Jump to topic:

Hating gay people

Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2015 9:39:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I would like to clarify i'm not trying to justify homophobia or anything like that, i'm just wondering is there anyone that can actually find a real reason to hate people who are gay just because they are gay.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 7:57:53 AM
At 5/2/2015 9:39:11 PM, Rubikx wrote:
I would like to clarify i'm not trying to justify homophobia or anything like that, i'm just wondering is there anyone that can actually find a real reason to hate people who are gay just because they are gay.

Well there are some idea's out there as to why some one could not just hate some one because they are gay but even rage.

One idea is that the hate/rage produced by the person at it's core is produced by an inner hate/fear of their own or suspect homosexuality. As such by hating the "gay" they are thus proving (they think) to themselves and maybe others how they are not gay.

Hitchens once said something about people who seek to stop other people doing things that don't hurt others secretly have the desire to participate in the very things they seek to stop.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 9:35:17 AM
At 5/2/2015 9:39:11 PM, Rubikx wrote:

Homophobia is a product of what is probably most simply described as the straight-male in-group bias --meaning that guys, whether straight or not, have the tendency to desire to conform to and enforce male gender norms, which translates into homophobic behavior.

It's not "this simple" per se, because there's more stuff going on, but at the same time the reason is more psychological than anything else. When people use religion, morality, or whatever to justify their homophobic behavior, the impetus behind their doing that is a prejudice against those actions and behaviors that do not conform to traditional (read: heterosexual) male gender norms.
Tsar of DDO