion of homosexuality and in fact a biological basis has been found; which shows that individuals have no say in the matter as to their sexual orientation.

Oh, so just like there is a genetic foundation for most mental disorders? Plus, not everyone with a genetic predisposition for something gets it. There is some choice in the matter.
To imply that gender dysphoria is simply down to dissociation would be a reductionist view point, and furthermore, dissociation isn't merely confined to the parameters of gender. It is present in numerous other mental illnesses, including (and not limited to) borderline personality disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder. In fact you have recognised this similarity but seem to dismiss its' applications where people suffer with a problem pertaining to gender identity. I don't understand why in the context of gender this should be dismissed, but when someone is suffering from a disorder that doesn't affect gender identity this should be regarded as important.

Research has found that there is an area of the brain known as a sexually dimorphic nucleus which forms a part in gender identity. Post mortem examinations of human brains found that male transsexuals SDN was the size of females. This supports that human beings have NO CHOICE in the way they are feeling.

Every heard of neuroplasticity? That just throws that argument in the trash.
I don't see why you wouldn't feel compassion towards someone who was suffering from such an insecure sense of self.

The fundamental question here is why someone else's behaviour can contravene your own beliefs. The two are completely separate. For example, if you were a vegan and I was a meat eater, then I would not force you to eat meat in order to comply with my beliefs. If you did not want to eat meat then that is none of my concern. The analogy applies here. It is nobody else's business but the individual, as to what gender identity they assume and what sexuality they have.

Until they start forcing their lifestyle down our throats.
The reason why the majorital mindset on homosexuality is not an issue, is because it genuinely isn't. What you call Political Correctness, in actuality is just a common view, because at the end of the day, why should you impose your beliefs on other people?

To persuade, to change their ways, to return them to normalcy, to allow them the chance to escape a lifetime of social isolation.