Jump to topic:

The Real Key to Success + 20K AMA

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:06:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For my 20,000th post, I'd like to offer the world some advice.

I firmly believe the single biggest factor in one's success in life is a stable home life growing up. This is more important than wealth, privilege, race, gender, sexuality, et cetra, and while this often dovetails with good parenting, it is separate.

A stable home life is one with a loving and accepting atmosphere, and one that is stable, both geographically and financially, and where parents actually pay attention to their children's needs, and do their best to meet them, even if they fail. By doing this, children are allowed to grow and have a safety net when they fail, and this allows children, as adults, to take chances, to take stances, and make a change.

Well, I can't really focus on this anymore, so, sorry it's so lackluster, but I've got forums that need addressing.
But, at least this time, it's in the right forum. LOL
My work here is, finally, done.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:11:02 PM
At 5/4/2015 8:06:28 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
Liar. This is your 20,002th post.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:13:01 PM
At 5/4/2015 8:11:02 PM, XLAV wrote:

Actually, this is.
http://www.debate.org...

So, that is a lie.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:14:25 PM
At 5/4/2015 8:11:02 PM, XLAV wrote:

Damn, you called me out in the right forum. My bad.

But, according to the leaderboard, THIS VERY POST is my 20K.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:14:38 PM

I firmly believe the single biggest factor in one's success in life is a stable home life growing up. This is more important than wealth, privilege, race, gender, sexuality, et cetra, and while this often dovetails with good parenting, it is separate.

A stable home life is one with a loving and accepting atmosphere, and one that is stable, both geographically and financially, and where parents actually pay attention to their children's needs, and do their best to meet them, even if they fail. By doing this, children are allowed to grow and have a safety net when they fail, and this allows children, as adults, to take chances, to take stances, and make a change.

Well, I can't really focus on this anymore, so, sorry it's so lackluster, but I've got forums that need addressing.
But, at least this time, it's in the right forum. LOL

Why do you think a stable home life is more important than those other factors?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2015 8:18:41 PM
At 5/4/2015 8:14:38 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Because no matter what, you have your family: to protect you, to console you, to help you. By working together, you can overcome.
Without the solid foundation, you are just one man, on his own, alone, fighting whatever battles you face, and failure is not an option, as there is no safety net.

How do you measure success? It doesn't have to be a rocket to the moon, but an incremental betterment of your lot compared to your parents. To be honest, it seems easier to succeed in the lower rungs of society than the upper echelon.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2015 3:47:45 PM
At 5/4/2015 8:18:41 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/4/2015 8:14:38 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Because no matter what, you have your family: to protect you, to console you, to help you. By working together, you can overcome.
Without the solid foundation, you are just one man, on his own, alone, fighting whatever battles you face, and failure is not an option, as there is no safety net.

How do you measure success? It doesn't have to be a rocket to the moon, but an incremental betterment of your lot compared to your parents. To be honest, it seems easier to succeed in the lower rungs of society than the upper echelon.